Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2020, 10:46   #361
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
@Salnv, this issue I have noticed generally happens mostly when the car is driven for a long time. Specially in Bangalore it is not much evident in the morning time, but if the car is driven for a long time or in the evening, then you can notice it is blowing hot air. I will try checking with a thermometer next time.
I see. Let me check this on the next long trip. However I already completed 4 long trips but never got this into our attention ( btw I always keep temp at 22 though )
Old 26th January 2020, 13:31   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
@Salnv, this issue I have noticed generally happens mostly when the car is driven for a long time. Specially in Bangalore it is not much evident in the morning time, but if the car is driven for a long time or in the evening, then you can notice it is blowing hot air. I will try checking with a thermometer next time.
Similar issue was pointed out in the Hyundai Venue thread. The Passenger side vents were throwing out warmer air than the central vents.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 19:56   #363
BHPian

Has anyone taken insurance directly without going thru the Kia dealership? I found the quote provided by the dealer quite exorbitant (INR 66k for 1 year comprehensive + 3 years 3rd party) and am seeing similar ones for around INR 40k on policy bazaar (SBI General, Edelweiss) and even on the insurance companies website directly (Royal Sundaram or HDFC Ergo). Considering the substantial difference, I am inclined to take this directly and the dealer doesnt have an issue with this. Any suggestions?

Also, i am taking insurance for a brand new car for the first time directly and hence a couple of questions:

1. Presumably the insurance policy is a pre-requisite for the car to be registered. So the policy will not have the registration number. Is this how it is?

2. I am assuming I will have to get the Engine No. and VIN from the dealer before i take the insurance so that I can include this in the policy. Correct?

Anything else that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 22:14   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post

1. Presumably the insurance policy is a pre-requisite for the car to be registered. So the policy will not have the registration number. Is this how it is?

2. I am assuming I will have to get the Engine No. and VIN from the dealer before i take the insurance so that I can include this in the policy. Correct?
Dear Aroon
We got the Seltos 1.5 IVT home 2 days ago and opted to insure the vehicle via our regular insurance guy for the same reason quoted by you. While the dealership pushes the insurance claiming some benefits taking the "Kia Insurance",we really did not find merit in them. Besides the SA was very pushy with accessories and other things as well.
Cutting to the chase, just the VIN & Chasis No. is required to buy the insurance since the registration will follow once the insurance and other documents are submitted to the authorities via the dealership. You will thus need to hand the dealership a copy of the insurance(cover note won't suffice). Would advice you to buy policy physically via an agent and not online, have had multiple issues of policies done via Policybazar since there are umpteen hidden features.

Dear Mods: This is my first post on T-Bhp, please feel free to edit/delete any information which might not be relevant.
Karan_n8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 09:40   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Would advice you to buy policy physically via an agent and not online, have had multiple issues of policies done via Policybazar since there are umpteen hidden features.
Can you please elaborate on what sort of multiple issues you are talking about? A large majority of consumers have shifted to online insurance renewals for their obvious benefits and ease of use etc. It would be helpful for many of us to understand that issues / negatives that you refer to.
Old 27th January 2020, 10:26   #366
BHPian

Even if you buy Insurance from outside make sure to get it from one of the KIA partners because they make a whole lot of fuzz when it comes time for claims. I am in the middle of doing due diligence for Seltos and what I have come to realize is the least problematic way to go is their bundled insurance.

Also have a few questions on my own:

1. Can I change the bulbs on the HTK+ projectors to my own specs "Like Osram Nightbreakers" without the warranty getting void.

2. Is the bulb a BH3 like the Creta and is there a single bulb for low and high beam behind the projector.

3. Would up-sizing the tires to 225/60 R17 from 215/60 R17 void the warranty "I already have AT's of 225/60 R17"?

4. Would changing the halogen based fog's with LED one impact the average since the LED would eat less watts.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 11:07   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Please find my responses inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post

1. Can I change the bulbs on the HTK+ projectors to my own specs "Like Osram Nightbreakers" without the warranty getting void.
As long as the change is plug and play type, you can revert back to the OE setup. This won't affect the warranty.
Quote:
2. Is the bulb a BH3 like the Creta and is there a single bulb for low and high beam behind the projector.
Yes, it is a HB3 9005 type, Sylvania make 60W bulb.
Quote:
3. Would up-sizing the tires to 225/60 R17 from 215/60 R17 void the warranty "I already have AT's of 225/60 R17"?
The OE wheels on the HTK+ are 205/65 R16 (with 16" alloys). You have to change the alloys and the tyres to move to the R17 size. And yes, they might reject any warranty claims on suspension.
Quote:
4. Would changing the halogen based fog's with LED one impact the average since the LED would eat less watts.
Do you mean fuel economy when you say average? If so, then the answer is No.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2020 at 11:20. Reason: Let's maintain the same way of quote and reply. Thanks.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 11:23   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think most of the questions were answered except the 4th one. You need to check if Seltos is Canbus enabled. If it is, then using a lower wattage headlight or fog lamp will cause the vehicle to report an error and it wont work. You will need to add Canbus Enabled bulbs or use a Canbus Adapter to overcome this issue. If you use a bulb that is an exact match in terms of the specified wattage then there should be no issue.

For the upsize I think the upsize which you have called out is not the ideal one and will result in some loss of Ground Clearance. Double check on that part before you proceed.
Old 27th January 2020, 11:26   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post

Also, i am taking insurance for a brand new car for the first time directly and hence a couple of questions:
Congrats on your buy, wishing you many happy journeys on your new machine

Quote:
Yes it is, but the VIN / Chasis would be sufficient to get an insurance policy

Quote:

Anything else that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance
I always get insurance from outside, but in the case of my latest buy, the Seltos, the dealer said you give me the rate you are getting online and I will match it. He originally quoted some 65k I got 43k online (PaisaBazar), I told him 40k and he requested me to settle for 50k and I agreed, I know I paid extra but I felt that as he was getting me the car in 3 days as opposed to a 3 month waiting period, I owed him a favour.

Following things to note

(A) By law you are allowed to buy insurance from anywhere, dealers always try and push their rates onto you, but you can refuse
(B) Try and figure out who all are on the panel in the showroom / service centre of your dealer as if it is one of these, it becomes much much easier to process a claim, it is not that outside the panel, you can't process a claim, but the process steps are more painful

(C) Spend time, shop around on multiple websites, you can definitely shave off 2-3k just by playing one against another. I usually figure out the scheme I want, from the company I want and then submit my details on their website, when someone calls, I tell them I am getting XYZ on Paisabazar, if they match, I will do it through them, and 9/10 it gets done

Happy to answer any follow up questions on your new car.

Do remember to do a PDI, it is an absolute must, if you don't like the dealer sticker on the back of your car, tell them not to stick it, don't drive the car with temp reg plates, ensure you take delivery only after registration, don't fall for the "Teflon quote" scam dealers pull, take your car to the nearest 3m, get the underbody coating done - a PPF on key areas (or full car if your budget allows) is recommended though...but if it is white, don't.

Happy driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Dear Aroon
Would advice you to buy policy physically via an agent and not online, have had multiple issues of policies done via Policybazar since there are umpteen hidden features.

Dear Mods: This is my first post on T-Bhp, please feel free to edit/delete any information which might not be relevant.
Hello Mate, can you clarify what these issues are? I have been taking policies (of all types, not just auto) online and have found the whole process to be safe, streamlined and less hassle - I only go to a direct broker AFTER getting rates online to see if they can match the conditions, if they can then I go with them.

Mod note: Do not reply inside the quote box. Henceforth please follow the way it's been edited here. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2020 at 14:05.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:39   #370
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am hearing some rattling noise ( plus some resonance noise at certain low speeds ) from HUD. Anybody noticed the same?
Old 27th January 2020, 14:55   #371
BHPian

Quote:

Other questions of yours have been answered but since you said here "From 215/60 R17" i am guessing you are getting the top model alloys in exchange with the stock ones.

If that is the case I don't think moving to 225/60 from 215/60 "Stock GTX" would be a issue but remember to only go for company alloys from dealer. Also ask your dealer about this upsizing. Generally a difference of 10mm in width is not a big issue and won't effect your warranty.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:57   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Hi Guys,
I am hearing some rattling noise ( plus some resonance noise at certain low speeds ) from HUD. Anybody noticed the same?
Heard the same thing from the TD vehicle. In fact it had noise from the back left door and also the armrest. The sales guy told me it all could be rectified with some 3m tape.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 12:05   #373
BHPian

Crossing the first hurdle was easier than I had thought. I found a dealer who doesn't mind sourcing parts.

Here are the part numbers for the rear seat backrest of HTX.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-60split.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-40split.jpeg

The problem is he's not very sure about the variants their system is listing. The same part is listed as T3 & T4 variant as can be seen in the part number suffix below. Does anybody have a clue what could be the difference between them? Any Creta owners who may have seen something similar?

Kia Seltos : Official Review-60split-cost.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-40split-cost.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I check Boodmo parts break-up for the Creta as it is similar and can be used as a reference for costs - here is the link.

Whole seat assembly is around ~ 13,765 + 21,564 that should be "remove & replace" type work.
It is listing the same cost of 31k for both the 40% split assembly and the 60% split assembly. This mod seems to cost a whopping 62k! I was hoping the assemblies to be priced differently according to their proportions as in Creta that you had kindly shared. Do you think such an equal pricing for the assemblies is possible or the dealer is looking up incorrectly?

Last edited by dksv : 28th January 2020 at 12:06.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 12:29   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Crossing the first hurdle was easier than I had thought. I found a dealer who doesn't mind sourcing parts.

This is great. Wish you all the best for your modifications. Would you mind sharing the dealer name?
Old 29th January 2020, 01:05   #375
BHPian

Guys - Can you help with recommending a good "waterproof" cover for Seltos?

My dad bought the 1300.00 rupee Kia cover and apparently it's water resistant and not waterproof and the car was wet underneath. So, looking for a waterproof and not water-resistant.

Thx for your time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks