Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 22:51   #286

Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hi everyone, I have booked HTK petrol, and waiting for delivery this month. I wanted to know if rear parcel tray is available as an accessory. While booking, the sales guy mentioned that it would cost 17k. Today when I called to enquire about it, he said he doesn't know if it will be available any time soon.
My folks are adamant about the tray. Please suggest alternatives.
Old 16th January 2020, 23:31   #287
BANNED

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth View Post
Hi everyone, I have booked HTK petrol, and waiting for delivery this month. I wanted to know if rear parcel tray is available as an accessory. While booking, the sales guy mentioned that it would cost 17k.
Check this post.

PM the BHPian and get the information from him and contact his SA so he can help you out with the parcel tray install.

Won't be cheap (read cost wise) to this modification as both the side panels in the boot need to be changed for the tray to fit.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th January 2020 at 23:32.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 00:04   #288

Hi DKSV,
Thanks for this info. Thanks, A4anurag for pointing me to this.
Dear DKSV, VST Kia Yeshwantpur does not know about this. Where did you get it done? I will be receiving my HTK by the end of this month and would appreciate your help.
Srikanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I had requested my dealer 2 months ago to place an order as soon as they know the part details. You too can get your dealer order the parts 1 thru 4 from the below list and get them installed prior delivery. A small labour fee was charged for me.

I meant cheap price considering these huge panels also getting replaced.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2020 at 09:15. Reason: Fixed broken quotes
Old 17th January 2020, 06:43   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get it done? I will be receiving my HTK by the end of this month, and would appreciate your help.
Your dealer should be able to order the parts mentioned in this post (Kia Seltos : Official Review). If they can't, you can check with Advaith KIA on Lalbagh main road. They'll help.

Please add 28% GST to the costs mentioned in my earlier post, I seemed to have missed it.

Also be aware of the costs, I've read in FB posts that in cities having only 1 ASC (mostly tier 2) the dealers are fleecing customers by charging a premium for the most sought-after parts like the GT line alloys & parcel-trays stating long order backlog and they could source parts only if a premium is paid. Shouldn't happen to you in Bangalore, but just saying because you mention 17k.

P.S: For parts, always check with the SC and not your usual sales guy.

OT: I'll be in Advaith today to get my brakes checked. If you happen to visit, look for a Steel Silver with magnetic sunshades.

Last edited by dksv : 17th January 2020 at 06:53.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 09:27   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sre View Post
Firstly kudos to the team for the wonderful review.I would like to write my experience with the 1.5 HTX IVT Petrol
Another issue that I have is that there is an irritating reminder to shift the gear to P when you switch off the engine. I am used to switching off the engine in long signals (too much of PCRA ad watching perhaps). I think it is not possible to start the vehicle unless it is in P (haven't tried it). To make it worse, you have to make sure that your foot is of the brake pedal when you want to turn on only the accessory (required to run the blower if you are waiting inside the car in a signal) and not start the engine. Anyways it has made it difficult for me to stop the engine in long traffic waits and I end up letting the engine run in most cases and add to India's trade deficit

White interiors : Makes the cabin roomy but I gets soiled very easily.
White Interiors are a mess, mine has now done around 6k kms and they are no longer pristine. The seat base at the edges are already become dirty!

To keep the car in accessory on a red light without having to circle back the whole brake and 2 presses of the start-stop button, an easier walk around is:
When you come to a red light slot to N and press start-stop, which will bring you directly to the accessory mode, wherein then you can either leave the car there or slot to P. When then the signal turns green, simply press Brake and start-stop on P and move ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
On my GTX+ DCT, in addition to the shift to P sign, even if I do shift to P and continue using the Infotainment system, after a minute it says that the battery is draining and to be able to continue to use the system, I should power the car on. I felt it is very ridiculous. If I am waiting to pick my wife up and it's going to take 5-10 mins, I have to either keep the car engine on, or I have to sit idle without using the Infotainment system. Is this a common feature now? I had a manual Polo earlier, and could use the music system for as much time as I wanted without switching the car on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
A weird issue I just observed, thoughts and advice would help.

I have the HTX+ (if that's important), and car mirrors would auto open on unlocking and auto fold on locking.

This doesn't happen anymore.

I haven't changed any settings but it just stopped.

How do I fix this, via the ICE that is. Or is it something I need to take the car to service center?
Just check if the options in the Vehicle Settings>Convenience of the ICE menu have been checked. If not andif this problem persists, you should take it the service station.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 10:09   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your dealer should be able to order the parts mentioned in this
Also be aware of the costs, I've read in FB posts that in cities having only 1 ASC (mostly tier 2) the dealers are fleecing customers by charging a premium for the most sought-after parts like the GT line alloys & parcel-trays stating long order backlog and they could source parts only if a premium is paid. Shouldn't happen to you in Bangalore, but just saying because you mention 17k.
Agree. Please ask for the official price list for these, get them fitted only at the service center and with a genuine GST receipt. I remember when I bought my facelifted Creta 1.6 E+ petrol, it did not have the LED DRL + fogs fitting in the bumper. I pushed my SA hard that I would not take delivery unless he got the OEM Hyundai accessory, which he initially said not possible and gave myriad silly reasons.

Finally, I said I would cancel my booking and he quickly relented. The net cost was 7.5K if I remember correctly and was a totally OEM accessory with plug-n-play fitting done by their workshop guys. It makes my lowly E+ look like a SX .
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-creta-drl.jpeg  

itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 12:19   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
This shouldn't happen. It appears to be a system fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
ABS can only cause vibration feedback into the brake pedal in some cases. It cannot and must not cause a difference in brake pedal pressure requirements.

This seems like a mechanical issue to me and a risky one. Please visit the ASC soon and get it checked. Brake pedals are generally boosted. So check the brake fluid reservoir. Ask them to check the brake master and slave cylinders. Have you seen any leaked fluid spots under your usual parking slot? Good to know that you were able to quickly react and avoid any further consequences.
Thank you for the pointers.

I got it investigated at the ASC today - these parts were checked, a diagnostic scanning was run and the car was also test driven. Fortunately, everything was found in order.

The service engineer said that in petrol cars with ABS two things could cause such abrupt brake pedal hardness -

1. When the engine is on the edge of stalling, because not enough air can be drawn from it to create the vacuum.
2. If the brake pedal is "pumped" when ABS is active, because the system is designed to prevent this action.

He thinks that I must have lifted my foot off the brake pedal when the ABS was active and then tried to press it hard when I realized I wanted to stop. This action must have been identified by the ABS system as "brake pumping" and it therefore has hardened the pedal.

Seems like a plausible explanation. I might have done what he says. But it surprises me that even one lift-off and press is being considered as pumping, triggering such behaviour. A small learning for me to be wary of this system.

He also confirmed that ABS can activate at any speed, including when crawling uphill.

Finally, in the event of a braking emergency/brake fail under low speeds, he recommends to use the hand brake.

Last edited by dksv : 17th January 2020 at 12:25.
Old 18th January 2020, 08:19   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
As far as ICE is concerned, I remember seeing only 2 options. One is to unfold on opening the door and second is to unfold on approaching the car with the keys.
I don't remember seeing an option to Not fold/unfold at all. Maybe others can throw some light on this.
I did check and uncheck it on the ICE and it started working. Some glitch I think. I did do it before this post also but it didn't work. After 24 hrs I tried again and it got fixed.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 10:11   #294
BHPian

Quite an easy car to drive and it left me quite impressed. The D+AT "TC" gave the best mix of carefree driving and sporty mannerism. Kind of like the Jack of all trades and I just love that in a car.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 12:33   #295

Dear DKSV,
I forwarded the parts list to SC (even he was unaware, or pretended so), he will get back to me. If he doesn't then I will have to get it done in Advaith Kia. Thanks.
One more thing: was the basic kit forced on you?

Quote:
Your dealer should be able to order the parts mentioned in this post (Kia Seltos : Official Review). If they can't, you can check with Advaith KIA on Lalbagh main road. They'll help.

Please add 28% GST to the costs mentioned in my earlier post, I seemed to have missed it..

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th January 2020 at 12:59. Reason: Fixed quote tags and typos.
Old 18th January 2020, 13:01   #296
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing- was the basic kit forced on you?
It wasn't forced, I choose which ones I wanted and paid only for those.

OT: Yesterday, I got my Extended Warranty certificate. Its just a 2-pager, one sheet with the vehicle details and another with the T&C. I don't remember anyone posting the EW T&C. So here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended Warranty Detail Certification Report T&C.pdf (43.8 KB, 929 views)

Last edited by dksv : 18th January 2020 at 13:03.
Old 18th January 2020, 21:38   #297

Quote:
It wasn't forced, I choose which ones I wanted and paid only for those.

OT: Yesterday, I got my Extended Warranty certificate. Its just a 2-pager, one sheet with the vehicle details and another with the T&C. I don't remember anyone posting the EW T&C. So here it is.
On extended warranty, I got a letter from dealer. Should that be from Kia ?
Old 19th January 2020, 11:33   #298
BHPian

Re: My experience with 1.5L HTX IVT

Quote:
On my GTX+ DCT, in addition to the shift to P sign,
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In this age where electronics used in the car are high and more dependent,
Quote:
Thank you. My car displays the exact same message. .
Pressing the start/stop button without depressing the brake pedal will take the car into accessory mode. In this mode, you should be able to use the infotainment system for a longer time.
aarvee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 12:11   #299
BANNED

Re: My experience with 1.5L HTX IVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Pressing the start/stop button without depressing the brake pedal will take the car into accessory mode. In this mode, you should be able to use the infotainment system for a longer time.
Even in this mode, the warning chimes are heard every 5 minutes or so. If the car is new, used everyday, then the battery may not degrade fast if one uses the stereo in 'Accessory (ACC)' mode.
Old 19th January 2020, 14:40   #300
BHPian

Whoever has DCT, did you guys got the software updated for DCT heating issue as Kia suggested though you might not have seen the issue per say?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 10:11. Reason: Fixed typo.

Most Viewed