Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 20:40   #961
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ask the SA to open the filter box and show the damaged cabin air filter to you, then decide to buy one.
they showed me(gave me back) the damaged AC air filter when I went to pick the vehicle, will post a picture later. As I was at home when they called there is no way to say whether they did it themselves or used some other damaged filter to show it to me. Yes, rats can enter this area exactly like this...he showed to me. There is a rat menace in my society and hence didn't object too much on it. I have placed tobacco wrapped in cotton cloth at one place and naphthalene balls wrapped in cotton cloth at another place in the engine bay to avoid rats. SA told me that the tobacco smell discourages rats. While I guess that there is this anti-rodent spray available but probably it goes off after a wash? your suggestions please.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2020 at 08:30. Reason: minor typos fixed; compacted quoted post
Old 28th May 2020, 20:45   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Can the respective users kindly reply?
I had taken a test ride of Seltos in January. It was afternoon, however not too hot. But the ventilated seats didn't make much of a difference. I did feel slight tinge of coolness but not a huge difference.

However, a friend's Elantra has much noticeable difference and it felt instantly cooler, when I used them.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 22:55   #963
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kia Seltos variants to get new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Incase you guys are wondering what the gloss dashboard looks like. They had initially planned to bring it but for some reason they dropped the idea. Now they might have again come up with the idea of a gloss dashboard. I personally don't like it - seams reflective. Might hamper visibility on the windshield.
These are pictures before the Seltos was launched.
This is not what is referred to as gloss dashboard. The gloss which has been added is just around the AC vents area.

The photo you are showing is of a prototype car which has the top part of the dash direct from the interior vendor without moulding. A brand new dash will look like that then sent to a machine for adding the texture and grain pattern. Without this its a plain plastic piece.

Obviously like you mentioned this is not driveable as it will reflect light onto the windshield.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 23:44   #964
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos variants to get new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is not what is referred to as gloss dashboard. The gloss which has been added is just around the AC vents area.
I think then the lower part of the dashboard of the same image is the black gloss finish. I remember seeing that in GTK (which is now discontinued)

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2020 at 08:30. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 29th May 2020, 19:43   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Can the respective users kindly reply?
They are definitely get useful in summer. Had it on my dad's Elantra, and when I used to drive the Fluidic I could sense the difference very easily.

Now on the Seltos it's definitely a lifesaver. You don't have sticky backs and underthighs. I use it only in the first setting and it's most useful.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 20:25   #966
BHPian

My Kia diesel has completed around 7,500 kms, HTX + model, when should I think about tyre rotation? And can I do this with the TPMS sensors? As. In should I get it done at Kia or can any tyre shop handle it?
Old 29th May 2020, 20:40   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
My Kia diesel has completed around 7,500 kms, HTX + model, when should I think about tyre rotation? And can I do this with the TPMS sensors? As. In should I get it done at Kia or can any tyre shop handle it?
It is upto you, some follow what the manufacturer recommends i.e. every 10,000 kms whereas some prefer to do it every 5,000 kms.

Any competent tyre store will do it. I prefer doing it every 5,000 kms at MRF T&S centres.

Does the model you have come with internal TPMS?
Old 29th May 2020, 21:07   #968
Senior - BHPian

We've had couple of rare issues reported in our Seltos owner's Whats App group over the past week - by two different owners apparently.

Incident 1 - Brake failure on HTX + Petrol Manual

This guy was driving in cruise set at 60 kmph. On seeing an upcoming red traffic signal, he started to slow down and pressed the clutch pedal to downshift and the cruise got disengaged. Upon pressing the brake pedal , there was absolutely no braking available. He said the pedal felt like a hard wood with no movement or play. He tried slamming it again and again but to no avail - this must have happened for 7-8 seconds. He panicked and was fast approaching the signal. He stayed in 6 th gear itself and managed to pull the hand brake and stopped the car in the nick of time and inches before a two wheeler guy who was with his family with the pillion lady holding a baby in hand. He luckily managed to avert the mishap. The car apparently stalled with assistance from hand brake. He says the rear wheels got locked when it came to a stop. He started the car again, moved slowly and pulled over after the signal and the brake was then found to be operating normally afterwards.

He took the car next day to service centre. They checked the whole braking system and didn't find anything amiss. They checked the logs etc. They drained out the brake fluids and filled with fresh fluids. Owner was told they didn't find any debris or anything of that sort. They did multiple test drives and found everything ok. In fact after that incident at the signal, he never faced the issue thereafter.

Incident 2 - Door Ajar warning on MID while car is on the move

A DCT GTX + Seltos owner had shared this. While the car was on the move at 40 kmph, all of a sudden a warning chime and door ajar warning popped up on the MID. He panicked and upon checking, his driver door was found to be open (in a position where with a little nudge, it could open off totally). This was after he drove around 25 kms after he started. He clearly remembers it was shut properly and he did not stop mid way nor he opened it while on the move.( even while on the move, if you try to open the lock it gets locked by itself immediately). Just before the warning message, he heard a small thud which he presumes was the sound of the door opening. He pulled over and shut the door and warning disappeared.

He's yet to take the car to Kia service centre owing to lockdown. Upon further checks multiple times, the same issue never resurfaced. How can a car's door that's shut properly can mechanically open off while on the move.

What could be the possible causes of these two worrying incidents ? Especially when the service folks couldn't diagnose the root causes. Is there a way one can recover any system logs that can throw light into these incidents? These are rare issues of failure we hear.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 29th May 2020 at 21:19.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 21:11   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
We've had couple of rare issues reported in our Seltos owner's Whats App group over the past week - by two different owners apparently.

Incident 1 - Brake failure on HTX + Manual

This guy was driving in cruise set at 60 kmph. On seeing an upcoming red traffic signal, he started to slow down and pressed the clutch pedal to downshift and the cruise got disengaged. Upon pressing the brake pedal , there was absolutely no braking available. He said the pedal felt like a hard wood with no movement or play. He tried slamming it again and again but to no avail - this must have happened for 7-8 seconds. He panicked and was fast approaching the signal. He stayed in 6 th gear itself and managed to pull the hand brake and stopped the car in the nick of time and inches before a two wheeler guy who was with his family with the pillion lady holding a baby in hand. He luckily managed to avert the mishap. The car apparently stalled with assistance from hand brake. He says the rear wheels got locked when it came to a stop. He started the car again, moved slowly and pulled over after the signal and the brake was then found to be operating normally afterwards.

He took the car next day to service centre. They checked the whole braking system and didn't find anything amiss. They checked the logs etc. They drained out the brake fluids and filled with fresh fluids. Owner was told they didn't find any debris or anything of that sort. They did multiple test drives and found everything ok. In fact after that incident at the signal, he never faced the issue thereafter.
Sincerely hope this isn't an issue of the brake failure which plagued many Cretas. This is the last thing a car like the Seltos needs. The official review reported the brakes to be better than that of its (in) famous Hyundai sibling and I also hope the braking hardware including the ABS module and the master cylinder are different on the Seltos.
Old 29th May 2020, 21:14   #970
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What could be the possible causes of these two worrying incidents?

These are rare issues of failure we hear.
The first incident is seriously worrying because the Creta has a history of issues relating to braking and ABS.

Was hoping that Hyundai (/ Kia) would have resolved all that for the second generation (Seltos too), but the description sounds very familiar.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 22:05   #971
BANNED

Quote:
Incident 1 - Brake failure on HTX+ Petrol Manual
Does this model come with rear drums or discs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Sincerely hope this isn't an issue of the brake failure which plagued many Cretas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The first incident is seriously worrying because the Creta has a history of issues relating to braking and ABS.
I feel it is the same issue that Creta owners are facing especially the first batch - 2015 to early 2017 ones with major complaints coming from 2015 produced units.

Hyundai has turned a blind eye to all emails that have been sent. I also remember a petition also that I had signed on the same issue.

I am sure some Seltos diesel owners once they clock a considerable amount of kilometres (40K+ kms), I am sure the vibration issue will surface too which we 1.6L CRDi Creta owners are facing.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 22:13   #972
BHPian

Quote:
This model come with rear discs
Old 29th May 2020, 22:21   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has discs in rear too. By the way, the variant is HTX (not htx+ as mentioned in my original post)

Quote:
I am sure some Seltos diesel owners once they clock a considerable amount of kilometres (40K+ kms), I am sure the vibration issue will surface too which we 1.6L CRDi Creta owners are facing.
Hi Anurag, Are you referring to vibrations while braking or something else ?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th May 2020 at 05:47. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 29th May 2020, 23:05   #974
BHPian

Quote:
It is upto you, some follow what the manufacturer recommends i.e. every 10,000 kms whereas some prefer to do it every 5,000 kms.

Any competent tyre store will do it. I prefer doing it every 5,000 kms at MRF T&S centres.

Does the model you have come with internal TPMS?
Hey Anurag, yes this is the one with internal TPMS. Will check with my SA then. Thanks mate
Old 29th May 2020, 23:26   #975
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Anurag, Are you referring to vibrations while braking or something else ?
The vibration I'm taking about is related to engine mainly. Link 1 & 2.

Not able to record that humming issue and post it sadly.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks