Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 22:19   #2626
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
The pads they did tell me had a life of 4-5k km easy,
Just FYI, I was told my pads would last another 5k kms when my ODO was at 34.5k. I asked them to change it then and there but they said it will last until next service and shrugged it off (Bhubaneswar service centre). During my last two service at Bangalore, they clearly said that the pads still have a lot of life left. So the Bhubaneswar guy was wrong in his estimation.

I get it that you wanted to play safe given the long trip ahead.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 22:26   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Just FYI, I was told my pads would last another 5k kms when my ODO was at 34.5k. I asked them to change it then and there but they said it will last until next service and shrugged it off (Bhubaneswar service centre). During my last two service at Bangalore, they clearly said that the pads still have a lot of life left. So the Bhubaneswar guy was wrong in his estimation.

I get it that you wanted to play safe given the long trip ahead.
Spot on about the long trip + I had two other reasons.

1) in my earlier Verna, the same happened, was constantly told there is life in the pads and didn't change it but it slowly wore down to the point that in an emergency braking situation I had a scary moment. Since then I subconsciously change my brake pads with some life left in them.

2) I DETEST my Mumbai kia service guys, absolutely unprofessional and lethargic, while on the contrary the Kun kia guys in Chennai are rockstars, and would be taking the car back to Chennai only next Dec, will easily add 8-10 k km by then, figured....let's just change it.
Stribog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 11:12   #2628
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have a query. I own a year old petrol GTX+ DCT Seltos. I have a very low running of about 60 kms a week wherein its 12 km a day (i.e. weekday). I prefer taking cabs for weekend commute and my highway run is limited to annual Pune trip. So far the car has only run 3950 kms. I was reading the manual and it said if the usage of the car is very limited and as part of daily run, the car does not run more than 10kms one way, then I have to be extra careful my servicing and the service centres have to look at the car more closely. Kia Autobahn guys are clueless about it. I myself went for the 6 month/2nd service and 12 month/3rd service and stayed there the entire time checking with them about these points, but like I mentioned, they were clueless.

Let me know what all should I be careful about. I am slowly trying to increase my usage of the car, but Bombay traffic and parking hassle dissuades me. I am not looking to get a driver anytime soon, if I get one, then hopefully the cabs rides will be replaced with Seltos. Thanks in advance.
youknowitbetter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:39   #2629
BHPian

Looks like the Facelift for Seltos 2023 was a no show at Autoexpo 2023. Any idea when it might be launched & should we wait for it?

I currently have a Seltos HTX IVT booking, with delivery in a month or two probably & contemplating if should wait for the newer version. Confused.
Old 20th January 2023, 16:17   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Looks like the Facelift for Seltos 2023 was a no show at Autoexpo 2023. Any idea when it might be launched & should we wait for it?

I currently have a Seltos HTX IVT booking, with delivery in a month or two probably & contemplating if should wait for the newer version. Confused.
I don't think newer version coming anytime soon, I went to dealership today to buy some accessories, they said they don't have any update about newer version. They are happily selling the current version
Old 20th January 2023, 18:18   #2631
BHPian

Similar stuff from KIA Capital @Perungudi. The sales team has no updates/news on the 2023 Seltos or they are tight lipped to slip out the existing stocks.
Old 21st January 2023, 12:49   #2632
BHPian

I had a shocking experience recently in my Seltos GTX DCT Plus. It was a kuccha road with lot of undulations, when I suddenly braked and then left the brake, car started accelerating without any input from me. I somehow managed to slam on the brakes and slowdown the car. Has anybody else faced it with their Seltos?
Old 21st January 2023, 14:44   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I had a shocking experience recently in my Seltos GTX DCT Plus. It was a kuccha road with lot of undulations, when I suddenly braked and then left the brake, car started accelerating without any input from me. I somehow managed to slam on the brakes and slowdown the car. Has anybody else faced it with their Seltos?
That seems very odd & dangerous in certain situations... Did you get it checked at the service center by any chance?
Old 21st January 2023, 19:50   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
That seems very odd & dangerous in certain situations... Did you get it checked at the service center by any chance?
No, it never happened again. So, I wasn't sure what to tell.

In fact, on another thread, somebody has mentioned about a similar experience with their Creta.

Last edited by civic-dk : 21st January 2023 at 19:54. Reason: Wanted to add more information.
Old 21st January 2023, 21:20   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post

Happened with me today, but I had kept the cruise control on, and had to slow down for a few seconds, the CC didn't disengage, because the braking was too short or within the threshold.

Since you were on a kuccha road, I am guessing you were driving slow and maybe the DCT was in 1st gear.
Did the car crawl forward or zoom forward?
Old 21st January 2023, 21:49   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Happened with me today, but I had kept the cruise control on, and had to slow down for a few seconds, the CC didn't disengage, because the braking was too short or within the threshold.

Since you were on a kuccha road, I am guessing you were driving slow and maybe the DCT was in 1st gear.
Did the car crawl forward or zoom forward?
It felt like it was zooming forward.
Old 26th January 2023, 01:25   #2637
BHPian

Hello everyone,

A few days ago my friend gave his seltos for the 13th service (current odo 1,10,xxx kms) he complained to his SA about the well-known stiff suspension issue, but after checking the car SA told us that there was no leakage from the dampers and even if there was any sort of leakage, dampers do not come under extended warranty.

My friend decided to get the rear dampers changed out of his pocket and told the SA to go ahead and get them changed anyways. Later we got to know they only have a single piece available with a post-04/22 manufacturing date other one was manufactured on 01/22 so we stopped getting them installed in the car.

We inquired about this in nearby Kia service centres and found out that one centre has a freshly manufactured set available. We rushed to the said service centre and explained our problem directly to the service manager as it was almost their closing time, the management team understood our situation and took the car straight to their service bay & within 20 mins we got our car back with new rear dampers installed, took a small TD and instantly we could feel the day and night difference in comfort. We also got to know that both sides' bump stops are worn out and needed to be replaced but they weren't in stock, the total bill came to around Rs.7100/-

Anyone who's looking for a more comfortable ride in their seltos, I'll recommend getting the dampers changed to newly manufactured ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230122181834.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230122182304.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230122181912.jpg  

NA-driver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 07:55   #2638
BHPian

I just got a "Carsifi" AA wireless converter dongle.

Been using it for 10 days and works like an absolute charm. The connection is seamless, no drops (froze just once) and audio quality is good.

The Amazon US link is below if you are interested.

https://carsifi.com/?variant=3688356...MaAvkPEALw_wcB
Stribog is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 19:11   #2639
avk
BHPian

In order to get rear view camera in always on mode while driving in GTX+, how to navigate to the respective settings to enable it?
Old 29th January 2023, 17:41   #2640
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
In order to get rear view camera in always on mode while driving in GTX+, how to navigate to the respective settings to enable it?
Overlooked the toggle button below the front passenger seat ventilation button which enables it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks