Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 21:37   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Hi. Since things have opened up in Pune and KIA service is operational. I am thinking of taking my seltos for its 1st service. Have booked a slot for Wednesday for now. Is it advisable to take it now or wait for few more months? Also what do they check during 1st service that cant be done at home?
Check if it can be done at home. First service is a very basic where they check the fluids under the bonnet, clean the car inside out, update the service booklet (and their own records) and hand over the car to you. If you let go of the cleaning part, everything else will be done in 5-10 mins.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 10:04   #917
BHPian

I found a way to send google maps location to uvo maps in car. Most of the times I'm unable to search and find a location from the car navigation menu or from the uvo mobile app. It just lists nearby prominent locations. So what we can do is open google maps, find that location or drop a pin on the location you want to navigate to. Now click on that location, select share place and select "Copy to Clipboard" to copy the location. It should give a location like this:
Quote:
Main Rd
Main Rd, Attingal, Kerala 695101
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3SGte5wFwtYjR2zr7
Open Uvo app and paste this whole text into search bar. The app will automatically translate it to the actual location and will list it below. Select that location and click "Send to Car". You will have that location in the Received Destinations list.
jothishX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 16:10   #918
ADB
BHPian

So I have been driving My GTX+ DCT twice a week around 10 kilometres each time. I notice a squeaky hinge type of sound from the rear left suspension when I go over a speak breaker. Does anyone know if it is because of not being driven that often or it’s something else like the ball joints / bush / suspension issue that wouldn’t go away. I’ve just clocked 5k in total and treat the car really well.

I don’t want to go to a service centre for such a small issue because the COVID situation is so bad.
Old 26th May 2020, 17:01   #919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
So I have been driving My GTX+ DCT twice a week around 10 kilometres each time. I notice a squeaky hinge type of sound from the rear left suspension when I go over a speak breaker.
Is this squeaky sound coming every time the car encounters a speed breaker?

Also is this squeaky noise coming mainly when the car is crossing the speed breaker - I mean when the springs compress?
Old 26th May 2020, 17:11   #920
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this squeaky sound coming every time the car encounters a speed breaker?

Also is this squeaky noise coming mainly when the car is crossing the speed breaker - I mean when the springs compress?
Yes, squeaky sound ever time the Car goes over the speed breaker and I think and both compression and decompression.
Old 26th May 2020, 17:45   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I have been driving My GTX+ DCT twice a week around 10 kilometres each time. I notice a squeaky hinge type of sound from the rear left suspension when I go over a speak breaker. Does anyone know if it is because of not being driven that often or it’s something else like the ball joints / bush / suspension issue that wouldn’t go away. I’ve just clocked 5k in total and treat the car really well.
I don’t want to go to a service centre for such a small issue because the COVID situation is so bad.
Would it be possible to record a short video with the help of someone in the rear seat to give an idea of the sound while driving? That would help the experts deduce better. Be sure that its from the suspension and not something in the boot or the seat back-latch.

Squeaking from suspension is commonly due to shot bushes or loose joints. (Does But this is too soon for that). Check if a rock or stone is lodged into the suspension / coil spring anywhere. Otherwise it might be a faulty shock absorber that needs replacement in warranty.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th May 2020 at 18:14. Reason: Punctuation
Old 26th May 2020, 17:53   #922
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, squeaky sound ever time the car goes over the speed breaker and I think and both compression and decompression.
In my Creta (at least my generation), I face this squeaky issue. It more pronounced on the front suspension but sometimes comes from the rear too especially when taking any speed breaker or pothole in a cross angle.

Neither is the recording able to capture that squeak nor am I able to reproduce it when I take a TD with my Hyundai SA for making them understand what it could be.
Old 26th May 2020, 18:45   #923
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Would it be possible to record a short video with the help of someone in the rear seat to give an idea of the sound while driving? That would help the experts deduce better. Be sure that its from the suspension and not something in the boot or the seat back-latch.

Squeaking from suspension is commonly due to shot bushes or loose joints. (Does But this is too soon for that). Check if a rock or stone is lodged into the suspension / coil spring anywhere. Otherwise it might be a faulty shock absorber that needs replacement in warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In my Creta (at least my generation), I face this squeaky issue. It more pronounced on the front suspension but sometimes comes from the rear too especially when taking any speed breaker or pothole in a cross angle.

Neither is the recording able to capture that squeak nor am I able to reproduce it when I take a TD with my Hyundai SA for making them understand what it could be.
I kept my phone i. The rear seat but just like a4anurag mentioned, it didn’t capture the sound. The sound is not very pronounced but still annoying considering it has been just 6 months and 5k kilometres. It doesn’t sound serious so I would let it be for now and probably get it checked if it gets worse or if some other problem comes up.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 16:38   #924
BHPian

KIA is reportedly going to rejig Seltos's variants with some really good updates, including a sunroof in HTX model. The prices are expected to increase by 10-15k, which if true, isn't bad at all!

The video is in Hindi but has graphical illustrations for easy reference for those who can't understand it.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 27th May 2020 at 16:49.
Col Mehta is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 18:43   #925
BHPian

That is a good list of added features. Wish they had offered the interior option of full black like in the GTX. Hope the prices are not increased too much.But I guess this was a part if their plan to add-on the features after the release of the New Creta. I love the way Hyundai and Kia are really in control of the SUV segment. Great example for other brands to learn from. The timing of the product release of the Seltos,Creta and now the upgrades on the Seltos - all done flawlessly !
Old 27th May 2020, 19:06   #926
BHPian

ESS and remote engine start are two features that will be missing to the current top spec owners. Hello Kia seems to be added in the software update. I can still perform engine start through the mobile app. ESS is a safety feature for the other drivers on the road.

What has actually shook me is the all black interior for gtx+ which i was initially wanting as the white interiors are difficult to maintain. Now it seems that white interior with red stitching will be something rare. Can ESS be retro fitted by the dealer?
Old 27th May 2020, 19:30   #927
FGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post

What has actually shook me is the all black interior for gtx+ which i was initially wanting as the white interiors are difficult to maintain. Now it seems that white interior with red stitching will be something rare.
Completely agree with you. It's too bad Kia didn't offer the GTX+ with all black interiors from the get go. The dual tone interiors is one my biggest dislikes in an otherwise brilliant car.

It's too bad they won't be able to retro fit the all black interiors into the existing ones.
Old 27th May 2020, 19:56   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGP View Post
Completely agree with you. It's too bad Kia didn't offer the GTX+ with all black interiors from the get go. The dual tone interiors is one my biggest dislikes in an otherwise brilliant car.

It's too bad they won't be able to retro fit the all black interiors into the existing ones.
I find the white interior appealing in person as it gives a feeling of airiness. Me and my elder sibling suffer from claustrophobia. Keeping the interiors clean is always a challenge. After a weeks use I have to clean the seats with a cleaner.
Old 27th May 2020, 22:03   #929
BHPian

Autocarindia now confirms the news.

KIA as a new brand in our automotive space sure knows Indian market better than some super old players (Hope Honda and likes are listening because it will be very difficult for them if they don't come off their bubble real soon).

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...pgrades-417434

Last edited by Col Mehta : 27th May 2020 at 22:11.
Old 27th May 2020, 22:18   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
ESS and remote engine start are two features that will be missing to the current top spec owners. Hello Kia seems to be added in the software update. I can still perform engine start through the mobile app. ESS is a safety feature for the other drivers on the road.
The Emergency Signal System (ESS) causes the hazard lights to flash if the driver suddenly brakes when travelling at high speed. I doubt if this feature is present in any of the Seltos variants. Is this getting added now?

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 27th May 2020 at 22:42. Reason: corrections done on few points

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks