Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 20:40   #2236
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Since the ESP is the must for you, I'd suggest you to wait for HTX IMT variant, which Kia is launching soon and has safety features like ESP, TC, VSA, Hill Hold Assist, etc.
Any news around this if HTX iMT variant is coming? I wish 6 Airbags, 4 Disc Brakes, Hill Hold Control, ESP, Brake Assist and Traction Control be made standard on the Seltos like that of Carens. For such a big car, these are must have features. It will definitely improve the low Safety Rating of Seltos as well.
Old 21st February 2022, 20:48   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Any reliable info about launch of 6 airbags version of Seltos. My friend is waiting to take delivery of HTX IVT anytime now and he'd rather wait for few more days for the 6 airbag version (of course with some price increase).
Old 21st February 2022, 21:00   #2238
BHPian

Question of the day - I had booked HTK+ iMT and probably will get it by March end.
Should I go ahead with it or cancel and wait for facelift/6 airbag version ? Ofcourse this would mean more depreciated value for my existing car + increased cost for new car. Don't want to stretch budget more.
Old 21st February 2022, 21:22   #2239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Question of the day - I had booked HTK+ iMT and probably will get it by March end.
Should I go ahead with it or cancel and wait for facelift/6 airbag version ? Ofcourse this would mean more depreciated value for my existing car + increased cost for new car. Don't want to stretch budget more.
Wait till March and retain your booking serial number. If there are confirmed reports of the 6 airbag being standard equipment (currently it is a rumour) and the revised prices, you can take a call then if it's worth the wait/upgrade.
Old 21st February 2022, 21:25   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Wait till March and retain your booking serial number. If there are confirmed reports of the 6 airbag being standard equipment (currently it is a rumour) and the revised prices, you can take a call then if it's worth the wait/upgrade.
Thanks !
What would be the use of retaining this serial number?
Don't I have to cancel this booking and do a fresh booking for new model ?
Old 21st February 2022, 21:43   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !
I think you can inform your SA about your decision to wait for new model and he can still help you keep the booking while you wait. Only catch is that you don't know if and when the facelift is going to be launched. Expect some price increase of course. As far as your current car sale is concerned, I don't think it's going to impact the price you are going to get now vs couple of months down the line.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st February 2022 at 21:47.
Old 21st February 2022, 21:51   #2242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !
Only if you decide to go for the new one, you can forgo the delivery of the existing car. Even then you would remain in queue. Since you are not changing the model (Seltos) and variant (HTK+ IMT), your booking should remain valid.
Old 21st February 2022, 21:54   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
As far as your current car sale is concerned, I don't think it's going to impact the price you are going to get now vs couple of months down the line.
I think I'll go ahead with the current model - the difference in new car on road and what I'll get from old vehicle will keep on increasing. Depreciation is indeed happening fast owing to 10year diesel rule in NCR. If i have survived with Maruti vehicles since last 20 years, I think 3 star - 2 airbag Seltos will do just fine
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 00:55   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A good friend of mine and an enthusiast is considering HTX iVT *strictly* for city commutes. Any BHPians own or have any experience with this variant? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I drive a HTX IVT 2021 and I am very happy with the car. There is ample power available for sudden overtakes and the city mileage I get is around 11kmpl.

Last edited by Ranabegins : 22nd February 2022 at 00:58.
Ranabegins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 01:05   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A good friend of mine and an enthusiast is considering HTX iVT *strictly* for city commutes. Any BHPians own or have any experience with this variant? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Among all the drivetrain options in Seltos, IVT is the most suited for city driving. I've only test driven it once and found it perfect for city and this is the general feedback from IVT owners too. The other options, DCT and TC in diesel(which I own), the higher low end torque takes a bit of getting accustomed to for city driving. BS 6 diesel, exclusively for city use, is a strict no anyways.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd February 2022 at 09:29. Reason: No mention of social media based groups please. Thanks :-).
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 07:17   #2246
BHPian

Took delivery of my HTX IVT model on 20th Feb.
Have not driven a lot, maybe around 100kms, and thoroughly loving it.

Initial impressions:

- The power is enough for a sedate driving style or for city driving. You might think that 1.5 NA is under powered, but step on the gas and it will pick up speed really fast.
- The car is dead silent. NVH levels are great. I am coming from a Hyundai i20 Petrol manual model which I have driven for the past decade. That car too, was silent, but the Kia Seltos is at another level. It is only when you rev it really hard, you might hear a grunt.
- The steering wheel is light and that makes maneuvering the car in city is very easy. Have not driven it on the highway, so not sure how it weighs up on higher speeds.
- Impressed with the infotainment performance. No lag, buttery smooth.
- Bluetooth connection to the phone to play songs, was a hit and miss. Connected my and my wife's phone. After some time, we found that the name of my wife's phone had changed to some random characters. Next day, I found that I could not play music from my phone. When I tried to delete my phone to re-add it, found that the "audio connect or audio play" box was unchecked somehow. Checked it again, and music started playing.
- Also found that if we connect via Bluetooth and play music via the Amazon Music app, the app really struggles. Tried on two phones, Galaxy M51 and OnePlus 7 Pro, and on both phones the Amazon Music app was super laggy.
- Tested Android Auto, and tried to play music via Amazon music using Android Auto, and that worked fine, no issues.
- No wireless Android auto in HTX version. The lower model HTK, gets wireless Android auto, but HTX doesn't. Not sure about GTX, but I think higher models also don't get wireless Android auto.
- In mild city traffic, the car showed me a mileage of 10.3 kmpl. Later in the night, my wife took it out for a spin, with very less traffic, the car displayed a mileage of 13.3 kmpl. I know, its just 100kms, and things will change with more kms and after first couple of months.

Next course of action:
- Thinking of getting a RUPES polymer coating done.
- Ordered some microfiber cloth for cleaning the car, and USB to type C cable for Android Auto.

Here is a picture from delivery day:

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos.png

Name:  Seltos1.png
Views: 1750
Size:  467.3 KB

Quote:
I took two long test drives and then booked HTX IVT model. Took delivery on 29th Feb, and have driven around 100 kms in the city.

From above driving experience, I can say for users who have 90% city driving and 10% highway, the HTX IVT is more than enough. It has enough power on tap, and you are not left wanting for more in the city. I am yet to drive it on the highway.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd February 2022 at 07:51. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 08:06   #2247
BHPian

I just got my Petrol iMT delivered a fortnight ago. Initial impressions are very good. If your driving is around city and occasional highway , seltos is a fantastic option. IMT version is a bliss in the city. Even on the highways the car doesn’t disappoint. After years of enthusiastic driving I have turned into a sedate driver. If you are one , go for this car. Few known issues are that the rear ac vents blow hot air if AC is set to medium. Hill hold should have been provided. But again once u get used to the car, its not a big deal.
Overall fit and finish and the feel you get behind the wheel is awesome. Overall a very practical and friendly car.
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 08:28   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
Took delivery of my HTX IVT model on 20th Feb.
Have not driven a lot, maybe around 100kms, and thoroughly loving it.
Congratulations for your new ride! Wish you many happy miles with it.

Quote:
- Bluetooth connection to the phone to play songs, was a hit and miss. Connected my and my wife's phone. After some time, we found that the name of my wife's phone had changed to some random characters. Next day, I found that I could not play music from my phone. When I tried to delete my phone to re-add it, found that the "audio connect or audio play" box was unchecked somehow. Checked it again, and music started playing.
This is an Android problem. I have faced this a few times on my other car, a WagonR, which has a Sony non-touch headunit. I deleted my phone and paired it once again. Since then, it has paired just fine.

Never faced this issue on the Seltos although mine has the smaller 8" head unit. I use Amazon music 99% of the times, Gaana and YouTube occassionally. All work smooth.
Quote:
- No wireless Android auto in HTX version. The lower model HTK, gets wireless Android auto, but HTX doesn't. Not sure about GTX, but I think higher models also don't get wireless Android auto.
The 10.25" head unit doesn't support wireless connectivity. This is not just limited to HTX or Seltos, but true for Hyundai and Kia models worldwide which use this head unit.

Enjoy your car
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:35   #2249
BHPian

Just wanted to ask fellow members who own Seltos HTX or GTX models (i.e the ones with 10.25" HU), does the phone charge as well when using wired connection for Android Auto.
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:11   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
Just wanted to ask fellow members who own Seltos HTX or GTX models (i.e the ones with 10.25" HU), does the phone charge as well when using wired connection for Android Auto.
Yes, the phone does charge. I was testing Android Auto yesterday and very well remember, that my phone went from 39% to 45%, so it did charge the phone.

Most Viewed