Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2021, 09:58   #1801
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Has anyone taken test drive of IMT version, I have booked the same but test drive vehicle is not available at the moment. This version seems good value for money.
raviacc2825 is offline  
Old 6th June 2021, 20:14   #1802
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Since we were out of town, could not start our Seltos GTX +AT for 2 months. (Used the pathetic UVO connect app to start remotely once within 7 days, after that it just refused to detect the vehicle). The battery had drained out . Our neighborhood battery guy helped jumpstart the car and kept the engine running for 30 minutes.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:04   #1803
BHPian
 
papr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 161
Thanked: 1,332 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me the kerb weight of the Kia Seltos base variant— HTE Petrol as per their RC?
As per my RC, unladen weight is 1183kg for HTK petrol. So it should be same or slightly less for HTE.

Last edited by papr23 : 6th June 2021 at 21:07. Reason: Typo
papr23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 22:04   #1804
BHPian
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 364
Thanked: 455 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Today a Seltos owner, on the FB Seltos Owners Group, wanted to know what the weight rating of the centre armrest was, because his kid stands on it, to stick her head out of the sunroof.
John is offline  
Old 10th June 2021, 20:53   #1805
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Has anyone taken test drive of IMT version, I have booked the same but test drive vehicle is not available at the moment. This version seems good value for money.
I recently booked the version, but the showroom guy got me a Sonet IMT for the TD as Seltos IMT has not arrived yet.

It's basically a manual gearshift which does not stall, the system is smart enough to handle such stops and breakings.
ABeeBytes is offline  
Old 11th June 2021, 09:59   #1806
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Hello fellow BHP'ians, I am having an issue with my car color. The car bumper is now showing a discoloration, it has slightly turned yellow all through (the attached photo, not sure, how far it is visible, but through the naked eye, the yellowish tint is clearly visible). I have a fully covered parking with no reach of sun or water. Mine is the first-gen model, manufactured in Sep'19.

Has anyone else faced this issue, please?
Yes, my white seltos is duller on the rear bumpers as compared to the rear doors, or vice versa I can't exactly recall.

Also, folks, my 2020 car's key fob start isn't seeming to work offlate, any fixes/leads would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Arnav612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 10:51   #1807
BHPian
 
ThatCarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: BLR ⇄ COK
Posts: 31
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
I dont Own seltos, However had Hyundai Verna White colour. Mfg date was June 19th and registered on June 23rd. My car after one month of ownership had discolour in bumper compared to metal area. the reason given in service center is colour depth will be different for plastic compared to Metal. It sounded genuine to me. there will be light difference is what they meant when we compare plastic and metal. I lived with this explanation for 7 yrs before sold off the vehicle.

Now not sure if you want to live with it or bring to notice of service center. I'm 100% sure they will give above explanation.
@Endofdayz, Yes I am more or less sure this is going to happen if I take it to the service center. But KIA being new in India and as of now the service has been very good, so I hope they fix it by repainting it. But I am not going to settle until I get a resolution, as I don't see this issue with other white Seltos' on road.
ThatCarGuy is offline  
Old 12th June 2021, 00:46   #1808
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyd
Posts: 76
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Cross posting from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
The car was not cut opened. It split into 2 during the high speed crash hitting a concrete barrier. May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.

Check the news in the below link.

https://www.bhaskar.com/local/mp/chh...59868989405557

Request Seltos owners please be careful and do not over-speed.Of course nobody should over-speed, but just wanted to alert Seltos owners in this thread.
G V Krishna is offline  
Old 12th June 2021, 01:54   #1809
anb
BHPian
 
anb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Idukki
Posts: 706
Thanked: 2,526 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Cross posting from another thread:



Request Seltos owners please be careful and do not over-speed.Of course nobody should over-speed, but just wanted to alert Seltos owners in this thread.
This is applicable for every vehicle, not just for Seltos. Even a 6 star rating won’t guarantee safety if you crash at 150.

Last edited by anb : 12th June 2021 at 01:56.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 23:31   #1810
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Since we were out of town, could not start our Seltos GTX +AT for 2 months. (Used the pathetic UVO connect app to start remotely once within 7 days, after that it just refused to detect the vehicle). The battery had drained out . Our neighborhood battery guy helped jumpstart the car and kept the engine running for 30 minutes.
Today evening got a message 'Key not detected' and was unable to start the car. Called Kia RSA, and in exactly an hour they sent a technician who jumpstarted the car. This is the second time in a span of 7 days that the car has refused to start due to low battery. Car delivered during Jan 2021, car was idle for 2 months till 7th June. Happy with Kia RSA, but would like to drive the car to Kia service center to find out and if required charge the battery.

Last edited by xotiq : 13th June 2021 at 23:34.
xotiq is offline  
Old 14th June 2021, 00:26   #1811
One
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 274 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Just came across this today, a Seltos ripped into two in a high speed crash and the unfortunate fatalities with it.
One is offline  
Old 14th June 2021, 09:32   #1812
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Today evening got a message 'Key not detected' and was unable to start the car. Called Kia RSA, and in exactly an hour they sent a technician who jumpstarted the car. This is the second time in a span of 7 days that the car has refused to start due to low battery. Car delivered during Jan 2021, car was idle for 2 months till 7th June. Happy with Kia RSA, but would like to drive the car to Kia service center to find out and if required charge the battery.
Before you decide to the replace the battery, get it fully charged at a nearby battery shop or FNG. Since you had to jump start the car, battery may not have got fully charged and hence it needed multiple jump starts. It is new battery so full charge should suffice.
Aviator_guy is online now  
Old 14th June 2021, 09:54   #1813
BHPian
 
PaddleShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CH01 - UK12
Posts: 566
Thanked: 914 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
This is the second time in a span of 7 days that the car has refused to start due to low battery. Car delivered during Jan 2021, car was idle for 2 months till 7th June. Happy with Kia RSA, but would like to drive the car to Kia service center to find out and if required charge the battery.
Have you driven the car enough to charge your car battery substantially after the previous jump start on 07 June? Also, how much was the usage of electricals (headlamps, music, AC) during this time? Was the car subjected to very short runs in this one week? Was there again a period of inactivity?

All these contribute to the lack of charge in the battery or slower charging of a drained battery once it is jumpstarted.

I think I once read that UVO equipped cars drain more battery than regular Kia cars (I think discussed during first lockdown).

It would be better to either get the battery charged fully once or drive this car without much use of music etc.

Battery companies selfom replace the battery without asking such wuedtions. Moreover, battery warranty starts from the manufacturing date of the car as per Exide service centre when our 11 month old car was diagnosed with a faulty battery. The car was sold 3 months after manufacturing so Exide told battery was now 14 months old and hence out of warranty. We had to pursue the battery replacement citing our previous visits for same issues when the car was 6 months and 9 months old as well.
PaddleShifter is offline  
Old 14th June 2021, 14:07   #1814
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Before you decide to the replace the battery, get it fully charged at a nearby battery shop or FNG. Since you had to jump start the car, battery may not have got fully charged and hence it needed multiple jump starts. It is new battery so full charge should suffice.
Agreed, being a new battery, charging it once should suffice. Else go for a long drive
xotiq is offline  
Old 14th June 2021, 14:13   #1815
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Have you driven the car enough to charge your car battery substantially after the previous jump start on 07 June? Also, how much was the usage of electricals (headlamps, music, AC) during this time? Was the car subjected to very short runs in this one week? Was there again a period of inactivity?

All these contribute to the lack of charge in the battery or slower charging of a drained battery once it is jumpstarted.

I think I once read that UVO equipped cars drain more battery than regular Kia cars (I think discussed during first lockdown).

It would be better to either get the battery charged fully once or drive this car without much use of music etc.

Battery companies selfom replace the battery without asking such wuedtions. Moreover, battery warranty starts from the manufacturing date of the car as per Exide service centre when our 11 month old car was diagnosed with a faulty battery. The car was sold 3 months after manufacturing so Exide told battery was now 14 months old and hence out of warranty. We had to pursue the battery replacement citing our previous visits for same issues when the car was 6 months and 9 months old as well.
Hardly driven 2kms, however- took the car for a 10 km drive today as lockdown restrictions are slightly relaxed in BLR. On this same thread, someone had identified the UVO power draw while car is switched off. While out of town, I was indeed polling the UVO app couple of times daily for a week or so. Planning to buy a simple car battery voltmeter.
xotiq is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks