Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 21:08   #1531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 56 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Well, that's where things need to change and the Government needs to step in. After the Govt. has made certain features as mandatory for all variants, why not go the full length here?

If and when they make these crash tests mandatory, OEM has to provide the necessary base variant of the car for testing and obtain a certificate before they start selling the car. Let's say it would be another step for ARAI homologation and the newly launched vehicle would carry a ARAI fuel economy and crash rating.

If only...
Hear hear! But that is unlikely to happen since our legal system does not allow TORT cases. If that was there like in europe or USA then the companies would have to step up or else lose lakhs in cases filed by customers. So they take advantage of this skewed legal system knowing that the customers will not be able to bring them to justice
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 10:40   #1532
BHPian
 
ajaiD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Shimla
Posts: 140
Thanked: 235 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

@mods Kindly move/ delete this post as seen fit.

There is a particular coincidence between the GNCAP & ANCAP both cars seem to fail on protecting the right leg of the driver. This is quite odd since ANCAP gave it 5 stars.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20201121103044.png

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20201121103729.png
ajaiD is offline  
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:30   #1533
VPL
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Kia Seltos IVT Vs DCT ? Why 2nd Best Variant GTX DCT is discontinued?

Hi Friends,

Why has Kia Seltos discontinued the 2nd from top variant GTX DCT Petrol A/T variant ? The sales team said that the top most variant was selling because of this particular model so that to discontinue. Is this the valid reason or there were any issues problems in it?

Is it really worth to spend 18.5L for this discontinued variant ?

Which one is more worth

GTX DCT Petrol A/T @ Rs.18.5L Ready Delivery or HTX IVT Petrol A/T @ Rs.17.25L Delivery After 2.5Months.

All Those mates using above to variants please share your personal experiences and views.

TIA,
Vikram.
VPL is offline  
Old 22nd November 2020, 15:19   #1534
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,607
Thanked: 16,925 Times
Re: Kia Seltos IVT Vs DCT ? Why 2nd Best Variant GTX DCT is discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPL View Post
Hi Friends,

Why has Kia Seltos discontinued the 2nd from top variant GTX DCT Petrol A/T variant ? The sales team said that the top most variant was selling because of this particular model so that to discontinue. Is this the valid reason or there were any issues problems in it?

Is it really worth to spend 18.5L for this discontinued variant ?

Which one is more worth

GTX DCT Petrol A/T @ Rs.18.5L Ready Delivery or HTX IVT Petrol A/T @ Rs.17.25L Delivery After 2.5Months.

All Those mates using above to variants please share your personal experiences and views.

TIA,
Vikram.
One reason could be to simplify the range because the variants were very confusing and 2nd reason people were upgrading their old GTX DCT bookings to GTX+ DCT so Kia must have thought why not discontinue the GTX DCT and push all turbo petrol dct customers for the top end variant = more profit for Kia.

Since the GTX DCT was present in all media drives at launch and as test drive cars do check this example carefully for any abuse/usage.

If the GTX DCT is neither a display nor test-drive car then only go for it. Also see what suits you more a turbo petrol DCT or an IVT NA petrol depending on your usage.

Initial DCT models had an overheating issue so check if the software has been upgraded. But no specific issues with the GTX DCT.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 17:09   #1535
VPL
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Thanks buddy.

Why I am asking this as I have been offered a 19.45L car at a whooping discount of ₹1L for GTX DCT with spot delivery but color option is only Pearl white.

Is it really worth to go for a GT when it's mostly city usage with not more than 600-800km per month.

I feel the black interior in GT is much more appealing and attracting to go for rather than the beige one in HTX model.
VPL is offline  
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:58   #1536
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 397
Thanked: 1,033 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...127418335.html

Now Seltos will also get JK UX Royale just like its sibling the Creta.

JK Tyre and Industries on Monday announced it has entered into an association with Kia Motors India under which it will supply tyres for the company's popular Seltos SUV model.

Seltos will get the UX Royale 215/60 R17 radial tyre from JK Tyre and the company claims that these will ensure that the SUV now has an enhanced ride comfort and better handling.

JK Tyre is backing the offering as one that is well-suited for Indian conditions - road and climatic - and will enhance the safety factor of vehicles.

Last edited by sv97 : 23rd November 2020 at 19:59.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:31   #1537
BHPian
 
Gallardo_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 54
Thanked: 83 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...127418335.html

Now Seltos will also get JK UX Royale just like its sibling the Creta.

JK Tyre and Industries on Monday announced it has entered into an association with Kia Motors India under which it will supply tyres for the company's popular Seltos SUV model.

Seltos will get the UX Royale 215/60 R17 radial tyre from JK Tyre and the company claims that these will ensure that the SUV now has an enhanced ride comfort and better handling.

JK Tyre is backing the offering as one that is well-suited for Indian conditions - road and climatic - and will enhance the safety factor of vehicles.
Any information as to when these tyres will be available for Seltos? I'm looking to pick up the car in Feb , would the car come equipped with JK tyres?
Gallardo_17 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2020, 22:42   #1538
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hello BHPians,

I own Seltos HTX IVT variant, which I picked on 10th Oct, got first servicing done on 18th Nov at 1250Kms. I am observing few issues which is really bothering me, would like to get some views or tips if anyone else here has faced similar problems

a) I feel the left side throw of the LED head-light is longer than the right side, when observed from the drivers seat. It bothers me especially in dark roads, where the difference is very obvious, not so much in city roads. I had brought up this point during the first service, and the SA told it has been attended to. When I checked LED Headlights again in dark road, I observed the problem still persists.

b)I was delighted with the smoothness of the engine and IVT after the first service, but this was short lived. After a drive in the city during rains, I suddenly felt engine to be lethargic. First I thought, it might be my gut feeling, but after driving around a couple of days more around 100kms, I figured something has definitely changed.
1. Engine feels lethargic.
2. Initial 5-10mm travel of the accelerator do not produce any effect,
3. As soon as I let go of the A pedal it feels like car is braking automatically, almost like engine braking in manual transmissions.
4. I have to press the A pedal considerably more the get required pickup
5. The steering has become stiffer, which was butter smooth after first service.

Please help me with the possible reasons and suggest the best course of action for the above issues.

Is it possible that issue b) is because on rain water getting in. ? I don't remember driving through flooded water area.

Would really appreciate any help here.
mswabhab is offline  
Old 24th November 2020, 04:44   #1539
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,182
Thanked: 6,268 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

1) I think the normal beam pattern is to have the left side throw longer than right aide, for RHD cars. It may just be a bit pronounced in the Seltos.
2) Assuming that you have been aware pf the rubber band effect of a CVT , if you perceive that the rubber band effect is worse than normal, you must call the SA and have it checked out.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:36   #1540
BHPian
 
WhiteSierra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 428
Thanked: 2,248 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post

Now Seltos will also get JK UX Royale just like its sibling the Creta.
JK tyres in general are worst in terms of providing grip and handling. All the JK tyres I used in the past wore out prematurely, few were deformed tyres, few had swelling on the side wall , grip, exposed metal wires despite having good grip on the tyres. I was scared to use them and the vehicles were also moving out of proportion. Right from my Tata Estate in 1993 (JK royale), Nissan Sunny in 2014 (JK Vectra), Wagon R in 2016 (JK Ultima NXT) to now S-Cross in 2017 (JK Elanzo), all the stock JK tyres had some or the other issues, we changed them to other brands and never looked back. I also read many cases of tyre blasts on these relatively new JK tyres in our forum (SX4, New Amaze, Estilo, etc) I hope at least the new UX Royale series on Seltos would hold up good, but I don't trust these tyres on highways and on highspeeds.
WhiteSierra is offline  
Old 24th November 2020, 11:12   #1541
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 261
Thanked: 506 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswabhab View Post

a) I feel the left side throw of the LED head-light is longer than the right side, when observed from the drivers seat. It bothers me especially in dark roads, where the difference is very obvious, not so much in city roads. I had brought up this point during the first service, and the SA told it has been attended to. When I checked LED Headlights again in dark road, I observed the problem still persists.
This is normal. I too had the same question years back for my Zest and the SA informed me that it is the norm for RHD cars in India. This ensures that the driver coming in from the opposite direction does not have to face your high beam from a far away distance.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 11:31   #1542
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,728
Thanked: 16,771 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
This is normal. I too had the same question years back for my Zest and the SA informed me that it is the norm for RHD cars in India. This ensures that the driver coming in from the opposite direction does not have to face your high beam from a far away distance.
Its actually a global norm & a long standing one. In all countries the driver side throw is set lower as a regulation. Reason is indeed the same - to ensure the oncoming driver doesn't get excess glare in view.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:18   #1543
BHPian
 
carnutfrombanga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 36
Thanked: 187 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCommando View Post
Read about a recent accident because of a tyre burst. The Seltos ended up hitting a bike coming in the opposite direction and the guy riding the bike got injured badly.

Ever since there were concerns on the quality of the stock GoodYear tyres, I was contemplating on replacing them. I have had a decent number of long drives and covered 6K Kms so far without any problem. After reading about the recent accident, I have decided to replace them, any thoughts?
Would be a unwise decision, as the tyre burst could be due to the owner not maintaining correct pressure or due to damages caused to the tyre by negligent driving etc.

Maintaing the correct air pressure by purchasing a tyre inflator and visually inspecting the tyre for damages every fortnight would be a far better option.
carnutfrombanga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 12:52   #1544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 778
Thanked: 3,294 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

After some multiple night highway drives I realise with firm conviction that the headlamps (the all LED set up) is utter trash.

It barely lights up dark roads and is actually a safety risk.

Any Seltos owner here done why upgrade? Or any thoughts?

Edit - safety ratings have also dinged the international ver of the Seltos because of its horrible lighting.

https://www.cars.com/articles/poor-h...atings-426158/

Last edited by Stribog : 6th December 2020 at 13:00.
Stribog is offline  
Old 6th December 2020, 13:00   #1545
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: KA05,KA31,KA47
Posts: 578
Thanked: 1,752 Times
Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
After some multiple night highway drives I realise with firm conviction that the headlamps (the all LED set up) is utter trash.

It barely lights up dark roads and is actually a safety risk.

Any Seltos owner here done why upgrade? Or any thoughts?
As is the case with factory LED headlights, they are sealed units meaning an upgrade/modification is ruled out.

You could hook up the lower variantís projector lights and put in HIDís.
drhoneycake is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks