Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 10:38   #2491
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGhost View Post
How you guys are protecting the piano black interiors in seltos ?
Same concern I had, but seems very difficult to protect them. Finally decided it's better to get them replaced in few years than worrying about it.
techcoze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:00   #2492
BHPian

I have an HTK+ IMT booking. Wanted to check with owners here, how difficult it is to maintain the beige seats. Given that the new version is coming with six airbags I don't think seat cover is a possibility. Any inputs here?
icem@n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 16:06   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
With the seltos launch nearing 3 years, wanted to check with the early owners on whether there is any information on the eSIM status. Wasn't the connected features free for the first 3 yrs only? Will there be an extension on the free validity or will there be a subscription plan?

PS: Not an early owner. My car ownership has been less than 2 yrs.
I am an early owner and everytime I open the app since last month it has been prompting me to renew. When one clicks on the renew link, it takes you to a web based Kia official page where there is a drop down menu to buy a plan. Following are the options that it gives but no other information:

1. Basic Plan (1yr, 2yr, 3 yr) - 2990, 4990, 6990
2. Premium Plan (1yr, 2yr, 3 yr) - 3990, 5990, 7990

So I called the customer care today to get the details. Here is what the CC told me:

1. Both plans will give access to all connected car features + Basic National RSA

2. Both plans are optional. if you do not want the connected car features you can let it be. This will mean that the e-sim in the car would stop working and you should not even have the SOS/ RSA (the one on your IRVM).

3. The plans are tied to your VIN so they will remain active with the car even if you sell your car before the expiry

4. The difference between the Basic & Premium is only on some additional features on the RSA. Basic gives you taxi service in case of breakdown/ accident only upto 100km, while Premium gives you upto 300km. Premium additionally also gives you a one night accommodation upto 6k if the breakdown happens outside the residing city.

5. You can follow the link from your Kia connected app, choose a plan and pay online or alternatively visit showroom. The details for your car are all already filled in if you go through your app.

Hope the above helps the forum make an informed decision on renewals. I honestly was hoping that Kia would have been able to negotiate the rates a bit better from Vodafone on their plans . Seems like I will be going with the Basic 3yr plan for myself.
AGwagon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:05   #2494

I have booked a Seltos HTX+ Manual Diesel variant. It’s been more than 45 days and no updates from my dealer. Meanwhile got a call from another dealer that X Line Diesel DcT is available. Very tempting. I have sold my Polo before 30 days and it’s been real pain without a car. So how good is the Diesel DCT ? Should I wait or should I get the X Line? I know it’s a personal decision but thoughts are always welcome. Also if I go for DCT, this will be my first automatic car
Old 16th September 2022, 20:39   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGhost View Post
Meanwhile got a call from another dealer that X Line Diesel DcT is available. Very tempting. I have sold my Polo before 30 days and it’s been real pain without a car. So how good is the Diesel DCT ? Should I wait or should I get the X Line?
If you can stretch for the X-Line then nothing like it, but that matte finish paint will require extra care.

And Diesel doesn’t get a DCT, it’s 6spd MT / 6spd iMT / 6 spd Torque Converter AT.

Unless it’s a Petrol DCT.

Seltos’ (Creta/Carens/Sonet) Diesel 6spd AT is one of the best gearbox and engine combinations available in the market currently, in terms of transmission reliability, performance and fuel efficiency.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th September 2022 at 20:42.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:52   #2496

Quote:
Originally Posted by icem@n View Post
I have an HTK+ IMT booking. Wanted to check with owners here, how difficult it is to maintain the beige seats. Given that the new version is coming with six airbags I don't think seat cover is a possibility. Any inputs here?
First of all congrats on your booking. Seltos HTK+ IMT comes with premium fabric beige seats which are basically better quality fabric seats. Being beige in colour, it is indeed a bit hard to maintain. I have been following a 6 month complete interior cleaning service which has helped me in maintaining the seats in almost brand new condition and removing small stains. I would any-day prefer these over those art leather seats.

Also wrt to your PM, as i don't have PM privileges hence replying to it below :
My car has been performing flawlessly from the day1. Just came back from a 3day weekend drive. With regards to the mileage, city bumper to bumper traffic returns 10kmpl, normal city traffic gives 12kmpl whereas highway runs give 15-16kmpl depending on the load and speed. Engine noise is slightly audible above 2500rpm which can be masked by a bit high music. My only gripe with the car is the brake which judders when one applies brake on even a slight uneven surface albeit no compromise in braking. This vibration can be felt on the brake pedal during such situations. I have to get this checked during my 1-year service. Suspension is still on the harder side but i have got used to it. All functions in ICE works like charm. Headlight performance are ok for city drive but may need upgradation if one travels frequently in night, though I haven't the felt the need of it till now even during my night highway driving. With the addition of the 6 airbags, i believe that HTK+ variant is the most VFM. Hoping the dealer keeps to his words and you get your car early Oct. Do let me know if you have any further queries.
navigator_ravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 01:01   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator_ravi View Post
First of all congrats on your booking. Seltos HTK+ IMT comes with premium fabric beige seats which are basically better quality fabric seats. Being beige in colour, it is indeed a bit hard to maintain. I have been following a 6 month complete interior cleaning service which has helped me in maintaining the seats in almost brand new condition and removing small stains. I would any-day prefer these over those art leather seats.

Thanks navigator_ravi.

Also addition of 6 airbags, Hill hold and all discs makes it a good option albeit the increased price.
Old 20th September 2022, 12:22   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejay View Post

While choosing my Diesel car little did I know about the importance of a magic fluid called DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) and a process called SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and its most critical function in Diesel cars with the advent of BS VI emission norms. Add to that the substandard BS IV or below fuel that is being sold in the Fuel stations all over India. These two things contribute to the lack of practicality of owning a Diesel car in India (sub 2.0L engine).

So I paid the price for it as all the hazard lamps in my car started blinking because the BS IV fuel got clogged in the filters of my BS VI Diesel car. The solution offered at the KIA service station was even more bizarre. They told me to drive the car for 2-3 hours over 3000 rpm

Nevertheless, the issue was resolved but I understood that this was a problem that is gonna keep coming back to me. It defeats my intelligence that why was a provision for SCR and DEF not provided for sub 2.0L cars in India. For the uninitiated, let me explain: The function of SCR and DEF is to dissolve the dirty gases, NOx, and particles that are released through the exhaust. In India, only vehicles that are 2.0L engine and above have a provision for SCR and DEF.

So I end up with a 1.5L Diesel car with no provision for SCR/DEF which is a horrible situation. So if you are planning to buy a Diesel car in India, please go for a one with 2.0L engine or above. I invite all my fellow 1.5L Diesel car owner pals to come share with me your grief or advice to handle this situation.

I understand your frustration but that's not how it works. SCR and DEF is not added for the benefit of your car. It is there only to reduce emissions further. The bigger the engine, the more pollution it causes, hence why they are mandatory for engines that are 2000cc and above in displacement.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-pasted_scrgraphicv3nocaption_website_opt8-copy.png

As you can see, the diesel particulate filter (DPF) sits before the DEF and SCR. Whatever is added downstream of the exhaust flow makes no difference other than maybe a bit of backpressure. Your diesel particulate filter can get clogged irrespective of whether your car has SCR and DEF. Driving only for short distances or in stop and go traffic where your engine isn't allowed to get up to operating temperature and higher RPMs is what causes the DPF to clog up. The normal way to clear it is to use the car for what it is meant to do, long trips on highways where the exhaust velocity is higher and it gets hot enough to burn away the soot clogging your DPF.

BS6 fuel is produced in India on the refinery level. Shady fuel pumps might adulter the fuel but there is no BS3 or BS4 fuel available anymore according to my knowledge

Last edited by Cresterk : 20th September 2022 at 12:27.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 13:04   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icem@n View Post
Beige seats looks quite elegant IMHO specially on darker colored cars. Its a big pain to maintain the beige color. They really show up if not cleaned.

Although i have made peace with that. Solution - 3M interior dresser and 1 hour morning session once in a month gets my cars beige interior mint till now even after 10 years.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 13:15   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Beige seats looks quite elegant IMHO specially on darker colored cars. Its a big pain to maintain the beige color. They really show up if not cleaned.

Although i have made peace with that. Solution - 3M interior dresser and 1 hour morning session once in a month gets my cars beige interior mint till now even after 10 years.
@UD17 Thanks for your input.. Will strictly follow the same.

I am expecting delivery in Oct 1st week, as per dealer the car has been dispatched from factory and on the way!
icem@n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 15:21   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakJel View Post
Hello,

In the past 5 months of owning carens, prestige variant, twice I have faced the issue when the Audio screen was not responding and it was blank. Even when I was putting to reverse gear, the camera was not showing, I had to switch off the car and switched on and it was working fine. Has anyone else faced anything similar.

Cheers......
Yes, this has happened with me also twice in my 8 months of ownership. Once, even restarting did not fix it. I had to turn off and wait for a few minutes, then started it and everything was back working.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 15:34   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertrj View Post
Hello guys. I have a Seltos HTX diesel. The visibility at night is really poor. I would like to ask the members here about the best way to improve the headlight visibility at night.
I have a Seltos HTX IVT Petrol, and the visibility is horrible at night, especially when its raining and you have cars driving from opposite direction. Sometimes, I feel like driving solely on my judgement.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:16   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

Hope the above helps the forum make an informed decision on renewals. I honestly was hoping that Kia would have been able to negotiate the rates a bit better from Vodafone on their plans . Seems like I will be going with the Basic 3yr plan for myself.
Couple of months back, while taking delivery of my friends Seltos, I asked the same and SA said it would be in the range of 9~10k (duration unknown to him) and wondered who would renew with current available features, as according to me apart from RSA and trip log there is nothing very useful. In last two years, I used the remote control functions some 4-5 times and couple of times start/cooling the car using key fob is used instead. Found most of the time if parked in basement or in highways - remote control or vehicle status not shown or updated. And RSA also would be useless, thanks to Vodafone connection. It hardly gets connected and fails to update with details when you are on highway. Similarly vehicle trip logs also of no use as you do not get actual details many times. Noticed almost 100~200km missing trip details in many occasions out of 500~600km trips, happened in every trip on NH 48, 44, 16, 50, 52.

Thankfully it costs less than what I heard, still its not lucrative enough given the issues. Unless they move out of Vodafone and gets Airtel or Jio, this service would be patchy on the highways, even in some cities.
Old 20th September 2022, 17:41   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Couple of months back, while taking delivery of my friends Seltos, I asked the same and SA said it would be in the range of 9~10k (duration unknown to him) and wondered who would renew with current available features, as according to me apart from RSA and trip log there is nothing very useful. In last two years, I used the remote control functions some 4-5 times and couple of times start/cooling the car using key fob is used instead. Found most of the time if parked in basement or in highways - remote control or vehicle status not shown or updated. And RSA also would be useless, thanks to Vodafone connection. It hardly gets connected and fails to update with details when you are on highway. Similarly vehicle trip logs also of no use as you do not get actual details many times. Noticed almost 100~200km missing trip details in many occasions out of 500~600km trips, happened in every trip on NH 48, 44, 16, 50, 52.

Thankfully it costs less than what I heard, still its not lucrative enough given the issues. Unless they move out of Vodafone and gets Airtel or Jio, this service would be patchy on the highways, even in some cities.
While I also hardly use it other than remote lock /unlock the car from my phone for my cleaner and to sometimes keep tab on my driver, the sheer peace of mind knowing that I can possibly locate my car (in cases of theft, if they are not smart enough to kill this system first) and sometimes to be able to check on the car randomly may be once in months is reason enough for me to continue with this service.

However, I do feel if switchng to a Jio or Airtel is possible then Kia should seriously consider that or give that option to the customer atleast.
Old 20th September 2022, 21:13   #2505
BHPian

I have booked HTK+ iMT diesel couple of weeks back. Two things I am not satisfied in this model: the alloys (I find them terrible looking) and the lack of auto dimming IRVM. Alloys I will have to live with as I do not have much choice. IRVM is something I think I can fix aftermarket. Has any of the Seltos owners done it?
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks