Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:32   #331
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not check the spare wheel in the boot?!

I know the spare is of a different size altogether than the four mounted but should give a rough idea.
I checked the spare wheel and the dates were mentioned there. Now need to get under and check the 17"s.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200122_071557__01.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2020, 08:37   #332
Senior - BHPian

I think the Floor mounted rear A/c vents for UV's is an engineering flaw and a namesake feature. Due to the boot being inside the cabin there is just too much of greenhouse for the rear A/C vents to be effective.

On the other hand, i have never heard of people complaining about ineffective A/C vents when they are roof or pillar mounted like Ertiga, XUV or other 7 seaters.

So, i am thinking the a/c vents is not just a Seltos issue, but it should be common across Creta, a few other CSUV's and sedans with large cabin.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:01   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

So, i am thinking the a/c vents is not just a Seltos issue, but it should be common across Creta, a few other CSUV's and sedans with large cabin.
One would think that floor ones would be better insulated because of its distance from heated metal surfaces.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:10   #334

Hi BHPians. Does anyone here know about any third party independent agency which has expert knowledge about motor vehicle workings and can drive my car and give me an authentic report about various findings during the drive. I want to get my Kia Seltos HTK+ petrol examined in detail by an independent agency as Kia is not willing to accept the issues I am facing currently and detailed in my earlier post.
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:40   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDidoLK View Post
Hi BHPians. Does anyone here know about any third party independent agency which has expert knowledge about motor vehicle workings and can drive my car and give me an authentic report about various findings during the drive. I want to get my Kia Seltos HTK+ petrol examined in detail by an independent agency as Kia is not willing to accept the issues I am facing currently and detailed in my earlier post.
Since the last reply to your post here (Kia Seltos : Official Review), I've driven and checked the things that I said I would. I'm not facing the steering screeching sound despite it was removed and put back. You have to get yours checked for sure. Regarding the sounds when I move the car down an incline, I hear only the ABS sound and is mild. If you're observing anything beyond that, it might be an issue.

One suggestion is to get your car to a different dealer and report the same issues and see what they have to say.

With regards to a detailed examination, it might sound ridiculous but you can get the car inspected by Cars24. They charge Rs.299 for complete inspection at home and about 500 bucks (not 100% sure) for a printed report.

From my personal experience the guys are trained well and some of them can really catch things that normally would go unnoticed by many. Let them first do their job and if they fail to identify the problems that you're facing, ask them explicitly to re-check the issues to know their opinion.

Although these are not expert mechanics, they've got a rich experience just by inspecting the loads of cars that Cars24 deals with on a daily basis.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:03   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Yes, that is the standard format, yet somehow it is not mentioned on my tyres. That section is left blank
I am yet to check the inner walls of the tyre. Trying to figure out how to do it without lifting the car with a jack or removing the tyre completely out of the hub

Anyone out here who has got the manufacturing code mentioned on their Goodyear tyres in the same section or are we all in the same boat ?
One simple and practical way is to take the car into a well illuminated place or use mobile torch and use a hand held mirror under the car facing the inner wall of the tyre. Ofcourse the image you see will be mirror imaged which you can easily decode !!
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:59   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
While I was in Bangalore in my way back from office (I have a long drive to office and back, 52 Kms up and down), I noticed that the car is a bit hot, as the day itself was a bit hot. I kept my hand in the rear AC and noticed that it is blowing hot air and the temperature in the car was 24 Degrees, I use my hand in the front vent it is cool air. I immediately connected to UVO from the car, but they say they cant help but call service. I called the service head in Naara, and he says that is a known issue. As per him the AC unit is above the silencer and it heats up so we would need the temperature to always set below 20 degrees. Yes, and I keep the temperature to 19 to 20 the rear unit starts blowing cool air, but then the front part of the car gets chilled up. I prefer keeping the AC around 23-24 degrees in Bangalore. Could fellow BHPians advise on this whether you guys are also facing similar issue. Or is it advised to write to KIA, as service centre has already given a thumbs down to this issue.
This is a serious concern and problem with design raised first time. It is going to seriously impact the sales of Seltos. No one has indicated if Kia has worked on fixing it or not. This one problem takes precedence over all other positive design element. I would definitely cancel my booking if this problem is not fixed.
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:27   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
One would think that floor ones would be better insulated because of its distance from heated metal surfaces.
+1. It is, but due to the space constraint I assume the sweep area is very much lesser in comparison to the roof mounted A/C's which could potentially abate its efficiency. But, I am not sure on which cars have only blowers and which ones have cooling coil+condenser+blower arrangement for the floor mounted vents.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:06   #339
BHPian

Its not going to impact the sales of the Kia, since no one notices it during test drives. Its a design issue, and I'm not they are aware of it but didn't have the time to fix it as it'll involve a major redesign.
krish3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:12   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
+1 I agree with you but maybe the pipe/hose has a smaller size to it which would mean less airflow. One has to open the thing up and see but I think the flow is similar to that of Creta meaning same parts are used.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:31   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
I think the recommendation is that while closing the bonnet just keep the lid approx 10 cm above the closing position and allow it to fall freely with gravity and it will get locked correctly and since Seltos bonnet is much heavier than many cars I am sure if it doesn’t work this way definitely there is a lock issue. Are you using this method?

Yes i did try the same. When i took the delivery of my car i asked my SA to check it on the display cars and it would close just fine like other cars. Mine had an issue.
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:36   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
This is a serious concern and problem with design raised first time. It is going to seriously impact the sales of Seltos. No one has indicated if Kia has worked on fixing it or not. This one problem takes precedence over all other positive design element. I would definitely cancel my booking if this problem is not fixed.
I have raised this concern as email over to KIA and I would keep this group posted on the updates i receive.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:41   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Since the last reply to your post here (Kia Seltos : Official Review), I've driven and checked the things that I said I would. I'm not facing the steering screeching sound despite it was removed and put back. You have to get yours checked for sure. Regarding the sounds when I move the car down an incline, I hear only the ABS sound and is mild. If you're observing anything beyond that, it might be an issue.

One suggestion is to get your car to a different dealer and report the same issues and see what they have to say.

With regards to a detailed examination, it might sound ridiculous but you can get the car inspected by Cars24. They charge Rs.299 for complete inspection at home and about 500 bucks (not 100% sure) for a printed report.

From my personal experience the guys are trained well and some of them can really catch things that normally would go unnoticed by many. Let them first do their job and if they fail to identify the problems that you're facing, ask them explicitly to re-check the issues to know their opinion.

Although these are not expert mechanics, they've got a rich experience just by inspecting the loads of cars that Cars24 deals with on a daily basis.

+1 to that. The cars24 guy picked up an issue with my SX4 D's engine mount. We took the car to a service center and the same was checked and needed replacement. Quickly got it changed. I guess there are three mounts or so and he accurately identified the bad one.

FidoDidoLK's issue, the rear ac vent issue cropping up along with brake issues being reported. Ill be keenly following this thread to see how Kia is dealing with the complaint if it is found unsatisfactory then Ill be cancelling my booking again. I have been bugging my sales advisor on a daily basis for my allotment, I guess it is time to stop doing that.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 21:10   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
One simple and practical way is to take the car into a well illuminated place or use mobile torch and use a hand held mirror under the car facing the inner wall of the tyre. Ofcourse the image you see will be mirror imaged which you can easily decode !!
I crawled my way in from below the car and found the dates to be mentioned on the inner wall. This is all the more confusing now. On the 17" Goodyear, it is mentioned in the inner wall and on the spare 16" Goodyear, it is mentioned on the outside wall. Don't they follow a standard format ?
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 21:26   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I crawled my way in from below the car and found the dates to be mentioned on the inner wall. This is all the more confusing now. On the 17" Goodyear, it is mentioned in the inner wall and on the spare 16" Goodyear, it is mentioned on the outside wall. Don't they follow a standard format ?
I thought these are bidirectional tyres and you can have inner and out walls interchanged, hence it is ok to have a tyre fitted either way. However inner and outer walls make real sense in case of uni directional tyres where it cannot be used the other way around. Am I missing anything here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks