Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 22:38   #1546
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Can anyone give review of official Seltos "floor mat dual layer " that is available as offical Accesory. I guess it's a 7d mat .
Old 7th December 2020, 09:31   #1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
As is the case with factory LED headlights, they are sealed units meaning an upgrade/modification is ruled out.

You could hook up the lower variant’s projector lights and put in HID’s.
I have the HTK+ variant. Can someone guide whats the best upgrade for the lights. I have read members talking about a HID kit as an option. Any recommendations for this? Also, does it void warranty and are there options where one does not need to cut and splice the wires.
Carate_Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 01:35   #1548

Can someone please post a screenshot of the latest software, firmware, maps versions from their Seltos UVO settings in the car.
seltos98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 07:19   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carate_Kid View Post
I have the HTK+ variant. Can someone guide whats the best upgrade for the lights. I have read members talking about a HID kit as an option. Any recommendations for this? Also, does it void warranty and are there options where one does not need to cut and splice the wires.
You can go for a HID kit of reputed make like Osram. It is a plug and play upgrade and won't require any wire splicing. No impact on warranty.

The only irreversible damage would be a hole made on the dust cap for the wires to pass through. In case you want to revert to stock setup anytime, you can buy a pair of new dust caps for couple of hundred bucks.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:42   #1550
BHPian

Do we know if they are stopping the Kia Seltos GTX 1.4? I was considering to buy it considering it has 6 airbags along with other Safety features over HTX trim. The sales rep advised on not booking as he may not be able to make that car available.

Does anyone have any idea about it?

Last edited by nacd80 : 8th December 2020 at 17:03.
Old 8th December 2020, 17:21   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Do we know if they are stopping the Kia Seltos GTX 1.4? I was considering to buy it considering it has 6 airbags along with other Safety features over HTX trim. The sales rep advised on not booking as he may not be able to make that car available.

Does anyone have any idea about it?
Lot of rumors are going around that KIA would reduce or rather simplify the number of variants across Seltos and Sonet from 2021, not sure how much of this is true. I got this info from 2 different SA's of different dealerships.

Vijay
Old 8th December 2020, 17:27   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Lot of rumors are going around that KIA would reduce or rather simplify the number of variants across Seltos and Sonet from 2021, not sure how much of this is true. I got this info from 2 different SA's of different dealerships.

Vijay
Thanks. That would make sense. I was ready to book the car but they turned it down, will consider Creta now
Old 8th December 2020, 20:31   #1553
BHPian

7 weeks on, no delivery news for my vehicle
Dealer has back logs running from September.
Dealer helpless, Kia is deliberately delaying Seltos deliveries, to accommodate price hike from January 2021

Any info on deliveries of people booked the vehicle post Oct 2020?

Below is the reply from KIA Customer Care, on querying about the delay.

Dear Mr. XXX,

At KIA, our mission is to ensure a seamless customer experience. That being said, our number one priority is customer satisfaction and relationship with our customers that last for a lifetime.

I, on behalf of XXXX, apologize and regret to inform you that the delivery of your vehicle against Booking number XXXXX may be somewhat delayed. At KIA, we value our Customer and it is our responsibility to keep you informed on all events around your car.
The Demand for Sonet from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our expectations and as a result all our customers may need to wait a little bit longer. With the new GTX+ soon to be with you, we assure you that this wait will certainly be worth it.
We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate in customer satisfaction. We are, hence, equally disappointed, not having been able to keep to our earlier commitment.
We are trying our best to minimize the delay as much as possible and deliver the vehicle within the committed timelines.
Please accept my apology once again for this delay and we thank you for your anticipated understanding.
We shall inform you as soon as your car gets allocated.

I dont buy this at all, how can they delay or ignore demand for vehicle of higher segment ?
Old 9th December 2020, 14:59   #1554
1:1
BHPian

Folks has anyone got their PUC Done for their Seltos or any other BS6 Vehicle?
I got mine done recently and was shocked to see the results.
See the attached image. Measured value is 0.03!!! on a diesel car.

Not sure if the measuring machine is configured for a BS6 vehicle or something else. I also own a BS4 Ignis which gave proper reading. If the machine can easily read a BS4 petrol vehicle then surely can read out a BS6 Diesel.

Anyone has any info can throw some light on this matter?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1548.jpg  

Old 9th December 2020, 17:34   #1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
7 weeks on, no delivery news for my vehicle
Dealer has back logs running from September.
Dealer helpless, Kia is deliberately delaying Seltos deliveries, to accommodate price hike from January 2021

Any info on deliveries of people booked the vehicle post Oct 2020?

Below is the reply from KIA Customer Care, on querying about the delay.

Dear Mr. XXX,

At KIA, our mission is to ensure a seamless customer experience. That being said, our number one priority is customer satisfaction and relationship with our customers that last for a lifetime.

I, on behalf of XXXX, apologize and regret to inform you that the delivery of your vehicle against Booking number XXXXX may be somewhat delayed. At KIA, we value our Customer and it is our responsibility to keep you informed on all events around your car.
The Demand for Sonet from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our expectations and as a result all our customers may need to wait a little bit longer. With the new GTX+ soon to be with you, we assure you that this wait will certainly be worth it.
We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate in customer satisfaction. We are, hence, equally disappointed, not having been able to keep to our earlier commitment.
We are trying our best to minimize the delay as much as possible and deliver the vehicle within the committed timelines.
Please accept my apology once again for this delay and we thank you for your anticipated understanding.
We shall inform you as soon as your car gets allocated.

I dont buy this at all, how can they delay or ignore demand for vehicle of higher segment ?
It is 10 months now since I booked. I got the same message as well from customer care. The dealer says due to covid some parts are delayed to be arrived to the factory itself and hence the delay. Also they said the delay is on their diesel line up mainly as they get imported where as petrol engines are still delivered pretty much on time being manufactured locally. They revised my delivery time to any day this month now and said the diesel line up has some movement from the factory. I am stuck and cannot go to any other dealer to check as I have only one kia showroom here and they have like a monopoly for their showrooms in the city. I also tried calling the customer care. But seems like email is the best way and this response from them is a standard last email response to any customer enquiring. Dont know if anything else can be done and escalated.
Rohitbotta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 20:04   #1556
BHPian

Found a part list floating around in Kia seltos India Facebook group, for reference.Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1607522662949.jpg
ynike99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 12:24   #1557

Hi All. Hope you guys doing well!

I have seen that even though the top-end variants come with a Bose Sound System, the sound quality is pretty average albeit a hit and miss with sound quality. I noticed that in our GTX+ Diesel AT, while driving the bass does go all over the place. With some songs the bass is good but with some not so punchy but the same cant be said when the car is stationary where the music sounds a lot better. Dont know if this has something to do with Bose Speed Compensation on? or is it because of tyre/engine noise?

Also noticed that while changing the balance to the rear, the sub isnt that powerful and even the rear door speakers are a bit weak.

Anybody else facing the same issue?
Old 12th December 2020, 02:58   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
Hi All. Hope you guys doing well!

I have seen that even though the top-end variants come with a Bose Sound System, the sound quality is pretty average albeit a hit and miss with sound quality. I noticed that in our GTX+ Diesel AT, while driving the bass does go all over the place. With some songs the bass is good but with some not so punchy but the same cant be said when the car is stationary where the music sounds a lot better. Dont know if this has something to do with Bose Speed Compensation on? or is it because of tyre/engine noise?

Also noticed that while changing the balance to the rear, the sub isnt that powerful and even the rear door speakers are a bit weak.

Anybody else facing the same issue?
I echo your feeling on the bose sound system not really standing upto its name. In my Seltos gtx dct plus, I started on my journey to improve the sound quality by first getting all the 4 doors damped. While that did improve matters, I was still not satisfied. Subsequently, I replaced the front speakers with polk audio dbs 652 and the rear speakers with Hertz in 2 separate steps.

During this process, I noticed that the so called bose speakers are smaller in size (without its frame), and weigh half of the Hertz speakers costing Rs 3000. Also, the magnets in the Hertz speaker were 2-3 times bigger than that on the bose speakers. In fact, the bose speakers looked quite pitiful in front of the hertz speakers and had a paper sticker proclaiming it's China origins.

After damping and speaker replacement, the bass is much tighter and overall sound quality to my untrained ear sounds much better.
civic-dk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 11:00   #1559
BHPian

Not sure how authentic this letter is, got it from one of the Seltos group
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1607691651812.jpg  

Old 12th December 2020, 12:54   #1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I echo your feeling on the bose sound system not really standing upto its name. In my Seltos gtx dct plus, I started on my journey to improve the sound quality by first getting all the 4 doors damped. While that did improve matters, I was still not satisfied. Subsequently, I replaced the front speakers with polk audio dbs 652 and the rear speakers with Hertz in 2 separate steps.

During this process, I noticed that the so called bose speakers are smaller in size (without its frame), and weigh half of the Hertz speakers costing Rs 3000. Also, the magnets in the Hertz speaker were 2-3 times bigger than that on the bose speakers. In fact, the bose speakers looked quite pitiful in front of the hertz speakers and had a paper sticker proclaiming it's China origins.

After damping and speaker replacement, the bass is much tighter and overall sound quality to my untrained ear sounds much better.
Thanks a lot for the reply mate. I thought I had to get my ears checked I was thinking of getting the doors damped too. Do you think its an upgrade worth considering? Has the road noise reduced after this as I did notice some road noise while driving over coarse concrete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks