Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 20:48   #1711
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthumb View Post
When i gave my car for service yesterday there was a intank rubber mount replaced as part of the voluntary recall included in service bill ,free of cost . Have Seltos owners had a similar experience ?
Yes, you can find more details on this existing thread. Fuel pump mounts are inspected and in case the mount is found to be weak or damaged, they're replaced.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-campaign.html (Kia Seltos Diesel: Fuel pump service inspection campaign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy_2906 View Post
Hello All, This is my first post. I am getting a foul smell from the AC of my Seltos. My vehicle finished it's Third free servicing. Have other owners experienced the same?
That's not normal.
Please check the cabin filter and under the bonnet for anything dead/decaying.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 21:04   #1712

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, you can find more details on this existing thread. Fuel pump mounts are inspected and in case the mount is found to be weak or damaged, they're replaced.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-campaign.html (Kia Seltos Diesel: Fuel pump service inspection campaign)

That's not normal.
Please check the cabin filter and under the bonnet for anything dead/decaying.
I have checked the engine bay, there is nothing dead or anything. I will take my Seltos to the Service center and update. Thank you
Old 8th March 2021, 14:52   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

The thread is for the fuel pump for diesel cars, Mine is petrol car and the part replaced is a fuel tank mount
Tomthumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 19:45   #1714
BHPian

Guys,

Is Kia planning to give mild update to Seltos this year? I've heard from someone that the Kia is planning to give mild update to the Seltos by giving additional safety features in HTX and HTX+(both AT and MT), panoramic sunroof and wireless Carplay.

I hope that Kia will improve the structure of the Seltos or Sonet as it had scored 3 stars in GNCAP crash results.
Old 8th March 2021, 20:02   #1715
BANNED

I have booked Seltos HTX IVT and waiting for the delivery couple of months. I wanted to check on few things
1. Can I change 17 inch Hyper Metallic wheels to Crystal Cut ones, will it make any huge difference?
2. Same brand or other brand Subwoofer fitting for HTX (no Bose system in this) complimenting the existing sound system
3. Wiress charging and wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay as an additional fitting
4. Sun control filter - Dealer says it costs ₹ 30,000 but outside shop guys it will cost ₹ 4,500. I am not sure why such a huge difference in price. Also, will this impact the night time view outside for the passengers?
5. Do we really need to change tyres, if so what are the recommendations?
Ramchi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 21:22   #1716
BHPian

Hey guys , I wanted to ask How much mileage are you guys getting in Seltos IVT Variant? I wanted to compare the mileage with City CVT
Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 9th March 2021 at 06:44. Reason: Typo
Old 8th March 2021, 21:35   #1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Hey guys , I wanted to ask How much millage are you guys getting in Seltos IVT Variant? I wanted to compare the millage with City CVT
Thanks
I got 18+ kmpl on expressway/highway whereas in Mumbai traffic I noticed it varies between 12-14 kmpl.
skasse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 22:39   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post
I got 18+ kmpl on expressway/highway whereas in Mumbai traffic I noticed it varies between 12-14 kmpl.
How's the performance in city? Does it feel sluggish?
Gallardo_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 23:36   #1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
How's the performance in city? Does it feel sluggish?
Not really....I did feel a teeny bit of delay in sudden acceleration required while attempting an overtake on the highway. In the city traffic, that was not an issue. The automatic is otherwise a boon in the bumper to bumper traffic often found on Mumbai.
skasse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 06:31   #1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy_2906 View Post
Hello All, This is my first post. I am getting a foul smell from the AC of my Seltos. My vehicle finished it's Third free servicing. Have other owners experienced the same?
Does it happen when the AC is on, or only when you run it in the blower mode?
Old 9th March 2021, 09:39   #1721
BHPian

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone has got an after market 360 camera fitted in their Kia Seltos (I have a GTX DCT and had to take delivery since i was in need of a car and could not wait for GTX+ back in 2019)?
Please do share any reviews/ recommendations.
Old 9th March 2021, 11:37   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Thanks. I was able to remove it. But where to get the replacement from, since service centre is not aware.
Hi, I have changed my cartridge multiple times. Service stations have three varieties of perfume cartridges and you can purchase them there whenever you visit them next. I tend to buy 2 when visit.
BTW, these cartridges are expensive (I recall more than 1000 rs per cartridge).
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 09:51   #1723
K2K

Have heard this on few youtube channels, though there is no official statement. I booked GTX + DCT on 3rd Feb and later checked with the sales guy, but he did not have any info on this. Just said they would book me for the updated one if I decide to go for it.

No meaningful authentic info available on added features or cost, it will add to the wait time as well. But it may be in the works given the decline in sales since the 2020 Creta. However I don't think it will address the safety issues, they are regarding footwell and body stability which cannot be addressed via a facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys,

Is Kia planning to give mild update to Seltos this year? I've heard from someone that the Kia is planning to give mild update to the Seltos by giving additional safety features in HTX and HTX+(both AT and MT), panoramic sunroof and wireless Carplay.

I hope that Kia will improve the structure of the Seltos or Sonet as it had scored 3 stars in GNCAP crash results.
K2K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 22:33   #1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salil View Post
Does it happen when the AC is on, or only when you run it in the blower mode?
Hi, the smell comes only when I switch the AC on and after 2 minutes the smell goes away.
Old 13th March 2021, 14:16   #1725
BHPian

That's incredible. I barely get 13-14 on the expressway if I'm lucky. In the city I get around 11-12 max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks