Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2020, 19:36   #1066
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Spotted the Kia Seltos here in Houston yesterday. It was the "Seltos S".

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_2540.jpg
panamera13 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 19:36   #1067
Senior - BHPian

With so many variants out there for Seltos, there are many omissions and additions of features in each of them. For many, sometimes it boils down to which feature that one can't live without or something which one really likes to have while zeroing in on the variant. In that context, I would like to put forward this question to fellow bhpians and Seltos owners.

What are the top 5 features that you like/want the most in the whole range of Seltos? Besides, the 2 features which one finds it futile.

Here's my top 5.

1) Diesel Auto box.
2) Wireless Charging.
3) Remote engine start/stop.
4) Smart Air Purifier.
5) 10" infotainment screen.

Two features I find it futile.

1) Sound mood lighting.
2) Rear seat recline.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 19:58   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
What are the top 5 features that you like/want the most in the whole range of Seltos? Besides, the 2 features which one finds it futile.
Great question sir! I own a GTX+ Manual, and here are some of the features I liked:
1) 6 Airbags
2) 360° Camera
3) TC & ESP
4) Smart Air Purifier.
5) 10" infotainment screen.

The feature I find futile:
1) Sound mood lighting.

The Feature I want:
1) Cooled Glovebox
2) Illuminated Passenger Window Switches
BZ25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 23:57   #1069
BHPian

I walked into a kia store and I was in for a surprise! They were good enough to greet me and assign me an intern? (Atleast I hope it was an intern to cut him some slack!) It was weird that their own sales executive was confused with the models and features.
Basic answers about warranty, safety features and other important features like brakes on the steed used were missed while he was really enthusiastic to show the ice cube leds. Weird but ok! I do my homework and that's always helped. If I were at the mercy of executives I would be getting subwoofers on a petrol htx trim! Who wouldn't want that?
However, he got in the team lead to help me out at one point where I was thinking about sealing the deal only post test drive. But things got worse!

They apparently do not have any 1.5 petrol manual at all for test drive! I was affirmative that if I don't get a test drive for the engine and transmission I want there's no way I would take kia seriously enough to spend my money. He tried slipping me a deal for test drive, where he would let me drive a new vehicle! I was in shock when he proposed this, I clearly asked him to explain by being dumb and he says "when we get new petrol manual 1.5 for delivery we will call you up and let you take a test drive only for a km" this moment i knew even if I were to buy a kia it's not going to be this dealer. I was shocked by this proposal and I made it clear to him that I will not entertain such antics. He has now agreed to try arranging a TD vehicle from another dealer who has the 1.5 manual.

Anyone planning to pick their vehicle from Bangalore JP Nagar KIA please verify your cars at delivery and do a thorough PDI as well. It's really sad on how dealers operate. But no one deserves their new cars to be used for TD.
Let's see if they can deliver a TD in the first place, if I had to book a car with this dealer I'll probably track every inch and mm that car will move from the factory to my home!

Last edited by bhansali_hardik : 14th June 2020 at 00:01.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 05:11   #1070
BHPian

Need a little detail on the Uvo connectivity tech features as the SA was quite vague. Is the feature worth all the hype and exactly are the benefits in the real world.
Have decided to book a black colour HTX ivt just want to make sure the extra features are worth the price.
What type of upholstery does the Htx ivt model have?
I am really excited just need a little reassurance before committing the money for a booking. Thanks guys.
Old 14th June 2020, 08:13   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Need a little detail on the Uvo connectivity tech features as the SA was quite vague. Is the feature worth all the hype and exactly are the benefits in the real world.
Have decided to book a black colour HTX ivt just want to make sure the extra features are worth the price.
What type of upholstery does the Htx ivt model have?
I am really excited just need a little reassurance before committing the money for a booking. Thanks guys.
UVO Connect is basically viewing your car health report to detect any faults in your car. The phone app will also remind you for your next servicing, fuels changes, filter change, etc. You can remote start/stop your vehicle (not drive it), unlock/lock and view status if your car is locked or what's your range.
You are free to track your live location of the car (its like uber/ola) and set a geo fencing. Every car trip is recorded that shows where your car has traveled and which routes had been taken. If your car is stolen, you can file an FIR where you can send the code through UVO to activate the immobilizer (car is stopped in the middle of grand theft auto ). UVO is identical to Hyundai's blue link.

HTX will provide you a leatherette upholstery in beige and for the 2020 model year you get an added sunroof.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th June 2020 at 12:06. Reason: As requested.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 19:06   #1072

Thinking to buy KIA SELTOS GTX+ DIESEL AUTOMATIC

My first thread, please feel free to advise. I have been waiting for a hyundai creta upgrade for a long time now and finally when it is here, the design is a disaster when compared to the previous model. Atleast for me. I wanted to have a mini SUV for myself with a little of luxury points in the cabin and hyundai is all I could as for. With Seltos making good progress this segment I am bound to move towards it. Is there any other option people would like to suggest which is equally good and affordable in this segment?? For your knowledge, I have been using the first i20 model ever since 2010 and I still love the looks of it when compared to the ongoing model now.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:33   #1073
BHPian

Re: Thinking to buy KIA SELTOS GTX+ DIESEL AUTOMATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
My first thread, please feel free to advise. I have been waiting for a hyundai creta upgrade for a long time now and finally when it is here, the design is a disaster when compared to the previous model. Atleast for me. I wanted to have a mini SUV for myself with a little of luxury points in the cabin and hyundai is all I could as for. With Seltos making good progress this segment I am bound to move towards it. Is there any other option people would like to suggest which is equally good and affordable in this segment?? For your knowledge, I have been using the first i20 model ever since 2010 and I still love the looks of it when compared to the ongoing model now.
Honestly, fundamentals are the same but in like to like variants, Creta trumps with better safety gear. Like even the top end spec diesel manual kia Seltos has only 2 airbags and no ESP.

This and a panoramic sunroof as a placebo would give the creta an edge.

Outward appearance though Kia trumps over the bad looking creta anyday
Old 16th June 2020, 10:51   #1074

Does anybody have an idea about the state wise tax consideration where a lot people had signed a petition to have one nation one tax implemented. I live in Bangalore now and was planning for a seltos gtx+ diesel automatic. If I buy the car here it is costing me around 22 lakhs but if I buy it in states like jharkhand I will end up paying 18.5 lakhs for the same model. Will I have issues using it here in Bangalore and will I have to do a registration process again if I purchase it from outside state?
Old 16th June 2020, 12:47   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Does anybody have an idea about the state wise tax consideration where a lot people had signed a petition to have one nation one tax implemented. I live in Bangalore now and was planning for a seltos gtx+ diesel automatic. If I buy the car here it is costing me around 22 lakhs but if I buy it in states like jharkhand I will end up paying 18.5 lakhs for the same model. Will I have issues using it here in Bangalore and will I have to do a registration process again if I purchase it from outside state?
You can register your car in Jharkand and use it in Karnataka for a short period of time with a pass from the RTO.
If you plan on using the car for a longer period of time, you will have to register the car in Karataka and pay the differential tax. If you don't do so, there are heavy penalties that can be levied.
You cannot save tax this way.
Old 17th June 2020, 02:17   #1076
BHPian

The Apple CarPlay has been acting funny lately. It works fine for some time then stops reading the phone altogether. The phone is getting charged meanwhile but you cannot see it in the infotainment screen.
This issue is creeping up more frequently. During the first check up at 1000 km I told them about my concern and they checked but since it already had the latest software update they couldn’t do much.
OTOH when connected via Bluetooth there is no issue.

Any one facing similar issues?
Old 17th June 2020, 03:15   #1077

[My first post @ team-bhp]

I own GTX+ DCT. Did Noida – Sariska Tiger Reserve(too naïve to take my new car on a jungle safari till temple on the forest hill), Delhi - Kankyakumari (~10k kms over a month) & Noida - Shimla so far on it.

I did a lot of reading on team-bhp before I bought Kia Seltos and thus feel responsible to share my part with the community. To start with wanted to add my mileage experience from time I started recording.

I must say I am kind of regretting buying Petrol model given the amount of kms I am doing on it. But 10 yrs Diesel vs 15 yrs of Petrol in NCR might justify my decision (or not, I dream to do Delhi - London | Delhi - Singapore someday) While driving it passionately has been putting a dent in my pocket but the increased power etc has definitely made me feel more confident on the road though.

The following values were taken during refills at the petrol pumps:
Delhi - Kanyakumari (via West Coast) - Delhi (via East Coast)
*missing initial records from 0 to 7452 kms I think till Goa / Mangalore
Rs 3200 @ 7452 kms
ES 4100 @ 7844 kms
Rs 3000 @ 8307 kms
Rs 3000 @ 8698 kms
Rs 3000 @ 9038 kms
Ra 3000 @ 9438 kms
Rs 3000 @ 9811 kms
Rs 3000 @ 10195 kms
Rs 3000 @ 10602 kms
Rs 1570 @ 10845 kms
Delhi - Shimla - Delhi
Rs 3000 @ 11308 kms
Rs 3000 @ 11672 kms
Rs 1000 @ 12072 kms
NCR during Lockdown
Rs 3360 @ 12174 kms
Rs 3013 @ 12612 kms

I know these are not the best values for analysis as the petrol price differs drastically from state to state and so did the terrain, this is quick dirty work while not impacting reaching the next destination on time. Though suggestions/templates are welcome on how I can make my reading taking more effective.

All three free services were done at 1100, 6500 & 12100 km respectively.

p.s.: I have million more things to share about the car (and highways of India) but I guess one step at a time.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th June 2020 at 04:41. Reason: Formatted to remove quote tags.
utsav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 07:25   #1078
Senior - BHPian

I had a problem with JP Nagar Kia (Bengaluru) right from day one (of their opening here). It was sheer high-handedness. The new cars had arrived but genuine customers were not allowed to see it. Influential locals/relatives/their friends were all over the cars in the basement, (but not the actual buyers). We needed two cars, since both me and my friend were looking to buy. They took full details, but not a single call back. In fact this dealership was worse than Tata in the 'sales' department. Surprising, for a new launch! Not a single test drive was offered in the coming days, and when my brother went to check the car (on another day), the TD car was really dirty and there were scratches all over. He politely declined. Even the manager doesn't care. Since I genuinely wanted this new brand to do well, I did not put this out here back then, but situation seems to have gotten far worse. The car is a runaway success, (and the showroom rode on the wave), but the slowdown is exposing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I walked into a kia store and I was in for a surprise! They were good enough to greet me and assign me an intern? (Atleast I hope it was an intern to cut him some slack!) It was weird that their own sales executive was confused with the models and features. Basic answers about warranty, safety features and other important features like brakes on the steed used were missed while he was really enthusiastic to show the ice cube leds. Weird but ok! I do my homework and that's always helped. If I were at the mercy of executives I would be getting subwoofers on a petrol htx trim! Who wouldn't want that?
However, he got in the team lead to help me out at one point where I was thinking about sealing the deal only post test drive. But things got worse!

They apparently do not have any 1.5 petrol manual at all for test drive! I was affirmative that if I don't get a test drive for the engine and transmission I want there's no way I would take kia seriously enough to spend my money. He tried slipping me a deal for test drive, where he would let me drive a new vehicle! I was in shock when he proposed this, I clearly asked him to explain by being dumb and he says "when we get new petrol manual 1.5 for delivery we will call you up and let you take a test drive only for a km" this moment i knew even if I were to buy a kia it's not going to be this dealer. I was shocked by this proposal and I made it clear to him that I will not entertain such antics. He has now agreed to try arranging a TD vehicle from another dealer who has the 1.5 manual.

Anyone planning to pick their vehicle from Bangalore JP Nagar KIA please verify your cars at delivery and do a thorough PDI as well. It's really sad on how dealers operate. But no one deserves their new cars to be used for TD.
Let's see if they can deliver a TD in the first place, if I had to book a car with this dealer I'll probably track every inch and mm that car will move from the factory to my home!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_8316.jpg  

Old 17th June 2020, 17:24   #1079
Senior - BHPian

This is the extended warranty which Kia is offering for Seltos. I just feel the "not covered" list far exceeds the "covered" list. It's surprising to note that there's no warranty on audio system, AV, AVNT, catalytic converter etc. No warranty on paint too. I read somewhere the Bose system costs close to a lakh. I just wonder if the EW is framed in such a way that it protects the manufacturer and the ball is very much in their court if a legal tussle arises.

It appears like one should rely on the goodwill gesture of the manufacturer, if God forbid any expensive components conks up on your face one fine day than the cover of EW.

Are these reasonable T&C or the extended warranty is an eye wash ?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200617171313_drive.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 17th June 2020 at 17:28.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 17:31   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
This is the extended warranty which Kia is offering for Seltos. I just feel the "not covered" list far exceeds the "covered" list. It's surprising to note that there's no warranty on audio system, AV, AVNT, catalytic converter etc. No warranty on paint too. I read somewhere the Bose system costs close to a lakh. I just wonder if the EW is framed in such a way that it protects the manufacturer and the ball is very much in their court if a legal tussle arises.

It appears like one should rely on the goodwill gesture of the manufacturer, if God forbid any expensive components conks up on your face one fine day than the cover of EW.

Are these reasonable T&C or the extended warranty is an eye wash ?
The dealer had stated that any defects in the car shall be fixed under warranty. As of now there was defects spotted in the car.
My car had damaged in flood and the Bose system is dead and it is costing near a lakh for replacement. Insurance has been claimed. The ventilated seats for both the seats are summing up to a very expensive bill. I haven't got back my car due to delay of spares.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 17th June 2020 at 18:14. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed