Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 21:43   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
From which dealer in Bangalore did you buy? How was the overall Sales/Buying experience?
Sorry for intruding here. I didn't buy the car but did a test drive at JSP Kia, Kadubeesanahalli, back in early October 2019. My experience during that visit was very good.

The Sales Advisor was very polite and patient while explaining the features. He offered us TDs of the TGDi variant as well even though I was clear in mentioning that I am looking at 1.5D MT. He wanted me to try out the 1.5P IVT and even the 1.4 DCT but I declined the offer. The other staffs in the showroom were good too and we left with a very positive experience. The SA also quoted lower waiting time than the Hyderabad dealer. However he did mention that Red, White and Silver were popular colors and will have shorter wait times as they are produced in higher volumes.

Since then, I have received multiple follow-up calls to see if I was interested in buying a car from them. However, I am not sure how the actual buying experience would be at the dealership.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 21:46   #437

Is there an option to disable side air bags in GTX+ ? My nephews want to travel with us and we don't have space to fix children seats. So i was thinking to disable side air bags.
Old 6th February 2020, 09:08   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Are you still keeping 40ps on all tyres ? What’s your opinion now? I tried 40 but once filled in Tpms showed 44 and the ride was not all that great , I need to reduce it to 40 and see
I am keeping it at 40, and very happy with it. I recommend doing it. Must have driven close to 500+km on them now.

Just an update, I have just in the morning drive today got the oil check light relating to the emissions system. This warning popped today on ICE and MID both (pics attached) and this is wherein I have only been filling from petrol bunks in Delhi and had already in my 2nd service visit got the ECU flashed which was supposed to take care of this. Before today, I have never had such a problem and as you can see have driven close to 6.5k kms. Though admittedly, this time I had chosen to get the car filled from a different bunk, but still within Delhi.

I have sent a message to the Service head to see what he suggests doing!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200206-8.20.30-am.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200206-8.20.29-am.jpeg  

AGwagon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:50   #439
BHPian

Interestingly, the Seltos was launched in the US on Sunday 02/02/2020 (interesting date, isn't it, palindrome!) with the commercial aired during the SuperBowl (what a game!). I checked and the specs are a little different but the pricing is about 22K USD and a looker too! Cheaper in India going by pure currency conversion. Need to see one in person at the dealership.

Offtopic: The Kia Soul is a nice all-rounder for India. See a lot of them in my place.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:34   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Exclusive: Kia in talks over moving $1.1 billion India plant out of Andhra Pradesh - sources

South Korea’s Kia Motors is discussing with Tamil Nadu the possibility of moving a $1.1 billion plant out of neighbouring Andhra Pradesh only months after it fully opened, due to policy changes last year, sources close to the talks told Reuters.

Kia inaugurated the Andhra plant, its first in the world’s fifth-largest car market, in December after two years of construction. It has an annual capacity of some 300,000 units and created 12,000 direct and indirect jobs.

However, Kia is now in talks with the nearby state of Tamil Nadu, home to many major autoparts suppliers, about potentially relocating the plant, a senior state government official and a second source familiar with the discussions said.

“(Kia) are facing problems (in Andhra Pradesh), they have been in preliminary negotiations with us ... There is a secretary-level meeting next week, we might have more clarity then,” the official told Reuters on Wednesday.

Kia said in a statement it has a long-term commitment to the Indian market and it aims to utilize the full capacity of its Andhra plant “before considering further expansion”.

“We do not have any plans to shift the manufacturing facility from the current location,” it said, without commenting on any policy concerns or talks with Tamil Nadu, which are at an early stage.

Kia is being represented in the talks by executives at its sister company Hyundai Motor Co, which is India’s second-largest automaker and has all its car production facilities in Tamil Nadu, the state official added.

Hyundai did not respond to a request for comment. The Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh chief minister’s offices did not respond to requests for comment.

Kia has been troubled by a new Andhra state law on local hiring and by the new state government wanting to review the incentives given out by the previous administration to encourage the company to set up the plant, the second source and a third person with knowledge of the discussions said.

Moving the plant to Tamil Nadu could also help Kia in reducing logistics costs as it would bring it closer to some of its parts suppliers, the second source added.

It was not immediately clear how swiftly Kia could move production lines from a plant in one state to another, or what sort of disruption that would entail.

The sources declined to be named as the talks are private.

Link: https://in.reuters.com/article/kia-i...-idINKBN1ZZ2JY
Old 6th February 2020, 11:56   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Just an update, I have just in the morning drive today got the oil check light relating to the emissions system. This warning popped today on ICE and MID both (pics attached) and this is wherein I have only been filling from petrol bunks in Delhi and had already in my 2nd service visit got the ECU flashed which was supposed to take care of this.
Strange! People who have got the ECU flashed, haven't reported the Check Engine light coming up even after driving for 2k+ kms post ECU update. And you have been using BS6 fuel too (i.e. if the fuel bunks are indeed getting the correct fuel!). Please ask KIA for the exact reason why these issues are reported.

Quote:
Before today, I have never had such a problem and as you can see have driven close to 6.5k kms. Though admittedly, this time I had chosen to get the car filled from a different bunk, but still within Delhi.
Is it a reputed fuel bunk? There's a chance of adulteration.
Also, did you use any premium fuel this time or anywhere in the past 6.5k kms?

Quote:
Please share once you hear back from Kia and when the issue is resolved.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 14:37   #442
BHPian

Hi,

My HTX Diesel has done 8000 Km and these are some quick points . I was previously using a Duster 110, diesel 4WD, and the following is a quick comparison between the two.

1. Fuel mileage on Seltos is about 17- 18 Kmpl whereas the Duster was 13-14 Kmpl max.

2.Suspension- The Duster is still king whereas the Seltos needs to be watched over going over speed breakers/ bumps/rough roads etc.

3. Low end torque- Again Duster has the edge - one hardly changes up from 2nd gear while crawling or going over speedbreakers whereas the Seltos ,over same situation, would require 1st gear.

4.Refinement, cabin comforts etc - Seltos is clearly the winner with a huge margin.

On the whole a good replacement for the Duster, unfortunately with the loss of 4WD

I did see an odd point regarding the TPMS system though,- my front left tyre had an argument with a beer bottle ,while parking ( obviously the bottle won). And I had to change to the spare tyre. After that the TPMS system does not show for the OTHER tyres also. It just says -check TPMS system- or something similar. I am having to replace the tyre and am still on the spare (16 inch ).
It seems the TPMS system stops displaying if one has a puncture and removes even one wheel. Does anybody have any feedback on this ?

Another issue is that in such a case you cannot put a tube and limp on ,since the TPMS sensor is attached to the original air valve neck. ( To accommodate the tube neck, the original has to be cut and removed.) I was worried that the original neck would cost $$$ , so opted not to do this and continued without spare. The sensor unit can be unscrewed from the neck, but the screw seems attached to the neck. Obviously , if the neck is cut and removed one needs to replace the neck with an original equivalent for the sensor to be re attached.
jmktm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 16:23   #443
BHPian

Hi, Has any one having issues with UVO app again. Its been a while that I'm not able to connect and i'm getting the error as attached since 24/01/2020(I'm making sure that the signal levels of my phone and the Car are good). I have done the update from Dealer when there was UVO downtime issues in Dec'19. After that till 24th Jan it was fine but then onward I see this error every time I try to connect and my trip info also is not showing anything since then. Any one faced similar issue/any update from Kia on UVO again.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200206-4.16.36-pm.jpeg  

govs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 16:50   #444
BHPian

Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLANTE View Post
The Kia Seltos wave hit Kerala celebrities too it seems, three in a row in just one week!
And the Kia Seltos trend continues strong among Malayalam celebs. One more added by the young & charming hero Antony also known as 'Pepe'

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200206_140939.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200206_140955.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200206_140924.jpg

Pics by: incheonkia
VOLANTE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:11   #445
BHPian

How do you guys manage this 17-18 kmpl. I drive very sedately and while even my 7 yo / 70k Verna gave me 17 in city traffic, my Diesel manual Seltos doesn't cross 12-13.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:24   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I am keeping it at 40, and very happy with it. I recommend doing it. Must have driven close to 500+km on them now.

Have a query regarding ECU flashing.
I wonder if the flashed ECU has any impact on BS6 compliance.

Release a vehicle complying to BS6, when issues are faced flash it and release. But is the vehicle really tested again? No one knows
Old 7th February 2020, 09:19   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post

Have a query regarding ECU flashing.
I wonder if the flashed ECU has any impact on BS6 compliance.

Release a vehicle complying to BS6, when issues are faced flash it and release. But is the vehicle really tested again? No one knows
I too was skeptical about the ECU flashing, as to me it seemed like a short-cut to reduce the sensitivity of the system so till the BS6 fuel become available the ECU and the warnings don't keep going crazy and in-turn increase the anxiety of the owner.

However, you have to understand that BS6 especially in a Diesel requires many more parts - DPF, filters, etc. which would remain and continue to do their job, whether or not the ECU is flashed later.

In any case in my scenario when I spoke to the S.A. he told me that I need to bring the car to get the DPF cleaned and warning reset, and he could see from my service records that me ECU was already flashed. The car is scheduled to be picked up today, let's see. Rest all is good with the car, just some odd rattles from the back seat.

I am consistently managing to get a mileage of 14.5-15 on my D-AT in city drives.
AGwagon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 16:25   #448
BHPian

I had a strange experience a few days back. Right after starting the car and driving a few km, there was a growling sound from somewhere near the gear/front inside. This was not consistent but it was audible during every upshift or down. Along with it, the brake pedals started vibrating and there was a thud sound when the brake was pressed. Stopped the car and checked the brakes and it worked fine. Drove a few km and it didn't stop. And finally decided to drive to the Service Centre. During this drive along with the above issues, the Traction lights kept blinking at a fast rate but went off quickly. Finally with the growling sound during up and down gear shifts and vibrating brakes and blinking traction light (but these were not consistent, as these issues keep coming and going) i reached the service centre, and waited for the service engineer to test drive the car. He took the car and drove close to 2-5 km and the issue wasn't there. And i tried explaining but they were not aware of what the issue is. And i took the car back and didn't face the issue. Its been 3 days and the car is fine. Strange! But has anyone faced a similar issue or have any clue what could it be? By the way, i drive GTX+7DCT and driven close to 4.5k km only.
Tjv777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:54   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
I had a strange experience a few days back. Strange! But has anyone faced a similar issue or have any clue what could it be? By the way, i drive GTX+7DCT and driven close to 4.5k km only.
I am not so sure if this is omnipresent with other Seltos owners, but DCT in Seltos is certainly something which should be carefully played with. Behaves like an american girlfriend. You never know when her mood gets spoiled.

Lot of issues already reported in social media and on various forums. Seltos Diesel AT is less troublesome here. When I took the test drive, I felt the gearbox getting confused too, especially in sports mode and with heavy throttle. Too much of eagerness.

My advise, drive for another 500 kms ( occasional spirited driving) within the city, avoid going on a longer trips and hope that DCT holds on.
Roadster17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 22:57   #450

I booked the Silver GTX+ DCT on Jan 24th and was promised a delivery by end of February. However, I got a call from the showroom today that one of the cars that was allotted to another customer is on hold as they have some issue with making the full payment and that I can take that car.
I went to the yard to verify the vehicle and it is 2020 model but has been standing there since mid Jan.
I am hoping to get the vehicle on Wednesday, Jan 12th.
This was because of calling the sales guy every 4-5 days, as I was also negotiating the loan interest with them.
Hoping that the car is trouble free with no issues.:-)
ryadaniel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks