Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 19:39   #796
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Is there anyone who has updated the Seltos DCT software for transmission temperature issues and facing same issue after the update as well? I usually to get yellow warning gauge ( 10 point mark on the gauge ) after riding through B2B traffic about an hour and wondering if I should update the DCT software as well in my next service. Any thoughts ? Also any DCT performance difference noticed after the update ?

Last edited by Salnv : 29th April 2020 at 19:42.
Old 30th April 2020, 11:09   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Is there anyone who has updated the Seltos DCT software for transmission temperature issues and facing same issue after the update as well? I usually to get yellow warning gauge ( 10 point mark on the gauge ) after riding through B2B traffic about an hour and wondering if I should update the DCT software as well in my next service. Any thoughts ? Also any DCT performance difference noticed after the update ?
There are 2 software updates. One for the DCT gearbox / ECU and other for the temp gauge in the MID. This is what i was informed at the service center.

The first update alters the transmission shifts. I felt the car was up shifting earlier and was less sluggish at lower rpms. Felt the car to be less aggressive after the update.

No difference noted after the second update wherein the temp gauge in the MID went away. However, i was informed i will still get warning in the MID in case the DCT overheats. Just that i cant constantly monitor it.

I just got the update with the thinking that Kia knows better and if they are bringing an update in, it is to improve basis the initial feedback
VS1811 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 11:34   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Still can’t believe Kia is actually going ahead and removing the transmission temperature gauge. It’s like an ostrich sticking it’s head into the ground hoping the lion won’t see it. It truly is an ostrich brained idea. Removing the gauge does not magically make the overheating go away.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 12:06   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1811 View Post
I felt the car was up shifting earlier and was less sluggish at lower rpms. Felt the car to be less aggressive after the update.
Thanks for the info, however I was a bit confused about the quoted statement. You mentioned the car is less sluggish after the update while less aggressive? Isn't it contradicting? Can you please elaborate a bit more?
Old 30th April 2020, 12:10   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I agree!! Personally I would pick up Abarth Punto over Seltos any day. But I won't keep it stock

My intention was only to point out how quick the Seltos is
So a family oriented crossover SUV , which is larger , spacious and more comfortable, safer , perhaps even more fuel efficient - also happens to be faster than the fastest hatch out there. I`m not feeling that bad about the crossovers flooding the market if this is the direction they are taking.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 12:13   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info, however I was a bit confused about the quoted statement. You mentioned the car is less sluggish after the update while less aggressive? Isn't it contradicting? Can you please elaborate a bit more?
Apologies if i wasn't clear. What i meant was that the new updated ECU tune seems to be more conservative. There is better torque delivery at lower rpm and it up shifts earlier to a higher gear and therefore seems less aggressive when throttle pressure is applied. The acceleration seems more progressive.

In summary, the new update seems to have made the car more compliant and smoother in stop and go city traffic; and a little less fun when the accelerator is mashed down.

Hope this explains
VS1811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 13:43   #802
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
So a family oriented crossover SUV , which is larger , spacious and more comfortable, safer , perhaps even more fuel efficient - also happens to be faster than the fastest hatch out there. I`m not feeling that bad about the crossovers flooding the market if this is the direction they are taking.
And atleast twice as expensive.
Old 30th April 2020, 15:19   #803
BHPian

Quote:
How is the behavior in "S" mode ( by shifting the gear to the right in Normal Mode ) compared to its earlier behavior ?
Haven't driven the car in S mode at all so cannot comment on the same.

Just to add to your point, could not notice any difference in Sports mode. The difference noted was in Normal mode only.
Old 30th April 2020, 16:31   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1811 View Post
Haven't driven the car in S mode at all so cannot comment on the same.

Just to add to your point, could not notice any difference in Sports mode. The difference noted was in Normal mode only.
Thank you. I was asking this specifically because you mentioned that the car is not aggressive as before right after the update. In general, what I do is, whenever I want the car to be more aggressive in "Normal/Eco" Mode, especially while a quick overtaking, I just shift the gear to the right so that the vehicle is in "S" Mode ( but no shifting of the gear manually ) and you get the required performance as needed, then shift it back to the left when you are done or you feel to do so. This is very useful in highway too to make a very quick overtake. This way you get the best of both worlds , ie , better low end torque as you said in the lower bands with a more composed ride in "Normal/Eco" Mode + better performance at higher speeds in "S" mode, if need be. This is the quickest way to extract the best out of this machine, without having to change the Modes using the Mode Knob which is not that intuitive/quick IMHO, unless you want to try explicit nature of the "Sports" Mode

Last edited by Salnv : 30th April 2020 at 16:47.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 17:48   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
So a family oriented crossover SUV , which is larger , spacious and more comfortable, safer , perhaps even more fuel efficient - also happens to be faster than the fastest hatch out there.
Buddy, you just forgot the Price difference of the two ( Seltos 2X of Punto). Why don't you compare it with Octavia 1.8 TSi.. Almost same price, but Octavia is safer, more spacious, more comfortable , larger and hell lot faster than Seltos..
So, it is not a wise idea to compare Seltos and Punto.
Roadster17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 09:21   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
And atleast twice as expensive.
Not necessarily twice the car, Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Buddy, you just forgot the Price difference of the two ( Seltos 2X of Punto). Why don't you compare it with Octavia 1.8 TSi.. Almost same price, but Octavia is safer, more spacious, more comfortable , larger and hell lot faster than Seltos..
I did not think about it earlier, but now that you pointed it out the 0-100 performance is comparable, and cost wise you are paying 5-10L more for the Skoda. Seltos will take buyers from atleast half a dozen segments this way.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 11:20   #807
BHPian

Has any seltos gtx dct owner done any enhancements to improve the sound quality of the bose system? To my ears, my Tiago (supplemented by a humble 8 inch jbl subwoofer) with its Harman sound system sounds way better.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:37   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
0-100 in 8.96 seconds: 1.4 Turbo Petrol MT

Attachment 1998964

This is a screenshot from Autocar India.

The car is really quick , 0-100 and 1/4 th mile timing is better than even Abarth Punto
The Turbo Petrol Manual is quick from 0-100 than the Dual Clutch Auto but the in gear acceleration just tips the favour in the AT by A LOT. I mean look at the difference, the Turbo Petrol manual is the slowest of all the variants in in-gear acceleration tests. The manual is quick but I wouldn't be able to get that type of acceleration everytime I accelerate from 0-100kph, I think in-gear acceleration is the important part here.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:53   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
The Turbo Petrol Manual is quick from 0-100 than the Dual Clutch Auto but the in gear acceleration just tips the favour in the AT by A LOT. I mean look at the difference, the Turbo Petrol manual is the slowest of all the variants in in-gear acceleration tests. The manual is quick but I wouldn't be able to get that type of acceleration everytime I accelerate from 0-100kph, I think in-gear acceleration is the important part here.
You can't really compare the in-gear acceleration figures of MT and DCT because it's not "in-gear" for DCT. The DCT will down shift and accelerate .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 13:56   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Has any seltos gtx dct owner done any enhancements to improve the sound quality of the bose system?
Did you mean GTX Plus? Because GTX does not have a Bose system. The non Bose systems are strictly average in sound quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks