Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 13:45   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply mate. I thought I had to get my ears checked I was thinking of getting the doors damped too. Do you think its an upgrade worth considering? Has the road noise reduced after this as I did notice some road noise while driving over coarse concrete.
Door damping on its own is a upgrade worth going for. I feel it has definitely made the cabin more silent in addition to reducing the sound leakage.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 15:06   #1562
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Thanks Civic-dk.
Doesn’t changing out the stock audio components void the electronics warranty?
Old 12th December 2020, 15:27   #1563
BHPian

Not sure, but speaker replacement is fairly non invasive change. I am hoping it wouldn't affect the warranty.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 18:06   #1564
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the waiting time for the HTX+ AT variant in Bangalore? We are trying to decide between the Seltos and MG Hector.
Old 15th December 2020, 14:04   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Not sure, but speaker replacement is fairly non invasive change. I am hoping it wouldn't affect the warranty.
How much did the speakers cost?
Old 15th December 2020, 14:15   #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Does anyone know what is the waiting time for the HTX+ AT variant in Bangalore? We are trying to decide between the Seltos and MG Hector.
Hi, one of my friend booked HTX+ AE AT in the month of November for dual tone (Silver and black) with VST Central, Bengaluru and he's yet to get a confirmation on the billing. On enquiring these irresponsible salesperson tells that they are yet to receive the update on billing from the plant and there dillydallying tactics makes us think to go for Creta or Harrier!

Finally coming to the waiting period, with my experience I think you may have to wait 1-2 months depending the colour!
Invincible8789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 18:01   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
We booked HTX petrol in October. The SA told us that we can change the color anytime one week before the delivery. I'm confused between silver and white. I want to keep the car for around 7-8 years and I'll also be going for PPF. Any advice as to which colour should I pick?
Ppf on white cars tends to yellow more visibily with age. Granted that the latest ppf materials are far better than the stuff from 4-5 years ago but this is a factor you should keep in mind.

But it's white, so I would pick up white and go for a ceramic coating. Save you money also
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 10:36   #1568
BHPian

We are considering the Seltos HTX IVT as a new car purchase sometime next year. However one of the concerns is the After Sales and Service. Not to mention the Hyundai stories I've seen on this forum. How has your Aftersales experience been? I request Kia Owners in Pune to answer as I believe experiences would vary in different parts of the country. Also, has anyone bought this particular model? I haven't seen a dedicated ownership report barring a few posts made early on. Do share your driving experiences of this variant, as well as how it's holding up long term.

Last edited by superguy282 : 18th December 2020 at 11:02.
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:16   #1569
BHPian

Some have been asking about waiting period for Kia Seltos.

Below is information form a Bengaluru based dealership. The picture quality might be poor. Sharing it as received. Hopefully helps prospective buyers.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-d7da357794f445ba91bab232474d6321.jpeg
OrangeCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 02:41   #1570
BHPian

Has anybody looked at tuning the amplifier in seltos gtx plus dct. Just wondering what options are avaliable therein.
Old 19th December 2020, 04:21   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy282 View Post
We are considering the Seltos HTX IVT as a new car purchase sometime next year. However one of the concerns is the After Sales and Service. Not to mention the Hyundai stories I've seen on this forum. How has your Aftersales experience been? I request Kia Owners in Pune to answer as I believe experiences would vary in different parts of the country. Also, has anyone bought this particular model? I haven't seen a dedicated ownership report barring a few posts made early on. Do share your driving experiences of this variant, as well as how it's holding up long term.
I had shortlisted the same model. Since Kia is new long term service reviews aren't in yet but the owners I spoke to seemed happy with the service.

I chose Crystal Kia due to thier multi -brand ownership. The showroom staff is really professional and the lack of communication seems to be from Kia itself not the dealerships.

The HTX IVT is a really value for money variant. It's gearbox is smooth and acceleration is decent. The 1.5 is not comparable to the 1.4 turbocharged version but holds its own. Think old honda city CVT type drive.

The only downside with the Seltos for me was it's suspension. It a bit too hard and Pune does not have the best of roads.

I had to cancel my booking due to the waiting period. I was promised 45 days and 3 months later the showroom guys were clueless on allotment. This was purely KIA's fault as they seem to be prioritizing the GTX over the HTX. Expect a really long waiting period.
Bluengel180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 07:59   #1572
BHPian

Point to ponder, a brand such as kia selling the numbers of cars it is, will baffle one to know that they dont have a rudimentary part such as the engine oil filter in stock! However this does give me the advantage of saying "i told you so" to my wife
I voted for the creta she was stuck on the seltos and now the seltos is stuck at the workshop since 2 days.Reminds me of the saying not all that glitters is gold.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 20:12   #1573

Hi, I purchased the base HTE 1.5 Diesel variant almost 2 months ago. I wanted to ask what parts can I install from the top variants both for the exterior as well the interior without voiding my warranty. The main things that I want are the alloys, OEM Infotainment (highly unlikely but still would love to know if possible), OVRMs, and fog lamps. Want to keep the car fairly stock but also want to enhance the looks.
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:46   #1574
BHPian

I have recently done 10k service for my Seltos GTX+DCT. Since it is one of the initial versions , I have asked the SA to update the DCT and ECM , which he says he did. But I saw somewhere in this forum that if the DCT is updated the temperature gauge in the display is gone and we get only warnings once/if there is a heating issue. However I can still see the temperature gauge in my car after the service and after the "claimed" update. Can this happen ? Anybody has any experience on this? The SA says he has updated the software, could this be a false as I still see the temerature gauge?
Old 23rd December 2020, 20:08   #1575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Have any of the Kia Seltos owners faced an issue with the TPMS?
(...)
While i intend to take the car to the service station to get this checked, curious to see if anyone else has faced something similar and how was this fixed?
I am facing this issue, annoyingly enough! My GTX+ diesel's rear left tyre pressure dropped to 29 (rest were around 31) and I had all tyres topped up to 33. Though the TPMS shows the correct (increased) pressure now, the damn error persists. One way suggested has been to top the tyre pressure to 35 or so and let it drop. I may try that next time I top up. Alteratively the first service (1 month/1000 km) is almost due so will ask them to check and reset the TPMS anyway.

Most Viewed