Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 22:49   #1906
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
What! Political influence works in car deliveries too? I have been told to wait for 19 - 20 weeks, for a GTX+ Diesel AT (Kochi, Kerala)
It does work. I had booked around 4th week of Dec 2020 for HTX+ AT Diesel. The waiting period quoted was approximately 12-13 weeks. During 2nd week of Jan 2021, while casually discussing with a school friend of mine who works at an executive level in an automobile major, I happened to mention the long waiting time and my desire to go with GTX +AT Diesel. He asked me to forward the booking details. The next day around afternoon, I was surprised to see an allotment mail for GTX +AT Dual Tone followed by the showroom team leader frantically calling to 'convey' the news. By evening, someone from KIA corp office called up to check status. Long story short- That evening the car was dispatched and got delivery in 7 days.

Last edited by xotiq : 26th July 2021 at 22:53.
xotiq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 16:37   #1907
BHPian

Updated on damping -

Took a highway drive after damping and it is dead silent.

Though I must point out, the bass effect seems to be deadened for some reason, taking it back to the guys at Power Zone to sort it out.

Last edited by Stribog : 29th July 2021 at 16:38.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 13:35   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subinmanaladil View Post
Something to note is, try 40 psi itself because as soon as my air pressure drops upto 38-38.5 psi, the bumpy ride slowly starts appearing. Ride is consistently smooth for psi between 38.5-41.
40 PSI is way too high for an already stiffly sprung Seltos. It means you're at 43 psi on a long highway run. i've been using 33 all around for solo long highway drives and 33 in front, 35 at the rear for full load condition(4 passengers and luggage). One can go down to 32 for city commutes. It works out pretty well. I've come to these values after a lot of trial and errors. With 40 psi, at expansion joints and potholes you'll have spine cracking jolts filtering through. I use a Michelin Primacy 4ST with an up size of 235/55 R 17 spec.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th July 2021 at 13:44.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 13:52   #1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
40 PSI is way too high for an already stiffly sprung Seltos. It means you're at 43 psi on a long highway run. i've been using 33 all around for solo long highway drives and 33 in front, 35 at the rear for full load condition(4 passengers and luggage). One can go down to 32 for city commutes. It works out pretty well. I've come to these values after a lot of trial and errors. With 40 psi, at expansion joints and potholes you'll have spine cracking jolts filtering through. I use a Michelin Primacy 4ST with an up size of 235/55 R 17 spec.
This is what is normally expected but for seltos with goodyear tyres, 40 psi is significantly more comfortable and cushioned than 35 psi or 33 psi. 32 psi is great for people sitting at front on straight roads but really jumpy /nauseating for backseat passengers on any road that is not straight.

I cannot explain how or why(doesnt make sense to me how higher psi ends up being more cushioned) but that is how it is
subinmanaladil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:54   #1910
BHPian

Dear All, someone hit my car in NDMC authorized parking and ran away. Looking at the damage, should I claim insurance or go for local denting guy (does good job). There is little Crack on tail light as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210731_165206.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20210731wa0004.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20210731wa0002.jpeg  

Old 1st August 2021, 19:41   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Dear All, someone hit my car in NDMC authorized parking and ran away. Looking at the damage, should I claim insurance or go for local denting guy (does good job). There is little Crack on tail light as well.
Once the rear bumper is removed, the metal portions can be fixed up back to new. Your local guy should easily manage. From the pics, I do not see any tear on the bumper. As long as there is no water / dust ingress into the rear brake light, a new chrome strip will cover that damaged portion.

Last edited by xotiq : 1st August 2021 at 19:46.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 21:12   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
As long as there is no water / dust ingress into the rear brake light, a new chrome strip will cover that damaged portion.
Not a good idea I reckon. Guess the crack is beyond the area covered by chrome strip as can be seen in the picture. Water ingress is certain with such a patchy solution. Better change them.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 1st August 2021 at 21:14.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:07   #1913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
For the damage done, claim the insurance to dent the rear quarter panel, replace the bumper, paint the bumper and panel and finally replace the tail light.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:31   #1914
BHPian

Dear BHP'ians,
Please advise if anyone knows a good place where I could do Speaker Damping in Bangalore for my Seltos? Kindly share the contact details for the same.
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:42   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Dear BHP'ians,
Please advise if anyone knows a good place where I could do Speaker Damping in Bangalore for my Seltos? Kindly share the contact details for the same.
If Koramangala is not far for you, go to Sachins Autoshop (please google the number). Have bought and done many things from them (including Damping on my old car) for last 11 years. Their quality of work is good and I got decent deals every time.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 3rd August 2021 at 12:44.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 13:42   #1916
BHPian

Guys - Any idea on how much does it cost for UVO sim after 3 years.
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:26   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Guys - Any idea on how much does it cost for UVO sim after 3 years.
What I understand from KIA service is it is going to be very nominal, they havent published the rates yet. But how far we use the UVO app and the native maps are to be seen, but yes it helps during intrusions.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:49   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
What I understand from KIA service is it is going to be very nominal, they havent published the rates yet. But how far we use the UVO app and the native maps are to be seen, but yes it helps during intrusions.
True. I use UVO only to check if I locked my car after coming back home. Thanks to my uncertainty and also use to unlock without keys. Helped a lot of time.

It worries me more when they say "Nominal"
Old 4th August 2021, 00:19   #1919
BHPian

Guys, I have a HTX petrol version, I am driving a petrol car almost after 10 years. Before this I was driving a Verna diesel and it used to give me minimum 15kmpl in city driving and that too hard on accelerater and breaks. Now, Seltos is not giving me more than 10 kmpl in city driving, with very light foot on accelerator and brake. Is this is something which I should accept or need some change in driving style. On highways I manage to take out 19kmpl from Seltos it is driven 1600kms so far.

Quote:
I was told, KiA might keep it free for 5 years.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th August 2021 at 19:59. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
raviacc2825 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th August 2021, 11:48   #1920
BANNED

Hi Guys, In DCT transmissions is it required to shift to neutral when the car is stopped (eg at stopping in a signal)? Does the DCT disengage both the clutches when stopped? The MID shows D1 (not N) when stopped in D mode. How does the creep function work when the brake is released?

Most Viewed