Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 12:07   #2356
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
I had a rather unpleasant experience with Seltos today. The infotainment system hung up and I tried turning the car on and off couple of times.
I've been facing the same issue, it's becoming increasingly frequent now. Restarts/resets do not seem to work, leaving the car off for 20+minutes is the only way to resolve this. Apart from the screen being frozen, the steering controls for the unit also stop working/lag by minutes! The worst part is that it also affects the 360degree/reverse camera - the camera feed does not show up on the screen.

Service center folks are unable to reproduce. Has someone had better luck with fixing this?

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2022 at 06:42. Reason: Spacing.
Old 6th June 2022, 12:29   #2357
BHPian

I recently took delivery of Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT, I am facing issue "No response from server" for the voice commands. Very rarely it works and catches the phrase but most of the time it doesn't work. I tried calling the kia connect helpline and also took it to the dealer. Both suggested "infotainment reset option with sim eject tool" and it seem to work a couple of times after reset but then when driven around, it falls back to "No response from server". Anyone else faced this? I know voice commands are rarely used. But since I got a new car, just want to try out fancy stuff.
Old 6th June 2022, 13:00   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
The infotainment system hung up and I tried turning the car on and off couple of times. It continued playing even when I turned off the car and locked it.
But there is another issue as well, all this happened after refueled the car and now MID and fuel gauge is not reflecting the same.

Is there any way to refresh these as well? Also, has it this happened to anyone else as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Service center folks are unable to reproduce. Has someone had better luck with fixing this?
Only happened once with me while I was on a long drive and stopped to take a small break. This happened in 2020 within six months of buying the car. If I remember correctly, these were the events caused the issue -
1. I parked the car and switched off engine; in P mode, hand break engaged
2. It was supposed to be maximum 5 minutes break, so I wanted some music to play. I put the car in accessory-on mode (engine off). Music was playing from Android auto.
3. But then I decided to leave the car, so came out with key, it gave audible warning, but by then I closed the door and locked it with key fob; while music playing inside (mobile still inside connected via AA)
4. So, now I opened the door and put the car to Off mode (had to press start/stop button with key fob as shown in MID), but infotainment system did not shut off. Found steering buttons not working/lagging, android auto not connecting properly or display lagging a lot, issue with audio between FM radio and android auto. Disconnecting mobile did not refresh screen, still showing gmaps on AA. 360° cam was also not working. Multiple restart of car did not fix it.

However, very early days there was a post (Kia Seltos : Official Review) in this thread about how to reset the infotainment system; found that and fortunately I keep a gadget box (containing spare usb cables, a sim ejection tool, sd card, card reader, OTG adapter, a swiss knife etc.) - switched off the car fully (mind that infotainment system is still on); used sim eject tool to reset the infotainment system - it shut down immediately. Gave it a minute and on powering on the car, all behaved normal. I did not face any issue with fuel gauge or reading though (I think so).

So far luckily that was the only instance it happened. :finger-crossed:

Last edited by dipdawiz : 6th June 2022 at 13:26.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 20:59   #2359
BHPian

I recently took the car for second service (Autobahn Kia Sewri) and discussed these issues with them and sat through the entire service. They were clueless why the infotainment froze and why the fuel gauge is not reading the fuel correctly. Thankfully the fuel gauge continued even until then, so to check if, they removed the battery connection and that sorted the issue which resulted in full electronic reset and rectified the issue. The service centre guy's diagnosis was that I didn't turn off the car while refueling, so when they the car was being refueled, the fuel pressure must have resulted the fuel sensor getting hit or something and it was never reset post that. Not sure, how much of it makes sense, but the issue is resolved for now. Rest of the service was quite uneventful as my running is quite low and so far only clocked 2100 odd KMs on the car so they didn't have much to do with the car.
Old 7th June 2022, 10:59   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
I recently took the car for second service (Autobahn Kia Sewri) and discussed these issues with them and sat through the entire service. They were clueless why the infotainment froze and why the fuel gauge is not reading the fuel correctly. Thankfully the fuel gauge continued even until then, so to check if, they removed the battery connection and that sorted the issue which resulted in full electronic reset and rectified the issue. The service centre guy's diagnosis was that I didn't turn off the car while refueling, so when they the car was being refueled, the fuel pressure must have resulted the fuel sensor getting hit or something and it was never reset post that. Not sure, how much of it makes sense, but the issue is resolved for now. Rest of the service was quite uneventful as my running is quite low and so far only clocked 2100 odd KMs on the car so they didn't have much to do with the car.
Yes, I also noticed issue with fuel gauge. Right after refuelling tankful, I noticed that the needle is not pointing to FULL mark and range displayed is less than ideal for full tank. This made me confused if the petrol bunk guy did actually fill the tank completely. But, after a couple of days, the needle started moving to full and also range was increased. I have a Maruti SX4, which always displays FULL immediately when tank is filled.
Old 7th June 2022, 20:55   #2361

Hello all members,

I am a newbie to TEAM-BHP family this is my first ever post here. I (me and my wife) have recently bought a KIA Seltos HTK IVT 2022 model on 18th May from JSP Kia, Bangalore. This is not an ownership review, I will be creating one it once it crosses 5k km. I just wanted to point out a issue that I am facing with the headlights.Till now I have clocked near about 800 kms.

I have observed, uneven throw of the headlamps. The low beam throw has a wider throw on the left side & a narrower throw on the right . This is very evident, especially on unlit roads. I am just wondering if it's normal. My 1st service is due in 2 weeks.

Is anybody facing this?
Old 8th June 2022, 15:37   #2362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
You need not give up your driving pleasure because your baby may get disturbed. Few points :1) go for the highest variant with 6 airbags, which in the Seltos means DCT only.
2) Panoramic sunroof is something you will get bored of pretty quickly. I have hardly used mine for more than 10 minutes in 2 years.
3) You can also drive the DCT with a light foot so as not to bother your baby. DCT is quick but need not be jerky. On the other hand, with IVT you may regret 2-3 years when you still want to get some driving pleasure. It's not a transmission that you feel you fully control, it just does its own thing mostly, albeit smoothly.
Hi - was talking to a friend who has the GTX+ DCT for the last couple of years. Also spoke to the car dealership's owner. Here are the conclusions of said discussion about the DCT and IVT:

1) You'll forget about the sunroof very soon (especially in hot and dusty cities like Delhi)
2) You'll forget about the HUD after the initial showing-off
3) If you have a driver (like I do) you don't need the HUD, 360-camera, and air-cooled seats as he'll be using these features. Also for all Seltos & Creta models with remote start you don't need air-cooled seats. Just get into the habit of pre-starting the car (or explain to your driver). Basically don't shell out the additional 3L for these features. Also the waiting on the DCT is around 8 months which is getting ridiculous.
4) As far as highway driving/pickup issues are concerned, now that the IVT has drive modes, use the Sport option for the highway and stick to Eco/Normal in the city. You could even use the paddle shifters that are now available in the IVT! That should help solve any lag/rubber-band issues. And highway driving should balance the Sport mode in terms of FE...
5) However the DCT definitely has 2 additional airbags so no argument there mate.

Cheers!
Fun fact - I was the first guy to use Cheers! as a salutation on this forum. Can anyone verify this?
Cheers again!

Last edited by Clouseau : 8th June 2022 at 15:45.
Old 8th June 2022, 20:12   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
Hi - was talking to a friend who has the GTX+ DCT for the last couple of years. Also spoke to the car dealership's owner. Here are the conclusions of said discussion about the DCT and IVT:

4) As far as highway driving/pickup issues are concerned, now that the IVT has drive modes, use the Sport option for the highway and stick to Eco/Normal in the city. You could even use the paddle shifters that are now available in the IVT! That should help solve any lag/rubber-band issues. And highway driving should balance the Sport mode in terms of FE...
Cheers!
Fun fact - I was the first guy to use Cheers! as a salutation on this forum. Can anyone verify this?
Cheers again!
My experience with CVT cars is that these modes/paddle shifts only serve to hold on to a particular rpm for a brief period. There again, you have to prepare the car for the overtake, which can be tricky in some situations. With a turbo-charged engine, once you are in the meat of the powerband, you can just scoot off without a second thought. I believe the Creta is available as a SXO in IVT which should take care of the 6 airbags.
Old 8th June 2022, 20:48   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepuSultan View Post
I (me and my wife) have recently bought a KIA Seltos HTK IVT 2022 model on 18th May from JSP Kia, Bangalore.
I assume u mean HTX IVT variant with LED headlamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepuSultan View Post
Is anybody facing this?
Yes, this is how it is configured from the factory and is completely normal. This is more noticeable with LED headlamp versions.
This is discussed in this thread.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...p-upgrade.html (The subtle yet important difference between a RHD and LHD aftermarket headlamp upgrade).

Hope this helps .

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2022 at 06:42. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Ptr11s is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 23:29   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:1 View Post
Good Year Tyre good or bad?
I hated the OEM Good Years.

1) Punctures, I have had many cars, many different tyre brands on those cars but never once have I had so many punctures. From Jan 20 to Dec 21 when I changed the tyres, my Drivvo app tells me I had a whopping 11 punctures! That's an average of 1 puncture almost every 2 months. For some perspective, I changed to Conti cross contact lx2 in Dec 21 @ 26,000 km and have driven 12,000 km now, in all types of weather and terrain haven't had one puncture (touch wood) since.

2) Road noise - esp on cement roads the stock made too much noise. Now that I can compare it against the Contis, there is a discernable difference in road noise.

Yes these are expensive but I have no regrets. If any, my only regret is not swapping them out on the day I got my car, might have gotten good value in return at least.

3) Braking has definitely become sharper, esp at highway speeds.

Absolutely no looking back, if you can go ahead and change the tyres.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2022 at 06:43. Reason: Quote trimmed. Typos.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 23:55   #2366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptr11s View Post
I assume u mean HTX IVT variant with LED headlamps.
Yes the HTX IVT variant with LED headlamps.

Thank you . I was scared, thinking there is an issue with the headlamps.

Last edited by bblost : 9th June 2022 at 00:19. Reason: quote tagfixed.
DeepuSultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 11:08   #2367
BHPian

Any impressions on the new suspension for 2022 Seltos’?
Old 9th June 2022, 12:32   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Any impressions on the new suspension for 2022 Seltos’?
I have not driven pre-2022 Seltos and took delivery of GTX+ DCT Seltos a couple of weeks back and covered about 1500kms. Suspension feels good and many speed breakers and rough roads don't get inside the cabin. I don't feel as much tired on a long drive compared to my other car Maruti SX4
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 06:13   #2369

Back after ages. After driving my Honda Amaze, manual for 10 years almost, today, I'm getting delivery of my Seltos GTX+ 7DCT.
Very excited.
anants_220 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 15:27   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I've been facing the same issue, it's becoming increasingly frequent now.
I also had this issue so I got firmware of the car updated at the service station and this issue has not occurred post that (It has been more than a year already). You should try this.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed