Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 22:11   #1951
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Loved the Blue colored Leather on the seats and door. This makes Seltos having 3 interior color options- Beige/White, Black, and Blue! Feels good that customer now has the option to choose exterior plus interior color too. Noticed this trend in all recent launches especially by KIA and MG. I read that upcoming Astor too will have the option of 3 interior colors- Red being one of them.

Loved the 18-inch wheel option on this Seltos X-line. Panoramic Roof is still conspicuous by its absence.
Old 26th August 2021, 10:00   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Walkaround video of the Kia Seltos X-Line

CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 12:24   #1953
Senior - BHPian

So it's just another so-called "special/limited edition" with no real addition of safety and/or other features. Yet, people will just go and buy it simply because 'limited edition'.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 18:14   #1954
BHPian

Only good thing I found is exterior paint, BMW sells this as Frozen grey on BMW Z4 for 4 lacs something
Old 26th August 2021, 20:43   #1955

Exterior color combination looks quite like the recent Lamborghini Urus graphite capsule!!
Old 27th August 2021, 18:00   #1956

Hello Folks,

I recently picked up a DCT version of the Seltos. I would like to get some clarity on the mode selection and defaulting. Below is how the car behaving -
- Assuming that the car is running in ECO mode and later you stop. Once you restart again the mode is always going back to 'Normal' instead of the mode in which it was last driven. Is this the expected behavior ?
Is there any option through the 'Default start mode' can be controlled ?

Look forward to have your guidance.
Old 27th August 2021, 22:59   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRPM View Post
Hello Folks,
Once you restart again the mode is always going back to 'Normal' instead of the mode in which it was last driven. Is this the expected behavior ?

Is there any option through the 'Default start mode' can be controlled ?
Yes, this is expected. No, default mode cannot be set.

Please have a look at the Owners manual, if you haven't already. You'll find this info on page 6-64.
Old 28th August 2021, 16:33   #1958

Thanks for the reply.

I was doing some parallel exploration - A friend of mine owns a 2020 DCT version. For him the behavior is different. In his case the once you put the car in ECO mode it remains in the same mode even after restart; while the SPORT mode gets reset to NORMAL model on restart. In the 2020 owners manual it is mentioned that this is the expected behavior..

As you rightly said the 2021 owners manual says that getting reset to NORMAL mode is the expected behavior.

So looks like KIA has altered the standard behavior across these 2 versions..
Old 29th August 2021, 14:08   #1959
BHPian

For long time now, I was wondering how to replace the perfume pod from the air purifier. As it is not easily available, I was thinking of some "jugaad".

So today opened up the perfume pod.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_132505.jpg
It looks like this once opened just by pushing the tab and pulling out the pod.

If you pry the inner boarder from the side, it opens up.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_132524.jpg
Its just pressed locked (may be with mild glue, no resistance while opening)

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_132843.jpg
The perfume sachet is folded inside it.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_132558.jpg
There is some oil like liquid in it.

So use your imagination to fill it with gel based or any other foldable car perfume like little tree

Or planning to put some potpourri items and spray the potpurri mist once in a while (make sure spay is not flammable, though little spray might not cause any accident). Like this
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_133835.jpg

Hope this helps.
dipdawiz is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 10:30   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Top of the range Kia Seltos X Line has been launched at Rs 17.79 lakh (Ex-showroom, India).

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210901_103011.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st September 2021 at 10:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:57   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
As far as I know, it is not mandatory to buy insurance from the dealer. What you can do is get a quote from your trusted advisor and ask the dealer to match it. If they do, you can go with the dealer insurance but you will have to check the policy just to ensure that there have been no modifications.

Otherwise call Kia customer support and raise a complaint.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Quick update on my booking:
I had called the customer care & also someone senior in the sales team at the agency about being forced to buy insurance from KIA and they apologized saying that this is not mandatory.

I checked with my family insurance agent and he came up with a much more reasonable quote for insurance with similar coverage & features (need to compare the two quotes with a magnifying glass).

The KIA agency members have verbally assured I can buy insurance from anywhere I want, however since the delivery is scheduled in December (as per the booking receipt), I do hope they dont flip at the time of delivery.
If they do, I may follow the footsteps of what Turbanator has done in the other thread (Social Media complaints / reviews - Approach of car brands & effect on new purchase decisions).
@dear Mods: apologies, I am unable to add a quote from another thread
aayusht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 21:48   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
For long time now, I was wondering how to replace the perfume pod from the air purifier. As it is not easily available, I was thinking of some "jugaad".

So today opened up the perfume pod.
Attachment 2199536
It looks like this once opened just by pushing the tab and pulling out the pod.

Hope this helps.
How do you get to step 1? And has anyone gotten any perfume smell from it? I haven't even once. Also hope this doesn't void the warrant ly

Update on my car, after much soul searching, getting the Hella 450 light bar installed tomorrow. Will give you all the feedback ocne done.

I am sick of the petromax light level brightness of the OE headlamps

Last edited by Stribog : 1st September 2021 at 21:49.
Old 4th September 2021, 15:49   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
How do you get to step 1?

Sorry for late reply. This is located inside driver arm rest along with the purifier
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210904_1451102.jpg
1. Push the clip down and 2. with other hand pull up the perfume pod

Name:  ezgif.comgifmaker 1.gif
Views: 1534
Size:  5.00 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
And has anyone gotten any perfume smell from it? I haven't even once. Also hope this doesn't void the warrant ly

Remove all these tabs for stronger smell. Unless you did it once, from factory, all are closed. But I agree, with all tabs open also it may not be strong enough; however I feel it keeps the cabin fresher and balance any foul smell.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210829_132505.jpg

From looks of it, it is a user replaceable part. So should not be a problem with warranty.

hope this helps.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 4th September 2021 at 15:52.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:45   #1964

My Kia Seltos GTX Plus 7DCT finally reached the showroom today! Had booked on 21st July and given the usual waiting period of 4-5 months, but got delivered today. Hoping I can get paperwork done before Ganesh Chaturthi. Super excited! Will share more pics and details after delivery.

The priced increased by 10k since I'm getting invoiced in September, which was a bit of a bummer but its not too bad so wont let it spoil my mood. I think most people getting the updated Kia (with new logo, paddle shifters) would be on the receiving end of this.

I had a question about the VIN number, I saw the VIN number based on the sticker that is stuck on glass behind the 2nd row windows.

The VIN is MZBET811VMN282073 , based on the VIN decoder, the 19th character is supposed to have the month of manufacturing but the sticker only has 17 characters. (See image) Is this expected? Or should I be checking somewhere else for the full VIN?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia-vincrop.jpg  

Old 6th September 2021, 11:03   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Sorry for late reply. This is located inside driver
You are an absolute champ!

Thanks, this seems like a far better option than getting those trees brand hanging perfume every week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks