Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 23:24   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniprady View Post
Hi All,

We booked a Seltos HTX IVT (Black) in the first week of May with Shri Kia, Ujjain (M.P.), and were told that the waiting period will be 3-4 months. But this week itself, got calls from the SAs that the vehicle has been allotted and will arrive soon. However, both the SAs that we are in touch with are giving different stories for the early delivery. While the first SA is saying that the car has been arranged from some other dealership, the second SA is saying that the car is coming from the plant itself.

We will do a PDI before making any payments but is there any reason to be worried and pass up this car, especially since both the SAs have different stories, and no one seems to be getting delivery this soon? Also, any specific things to mind while doing the PDI? TIA.
Please check the manufacturing month and make sure it is April or later. As Kia has upgraded Seltos HTX IVT with four airbags after March so ensure that you are getting the latest model and not old stock. Other than that, you can follow the PDI checklist shared in this forum. Sorry i dont have it handy.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:41   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniprady View Post
We will do a PDI before making any payments but is there any reason to be worried and pass up this car, especially since both the SAs have different stories, and no one seems to be getting delivery this soon?
Hi,

What colour have you booked? Some colours (red and X line) tend to become available faster. I know it sounds to obvious, but apart from PDI, do confirm if you're getting your colour of choice.
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 20:18   #2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Please check the manufacturing month and make sure it is April or later. As Kia has upgraded Seltos HTX IVT with four airbags after March so ensure that you are getting the latest model and not old stock. Other than that, you can follow the PDI checklist shared in this forum. Sorry i dont have it handy.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Did the PDI today. Couldn't figure out the month, but it was the facelift and was '22 manufactured. It had 19 kms on Odo and it looked good so we are thinking of going ahead with the purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hi,

What colour have you booked? Some colours (red and X line) tend to become available faster. I know it sounds to obvious, but apart from PDI, do confirm if you're getting your colour of choice.
Hi, we booked black colour and were offered that only. Saw it today in person as well.
soniprady is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:09   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post
1) Minor rattles, i'm guessing from the rear seat/parcel tray. Cant tell where is is originating from.Will talk to the SA during the first service to check this.
Check if this is from the sunglass holder or from the instrument console. 2 known culprits.

Quote:
2) Lower back pain. ....... understand one solution is lumbar support, but have any of you faced this? If so is there a seat setting we need to change?
Maruti is spot on with their seat settings and ergonomics. Even the humble Alto K10 does not cause discomfort over long periods of sitting. With other manufacturers including VW, Ford & Kia, you need to set the seat correctly to ensure maximum comfort. Before investing in any type of external lumbar support, please refer to youtube videos on how to set up your seat for perfect driving position for no back pain. This will go a long way in getting rid of the back pain during long drives. During the early days with the Seltos I too had the same issue but found the right position which is comfortable and does not induce any back pain.

Quote:
3) Was travelling back home on a state highway and changed to Sport mode on-the-fly. Was behaving weirdly, revving very-high and staying in the same high RPM for extended periods, took long time to upshift......... Do I need to look out for something?
Sport mode is meant to hold onto to revvs till the red line & change gears as late as possible, so this is quite normal. When you say its working normal now, what exactly do you mean?

Quote:
4) The suspension is still very stiff. It crashes badly in potholes, not so great body-roll........Can somehow help me in understanding is there really a significant difference in the ride quality in the newer models, or am I over-reacting?
Stiff suspension is a given with the Seltos. Is your car shod with 18 inch wheels or 17? I have the variant with 16 inch wheels and I have changed the tyres to Continental of the same size as stock and things are much better here. If you are on 17 inch wheels and stock Goodyear tyres, then that could be the culprit too as the tyres make a whole lot of difference to ride quality which I realised when we changed tyres on a friends 9 year old Alto which had hard tyres from JK Tyres.
Old 20th June 2022, 13:47   #2390
BHPian

Quote:

2) Lower back pain.

4) The suspension is still very stiff.
Congratulations on your new car.

2. I'm 6'4 and I've done long trips on the Seltos, Hyderabad - Chennai - Hyderabad and quite a few 500 - 750 kms trips. Never had back pain. Get your seating position right.

4. Please check your tire pressure and make sure it isn't too high, newly delivered cars will usually have high pressure and make the ride bumpy. Most members here keep it around 32 - 33 psi
Old 20th June 2022, 14:50   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malim View Post
The app is now called Kia Connect, though a search for Uvo Connect should automatically redirect.
Your friend could try visiting the Play Store from a desktop browser and finding the app there. If the app is incompatible with his phone there should be a message displayed to that effect. If the message is not displayed then he can have the app marked for installation on his phone from the browser UI.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Issue is resolved.
Problem is my friend created his google account when he was residing in USA. After shifting to India he did not update the country to India so Google playstore was showing the content from USA. After changing the playstore settings to India he is able to install Kia Connect APP.
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:04   #2392
BHPian

What's the expected battery life of Seltos remote key (HTK+)?
I needed it's replacement within 6 months, twice so far after purchase. Are other members having similar observation?
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:20   #2393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I needed it's replacement within 6 months, twice so far after purchase. Are other members having similar observation?
That's very unusual. Is it the case with both of your keys? Mine are 32 months old and working fine so far.
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:21   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,my cousin who has the GTX has the same issue. Not sure what is causing it though.
I have a Creta SX but have not come across this issue.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:28   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That's very unusual. Is it the case with both of your keys? Mine are 32 months old and working fine so far.
Does your Seltos model have keyless entry? I am not sure if consistent proximity to car is causing rapid key battery drain
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:42   #2396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does your Seltos model have keyless entry? I am not sure if consistent proximity to car is causing rapid key battery drain
Yes. I have the HTK+ variant as well. Couple of pointers to add which might or might not be relevant here:

1. There's a configuration option on MID, of retracting mirrors (and unlock the doors as well?) when the key is in range. I have disabled it. I use the request button 95% of the times to unlock/lock the doors.

2. My car keys are far away from the parked car, both at home or office.

3. I have been using one set of keys since day 1. Other set remains unused.

4. I have noticed that if I keep my keys and my phone together, car doesn't detect the keys at times. I try and keep them at least a few inches apart.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd June 2022 at 14:44.
Old 23rd June 2022, 15:20   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I have the HTK+ variant as well. Couple of pointers to add which might or might not be relevant here:
Thanks for the details!

Also I came across following video which recommends internal contacts with isopropyl alcohol to prevent battery drain. Will try that as well if above things does not work out.

Old 24th June 2022, 09:57   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed that if I keep my keys and my phone together, car doesn't detect the keys at times.
From the Seltos owner's manual:
If the transmitter is in close proximity to your cell phone or smart phone, the signal from the transmitter could be blocked by normal operation of your cell phone or smart phone [...] Avoid placing the transmitter and your cell phone or smart phone in the same pants or jacket pocket and maintain adequate distance between the two devices.
What constitutes "adequate distance" is left as an exercise for the reader.
malim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 10:55   #2399
BHPian

People who are buying Seltos in the current MY22 variant, is there any news of further updates later this year, or early next year from the sales guys anywhere.

The only information or guessing statement i got from a SA at kia was, no 'facelift' to seltos will come until after ~3months of launch of Creta. (And there is no official word on creta as well)

I know no one can officially comment on this question but wanted to take a long shot asking senior people in the industry or people who are buying current seltos their feedback on the same.

P.S. - Hyundai Sales team mentioned Tucson, Ioniq and then Creta without any timeline or official commitment. (May be around Diwali'22)
Old 27th June 2022, 11:26   #2400
BHPian

I find the seat cushion on GT line to be very hard compared with my other cars. Has anyone tried seat cover? I'm more concerned due to airbag sensor present on the sides

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks