Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:01   #2146
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,027
Thanked: 8,369 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I am facing a weird issue with my car's infotainment system or may be with my phone (iphone 13Pro). Earlier call history was downloaded as soon as phone connected via Bluetooth but now it is not downloading at all. Rather it prompts that device connected does allow syncing of contacts, however, I have enabled sync contacts option for car in bluetooth settings. Anyone else facing similar issue and found a solution?
Has been happening for sometime now, on my Seltos although with Android phones. I was using a Pixel until a month ago and currently, a Samsung S20FE.

I have observed this since past 3 months atleast. The Bluetooth connectivity has been steady and instant. Music streaming and call connectivity is smooth. However this download of contacts and call history fails once in a while (but not always). During those times, I have to dial the numbers from my phone itself.

I was thinking this was an Android issue but maybe it's the HU issue after all.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd December 2021 at 12:02.
ashis89 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:17   #2147
BHPian
 
Mountainman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: H.P. & Gurgaon
Posts: 73
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I was thinking this was an Android issue but maybe it's the HU issue after all.
So today was the lucky day. After posting here and doing some more research I was able to find the issue and it's solution.

Solution (Works for iOS devices as I was able to check for it):
1. Click Delete/ forget device option from bluetooth of phone.
2. Shut down the phone
3. restart and reconnect and toggle on sync contacts option from bluetooth settings of phone.
4. Voila, everything is working now.

It appears it was phone issue instead of HU issue. I hope it works for you as well. :
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:21   #2148
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,027
Thanked: 8,369 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
It appears it was phone issue instead of HU issue. I hope it works for you as well. :
I am afraid, I have done that a couple of times but the relief is temporary. Like I mentioned earlier, it occurs once in while and fixes itself during the next connection or after a phone reboot.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:53   #2149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Just did the PDI of my vehicle today; followed the team-bhp PDI checklist to the T. Heartfelt thanks to the tremendous job in preparing the checklist.

I am looking to get the registration done in January, so that I have a '22 registered car. Someone told me it is the registration date that mostly matters, no one checks the real car manufacturing date. Does it make sense to wait until January and have the car lying in dealer yard for 10-12 days after payment?

Thanks for your advice and feedback in advance!
maverick88 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2021, 16:37   #2150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Just did the PDI of my vehicle today; followed the team-bhp PDI checklist to the T. Heartfelt thanks to the tremendous job in preparing the checklist.

I am looking to get the registration done in January, so that I have a '22 registered car. Someone told me it is the registration date that mostly matters, no one checks the real car manufacturing date. Does it make sense to wait until January and have the car lying in dealer yard for 10-12 days after payment?

Thanks for your advice and feedback in advance!
I guess anyone buying it later from you would check Date of Manufacturing too. Even if this isn't a case, why to devoid yourself from enjoying your new case for even 15 days just for a reason which isn't actually morally correct.
Shanks_Jazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:54   #2151
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Madras <-> Cbe
Posts: 1,955
Thanked: 4,899 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post

I am looking to get the registration done in January, so that I have a '22 registered car. Someone told me it is the registration date that mostly matters, no one checks the real car manufacturing date. Does it make sense to wait until January and have the car lying in dealer yard for 10-12 days after payment?

Thanks for your advice and feedback in advance!
If the registration date is what matters, then none of the dealerships would actually be giving us discounts for cars manufactured in the previous years. It is not true! If you are getting a neat discount for a December manufactured car, then it makes sense. But now that you have the car already available, it does not make sense to let it sit idle and register it next year - that too without any discounts.

Rather, get the car registered, enjoy the vacation and holiday mood with your new car
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:34   #2152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 532
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Just did the PDI of my vehicle today; followed the team-bhp PDI checklist to the T. Heartfelt thanks to the tremendous job in preparing the checklist.

I am looking to get the registration done in January, so that I have a '22 registered car. Someone told me it is the registration date that mostly matters, no one checks the real car manufacturing date. Does it make sense to wait until January and have the car lying in dealer yard for 10-12 days after payment?

Thanks for your advice and feedback in advance!
Sorry to burst the bubble but the "year" of the car is manufacturing year and nothing to do when it is registered. That's why dealers are in hurry to clear December stock. If you indeed need 2022 car, then it has to be manufactured in 2022. If you are ok to get 2021 manufactured model then go ahead and do the registration. There is no benefit of pushing the registration to 2022 since it won't matter. Otherwise you can wait for car manufacturered in 2022 if year is important to you (for resale as an example).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd December 2021 at 18:48.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:56   #2153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
It is not true! If you are getting a neat discount for a December manufactured car, then it makes sense. But now that you have the car already available, it does not make sense to let it sit idle and register it next year - that too without any discounts.
Discounts? Which world are you living in bro? In today's times, the fact that you are able to get a car with 2 months waiting itself is an achievement.

I know it's the manufacturing date that matters' but the service advisor, himself advised me to wait and go for Jan Registration. In fact, he told me for all cars being bought after 15th December, they are going for Jan registration. I think I will just go ahead with this year itself.
maverick88 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:06   #2154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 532
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Discounts? Which world are you living in bro? In today's times, the fact that you are able to get a car with 2 months waiting itself is an achievement.

I know it's the manufacturing date that matters' but the service advisor, himself advised me to wait and go for Jan Registration. In fact, he told me for all cars being bought after 15th December, they are going for Jan registration. I think I will just go ahead with this year itself.
Generally December end is holiday season and RTO may not be fully functional so the dealer might be pushing to Jan. Or they might be hoping that some unsuspecting customers would feel happy that they are getting 2022 model and won't bother them with questions about december model.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd December 2021 at 19:19.
Aviator_guy is offline  
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:50   #2155
BHPian
 
anandkumargb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I got my seltos HTK plus diesel AT white delivered today from Naara kia, Bangalore.

Took the insurance from policy bazaar and saved 27k. I also have an year old sonet HTK plus diesel AT. Seltos seems to have better NVH and throttle response. The dash board layout and its height is much better in seltos than in sonet.

No discounts whatsoever. Didn't expect any in these market times. Have got the temporary registration done, will register it in Jan.

From booking date to delivery was just one week. Luckily they had this car available in stock and I picked it up. Any other color or variants and I had to wait for 4 months.
anandkumargb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:41   #2156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Initiated the registration process today, hoping to get the car delivered in next 4-5 days.

Can someone suggest good accessories store in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai?
maverick88 is offline  
Old 24th December 2021, 23:17   #2157
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I got my seltos HTK plus diesel AT white delivered today from Naara kia, Bangalore.

Took the insurance from policy bazaar and saved 27k. I also have an year old sonet HTK plus diesel AT. Seltos seems to have better NVH and throttle response. The dash board layout and its height is much better in seltos than in sonet.

No discounts whatsoever. Didn't expect any in these market times. Have got the temporary registration done, will register it in Jan.

From booking date to delivery was just one week. Luckily they had this car available in stock and I picked it up. Any other color or variants and I had to wait for 4 months.
Good to know situation is getting better. Even I got seltos black gtx+ in fifteen days precisely from day of booking and now super happy. Other colors had lot more waiting, but black anyways was my preference.
WheelJack is offline  
Old 24th December 2021, 23:40   #2158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
Today came across the initial sketches of Kia Carens.
Looks fabulous.
Asked SA about India launch, and he said most probably end of Jan 2022.

Informed him, that I might be interested in the Carens also if its launch date is near my HTX IVT delivery. I know I might have to wait for a month more, but looking at the initial sketches, I am ready to wait
Carens looks fabulous and being an MPV category doesn't look like one. However it will use the same engine options of Seltos being a bigger car in dimesnsions and weight. So would not suggest choosing this over Seltos if you are a performance enthusiast. In isolation yes if you were particularly looking for an MPV, this would be best in offer knowing very few competitors are value oriented except offcourse Innova.
WheelJack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 10:12   #2159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: PUNE
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelJack View Post
Carens looks fabulous and being an MPV category doesn't look like one. However it will use the same engine options of Seltos being a bigger car in dimesnsions and weight. So would not suggest choosing this over Seltos if you are a performance enthusiast. In isolation yes if you were particularly looking for an MPV, this would be best in offer knowing very few competitors are value oriented except offcourse Innova.
The pictures that initially came out were a little misleading, they dint show the exact form of Carens being an MPV.

I am talking about this pic:

Name:  carens.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  48.6 KB

But after seeing the launch, I have dropped the idea of Carens.
Going ahead with Seltos HTX IVT.
Took two long test drives, satisfied with the power for my driving style.

I am just wondering, the image above, is it the Kia Seltos 2022 facelift? And when will it arrive? If its another 2-3 months, then should I wait for the facelift, as cannot wait anymore that that.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline  
Old 26th December 2021, 19:03   #2160
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 506
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Anyone faced DPF issues with their Seltos Diesel? Just asking because we are planning to purchase a new car within 20L of budget replacing one of our cars and Seltos Diesel AT is one of the contenders for us.

And, since the car had released more than 2 years ago, did anyone face DCT issues with their Seltos?
car_guy1998 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks