Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2020, 15:22   #691
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Guys a basic question, how do you switch off only the screen in the HU. Sometimes even night mode is too bright. I would rather go old school and just have the music and a darkened console.
I don't think there's a option to turn off the screen unless you shut down the engine & open the door or in accessory mode where it shuts off after 2 minutes or so if the engine is not on.

I found another problem where the maps doesn't switch from night mode to day mode even during the daytime. Some bug i think. I'll report that to the SA while going for the 6 month/ 5 K service

Last edited by akrish01 : 20th March 2020 at 15:23. Reason: correction
Old 20th March 2020, 16:37   #692
BHPian

Quote:

Guys a basic question, how do you switch off only the screen in the HU. Sometimes even night mode is too bright. I would rather go old school and just have the music and a darkened console.
It can definitely be done. Go to settings, display settings and then there is an option to switch off the display. The music continues to play and you can continue to use steering controls which wont light the screen back.
Old 20th March 2020, 17:17   #693
BHPian

Quote:
It can be done through settings as far as I remember, another alternative may be while screen is on there is a power button at extreme right side , just press and hold it for a few seconds, this might also work I guess. If it works just press anywhere in the screen while engine on to bring it back alive. Let me know if it works otherwise next time I get into the car I will let you know. I am sure it can be done in multiple ways

Last edited by Salnv : 20th March 2020 at 17:19. Reason: Additional info
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 10:41   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
It can be done through settings as far as I remember, another alternative may be while screen is on there is a power button at extreme right side , just press and hold it for a few seconds, this might also work I guess. If it works just press anywhere in the screen while engine on to bring it back alive. Let me know if it works otherwise next time I get into the car I will let you know. I am sure it can be done in multiple ways
This works but shuts down music as well. So looks like there is no option to shut off only the display
Old 21st March 2020, 12:03   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
This works but shuts down music as well. So looks like there is no option to shut off only the display
It’s possible. Try VS1811 suggestion and I have been using it for a few months
Old 21st March 2020, 14:14   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try Settings-> Display settings -> Turn off display ?
Old 21st March 2020, 15:42   #697
BHPian

Hello All, could someone point me to any authentic data on which variants are sold by Seltos per month. I am looking at the variants and it gets really confusing as to where to stop at. Wanted to know the general trend of what people are preferring both in terms of diesel/petrol. Or maybe a Poll of the T-Bhp seltos owners on which variants they purchased?
Old 21st March 2020, 21:50   #698
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Sir, why post it here if the post cannot elicit any response. It just goes out unnoticed in the flow.
Old 21st March 2020, 22:03   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Hello All, could someone point me to any authentic data on which variants are sold by Seltos per month. I am looking at the variants and it gets really confusing as to where to stop at. Wanted to know the general trend of what people are preferring both in terms of diesel/petrol. Or maybe a Poll of the T-Bhp seltos owners on which variants they purchased?
Instead of looking for such statistics, I would suggest you take a test drive of all options & decide which option is best for you. If you can fix a budget & do the test drive, it's even better because then you don't have to test drive all option, it's enough if you test drive only the ones that fall in your price range. I assume that you're keen on buying the seltos

Last edited by akrish01 : 21st March 2020 at 22:04. Reason: Correction
Old 22nd March 2020, 08:34   #700
BHPian

Quote:
I assume that you're keen on buying the seltos
Well, I am looking to buy a car around Diwali but wanted to know user reviews & if there are any new launches by then. But what you said makes sense, I guess I’ll take a test drive of the ones I feel are good
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 18:59   #701
Senior - BHPian

HTE owners, have any of you found out if Kia allows installation of aftermarket touchscreen system with rear view camera? Or will they sell one themselves?
Old 22nd March 2020, 19:09   #702
BHPian

I was planning to take a test drive on Seltos. Unforutnately when I go to the website to book one, after some point, it does not let me book! This happened few weeks back!

Now that Creta has launched, I was planning to take a test ride and book, diesel AT, but the Covid 19 is preventing me from doing it as well
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:35   #703
Senior - BHPian

I got the OEM parcel tray installed in my Seltos last week during the first service from Kia service center. The total cost came out to be around Rs. 7000.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20200314_103451.jpg

Also, Made a small video about the same -

Old 22nd March 2020, 21:39   #704
ADB
BHPian

Quote:

There is one way I found. You can program the “star” button to perform any function you want. One of them is to switch off the screen. I did that and voila - screen off button. The music still plays
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:01   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1811 View Post
It can definitely be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
It can be done through settings as far as I remember,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
There is one way I found. You can program the “star” button to perform any function you want.:
Thanks to Corona brother, I had a lot of time in my hands today. Used it to do a full fledged interior cleaning and also fully explored the settings in the ICE.

As the other forum patrons have posted yes this can be done.

Display settings > there is a big button on the top right called display Off

Couple of observations,

1) you have to go into general settings to remove the screensaver as otherwise it is still pretty bright

2) the function buttons below the screen with their white light cannot be switched off

3) this mode does not shut down music or the navigation you get on the MID if you are using the onboard nav instead of gmaps (nice option if you are doing a long highway drive at night to shut down the console and use the MID to navigate

4) touching any part of the screen wakes up the screen.

The physical power button to the bottom right turns down all functions including music.

Edit - AdB sir, I use that for the air purifier, as otherwise the number of steps involved is too cumbersome but yes this is a fast solution.

Most Viewed