Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:13   #1096
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Thanks @blueeyed

Agree! Long term reliability of AT and safety features were the main driving factors for choosing GTX+. Diesel engine was just a byproduct of this choice. Too bad that Kia didnt provide any suitable option for moderate users like us who prefer petrol engines with reliable automatic and safety features. However, Creta 2020 got its variant right with its SX and IVT, but it had its own shortcomings.

The waiting period for our booking got interlocked with lockdown situation. So it was not an ideal waiting period for reference. We had booked our car in the last week of Feb and got the delivery in first week of June. According to my SA, waiting period depends on the choice of engine and color too. Whites and Reds are fast moving colors compared to other color options. Also, when I visited the stockyard for PDI, mine was the only D-AT in GTX+ among the sea of DCT's. This lot had majority of Steel Silvers too, so I guess it happens in batches of color options and DCT is the most popular variant of GT trims!

In my opinion, the time period between booking and allotment is one area where I felt Kia can improve the transparency. Agreed there was lockdown in between and I also dont know how manufacturing process and allotment procedures work. When I could get SMS updates for visiting showroom and for taking test drives, my expectation as a customer was that I could track the status update of my car at a broader level. Even their website didn't show any info with my booking reference id or customer id. All along, the SA was eager to swap someone else's allotment to me if I was flexible with color choice! However we didnt opt for it and decided to wait for a freshly minted car.
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:41   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezshah View Post

1. I happened to sit on the backseat of the car specifically on the right side and noticed some noise especially on the bad roads, not sure if its from the parcel tray or from the suspension/tyre. I am not hearing it while sitting on left side of the rear seat.
Parcel tray issue is still there, I took delivery in March when many had confirmed that the issue was solved from factory. They added a small pad in my last service. Still the rattling is there. You can talk to NCS guys (assuming you took from there) and ask them to fix it

Quote:
2. I am planning to upgrade the Space Saver Spare wheel to the regular size ie 215/60/R17 by exchanging. I was wondering if the spare wheel is already equipped with TPMS.
No TPMS in spare tyre. Cars like XUV300 has got TPMS in spare as well
jothishX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:20   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Congrats and welcome to both T-BHP and Kia Seltos family.
Thanks Stribog for your wishes and suggestions ! will follow them.

Yeah, I have learnt from other posts in this thread that using normal BS6 diesel is very important for avoiding DPF issues. Hence I was searching for sourcing authentic BS6 diesel fuel. The other day I saw a IOC COCO station proudly displaying a banner with BS6 availability. May be I will try that next time, although I still prefer Shell if I could get similar confirmation.

One good thing I noticed is that media player can play FLAC format files. I could dust off my old FLAC collection, load it on a USB stick and play the high quality music. Bose speakers with little tweak to equalizers sounds heavenly. The natural sound production, tonal quality and subtle bass are just fantastic!! Playing FM or streaming or mp3 just doesnt do justice to this system
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:10   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettomanish View Post
Dear fellow members,

I need your assistance to handle the recent problem with my HTK+ Petrol variant. On Saturday (1st Feb) morning, the MIL - malfunction indicator lamp started glowing and post drive it didn't go despite switching off and on the engine for 3 times.

Thank you
Facing the same same issue in my Diesel Manual Kia. I called the UVO helpline from the car - they transferred me to their technical team after a wait of about 10 minutes. The advisor sounded like he had never heard of the engine light issue earlier. I told him that a lot people have a similar issue it seems when I googled it. His only advice was take the car to the workshop. Now the nearest workshop in Mumbai is about 60 kms away, so I don't know if I should bother with this right way or wait for some time, as the car is driving fine currently.
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:25   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Facing the same same issue in my Diesel Manual Kia. I called the UVO helpline from the car - they transferred me to their technical team after a wait of about 10 minutes. The advisor sounded like he had never heard of the engine light issue earlier. I told him that a lot people have a similar issue it seems when I googled it. His only advice was take the car to the workshop. Now the nearest workshop in Mumbai is about 60 kms away, so I don't know if I should bother with this right way or wait for some time, as the car is driving fine currently.
Guess yours is a diesel Seltos. If so, Refer post #669 on DPF warning light or Engine warning light issue in Diesel seltos

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4771540 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 11:45   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
Parcel tray issue is still there, I took delivery in March when many had confirmed that the issue was solved from factory. They added a small pad in my last service. Still the rattling is there. You can talk to NCS guys (assuming you took from there) and ask them to fix it

No TPMS in spare tyre. Cars like XUV300 has got TPMS in spare as well

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is the Parcel tray noise audible when sat on the right side only? or should i be worried for any suspension issue?

Do you happen to know any place @Trivandrum where I could exchange the space saver spare wheel for the regular sized tyre? I have enquired at New Bharath Tyres and some accessories shops, they don't have any exchange option.
aneezshah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 12:43   #1102
BHPian

@aneezshah, I've heard the parcel tray issue while sitting in the driver seat only. Never got a chance to sit in the back. I'll be trying to fix it with two double sided tape on top of each other to cushion the parcel tray.
I'm also not sure if anybody in tvm will be willing to take take the space saver tyre. You can try olx.
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:17   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
@aneezshah, I've heard the parcel tray issue while sitting in the driver seat only. Never got a chance to sit in the back. I'll be trying to fix it with two double sided tape on top of each other to cushion the parcel tray.
I'm also not sure if anybody in tvm will be willing to take take the space saver tyre. You can try olx.
A genius diy here (forget his username) found a different fix, it worked for me.

The issue also could be a rusted rear seat hold.

Move the rear seat forward (like you would if you want more boot space), and the hinges that secure the rear seat, apply thick black tape and push the seat back.

No noise.
Old 26th June 2020, 08:56   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
This situation wouldn't arise once we're on BS 6. The car should run without any DPF or engine light warning till it goes for scheduled service (every 10 k). With the BS 6 diesel containing only 1/5 th of sulphur content as against BS 4 diesel , this active regeneration may well be a maintenance activity every 20k kms or so or even more. That's just my guess

Yes they would bill the customer just like in any other scheduled maintenance.
Finally I've found a post regarding the effects of DPF and SCR. Exactly, the active regen is responsible for burning fuel to increase exhaust gas temp to burn off soot in the DPF. But my questions are as follows:

- Actual DPF regen cycles experienced by buyers (pretty sure passive regen is only possible only during highway driving)

- Cost of a new DPF (online search revealed Rs 30-40k), as driving with the DPF choked light on may result in permanent damage

- Effects of poor quality diesel on BS6 diesel engine components? I remember way back when tractors came equipped with rotary fuel pumps, many struggled with poor quality diesel available in rural areas. Whereas the ones with a simple inline mechanical pump didn't.

- Which cars are equipped with LNT instead of SCR so that they don't require DEF?
Old 26th June 2020, 10:00   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is the Parcel tray noise audible when sat on the right side only? or should i be worried for any suspension issue?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
A genius diy here (forget his username) found a different fix, it worked for me.
Thank you! The fix link is here (DIY: Fixing the Kia Seltos' rear seat rattle).
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 19:33   #1106

Hello, people. I just want to know what cover, if any, are you using for your Seltos? Is the Seltos Cover by Kia (original accessory) good enough? Are there any drawbacks to it?

Also, is Dupont Tyvek covers available for Seltos (if yes, link please).

Thanks a bunch in anticipation of your replies.
Old 28th June 2020, 08:59   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Hello, people. I just want to know what cover, if any, are you using for your Seltos? Is the Seltos Cover by Kia (original accessory) good enough? Are there any drawbacks to it?

Also, is Dupont Tyvek covers available for Seltos (if yes, link please).

Thanks a bunch in anticipation of your replies.
Hi,

I am not using any cover on my Seltos. But, I have ordered a Dupont Tyvek cover for my Grand i10 Nios, it costed almost 3k and has just arrived. Will post a feedback once I use it.

Here's link to Seltos Dupont Tyvek cover.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082VKH9XC/..._vD65EbMZWE6Y2
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 14:57   #1108

Hi Guys !
I have booked a Kia Seltos GTX plus AT Diesel in march. Then due to lockdown it was delayed , now as per the car sale effected due to this situation. I am looking to squeeze out a best deal from it . Need help regarding the same from you guys as they are not giving any discounts on the car price nor are they giving any free accessories.
Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 17:17   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
Hi Guys !
I have booked a Kia Seltos GTX plus AT Diesel in march. Then due to lockdown it was delayed , now as per the car sale effected due to this situation. I am looking to squeeze out a best deal from it . Need help regarding the same from you guys as they are not giving any discounts on the car price nor are they giving any free accessories.
Thanks
Since you have already made the booking you will have a tough time cracking this. Try with some other dealers and get the final offers from them, compare and then decide what to do. In the meantime ask the dealer with whom you have made the booking that you want it to remain on hold for a week.
Old 29th June 2020, 16:44   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post

I am looking to squeeze out a best deal from it .
As I understand from my SA, Seltos still has long delivery backlog and they are still maintaining good rate of conversion of enquiries to sales. Hence discounts/offers are hard to come by, either on the car price or the accessories. The only options to save some money are
- dont opt for the default accessories kit, choose only the important ones
- dont opt for unlimited km warranty, instead choose the other option
- insurance is one area which is entirely in the hands of the dealer. Get a quote from outside and negotiate with the dealer or go with outside insurance, although take a call based on the feature comparison between Kia insurance and the outside one
- also make sure that TCS is charged at 0.75% and not 1%. Now the rates have been reduced by the govt

All these cumulatively will result in significant savings off the final price

Last edited by mankuthimma : 29th June 2020 at 17:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks