Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 12:59   #946
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos variants to get new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This is what confuses me. The HTK+ (and even HTK) already has the centre console, ICE and the MID shroud in gloss black. I couldn't think of any other place which needs gloss black treatment without looking weird.
They will basically add the glossy central panel on the dashboard from the GTK variant.
Attaching a picture for reference-

Kia Seltos : Official Review-images.jpeg
Pratyush2407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 13:38   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Does the HTK+ plus now come with automatic climate control? If not, it's a shame! After paying 16-17 lakhs for a C2 diesel automatic crossover, it's actually expected
This is a must feature in Kia Seltos. This missing feature always makes me think whether to go with Seltos or not.

I am looking forward to buy Seltos in coming months, hope they add this feature soon.
fearless_IN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 14:32   #948
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

hi all,

sorry for such a late post.

This is regarding this gearbox issue.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4761948 (Serious gearbox issue in my Kia Seltos DCT)

I had faced this exact same issue, as sandygordon, in December'2019 twice on a single day but never faced it later on any of my drives. Exact same scenario(gear stuck in D2)

I had raised this issue during my first servicing in December but they couldn't reproduce it.

Now my car has gone today for second servicing. I have asked the Pune KIA service manager to look into it but they are clueless. They are as usual speaking about software update, no errors and stuff. After looking at above post, I have told them explicitly that it's a gear actuator assembly issue. They said they will revert after checking. I am skeptical about their knowledge about this issue.

another topic: Service advisor had called to say that rat has damaged the AC filter and it has to be replaced(cost: 1600). Hope this is not yet another trick to make money during a free servicing job. anybody faced similar experience?

your feedbacks are welcome.

Regards, Nitin
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 15:41   #949
Senior - BHPian

Makes it all the more puzzling when the Kicks gets auto ac from base model at under 10 lakhs.
Old 28th May 2020, 16:09   #950
BHPian

Having automatic opinions in lower variants (htk+ petrol automatic, htx diesel automatic, GTK automatic) would have single handedly made a greater impact than going for stuffs that hardly add value.
Removal of GTK variant from the line up (as claimed) is a disappointment as well. It was the cheapest 4 cylinder turbo petrol model from Hyundai-kia club. Low frills but high performance club.

As explained in the above posts HTK+ variant deserves climate control. And honestly adjustable head rests and lack of arm rest in the rear seat is a terrible omission. They make more sense than having Cruise control or Heartbeat DRLs.

Last edited by Turbokick : 28th May 2020 at 16:11.
Turbokick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:14   #951
BHPian

Incase you guys are wondering what the gloss dashboard looks like. They had initially planned to bring it but for some reason they dropped the idea. Now they might have again come up with the idea of a gloss dashboard. I personally don't like it - seams reflective. Might hamper visibility on the windshield.
These are pictures before the Seltos was launched.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20200528_171227.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20200528_171245.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th May 2020 at 22:52. Reason: no y'all please
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:20   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
No it doesn't. One of major missing feature in an otherwise well-loaded variant.
Could you tell me how the ACC is a huge feature as against the normal HVAC? I have never used ACC, so not aware of it.
Old 28th May 2020, 17:26   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Could you tell me how the ACC is a huge feature as against the normal HVAC? I have never used ACC, so not aware of it.
Automatic Climate control is just gimmicky. I have automatic climate control on both my cars and I never use them. I always prefer my manual customization of airflow and temperature.
Old 28th May 2020, 17:31   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
hi all,
another topic: Service advisor had called to say that rat has damaged the AC filter and it has to be replaced(cost: 1600). Hope this is not yet another trick to make money during a free servicing job. anybody faced similar experience?
AC filter happens to inside the cabin, under the glove box, right? How come rats damaged it? Ask them to open and show the old filter infront of you, before taking a call.
jothishX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:35   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Automatic Climate control is just gimmicky. I have automatic climate control on both my cars and I never use them. I always prefer my manual customization of airflow and temperature.
I would disagree. I use ACC all the time and since I don’t like too cold air even during summer, I like how ACC maintains the set temperature.
During winter & monsoon, the ACC regulates the temperature and air recirculation automatically which removes the mist formed on the inner windshield instantly. With manual HVAC, every time mist is formed, I have to operate all the controls to remove the mist and again back to get hot air.
gopi_rm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:42   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Let me correct myself, ACC is not a huge feature but is a very good to have features in current times when you are paying 1.5 million rupees. Just like cruise control.

That said, till date I have owned cars with manual AC only but have driven several cars with Auto AC. Based on my experience, the auto temperature control is good to have. Unlike my current manual AC, in the ACC you don't have to keep changing the temperature control throughout the day based on the changing outside temperatures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Incase y'all wondering what the gloss dashboard looks like.
I believe that's not the one. Rather they are adding the gloss black piece which runs between the left and right AC vents.

Look at the image shared by BHPian Pratyush, glossy piece just above the glovebox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratyush2407 View Post
They will basically add the glossy central panel on the dashboard from the GTK variant.
Attaching a picture for reference-

Attachment 2011353

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th May 2020 at 17:47.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:53   #957
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Service advisor had called to say that rat has damaged the AC filter and it has to be replaced (cost: 1600). Hope this is not yet another trick to make money during a free servicing job. anybody faced similar experience?
Ask the SA to open the filter box and show the damaged cabin air filter to you, then decide to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
AC filter happens to inside the cabin, under the glove box, right? How come rats damaged it?
They can enter from the cowl panel area which leads into the cabin air filter.

Cowl panel opened for cleaning (outside air enters from area highlighted in yellow into the cabin air filter)
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20190130_170615_copy_1600x900__01.jpg

See that opening leads into the cabin air filter area
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20190130_170720_copy_1600x1200.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 17:54   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Are the ventilated seats actually very helpful in the summers or more of a hyped up feature?
Can the respective users kindly reply?
Old 28th May 2020, 19:05   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Can the respective users kindly reply?
It's indeed very very useful. Guess you're from Delhi - then you'll surely love it. On a very hot day, it's a must.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 20:38   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
It's indeed very very useful. Guess you're from Delhi - then you'll surely love it. On a very hot day, it's a must.
But from a daily use perspective is it worthwhile or good to have?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks