Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2021, 20:06   #2161
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I am not a Kia owner but since I was planning to get Sonet last year, I researched a lot. Apparently, initially there were issues resulting from use of BS4 fuel but now the DPF issues seem sorted as I have not come across posts in the Seltos/Somet threads.

Waiting for Kia owners to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
And, since the car had released more than 2 years ago, did anyone face DCT issues with their Seltos?
I can point out this thread to you for information and more discussion since this one is a dedicated thread. Around the time I was considering Seltos/Sonet, I had read that the DCT temperature gauge was deleted by Kia. There was a video from a Seltos owner as well (I think shot around Udaipur, Rajasthan) that explained DCT temperature related stuff.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...eltos-dct.html (Serious gearbox issue in my Kia Seltos DCT)
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 16:03   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post

I am just wondering, the image above, is it the Kia Seltos 2022 facelift? And when will it arrive? If its another 2-3 months, then should I wait for the facelift, as cannot wait anymore that that.

2022 Seltos facelift should come in second or third quarter. But may I knw why you still have 2-3 months waiting. I got mine in fifteen days in Mumbai and mostly who I have spoken to said recently all seltos variants are being delivered in a month's time unless you have asked for a very specific unpopular color.
WheelJack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 03:50   #2163
BHPian

<Christmas came a few days early for me>
Hey guys! Recently took delivery of my Kia Seltos X-line (P). The experience has been nothing short of a roller coaster! Thought I’d take some time out to post my experience.

I bought my first car (i20 Active P) back in 2016, and it served me very well so far. On long trips, the desire to have something a bit more powerful and with some more creature comforts did keep creeping time and again- but never so much to drive me to upgrade.

But 5+ years passed, and the wife and I kept discussing an upgrade for sooner than later. The real catalyst to upgrade came when professional commitments warranted a move to Bangalore from Delhi. I realised that taking a DL number around in Bangalore had its own challenges (Harassment, need to re-register etc- this was posted on another thread on tbhp, and this has sparked a debate, nevertheless the facts remain) Plus, once in Bangalore, selling the car would also have its own challenges.

The final push came in the form of the govt notification for the BH series registration and its prompt adoption by states like Odisha (my home state) and Delhi (my current state)- at the face of it, this would save us cost and hassle, and not have to pay high KA taxes, while giving me the freedom to move- and the criteria for private employers was met by my wife. Thus, by end Oct'21, the decision was made- Sell the i20, and once full clarity/confirmation on BH was received, buy a new car.

We were moderately clear on what we wanted-compact SUV- something not too big, preferably petrol + turbo, automatic, good pulling power, decent fuel economy (something that was a sore point on i20). Some strongly desirable creature comforts were ventilated seats, 6 airbags, driving aids like a 360 camera, a sunroof (preferably panoramic) and so on.

My wife’s first choice had always been the Seltos (and then the Creta)- but the long waiting times had dissuaded us from even TD’ing. My next choice was the XUV 700 when it launched; but the variant distribution, size, and expected wait times all went against it, and with the kind of rush, I did not even TD it- must have features were outside my budget, as was the wait time. My next choice was the MG Astor Savvy Turbo (ADAS)- a beautiful car with most of the desired features and that gorgeous panoramic sunroof; I TD’d it, liked it and this was the first to be booked. Was quoted a wait time of 3 months. However, the missus was not a big fan of the Astor- said the rear felt a bit “wallowy”, and a little cramped- she agreed at my insistence. The day we booked the Astor, she saw a Seltos X-line being delivered nearby, and both of us totally fell for it. But decided to at least go for a test ride- sadly the showroom did not seem too intent to give us one, and we were given excuses for 2 weeks on how the DCT TD vehicle was in the workshop. At this point, we gave up on the Seltos and pinned our hopes on the Astor being delivered in late Dec/Mid Jan.

In the meantime, we TD’d a couple of other vehicles: Harrier (good vehicle, good road presence, but basic/must-have features missing in the XTA+ variant, and found to be too big by wife- ruled out); Alcazar (casual test ride taken since Creta was not available for TD); Kushaq 1.5 DSG (Loved the way it pulled, but just did not feel like a full package) and Honda City (My brother was looking at this for his first car- it was booked and even delivered in early Dec, so it was a good reference point for us. Fantastic driver comfort, good features, great revving engine and so on). Creta, with its 6 -month wait time and no confidence from the dealer, was totally ruled out.

The Seltos story:

After all the TD’s, and having booked the Astor, somehow in the 3rd week of Nov, I thought of trying a different Kia dealer once again to see if I could get a Seltos Turbo DCT for a TD; and interestingly, this time round, a different dealer, Lohia Kia, responded really well, even brought the vehicle home from 20 kms away for a TD which went well- I loved the way it pulled in the sports mode(whoa!) , how it felt like a bigger car, the paddle shifters, great sound system and overall feature list. Wife also loved it- one look at the fancy HUD piqued her interest even further! This dealer quoted a wait time of 12-14 weeks for the X-line petrol (plus assurance that they would get the BH registration done)- this got both of our hopes up and we booked it immediately hoping we’d get lucky. Now Seltos was the first choice; and Astor the second. Concerns around the Fuel economy for Astor was also starting to take CenterStage in my mind and I was heavily leaning towards the Seltos.

The main surprise came in the 1st week of Dec (about 10 days post booking) when the dealer called to ask if I wanted allotment as a car had been made available. I had not expected delivery anytime before late Jan/Feb, so I was both overjoyed and a little fazed! However, I took the plunge and asked the dealer to begin the process, particularly for the BH series registration, since dealer themselves were unsure of the process. And thus started the most tortuous wait of my life, what with arranging for the loan, getting documentation for the registration, back and forth with the RTO/agent, and whatnot. (Noted separately in the BH registration thread). Matters were made a bit complicated with the ownership in my wife’s name and a joint loan.

However, things went mostly smooth versus expectations, and the loan was processed in 5-6 days; it was clarity on registration that took a few days more. In the meantime, we concluded the PDI, completed payments, and the file was sent to the RTO on the 13th of Dec. Quite incredibly, registration was done on 16th, number was allotted, and even the number plate + RC was made available on the same day. All in all, we were ready to take delivery by 18th/19th of Dec ��

There was the usual discussion on insurance/ accessories etc (we got some reduction from the dealer on the insurance, who was also okay if we got it from outside)- I went for some basic accessories, avoiding anything with chrome. And then, with bated breath, came the D-day, 19th of Dec, when we brought our beautiful new ride home. D-Day was smooth, and the delivery formalities went fairly quick; the number plate got as much attention as the car, and we were asked by quite a few people about it.

Initial impressions: As I write, I have completed about 500 kms in the X-line, and I am absolutely loving every minute in it- the torque rush on sports mode is heady! The HUD is a real boon, and I am starting to really like it a lot. The quality and clarity of the 360 camera is superb, as is the DCT gearbox with its slick gear changes; of course, the manual talks a lot about using the DCT properly, so it doesn’t overheat, and that’s a big mental nag I have all the time. The Bose sound system is terrific, and while people have complained of the stiff suspension (which I can feel), I love the way it handles. The matte finish and the dark treatment certainly lend an air of sophistication and size; It is very pleasing visually, especially with my aversion to chrome. Even the blue seats look very upmarket and are unlike the other options I have seen (except the beautiful sangria red on the Astor). I am getting an overall FE of ~13kmph with mixed city riding, with some spirted riding on the highways. A long trip to the hills is planned over the new year- lets see how that goes!

My next paint point is getting a suitable paint protection for the matte paint- confused between PPF (Which is too expensive to make sense), and ceramic/graphen coating which some shops are saying will be possible for matte paints.

Note: A lot of my thoughts above might seem a little erratic/ disjointed as this is one of my first long posts on TBHP- apologies for the long, circuitous read!

Pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211221_105551.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211219_173430.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211220_084543.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211224_101922.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211225_000737.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211225_000708.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211222_111814.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211225_000506.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2022 at 21:28. Reason: Paragraph spacing added
sauravm_89 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 00:12   #2164
BHPian

Hi, I got my Seltos HTK Plus IMT delivered today. ��
I have a concern though, and need your help. There’s a strange motorised feel and sound, when I press the brake before starting the engine. Is this normal? I have never experienced this on any other car I have driver. Should I get this checked?
maverick88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 00:35   #2165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Hi, I got my Seltos HTK Plus IMT delivered today. ��
I have a concern though, and need your help. There’s a strange motorised feel and sound, when I press the brake before starting the engine. Is this normal? I have never experienced this on any other car I have driver. Should I get this checked?
That must be the fuel pump. In AMT/IMT cars, it gets actuated/primed before engine start. In some cars, the trigger is opening the driver door while in others, it is pressing the brake. It's normal, IMO.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 09:00   #2166

What would be a realistic price I could get for my GTX Plus diesel AT 2020(Feb) model in Bengaluru. Mileage 14500 km.
Note: I had two claims.
1. Right backside door and quarter panel replaced in 2020( A reversing lorry hit me at a petrol pump)
2. Left backside door replaced in 2021 (pillar scratch and dent).
MrCommando is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 11:59   #2167
Distinguished - BHPian

Right now at Kia service centre as my car's alignment was slightly off after the last service, was pulling a wee bit to the left.

While waiting I saw these crashed KIAs and clicked few pics. One can see the internals beyond the body shell. I have no idea how the crash happened.

In this one, the airbags haven't been triggered. Seems like crashing under a heavy vehicle/truck
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_113948.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114009.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114040.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114057.jpg

Airbags on the 2nd car have been triggered
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114246.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114536.jpg

The small fogs that Kia uses on its cars.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114139.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220108_114316.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th January 2022 at 12:02.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 21:01   #2168
BHPian

I got the delivery of my Seltos HTK plus Diesel AT white last month in Bangalore.
I got the delivery within a week as this car was readily available. I also have Sonet HTK plus diesel AT.

Comparisons:

1. Seltos has better suspension among the two even though Sonet has wider tires and a better side profile.

2. Feel the gearbox tuning is different in both the cars...Feel Sonet is better.

3. NVH is better in Seltos
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211222_200221_bokeh.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20201209_202949.jpg  

anandkumargb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 09:05   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I got the delivery of my Seltos HTK plus Diesel AT white last month in Bangalore.
I got the delivery within a week as this car was readily available. I also have Sonet HTK plus diesel AT.

Comparisons:

1. Seltos has better suspension among the two even though Sonet has wider tires and a better side profile.

2. Feel the gearbox tuning is different in both the cars...Feel Sonet is better.

3. NVH is better in Seltos
Congratulations Anand! Quite surprising that you got the car delivered so soon. And even more surprised that you find Seltos to have better ride quality when compared to Sonet. Most reviews keep saying that the Seltos has a rather harsh ride quality.

Also, can you please let us understand the decision process behind getting the Seltos, while already having a very similar Sonet already at home?
Old 9th January 2022, 10:23   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Congratulations Anand! Quite surprising that you got the car delivered so soon. And even more surprised that you find Seltos to have better ride quality when compared to Sonet. Most reviews keep saying that the Seltos has a rather harsh ride quality.

Also, can you please let us understand the decision process behind getting the Seltos, while already having a very similar Sonet already at home?
Seltos with 16" alloys has a better ride quality. I always keep the tire pressure 2 psi below recommended pressure. I think most reviews are done with the top variant where the car has 17 or 18" alloys, hence the verdict of a harsh ride.

I had booked the XUV 700 Diesel AT on 7th Oct I,e first day of the launch.
Yet my delivery date given was July 2022. Hence started looking at other options. Since I found Sonet diesel AT to be a no-nonsense car. The service center is within walkable distance. Didn't like any of the alternatives available to XUV700, namely Harrier, Crysta. Also, I didn't need a 7 seater; thought it is prudent to buy the Seltos Diesel AT. It's a downgrade for sure but I find solace in the fact that I saved 7.5 lakhs.
anandkumargb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 23:09   #2171
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos X Line - B.A. comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manish76 View Post
[*] Ride quality - was expecting a harsh ride quality with the previous year Seltos having stiff suspensions and now with the lower profile R18 wheels..
Hey congratulations on your new car. Our Duster is reaching the 10 year mark so we'll reregister to our Goa address and have it deported there.

I was considering the Seltos HTK+ Diesel AT, but I am getting paranoid over the stiffer suspension. Coming from a family with weaker backs in our genes, I wanted to take your opinion over the ride quality in comparison to your Linea, as I have driven one extensively myself, or some other cars too. As the demand for diesel cars in NGT is so less I'm not getting a Diesel one for TD easily.

Also, you mentioned something in comparison with the last year's Seltos. Do you have any confirmation about Kia softening the dampers?
Because, I was surprised to see people still complaining about the suspension in their '21 Seltos, despite your statement.

The softer sprung Creta SX CRDi AT and others are out of my budget for this buy, I'm left with Seltos only.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2022, 08:59   #2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Hey congratulations on your new car. Our Duster is reaching the 10 year mark so we'll reregister to our Goa address and have it deported there.

I was considering the Seltos HTK+ Diesel AT, but I am getting paranoid over the stiffer suspension. Coming from a family with weaker backs in our genes, I wanted to take your opinion over the ride quality in comparison to your Linea, as I have driven one extensively myself, or some other cars too. As the demand for diesel cars in NGT is so less I'm not getting a Diesel one for TD easily.

Also, you mentioned something in comparison with the last year's Seltos. Do you have any confirmation about Kia softening the dampers?
Because, I was surprised to see people still complaining about the suspension in their '21 Seltos, despite your statement.

The softer sprung Creta SX CRDi AT and others are out of my budget for this buy, I'm left with Seltos only.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Dr.Aviansh, thank you for your comments. My comparison was between an older Seltos and the 2021 model where I did feel the newer model did not have a jarring ride as much as the older unit. That being said, the ride quality on the Linea was much much better though we are comparing a sedan to a Seltos.

My current ride is the Xline which has the 18 inch wheels and hence due to the lower profile, it does give jarring jolts when I hit a sudden uneven patch of road. I recently rode it to Trivandrum from Mumbai and then returned as well covering over 3000kms. My back is fine.

But for you - coming from a Duster, you will feel a world of difference even if Kia has softened the suspension this year - have no formal confirmation on the suspension being softter except the word of a sales guy which has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

My suggestion would be to take a test drive of the HTK+ AT Diesel which has the 16 inch wheels and hence a higher tyre profile which should lead to a less jarring ride.

Not sure if I answered you completely or not, but bottom line is that the Seltos - even with the claims of softer suspension (not confirmed officially by Kia) and the larger profile tyre in the HTK+ variant will still be stiffer compared to a Linea or Duster let alone the Creta. I reiterate - take a test drive and see if they have an HTK variant available for test - the GTX that they usually give for test drives comes with 17" wheels. Depending on where you plan to drive and the quality of roads, you may find it tolerable. Else, if you can stretch, the Creta SX AT Diesel would be a better fit for you.
t_manish76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 13:51   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelJack View Post
2022 Seltos facelift should come in second or third quarter. But may I knw why you still have 2-3 months waiting. I got mine in fifteen days in Mumbai and mostly who I have spoken to said recently all seltos variants are being delivered in a month's time unless you have asked for a very specific unpopular color.
By 2-3 months, I meant I am ready to wait that long if the Seltos facelift will be available. As you said if its going to be release in second or third quarter, then I will take the current models delivery.

Coming to the current wait times, I booked my Seltos in white HTX IVT on 1st Dec 2021. And the SA mentioned, that I wont get it before Jan 15th 2022, as he said that end of December, 2 weeks there is a factory shut down and production resumes on 2nd or 3rd Jan.
So I will call him next on 15th Jan asking him for an update.
Old 10th January 2022, 14:37   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
By 2-3 months, I meant I am ready to wait that long if the Seltos facelift will be available. As you said if its going to be release in second or third quarter, then I will take the current models delivery.

Coming to the current wait times, I booked my Seltos in white HTX IVT on 1st Dec 2021. And the SA mentioned, that I wont get it before Jan 15th 2022, as he said that end of December, 2 weeks there is a factory shut down and production resumes on 2nd or 3rd Jan.
So I will call him next on 15th Jan asking him for an update.
Great. Wish you millions of miles in advance and happy delivery!
Old 10th January 2022, 22:01   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manish76 View Post
My suggestion would be to take a test drive of the HTK+ AT Diesel which has the 16 inch wheels and hence a higher tyre profile which should lead to a less jarring ride.

Not sure if I answered you completely or not, but bottom line is that the Seltos - even with the claims of softer suspension (not confirmed officially by Kia) and the larger profile tyre in the HTK+ variant will still be stiffer compared to a Linea or Duster let alone the Creta. I reiterate - take a test drive and see if they have an HTK variant available for test - the GTX that they usually give for test drives comes with 17" wheels.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Yeah i have been trying a lot to get a TD, will try again after this 3rd Wave. Also, I will compare the part numbers of the dampers from a Kia ASC, for the respective variants of a 2019 and a 2021 manufactured Seltos. That might help me compare further as the current TD car would be a 2019 one, until the facelift Seltos comes in.

Kudos on that long journey! I'm sure the stiffer shocks are a boon on the highways, my main concern was the low speed ride quality while dealing with potholes in city traffic.
dr.aviansh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks