Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2020, 11:40   #151

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

₹ 20,19,589, 1 month and 1600kms later in a 7DCT.

1. I absolutely love driving my Seltos. I travel 17kms to my office and back everyday. Cover it in 30mins. Dont encounter bumper to bumper traffic. In ECO mode I get a mileage of 12 kmpl. ( Never a fan of diesel cars. Like the silence, smoothness in a petrol vehicle)

2. When I do travel with family in the evening I do switch on the transmission temperature on MID. And if I am not careful in bumper-bumper traffic the temperature creeps upto 10 mark. And that worries me.
Does switching to manual mode solve this issue? Plus if you press in the brake completely with the car still in D, does the transmission still heat up?

Have they removed the temperature display in the new update??

3. A comprehensive review by Aditya.
Should we switch off traction control while driving in city traffic. Dry roads?

4. I noticed my car was revving higher and when I asked the service center. They said it revs higher in the mornings to heat up the engine ( no need to wait after starting to drive)
I observed 1100 rpm when I start. Then settles to 900 rpm while idling.

5. Does Seltos have wireless apple car play.?

6. The wired charger (USB port and DC) Is it 1.0A or 2.1A.

7. Accessories from Kia. boot mat is good quality.

Tissue box ( good. It has velcro on the base which makes the box stick to the parcel shelf, doesnt move even when you lift the tail gate)

Pillows. (My kids liked it)

Dont buy the car dustbin from Kia. It rattles a lot.

Jopasu car duster is a must have. Makes my morning cleaning much easier.

Got seat pads from aliexpress. Protects the white seats from kids.

I found the ceramic coating too expensive. I used to get my Amaze washed every Friday. And i still loved it when I sold it. Never bothered about the swirls (courtesy 3M. Whenever I see a car. All is see is swirls)

8. Loved that the apple car play can play in a small window rather than the whole screen.

9. I have gotten used to the 360 view camera, blind spot view, front parking sensors. It makes 3 point turns and parking so much easier.

The screen on the top end honda city appears so small. And whatever car I now drive I find so many things missing after driving Seltos.

10. The big screen can be distracting at times. I switch it off to display only time while driving sometimes.

11. Honestly speaking I feel its a pain to always switch to neutral and back to D while in traffic.

12. The voice control is sub par. When I say something it translates to text correctly which I can read. But doesnt answer the question.
docahmer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 17:10   #152

I have done around 700km on my GTX+ DCT and have a very good experience. Some points:

1. Entire use has been in the city, with around 20-25 minutes every evening spent in bumper to bumper traffic. I haven’t faced any heating issues yet, and I don’t shift it to neutral. I keep tracking the transmission temperature, but it hasn’t crossed the halfway mark yet.

2. The display seems to hang occasionally. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I’m hoping the current software update will solve this.

3. The cameras a re a blessing in tight situations, or while parking. Even the BVM helps a lot while parking along a footpath. A very good job done by Kia.

4. In 100% city driving, I am getting a mileage of 9.4kmpl on the MID as well as full tank to full tank. Awaiting for highway results after a long journey on the highway.

5. My delivery experience was very good. I test drove the Seltos and the Hector on 7th December 2019. I wasn’t sure of which car I will go by, but had read and seen extensive reviews. One drive and I was in love with the Seltos. The Hector seemed too sluggish. Once I confirmed that I was going ahead with the Seltos, the SA told me a grey GTX+ DCT was in stock and would be allotted to me if I make the payment quickly. Since I was anyway going to go for the Gravity Grey, I urged him to hold the car for 2 days since it was a weekend. On Tuesday, I made the entire payment after which the registration process began. I’m not sure how it is in other states/cities, but in Pune, the car is not delivered until the HSRP is received. I had asked the SA to deliver the car next Tuesday (17th December) and in spite of a few holidays in between, he managed to deliver it on time. So my process of taking a test drive to taking delivery was a mere 10 days.

6. After about a week of driving around, I realised that I was able to feel even minor bumps in the city. After checking, I realised that the tyre pressure was set to 48 psi for all the tyres, which was strange. I got it revised to 34 and the driving experience is much smoother thereafter. I have no idea why they would keep the tyre pressure so high. The only issue I had with the delivery of the vehicle.

Overall, extremely happy with the car and can’t wait to go out of the house in the car. I will be going for a long drive the coming weekend, and will be able to post an update thereafter.
sohanangal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 17:27   #153
BHPian

Got an SMS from KIA yesterday to update software on my 7 DCT, and got it done today.

The temperature gauge vanished after the update, but I was able to set it back again using the setup key ( the steel knob under the temperature/tyre pressure display button).

Looks like the temperature guage is not the default display after the update. So it isn't removed.

I posted this on the other thread on Seltos gearbox issues, posting it here again for benefit of 7DCT owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post

2. The display seems to hang occasionally. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I’m hoping the current software update will solve this.
When I did the software update today, I asked the SA what was this update for? He mentioned it was mainly to fix the display hanging issues, so this could fix yours.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th January 2020 at 18:42. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
aravindkumarp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 18:01   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
I was able to set it back again using the setup key ( the steel knob under the temperature/tyre pressure display button
Can you elaborate on how you did it?
Old 4th January 2020, 18:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Can you elaborate on how you did it?
1. When you use the toggle button for display of Tyre Pressure, Compass and the third one ( this third option can be changed) , stop at the third one and use the steel key ( below the toggle button) to scroll up and down.

2. Now you will see multiple options like - Accumulated Drive info, Torque info, etc appear.

3. Keep scrolling down, the last option is the Temperature guage.

4. When you are on the Temperature guage, select the OK button to set it.
aravindkumarp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 18:43   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I was at my dealer today to get some accessories.

Attachment 1952804
Looking at the steering wheel Horn, I have a question.

Doesn't the horn in the center pose a discomfort in using it while driving. One would have to extend using the thumb to blow horn while ensuring steering wheel grip OR use one hand to press it.

I personally like the ones where the horn button extends closer to the steering grip but see that those are becoming extinct nowdays.
Old 4th January 2020, 18:57   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
When you are on the Temperature guage, select the OK button to set it.
Will try it
I never saw a temperature gauge there
Old 4th January 2020, 19:47   #158
BHPian

Is anyone having problems in receiving Form 22 from the dealers after taking possession of their vehicles? It has been 2 weeks since I got my Seltos delivered, but haven't received Form 22 from them. They claim the manufacturer is delaying it. What's your experience?
Old 4th January 2020, 20:08   #159
BHPian

High guys, an embarrassing question, bit of a Luddite here so please excuse me.

How do you open the boot from the inside? It is a HTX+ if that is needed.
Old 4th January 2020, 20:15   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Looking at the steering wheel Horn, I have a question.

Doesn't the horn in the center pose a discomfort in using it while driving. One would have to extend using the thumb to blow horn while ensuring steering wheel grip OR use one hand to press it.

I personally like the ones where the horn button extends closer to the steering grip but see that those are becoming extinct nowdays.
I lift one hand off the grip to press the horn. Your observation is correct and most people would have to resort to one of the options you mention.

Given a choice I'd prefer easier navigable buttons and better ergonomics but with everything moving in the direction of voice-commands, AI and mind-reading tech, I wouldn't be surprised if the physical horn pad itself becomes extinct in the future.
Old 4th January 2020, 20:32   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
High guys, an embarrassing question, bit of a Luddite here so please excuse me.

You would have to lower one part of your rear seats so that you can access the boot door. Once you reach there you would find a slot/wedge on the boot door. Remove the key stick from your key set ( same how you do for setting child lock) and then insert it into the slot/wedge on the door and move it. I hope this is what you wanted.
anzrulz555 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 21:42   #162
BHPian

Quote:

If your question is about opening the boot by sitting in the driver's seat - No. There is no way you can do that.

You will have to unlock all doors from your smart key or buttons on the front driver's side of the door. You or someone has to go behind the vehicle, and open the boot door.
Trident is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 22:45   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the security guys at your office having difficulty to locate the boot release sensor?
Pressing the boot release button on the keyfob may help.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 10:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
You would have to lower one part of your rear seats so that you can access the boot door. Once you reach there you would find a slot/wedge on the boot door. Remove the key stick from your key set ( same how you do for setting child lock) and then insert it into the slot/wedge on the door and move it. I hope this is what you wanted.
This an emergency opening procedure only, just incase it gets stuck to open from outside or you get stuck inside your car with central unlock not working.

You can use the steps for manual unlock of boot.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:49   #165
BHPian

Found a small bug with the UVO (mine hasn't been updated yet). While playing radio or media via BT, if I reduce the volume to zero, the sound actually becomes very loud (probably the loudest).

Tried it thrice and reproduced it every time. Hopefully it will get fixed with the Jan update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks