Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2021, 12:36   #1921
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelneo View Post
Hi Guys, In DCT transmissions is it required to shift to neutral when the car is stopped (eg at stopping in a signal)? Does the DCT disengage both the clutches when stopped? The MID shows D1 (not N) when stopped in D mode. How does the creep function work when the brake is released?
It is always advisable to shift to N in an automatic, be it DCT or CVT or TC. More so in DCT else it leads to transmission heating up.

Creep will slowly move your car ahead when changed from N to D and upon releasing the brake.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 12:44   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Guys, I have a HTX petrol version, I am driving a petrol car almost after 10 years. Before this I was driving a Verna diesel and it used to give me minimum 15kmpl in city driving and that too hard on accelerater and breaks. Now, Seltos is not giving me more than 10 kmpl in city driving, with very light foot on accelerator and brake. Is this is something which I should accept or need some change in driving style.
If you change your driving style to a lighter foot on gas pedal & anticipate braking earlier (i.e. basically align more to lift-and-coast regine) - you'll definitely see an improved FE. That applies to all cars, all transmission options. Point is - whether you want to do this to achieve better FE or whether you want to enjoy driving the way you do.

Either way - you shouldn't really compare a TGDI petrol engine with a diesel engine in city traffic conditions. Diesels always give far better mileage in traffic conditions. Petrols have a bigger difference in city/highway mileages compared to diesels. What you are getting - is expected for your driving style. So I don't think there is an actual issue that you'd need to get fixed at ASC.
Old 6th August 2021, 12:54   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelneo View Post
...How does the creep function work when the brake is released?
  • A Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), as the name suggests has the odd gears (1,3,5,7) on a shaft with a clutch and the even gears (2,4,6) on another shaft with another clutch. Both clutch sets are co-axial (in tandem). The Hyundai –Kia DCTs in India are with dry clutches, similar to conventional manual transmissions.
  • The electronic controller selects first gear and releases the clutch when creeping forward. Meanwhile, the controller pre-selects 2nd gear and is ready for up-shift on the 2nd clutch, when the throttle is applied and the vehicle accelerates to appropriate speed. The process repeats for the 3rd gear and so on.
  • There is supposed to be a logic to cater for stops with brakes firmly applied – the clutches are supposed to be fully disengaged. However, it is preferable to move the mode lever to Neutral for long stops beyond say 15-30 s.
  • Creep speed – you can check out your vehicle’s creep speed by doing this exercise on a vacant stretch of road. Release brakes and let the vehicle move without any throttle input. IIRC, it’s around 7 km/h. Problem is that in bumper-to-bumper traffic the speed of movement may be at a continuous crawl much lesser than that. One tends to use brakes lightly to control the crawl speed and in the bargain, the DCT partially slips the clutch – which leads to the well known problems. So the recommended method is let a sufficient gap emerge, then let go the brakes (which were firmly applied) and let the vehicle move at its natural crawl speed (without partial brakes) to cover the gap. Thereafter, apply brakes firmly, wait for a gap to again emerge and repeat the process.
  • Easier said than done!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 6th August 2021 at 12:59.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 16:54   #1924
MCR
BHPian

Took the test drive of Seltos HTX Petrol Manual Transmission variant today and we absolutely loved the experience. The suspension is well tuned and the seats are supple too. Kids loved the sunroof. Waiting times (around 12 weeks for popular colours) remains a concern though. We may book this car and variant on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Old 9th August 2021, 13:29   #1925
BHPian

Follow up of my almost 2 year old HTX+ 1.5D AT - has clocked 12K km so far. Last year, due to lockdown, pretty much only about 6 long drives between Bangalore and Coimbatore and local drives.

Recently, while driving, the "check engine" light came on and it stayed on. No behaviour change in engine performance was noticed. Next day morning, display unit suggested "light is because a malfunction was identified in emission control system; we recommend you take it to Kia service center". Not any warning by any means! Anyway, took the car next day to Pressana Kia Coimbatore - they ran diagnostics; error code I believe was related to fuel pump. They took it out, did something (couldn't see what) and plugged it back and let it run for few minutes. All good.

I usually fill from same fuel station - so quality is less likely to have gone bad overnight. Looked like I need to run the car on highways for 30 minutes once a month to make sure nothing is clogged

Original mini impressions:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4685012 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)
vsbabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 10:35   #1926
BHPian

During installation of seat covers, the seats of Seltos were removed. I observed that the work and finish of the OEM seats are very good when compared to few other cars whose seats I have seen earlier.

Seriously, I did not expect that level of finesse in Seltos. I will appreciate Kia for the seat job of the Seltos.
Old 16th August 2021, 12:05   #1927
BHPian

Kia India just tweeted this. Any idea about what this could be about? Are they finally coming with a panoramic sunroof?

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_202108161203122.png

Last edited by abhishek_hch : 16th August 2021 at 12:08.
abhishek_hch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 13:14   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Kia India just tweeted this. Any idea about what this could be about? Are they finally coming with a panoramic sunroof?
It could be more likely be the X-Line variant. Kia unveiled the X-Line concept of Seltos at the 2020 Auto Expo. It will more likely to get dark theme exterior, interior and matte paint scheme.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20210816131030_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20210816131042_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos X-Line concept walkaround

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th August 2021 at 13:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 13:40   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2193761
As per one of contacts in Kia dealership, panaromic sunroof may not be a possibility in near future. It is not a small change and needs significant change to the body shell which entails altering manufacturing/assembly lines hence additional investment. Kia may not want to go there right now.
Old 16th August 2021, 18:21   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos project X new teaser released, an updated tiger nose grille?

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20210816181842_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th August 2021 at 18:23.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 21:18   #1931
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2193761
Maybe it is the car after the NCAP crash test

I seriously hope that the Koreans up their safety game though, and spend less time on bling-y features that people possibly don’t even use after the novelty has worn off.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:19   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Maybe it is the car after the NCAP crash test

I seriously hope that the Koreans up their safety game though, and spend less time on bling-y features that people possibly don’t even use after the novelty has worn off.
Why would they do that when people lining to buy these vehicles value the vanity features over safety ratings?

The formula has worked so far. Why fix something that isn't broken, right?
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 21:47   #1933
BHPian

My Seltos (gravity gray colour) has got few lights scratches on door panels. I tried to rub it off using Amway Silicone Glaze, but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas on what would be a safe rubbing compound for removing the scratches.
Old 20th August 2021, 00:48   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
My Seltos (gravity gray colour) has got few lights scratches on door panels. I tried to rub it off using Amway Silicone Glaze, but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas on what would be a safe rubbing compound for removing the scratches.
Try Formula1 ScratchOut rubbing compound. I'm using the same bottle I purchased 10 years ago, even today. Works like a charm for me, on light to medium scratches.

Amazon.in : Formula1 Scratch Out Rub
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 08:59   #1935
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos X-Line details leaked. To get an exclusive Matte graphite exterior finish.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-d7f3a04e0ed04e54861abd098f225607.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-2531efd2cf374168ac53cc7921549055.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-4b99764969ca40179479990fa6201b7b.jpeg

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12410050.html

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st August 2021 at 09:01.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks