Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 11:18   #421
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post

The 16" alloys are ₹7849 / unit. IIRC I paid ₹34012 which includes 4 center caps as well. Wheel balancing and alignment shouldn't cost you more than ₹1200 (I wasn't charged this luckily). So, unless the MRP of parts hasn't changed recently the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you.

As you won't be changing tyres, why don't you take delivery and then try different dealers in Mumbai or elsewhere during your various tours.
HI Thank You! There are only two dealers in Mumbai ,I have booked from Shreenath I will ask the other dealer.

However I sent my Sales Executive the photo, He says this is a wheel assembly and not the alloy. Even after sending the link to him, He says it is a part which connects the wheel to the engine

I will meet him on Thursday, request you to give me any other information which I can share with my Sales Executive !

Enclosed Screenshot of my conversation. (typo allowed instead allotted of in my message)
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_0897.png  

Last edited by Y@SH : 4th February 2020 at 11:20.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 13:10   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
HI Thank You! There are only two dealers in Mumbai ,I have booked from Shreenath I will ask the other dealer.

However I sent my Sales Executive the photo, He says this is a wheel assembly and not the alloy. Even after sending the link to him, He says it is a part which connects the wheel to the engine

The part number is clearly written in the pic you sent, why don't you compare it with the SA in their system?
Old 4th February 2020, 13:52   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Thankfully as seats are leatherette, cleaning is easier than fabric seats
I have meguiars leather seat cleaner, is it safe to use on ventilated seats? It's a spray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
I , while in Amazon Music , press the mode button repeatedly to make sure that the input is selected correctly from the phone ( also up the volume using volume buttons as sometimes I see that the volume gets resettled to zero while connecting phone )
Did this and it did work. But also the issue was apparently the UWO version was outdated and there was a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Once the phone is connected to android auto, Bluetooth audio gets unchecked from Bluetooth settings in HU. So when next time you walk into the car, only phone audio is connected but music remains unchecked.

Goto Bluetooth settings in HU and check both the boxes for that phone, which will solve this issue. But next time if you connect through android auto, it will get unchecked again. In general Android auto is still buggy, and gets frequent disconnections. Tried 2 phones and 4 different cables, but no avail. On the other hand Apple CarPlay is stable using a MFI cable, but Apple maps is inefficient for Indian conditions. Stopped using both and only use Bluetooth nowadays as HU navigation is good enough for Bangalore B2B traffic.

Hope this helps.
Yep this solved it. I had paired and set it up the day I got my car and didn't realize that the media gets unchecked every time you restart you engine.

So now whenever I connect, I ensure I tick the media option.

For an otherwise well made car, their ICE system sucks. Esp the lack of a over the air patch system
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 14:22   #424
BHPian

I took delivery of Seltos GTX+ DCT in Aurora Black on 28th Jan from VST Palace Cross. I had booked the car on 11th December and at the time of booking was informed that delivery can be expected late Feb or early March. However on 13th Jan my sales rep called to inform that Car has been allotted and that I should start the finance process. Its a 2020 Make car.

I was referred to their finance rep who in turn put me touch with his SBI agent. I was offered finance at 9.65% rate of interest which I sensed was too high and applied directly via the SBI YONO portal. My loan was conditionally approved in 10 mins and interest rate was set at 8.4% (saved me 50K in interest charges). I was asked to visit my home branch and my loan was sanction in 2 days. The entire process was smooth. I wanted to do an initial PDI and instructed the bank to release the loan amount only after I authorize. Initially the dealership tried convincing me that PDI was not required as they would be doing it anyways but I stood my ground and they relented. This is advantage of doing the finance part on your own. I visited their stockyard in Peenya where my vehicle was made available for inspection and everything checked out well. I took a pic of the VIN label to ensure it’s the same car that will eventually be delivered to me.

Next came the insurance bit. I had requested at the time of booking itself that I intend to get insurance from outside. After some hesitation, the sales rep agreed. After comparing several quotes online (Policy Bazaar/Cover Fox), I finally ended up getting the insurance done from Royal Sundaram directly from their website. Saved a cool 18K in the process.

Then came the Extended Warranty. Thanks to earlier posts from BHPians, i was aware that Kia offered two types of warranties - 1.25 Lakh KM limited warranty and an unlimited one for the 4th and 5th year. The dealership only mentions the later. Insisted that I don't need the limited one since my usage is minimal. After much reluctance my sales rep finally relented. Saved and additional 4K in the bargain.

Finally it came to the accessories part. The price list pegs 17K worth of accessories but I refused to go with the standard kit and shortlisted the following accessories:

Rear Windscreen Shade
3D Floor Mat
Boot Mat
Door Visor
Premium Cushion
Car Dustbin

The cost for the above came to approximately 10K. I found the cost of Kia accessories very reasonable and top quality. The accessories folks also suggested going with Ceramic/PPF Coating but had I made up my mind to get it done outside.

I informed that I will take delivery on 28th Jan in the AM and on 27th Jan the car got registered. The delivery was made as per schedule and the entire process went smoothly. I went through the PDI checklist and everything checked out fine. As advised by TeamBHP, I had taken a small gift for the sales rep (she posted the same in her WhatsApp DP status ��. Small gestures like these go a long way), handed over the same and drove out of the showroom.

I directly drove to my Tyre dealer in Lalbagh and swapped the stock Goodyear Triplmax with Yokohama Advan Sport 235/55 ZR17 103Y. My dealer offered 17k for the Goodyears.

The next day, I drove to Ultimate Detailerz in Jakkur for the Ceramic Coating. I opted for the Ultimate Extended Package with 5 Year Warranty. I also got the self healing PPF installed on front and rear bumper corners, door edges, ORVMS and door handle pockets. The entire process takes 2 days and I was handed back the car on Friday evening. Saturday, I got the number plate installed and pooja happened in the evening.

I have driven the car for around 400 odd kms and so far it’s been a smooth journey. Fortunately, I have not experienced any issues with UVO app, engine temperature, rear AC blowing hot air, TPMS showing incorrect Tyre pressure etc. that other users have reported. The only niggle I have experienced is the mild rattling from the rear seat when going over rough roads. I intend to get this checked when the 1st service comes up.

I also got to do a bit of unplanned off-roading when I drove to the Ramanagara Marathon event. Like many participants, we missed a crucial turn and ended up driving through some dirt tracks and serious undulations but Seltos handled it well. I must admit I was bit nervous the whole time and pray i don’t run into these situations often

The Seltos in Black looks stunning and is sure to turn heads (I experienced this many times already). Agreed it’s a dust magnet and a bit difficult to maintain but its worth the trouble in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-photo-280120-1-11-54-pm.jpg  

Last edited by hishetty : 4th February 2020 at 14:23. Reason: picture was showing twice
hishetty is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:50   #425
1:1
BHPian

Thanks Mods for approving my membership Request.

Few bits about the Seltos which I observed were neatly integrated with the audio system (Observations are of HTX+ D AT);

1. Parking sensors feedback:
Car aids the driver visually and with sound. Apart from the visuals, audio system plays beeps from the location where sensor has picked up object. Say if a scooter is too close at the left front side of the car then the beeping sound is played from the front left speaker. If sensor picks up an object on rear left, then rear left speaker will play beep sound. On a signal crossing the effect very prominent. The beep travels from left to right when people are walking too close to the car.
To be sure I asked my Niece to walk around the car and the sound moved as she moved from front left to right and Back left to right. Stereo surround!
2. Navigation announcements:
Navigation announcements take place by considerably lowering song volume of front 3 speakers while rear door and sub continue playing songs at the same or slightly reduced volume but not as much as front. Once navigation announcements end song resumes at set volume. This is possible only with the on board navigation.
1:1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 16:14   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
I took delivery of Seltos GTX+ DCT in Aurora Black
Congratulations on your purchase!
Seltos does look nice in black. You mentioned that you opted for the rear sunshade as an accessory, could you please share the pics of the same?
Old 4th February 2020, 16:22   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
I took delivery of Seltos GTX+ DCT in Aurora Black on 28th Jan from VST Palace Cross.

After comparing several quotes online (Policy Bazaar/Cover Fox), I finally ended up getting the insurance done from Royal Sundaram directly from their website. Saved a cool 18K in the process.

Then came the Extended Warranty. Insisted that I don't need the limited one since my usage is minimal. After much reluctance my sales rep finally relented. Saved and additional 4K in the bargain.

Finally it came to the accessories part. I went through the PDI checklist and everything checked out fine.

The next day, I drove to Ultimate Detailerz in Jakkur for the Ceramic Coating. I opted for the Ultimate Extended Package with 5 Year Warranty. I also got the self healing PPF installed on front and rear bumper corners, door edges, ORVMS and door handle pockets. The entire process takes 2 days and I was handed back the car on Friday evening.
Congrats on the Seltos, my red GTX+ D AT should get registered tomorrow and I am planning to take delivery on Sunday. I saw a similar difference in insurance too, but did you check if the cover you got from Royal Sundaram includes all the add-ons that Kia is offering? for instance, engine protector, tyre protector etc..When I did that comparison and added all of these, the difference wasnt meaningful.

I totally missed asking about the limited kms extended warranty, so took the full one for 26k or thereabouts ! Took a similar approach on accessories and picked / chose those which I wanted.

Anything specific that I should look for as part of PDI for the Seltos? Given all the gizmos, UVO app etc, i am assuming i should budget 2-3 hours for PDI, delivery and going thru all of these?

Lastly, if you dont mind, can you share the cost for the ceramic coating, 5 year package and PPF? I am seriously considering the PPF for bumpers, corners as I drive 35 kms on ORR every day and prone to generous kisses from bikers
Old 4th February 2020, 18:05   #428
BANNED

Selto's sales since inception:

Name:  Screenshot_20200204 Auto Punditz  Not just another automotive website .png
Views: 5092
Size:  87.7 KB

wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 19:13   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, if you dont mind, can you share the cost for the ceramic coating, 5 year package and PPF? I am seriously considering the PPF for bumpers, corners as I drive 35 kms on ORR every day and prone to generous kisses from bikers
I am a HTX+ owner and did a lot of research on various methods. In my opinion ceramic coating is mostly a placebo, yes it gives you gloss but in Indian conditions it will fade in 2 max 2.5 years.

Think about self healing PPF if you want to avoid those scratches and truly protect your original paint. It definitely is costly (coated me approx 80k for the whole car) and if vitamin M is a consideration then get it done on the bumper corners the doors and if you can, the bonnet. This should cost you approx 50k.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 05:49   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
A friend of mine has booked the top end Seltos Petrol 7 DCT at Advaith Kia on Lal Bagh Road, Bangalore. He has booked the Blue color and was told that the sales volume for Blue is less and Red and White would have a lesser turn around time. He plans to stick to the Blue color.

They have quoted 3 months waiting for Delivery. Anyone from Bangalore can comment on the turn around times from Booking to Delivery in recent times in Bangalore?
I have a Blue HTX Diesel. I was told 2 months on 4th November but I think due to my regular pestering, I got the car on 20-12.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:18   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I have a Blue HTX Diesel. I was told 2 months on 4th November but I think due to my regular pestering, I got the car on 20-12.
From which dealer in Bangalore did you buy? How was the overall Sales/Buying experience?
Old 5th February 2020, 16:57   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post

I will meet him on Thursday, request you to give me any other information which I can share with my Sales Executive !
The steel rims that were removed were packed in those boxes and returned. So I assumed they were boxes of the alloys as the wheels/rims fit in them perfectly. But what I never read was the part name on the sticker. Your SA may be right, or may not be. Unfortunately, I do not seem to find any other paper evidence to confirm, apart from my credit card statement with debit entry for ₹ 34,012.
Old 5th February 2020, 19:40   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys just wanted to share some quick observations, car has now done 7k kms:

40psi will also be overall better for FE and GC I think although only sightly when compared to 33psi.
Are you still keeping 40ps on all tyres ? What’s your opinion now? I tried 40 but once filled in Tpms showed 44 and the ride was not all that great , I need to reduce it to 40 and see
Old 5th February 2020, 19:52   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!
Seltos does look nice in black. You mentioned that you opted for the rear sunshade as an accessory, could you please share the pics of the same?
Here you go. Costs INR 1817/- per piece and totally worth it. Plus the big advantage is it does not obstruct rear view visibility in any way, even at night. I was surprised myself.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-rear-windscreen-shade.jpg

Quote:
did you check if the cover you got from Royal Sundaram includes all the add-ons that Kia is offering? for instance, engine protector, tyre protector etc..When I did that comparison and added all of these, the difference wasnt meaningful.
Yes, did a complete 1-1 comparison and ensured everything covered b KIA insurance is covered by Royal Sundaram except tyre but since i upgraded to aftermarket Yokohama tyres, they are under warranty.

Quote:
Anything specific that I should look for as part of PDI for the Seltos? Given all the gizmos, UVO app etc, i am assuming i should budget 2-3 hours for PDI, delivery and going thru all of these?
I have attached the checklist i prepared. The PDI should take 15 mins max. Suggest you take somebody along. Becomes easy when checking if headlight/taillights are in order. Don't forget to take your your music along in a pendrive, both Audio and Video - Yes, Seltos ICE plays Video when car is stationary . Check both USB and BT connectivity.
Delivery Checklist.pdf

Quote:
I have attached the services/pricelist offered by Ultimate Detailerz in their website - https://ultimatedetailerz.com/premium-services/
Car ceramic coating packages 2019.pdf

Based on the package you get 1-2 Annual maintenance included. The ultimate package includes a full job in Year 3. PPF Coating for the areas mentioned costed me 15K since i went with the self heal option.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200205-7.33.32-pm.jpeg
That's Sridhar from Ultimate Detailerz who coordinated with me. Great team and equally great service.
hishetty is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 21:24   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
From which dealer in Bangalore did you buy? How was the overall Sales/Buying experience?
I got it from Taapasi Motors at Kalyan Nagar. The overall experience was not a good one with this dealership, but since the car is good, it balanced it off.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks