Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2022, 06:57   #2341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Service center told the meter is calibrated for city rides and I do not agree with them, may be my vehicles console/sensor has an issue. Was this during your highway or city riding condition?
It's a mix of city and highway on most occasions, with highway having the major share. I refuel every 600-900 kms.
Old 13th May 2022, 09:45   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
How much delta do you see with the console mileage figures when compared to tank to tank method ?
My experience over last 5000 KM with tankful-to-tankful method (have been filling diesel on same pump):
Highway driving: delta of 2-3kmpl (less) compared to MID
City driving: delta of 1.5-2kmpl (less) compared to MID

I have D MT.
Old 13th May 2022, 16:17   #2343

Has anybody done test drive for 2022 Seltos? Have you felt any improvement in the suspension tuning? (Kia publicized fine tuning suspension during the 2022 model launch)
Old 16th May 2022, 18:24   #2344
BHPian

I had a rather unpleasant experience with Seltos today. The infotainment system hung up and I tried turning the car on and off couple of times. It continued playing even when I turned off the car and locked it. I tried calling their call center, which was useless to say the least. Fortunately, one of their service centre guys picked up the call and gave me jugaad solution. But there is another issue as well, all this happened after refueled the car and now MID and fuel gauge is not reflecting the same.

Is there any way to refresh these as well? Also, has it this happened to anyone else as well?
Old 18th May 2022, 01:12   #2345
1:1
BHPian

Good Year Tyre good or bad?

I got my Seltos HTX+ DAT in Jan 2020. Current ODO is at 24500 70% highway and 30% City.
Have seen many posts complaining about the tyres which came stock. In my experience up to 12k KM there were no issues at all. In fact I had posted few threads back there is nothing severely wrong with them to be changed on delivery. But after 12k mark tyres started to show signs of some trouble.

TPMS warning would show up if the pressure gets reduced below 30psi. To my observation whenever there is a puncture the air pressure would drop from 35 to 28-29psi and stays there. If the car is driven the PSI goes up again up to max 30-31 and over night it comes down to 28-29 rarely it has gone below 20 which would indicate urgent need check for any screws stuck in the tyre.

Post 12 K Mark around 1.5 years of usage, TPMS would start showing tyre pressure warnings and I have to do a top-up ever 2-3 weeks irrespective if car was used daily or just once twice a week.

Post 20K mark have noticed lesser grip with the ABS kicking in bit too early or even getting activated on the same patch of road. Currently all tyres have gone through puncture fixing bit too many fixes for my linking FR2, FL1, RL3, RR2.

As of now there is constant pressure loss across on all tyres. PSI would go down to 30psi. Post top up to 35psi (Recommended by Kia) it would stay healthy for a week or two and then fall down again.

I was discussing this issue with a fellow BHPian @iamahunter his Ecosport has same age and came with the same Goodyear Tripple Max as Seltos but different size. He suggested to check for micro puncture some tiny metal pieces or something. I have got all the tyres tested but nothing was detected as such.

Here are photos of the recent one where 2 screws were removed at a tyre repiair shop.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_7297.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_7298.jpg

If you notice screws managed to penetrate rib area of the tyre and in the groove area as well.

Prior to Seltos my main car was City which served me well for about 10 Years 1.20L km. 3 sets of tyres were used during this period (changed at roughly 50k mark) 2Michelins and last pair was Yoko Earth 1. Neither of them required the kind of upkeep which Goodyears are demanding nor did they have the frequent punctures which I am experiencing now. even at the fag end of their life.

If I go as per the tyre shop owners Good Year triple max are meant for smaller cars and not for cars of bigger size.

Need insights from fellow BHP’ns if this is normal or am I being too picky to think to get new set of tyres. Given the crazy cost of 17inch wheels. Don’t wish to spend unnecessarily.

TIA
1:1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:54   #2346

Re: Indefinite wait for a Kia Seltos DCT, no help from Kia/dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post
Now months pass, feb becomes March. I call the Sales executive. I slowly notice a change in his tone. He says there is a delay from Kia and cannot promise when the vehicle can be delivered. He calls us a couple of days later and says there is Seltos available, same model but in two different colour options. One is silver and the other is White DT. We have opted for White MT. I tell him that these are not acceptable, he says I should accept whatever colour is available. This was his exact statement. I'm not exaggerating.
Sharing a contrary experience here,

I booked a Black (Aurora Black Pearl) Seltos GTX+ Petrol DCT on 30-Oct-2021 with JSP Kia in Marathahalli, Bangalore.

By around early Feb 2022, by looking at the threads here, I realized that there are deliveries of Diesel AT within 2-3 weeks in other parts of India. Also I was on the edge with the decision on DCT, only reason I considered Petrol was due to the low usage.

So I called my SA and told him that I can take Diesel AT as well if my color was available. Within an hour he called me back saying a red Diesel AT is available. However I rejected it saying I am particular about the color. He called me back again on the next day saying Black GTX+ Diesel AT is available for immediate PDI. Bingo!

After PDI, payment and registration, I took the delivery on 5-Mar-2022. The SA who helped me all through this was very open, fairly knowledgeable, gave me all the options, did not push one over the other without a satisfactory explanation.
anoopelias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 19:39   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:1 View Post

If I go as per the tyre shop owners Good Year triple max are meant for smaller cars and not for cars of bigger size.

Need insights from fellow BHP’ns if this is normal or am I being too picky to think to get new set of tyres. Given the crazy cost of 17inch wheels. Don’t wish to spend unnecessarily.

TIA
My Seltos GTX AT diesel came with JK royale. Initially I was very upset during pre-delivery inspection and after hearing the prices for buyback before leaving the showroom I dropped my plans. It seems they are doing their job pretty well. We cannot compare the grip levels with Michelins or Continentals but after 9000 kms I feel JK's are good enough for the price. Till now I did not see high pressure loss nor any punchers and these sell for half the price of premium tyres. Just make sure to buy locally from official dealers with warranty and not from online portals. Do not forget to check the manufacturing dates before purchasing

Last edited by rahulskumar : 27th May 2022 at 19:53.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:45   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:1 View Post

TIA
Good year is not good at all; the one comes with Seltos. 1st puncture happened right rear tyre, only after 4000km of drive. It could not be fixed with regular puncture strip, so fixed it with mushroom plug. Then, I had to change them at 7000 km, in middle of Bangalore to Kolkata trip. Rear left tyre bulged and leaked near Vijayawada. Tyre shop in Vijayawada declared it unrepairable (reinforced metal wires came out from the puncture). Without an option for warranty claim due to time and location constrain or no option to tugg around a tyre with all other luggage on board; drove with stepney till Vishakhapatnam and changed all 4 there. Changed to Yoko Earth 1 (part due to availability of choice on the move, part due to price). After this, I can feel what all I was missing.

I changed to OEM spec Yoko Earth 1. It has far more grip, makes a shorter breaking distance and more confident cornering along with Seltos's stiff suspension; and you can feel the difference the instance you start driving after the Good Year. Noise reduced quite a bit. Rubber is softer than Good Year; it's apparent and gives better ride quality; Seltos with stiff suspension would appreciate this more. Used Yoko Earth 1 before in my Ritz for 40k Km and had only two punctures in 4 years use and had good driving experience. So decided to go with this.

True that Yoko Earth 1 is not the best in the market, but it is quite capable. It has its negative too, main one is clearly evident when you are going over ridge of broken or rough road. If the tyre is half on the good surface, it tends to push you towards the broken/lower side. You can feel it on steering wheel; unless you stay firm, it would try to move to a flatter surface. Though it's not that car lose grip, but this minute sidewise movement gives uncanny feeling if you are encountering for first time.

Overall I am quite happy with Yoko Earth 1 now, good one for price vs performance.

In couple of cars of my family and friend, and even my previous car came with JK tyre as OEM (used for 40k km without a single puncture in 3 years), found that better than Good Year experience I had or heard.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 28th May 2022 at 11:48.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 11:30   #2349
BHPian

Hi - Just wanted to check experience of using paddle shifters and manual shifting of gears in GTX+ petrol automatic? I have been trying to use them on and off and noticed couple of interesting facts:
1. There are not very responsive
2. Downshift is automatic
3. Upshift can only happen when the RPM crosses 2k and not otherwise(which is not a bad thing, but takes away the feeling of absolute control)
4. Up and downshifts in automatic mode vs manual mode are quite different. In automatic mode, the car automatically shifts into 7th gear in case of a constant speed, but that's physically impossible in manual mode as you can't upshift unless the RPM crosses 2k mark (read point 3).
5. There was a pleasant shift in the mileage. It increased by more than a couple of decimal points which is incredibly tough to achieve in case of automatic mode.

Would love to hear feedback of fellow members who use manual and/or paddle shifters regularly. Also, do let me know if there are any do's and don'ts while using manual and/or paddle shifters regularly.

Thanks

Last edited by youknowitbetter : 29th May 2022 at 11:32.
Old 30th May 2022, 10:05   #2350

Re: Indefinite wait for a Kia Seltos DCT, no help from Kia/dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post

couple of things I note from this episode.
1) KIA India does not give a damn to a prospective cusomer. Re routes all grievances to the dealer. I think many companies do the same. No apology email, nothing. Looks like they are high on their sales figures.
2) KIA dealerships or rather the personnel there seem to be arrogant. The sales executive's tone was if I cancel there are innumerable people waiting in line. Please dont bother, you are unimportant. I was buying the second most top variant of Seltos, and was not treated half decently by these chaps.Imagine how these guys treat someone who buys a lower variant of Sonet.
3) As a customer I have completely no idea of what is the status of my car. Is it in the plant, is it still being manufactured? No idea. I was told that nobody can jump the queue and get one, but considering there is no transparency by KIA on the status of my vehicle, I will assume someone else was given prefferential treatment at the dealership.
Almost the same experience from Epitome Kia, Yelahanka, Bangalore. Though it's not for Seltos but for Carens. Very bad dealership experience. Always they seem clueless. Hope Kia officials are taking all such feedback seriously and keep the dealership away from car allocation process and provide some transparency to the customers.
ItGuyTravel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 13:12   #2351

I wanted to bring to light a recent issue with the KIA connect application

One fine day, the application had logged me out and I wanted to login back. I remember my username and password and I tried to login to the application. It gave me an password error.

I tried to reset the password with the email/mobile/DOB details and it gave me an weird error "This information is not available".

I called up the KIA connect customer care and he asked me to drop an email to the customer care, with my details and copy of RC card, chassis number etc.

Now here comes the interesting part. KIA asked me to reset the AVNT as they were unable to connect. I did that and the issue was still not resolved. Later, I got an email from KIA asking me to register with a new EMAIL address. I was taken back. In my entire life, I have never had to register with a new email address for a simple password reset. I was wondering what kind of application have they developed.

I sent back a very NICE email back to the KIA connect email address kiaconnect@kiaindia.net and waited for couple of days to get a response. There was no response, and i desperately wanted to use the KIA connect app, so I created a new email address just for this and was able to login.

This is a weird issue and I hope that KIA corrects this problem.
Old 2nd June 2022, 12:46   #2352
BHPian

I wanted to find out the maximum mileage I could extract in the diesel auto, I tried to ride very cautiously without AC . I took MC road from TVM to Kollam, team bhpians who stay here do know the road conditions. It is hilly with plenty of ups and downs. During my usual driving within Kerala, I get around 18-24. This is including the console error of 3.5 km/l
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1615.jpg  

rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 18:57   #2353
BHPian

Anyone with ventilated seats have issue with passenger seat bottom not cooling properly? Backside cooling is good. No dust or any covers.

I bought this up to the showroom during the service and they said it is the same for all the cars and everything is good.
Old 3rd June 2022, 21:45   #2354
BHPian

Did anyone get their Seltos GTX+ D AT or HTX D AT delivered recently? Just asking because I haven't received my car yet (booked GTX+ D AT in White colour on 14th of March and was quoted a waiting period of 18 weeks during booking) and the dealer hadn't received or delivered GTX+ D AT in last two months, i.e, April and May and this is the same case with other Kia dealerships all over India. Instead, they had focused more on delivering lower variants in MT guise over top variants.

And, got to know from my SA recently that they might be getting the dispatches of GTX+ D AT this month. Not sure whether he is right or not, this is the information I got from him. But, I've seen them delivering couple of HTK+ D AT yesterday when I went to the dealership to enquire about the status of my vehicle.

BTW, I even told my SA that I'm open to downgrade to HTX D AT, which has decent set of features, but misses out on extra 2 airbags, ventilated seats, powered seats, wireless charger and front parking sensors and lastly, it costs 2.5L cheaper than GTX+ D AT.

And, I was even offered a GTX+ D AT in my preferred colour by my dealer just after 10 days of booking but had to decline the offer as we were ok with waiting for the car. But, since we had sold off our Innova more than a month ago, we are in dire need of a car and my dealer is still clueless about the dispatches of GTX+ D AT.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 07:24   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Fortunately, one of their service centre guys picked up the call and gave me jugaad solution.
What was the service centre's jugaad solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks