Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2020, 10:42   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Just read on Autocar that the range topping GTX plus variant is likely to come with all black interiors and contrat red stitching. They should have had this from the beginning itself. The black and beige/grey interior is a dirt magnet and more importantly, does not create a sporty ambience at all. Good upgrade though
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 13:35   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Incident 1 - Brake failure on HTX + Petrol Manual[/u]
And stopped the car in the nick of time and inches before a two wheeler guy who was with his family with the pillion lady holding a baby in hand. He luckily managed to avert the mishap.
It appears that good fortune was on the side of this person. Since we have only one reported case, it maybe too early to conclude but I think owners should be more alert based on this reported issue. This appears to be similar to the Creta braking issue for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
They should have had this from the beginning itself. The black and beige/grey interior is a dirt magnet and more importantly, does not create a sporty ambience at all. Good upgrade though
This is the only option going forward on the top end. One of my friend's is thinking to cancel the booking due to this change as he had liked the earlier color combination. Given the Ventilaed Seats, one has to live with what comes factory fitted.
Old 31st May 2020, 15:07   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
hi all,

sorry for such a late post.

This is regarding this gearbox issue.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4761948 (Serious gearbox issue in my Kia Seltos DCT)
about this issue.

another topic: Service advisor had called to say that rat has damaged the AC filter and it has to be replaced(cost: 1600). Hope this is not yet another trick to make money during a free servicing job. anybody faced similar experience?

your feedbacks are welcome.

Regards, Nitin
Hi. I recently got my first service done from Crystal Auto Bavdhan workshop. The SA assigned to my car mentioned that a lot of SAs from kothari auto have been switched to KIA service.

They didn't push me for any extra service but I felt that the service center is bare minimum. First service was uneventful.

Quote:
We've had couple of rare issues reported in our Seltos owner's Whats App group over the past week - by two different owners apparently.
[u]

Incident 2 - Door Ajar warning on MID while car is on the move

A

What could be the possible causes of these two worrying incidents ? Especially when the service folks couldn't diagnose the root causes. Is there a way one can recover any system logs that can throw light into these incidents? These are rare issues of failure we hear.
Few days back even I had a similar experience. My car started chiming after covering 2 kms or so and was showing my front passenger side door open. It wasnt open but i opened and shut anyway.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4804461 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Old 31st May 2020, 15:44   #979
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos added features document.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200531154148_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200531154219_chrome.jpg

https://www.carandbike.com/news/my20...cument-2238122
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 21:30   #980
Senior - BHPian

All the changes in the form of image representation.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0054.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0053.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0052.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0051.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0050.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0049.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0048.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0047.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0046.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0045.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0044.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0042.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200531wa0041.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 31st May 2020 at 21:36.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 00:04   #981
AYP
Senior - BHPian

These are welcome changes to the Seltos. However, instead of adding stuff stuff like gloss black dashboard and dual muffler to the best selling variant HTK+, they should have offered an ACC which is perhaps the only significant miss in an otherwise, very well kitted variant.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 09:03   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia Seltos added features document.
Is this already available on older gen pre facelift cars? The voice commands I mean.
Old 1st June 2020, 09:04   #983
BHPian

There will be a set of people for whom ACC is an unmissable feature. Kia must be hoping that they'll upgrade to the next higher variant. Absence of a very commonly used feature will be more annoying than presence of a whole lot of unused feature. Cruise control will be useful for a minority of scenarios.
Old 1st June 2020, 10:21   #984
BHPian

Availability of the sunroof in the HTX variant will attract more customers now. HTK+ is one of the most value for money variant in the Seltos line up and it also attracts customers buying top end variants of the sub 4 meter SUV's.
But Kia should have added Automatic Climate Control in the HTK+. Not that ACC offeres convinence but it enhances the overall cockpit's look. Manual A/C knobs look ugly and cheap in atleast mid level variant. On the other hand Hyundai has done a very good job in offering ACC in the S variant and a panoramic sunroof in the SX variant.
Sahilrai166 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 11:29   #985
BHPian

Attachment 2012268

Attachment 2012269

If we read the new feature list document carefully, seems like following variant changes have been made:

1. GTK is gone. Which means the entry point for Turbo Petrol has been raised by a substantial amount and will only come pretty much fully kitted now in GTX

2. GTX DCT is gone. DCT can only be had in top spec GTX plus now which again increases the entry point for DCT by a substantial amount.

Seems like the objective is to make turbo petrol option come fully kitted with all bells and whistles and all the safety options available on Seltos.

Also, a customer wanting a turbo petrol will buy a turbo petrol only and wouldnt convert their booking to NA engine option and therefore seems like a good strategy by Kia to get the customer to shell a lac or so more than he / she might have intended to
VS1811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 12:51   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices seem to have gone up, based on the Kia website model configurator.

HTK+ Diesel Auto, whose launch price was 13.19 lakhs, was subsequently increased by Rs. 35K to 13.54 lakhs in January this year.

Now, the price has again been increased by Rs. 15K to 13.69 lakhs! I know there are few additional aesthetic trims added (leatherette gear knob, different rear muffler design, glossy finish on a dashboard panel etc.). However, the successive price hikes seem quite steep and disproportionate to the value added. I am not sure they can sustain demand by being greedy in such difficult times. Instead of offering better value by bringing features from a higher variant to a lower variant, they are keeping the variants essentially the same and adding only small cosmetic bits and pieces and increasing price
Attached Images

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st June 2020 at 12:58.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:44   #987
BHPian

Quote:

Incident 2 - Door Ajar warning on MID while car is on the move

While the car was on the move at 40 kmph, all of a sudden a warning chime and door ajar warning popped up on the MID.... This was after he drove around 25 kms after he started. He clearly remembers it was shut properly and he did not stop mid way nor he opened it while on the move.
I had exactly the same issue once. (HTK+ D MT)
Till now I was kind of confused, doubting myself for not closing the door properly (although auto door lock should not have engaged in the first place if door was not shut properly). Now after reading this I am sure it was a software malfunction or something. Didn't bothered to report this to service center as it never happened again.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:52   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Prices seem to have gone up, based on the Kia website model configurator.
It's been very clear since the launch of Seltos that Kia was solely focussing on selling their top trims. I feel it's time to rejig that strategy. With the market gloom and not so positive customer sentiments, Kia should ramp up their low end and mid variants' production as more and more people are either downgrading their budget or keeping their big purchases in abeyance or even reneging the plan altogether.

Kia is better placed in that sense as their Sonet is coming just at the right time. I hear from few dealer sources that it's slated to come in July-August. In few months, that's going to be their bread winner. They can look to convert those prospects into Sonet who're backing out owing to the price factor of Seltos, though it's not from same segment. No better time than this for Sonet to come with a bang just like what Seltos did to a market that has been staring down the barrel.

Most new purchases are expected to take place in entry level hatches and sub 10 lakh segment as more people look for personal transport since the pandemic threat still looms large and far from over.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 1st June 2020 at 14:11.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 16:23   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Now, the price has again been increased by Rs. 15K to 13.69 lakhs! I know there are few additional aesthetic trims added (leatherette gear knob, different rear muffler design, glossy finish on a dashboard panel etc.). However, the successive price hikes seem quite steep and disproportionate to the value added.
I agree with you. As a Diesel HTK+ AT variant owner, I feel that the most important things that are missing in this variant is auto climate control and telescopic steering. I would have justified the price hike if they had added these two features instead of those cosmetic changes. I don't think anyone is going to bother about cosmetic things like dual muffler design, leatherette gear knob, etc. Those can be installed from the dealer or third parties at any point of time.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st June 2020 at 16:25.
Old 1st June 2020, 16:54   #990
BHPian

I dont think a lot about ACC in HTK+ but my only grouse is that KIA didn't provide rear disc brakes in HTK+ Petrol. Not even as an optional choice. I never really got the convenience of ACC. I used to own SX4 ZXI and ZDI and currently own an Aria. All three cars have ACC and I found no special difference in operation between manual and auto ac. Or maybe the same wasn't properly implemented the three cars.

While buying HTK+ it made zero impact on the model choice in my case. What I don't understand is that just for 3 Variants they are not providing Rear disc brakes while for other 10+ variants they are.

Last edited by psbali : 1st June 2020 at 16:56. Reason: Rephrased

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks