Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 23:27   #2221

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
1. warm air blowing from the rear vents , need to get this issue checked during the 1st service
I noticed same issue in my car. I just took the delivery a month ago. Please let me know if you find something on it.
Old 16th February 2022, 11:43   #2222
BHPian

Seltosians, anyone out here using the Falken Ziex ZE914 EcoRun 215/65/R17 tyres or any 65 aspect ratio R17 tyres for that matter, on Seltos ? I need a real-world review of it.
Old 16th February 2022, 17:01   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Seltosians, anyone out here using the Falken Ziex ZE914 EcoRun 215/65/R17 tyres or any 65 aspect ratio R17 tyres for that matter, on Seltos ? I need a real-world review of it.
That is almost 3% up and generally you should not upgrade to anything above 2% difference. Instead I recommend Bridgestone Dueler D687 215/60/R17 which I had used extensively when I had the XTrail and they performed great.
Old 17th February 2022, 14:45   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post

Till now I found only 2 issues:
1. warm air blowing from the rear vents , need to get this issue checked during the 1st service
I think I read about this issue somewhere on the forum. Can you lower the temperature right to the lowest, and then check if the rear vents blow out cold air, or if then also warm air.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:19   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
I think I read about this issue somewhere on the forum. Can you lower the temperature right to the lowest, and then check if the rear vents blow out cold air, or if then also warm air.
It does blow cold air when kept at lower temperature, but the throw is not that good. May be due to this we feel it is blowing warm air. When compared to my other car, I feel the air con does not blow air at same temperature level even though both the cars are set to 23.5 . Now I've set it to 22 in Seltos
Old 18th February 2022, 21:37   #2226
Senior - BHPian

With the Seltos 1.5 Diesel being one of the early entrants to join the BS6 wagon and close to 3 years old, have a few questions for the users.
  • Would there be any DPF related issues, if the monthly driving is <1000km and primarily short drives in urban conditions?
  • Would once a quarter Italian tune-up be sufficient to keep the DPF issues at bay?

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 18th February 2022 at 21:38.
Old 18th February 2022, 22:41   #2227
BHPian

Looks like Kia has discontinued Seltos HTK+ diesel automatic variant effective tomorrow. The dealers are instructed not to accept any more bookings for these variants.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ival-28635.htm
Old 18th February 2022, 23:35   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Looks like Kia has discontinued Seltos HTK+ diesel automatic variant effective tomorrow. The dealers are instructed not to accept any more bookings for these variants.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ival-28635.htm
IMO this was the worst variant - no safety features, no Auto AC, no paddle shifters, no Sports mode, just a bare bones AT. I even wrote to Kia that they should consider launching it in HTX instead, just like they have one in Sonet.
Old 19th February 2022, 01:34   #2229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
IMO this was the worst variant - no safety features, no Auto AC, no paddle shifters, no Sports mode, just a bare bones AT. I even wrote to Kia that they should consider launching it in HTX instead, just like they have one in Sonet.
I guess it lost out to HTX IVT which offers more features and no nonsense petrol CVT at similar price point thus making it more appealing to customers,specially urban.
Old 19th February 2022, 07:01   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
I even wrote to Kia that they should consider launching it in HTX instead, just like they have one in Sonet.
I think HTX+ had a Diesel Automatic, which was also axed. Maybe I am wrong.
When I started looking at Seltos, I was floored with the features in the HTX+ and wanted a diesel automatic, though we would have to stretch the budget. Later to know, that HTX+ comes only in manual avatar for the diesel variant.
So then decided to go with the HTX IVT.
Old 19th February 2022, 10:07   #2231
Distinguished - BHPian

Seltos is rumoured to get 6 airbags as standard across all variants from next month and a Diesel IMT is going to be launched to replace the diesel auto that was discontinued from the HTK+ variant.

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12427298.html
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 16:09   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Seltos is rumoured to get 6 airbags as standard across all variants from next month and a Diesel IMT is going to be launched to replace the diesel auto that was discontinued from the HTK+ variant.

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...-12427298.html
i wish they have the option to upgrade existing seltos to six air bags. I dont mind paying the extra bucks
Old 19th February 2022, 21:00   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Seltos is rumoured to get 6 airbags as standard across all variants from next month
I guess the GNCAP testing is finally yielding some results. Kudos to Kia for taking the necessary steps to make their cars safer.

Do note that these airbags saves life only if you are belted and this goes the same for rear passengers as well. Only if all the passengers are belted up would the airbags be deployed in the event of a crash.
Old 19th February 2022, 21:11   #2234
Team-BHP Support

A good friend of mine and an enthusiast is considering HTX iVT *strictly* for city commutes. Any BHPians own or have any experience with this variant? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 19th February 2022, 21:41   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A good friend of mine and an enthusiast is considering HTX iVT *strictly* for city commutes. Any BHPians own or have any experience with this variant? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I test drove Creta CVT and the rubber band effect is really pronounced during overtakes, even the paddles did not help with the CVT noise. I could not digest this for a 20 lakh vehicle. It will be better to buy the turbo petrol or diesel auto for this price range. I went ahead and got hold of Seltos GT diesel AT. If monthly running is low, the turbo DCT variant is the best of the lot.
When I asked Kia for test drive, they send DCT turbo. I came out totally impressed and this was one of the major reasons I shifted my focus from Jeep Compass to Seltos. I did not buy the dct variant due to less mileage it offers. Increasing fuel expense is really a concern for many now a days. Diesel AT feels very matured but DCT is like a naughty kid.

At current petrol and diesel price, the cost to ride RE interceptor and Diesel Seltos is nearly the same ( even with full load )
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks