Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd July 2020, 11:33   #1186
BHPian

Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Can some please comment on the led headlights and fog lamps available on HTX / GTX varients.

How good is the low beam spread and high beam reach ?

How good are these led lamps on rain ?

The ice cube fog lamps looks really cool, how well does it add up to the high beam and low beam ?

will be really great if someone could share some pics of both the beams to get a better idea. TIA
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:38   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Can some please comment on the led headlights and fog lamps available on HTX / GTX varients.
Headlights look stunning. But functionality.. not so great.

Quote:
How good is the low beam spread and high beam reach ?
Headlights, at best can be called adequate. Of course you would have to fiddle a bit with the headlamp leveler. But, you will struggle with lights coming on the opposite side. Nothing like yellow/warm color beams.

Quote:
How good are these led lamps on rain ?
White color beams do not help at all.

Quote:
The ice cube fog lamps looks really cool, how well does it add up to the high beam and low beam ?
It certainly aids in visibility. It certainly lights up the immediate front of the car. But, not sure how it would help in foggy conditions itself. But, yes, helps in rains.

I hear the new Creta's 3 lamp LEDs perform better.
OrangeCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:57   #1188
BHPian

Guys, I need some advice.
I have a 4 year old Brezza Zdi, done 48k kms and needs tire replacement.

I am planning to replace it with a Kia Seltos.

I am unable to decide between the Diesel Auto and the Petrol DCT.

In NOIDA. I have test driven both and liked the diesel. Plus, the DCT has all black interiors which I didn't like.

Petrol price is currently less than diesel in Delhi.

What to buy? Majority of running is in Delhi NCR region city traffic only. For highway runs, I have bigger cars.
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:29   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, I need some advice.
I have a 4 year old Brezza Zdi, done 48k kms and needs tire replacement.
I am planning to replace it with a Kia Seltos.
Why not simply replace the tyres & use the car for another few years? The Brezza ZDi is a good car!
Quote:
In NOIDA. I have test driven both and liked the diesel. Plus, the DCT has all black interiors which I didn't like.
You liked driving the diesel. You don't like the interiors of the DCT Petrol. The DCT might in future cause overheating due to primary use being in city traffic. So basically the only thing positive about the petrol variant is that currently petrol is cheaper than diesel in Delhi. I don't think there should be much of a dilemma here. If you liked the diesel variant - thats what you should buy. If you are going to decide based on the fuel price - you might as well just stick with the Brezza.
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:23   #1190
BHPian

Default Kia Seltos : Official Review

I am bored with the brezza. The turbo lag doesn't help things either. Though it is remapped.

Petrol / diesel price is not a concern. If fuel price was a big concern, I would not be driving a Mercedes V6 diesel in Delhi .
However the reliability is. The DCT, I test drove also has lag. And the gearbox is always ready to move up a gear.

I am confused between the Diesel and petrol. I had booked the VW T-ROC and am going to cancel it today as even though it is a great car, but just too small. Esp when driving around with family.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 23rd July 2020 at 10:24.
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:34   #1191
BHPian

Quote:

What to buy? Majority of running is in Delhi NCR region city traffic only. For highway runs, I have bigger cars.
Any reservations regarding the 10 year vs 15 year validity of a diesel vs petrol car plus rock bottom resale price one fetch on a diesel car in NCR today?

If no go for a diesel!
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:20   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Headlights look stunning. But functionality.. not so great.
Thank you OrangeCar for the replies. That is exactly what I had doubted.

I travel more at night, so the preference is more towards functionality than the looks.

Being a complete led unit, I think the possibilities of an upgrade also will be very limited.

Any fellow Seltos owners who can help me with some pics ? Preferrably the view from the driver seat at night.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:41   #1193
BHPian

Hi folks,

I have a Kia seltos booking done with JSP KIA, Hosur road. But due to personal reasons no longer wanted to proceed with the purchase. I requested them to cancel the booking and refund the amount on 14-May and still waiting for the refund. None of my emails has been answered. Can anyone please help with KIA India customer service email where I can add to escalate.

Regards
SE
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:31   #1194
BHPian

Folks, I recently drove my HTK on a highway. It was dark and raining. This is how the DRVM looked. Should have gone for HTK+ instead of HTK which has a rear wiper.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200718wa0008_2.jpg
papr23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:03   #1195
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
Folks, I recently drove my HTK on a highway. It was dark and raining. This is how the DRVM looked. Should have gone for HTK+ instead of HTK which has a rear wiper.
Isn't this the reverse camera that is mounted above the registration plate with its display connected to the HU?

Not sure how would having the wiper helped unless you are using the rear view camera as a RVM.
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:10   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't this the reverse camera that is mounted above the registration plate with its display connected to the HU?
Not sure how would having the wiper helped unless you are using the rear view camera as a RVM.
I think what he meant is the DRVM cannot replace the visibility through rear windscreen with rear wiper so if he had the variant equipped with the same he won't be facing the visibility issues.

Last edited by sv97 : 23rd July 2020 at 19:18.
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:19   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
Is the rear view camera mounted inside the rear glass? Usually the camera is near the number plate well hidden.

Quote:
I am bored with the brezza. The turbo lag doesn't help things either. Though it is remapped.
Seems like the Harrier is the only answer to your problem. Do try it out, the torque convertor is superbly mated to the excellent diesel engine and it is big enough ( since you felt the T-roc to be too small). I understand, owning a Merc you may be brand conscious but please do consider the Harrier and check it out.
Alternatively, the Seltos diesel +TC is also very well mated, should not have the lag you felt in the DCT, maybe owners can pitch in here. The only thing, Seltos is similar in size to T-roc so that problem remains, hence the Harrier suggestion .

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd July 2020 at 20:02. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:36   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you OrangeCar for the replies. That is exactly what I had doubted.

I travel more at night, so the preference is more towards functionality than the looks.

Being a complete led unit, I think the possibilities of an upgrade also will be very limited.

Any fellow Seltos owners who can help me with some pics ? Preferrably the view from the driver seat at night.
I have driven on highways extensively at night in the Seltos (1k total of the 5k done) and I very honestly found that it lit the road brilliantly. Haven't driven it on the highway, in rains, at night (only rains in the city) so can't really comment
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:49   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Yes, it's the reverse camera connected to HU.
Do you know if there is a wiper for rear camera as an accessory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I think what he meant is the DRVM cannot replace the visibility through rear windscreen with rear wiper so if he had the variant equipped with the same he won't be facing the visibility issues.
Right! That is what I meant. DRVM cannot replace the rear wiper for improving visibility through the rear windscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Is the rear view camera mounted inside the rear glass? Usually the camera is near the number plate well hidden.
It is the rear view camera which is above the number plate. I used DRVM for the first time while it is raining and I was surprised to see the droplets.
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:59   #1200
BHPian

Default Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Seems like the Harrier is the only answer to your problem. Do try it out, the torque convertor is superbly mated to the excellent diesel engine and it is big enough ( since you felt the T-roc to be too small). I understand, owning a Merc you may be brand conscious but please do consider the Harrier and check it out.

Alternatively, the Seltos diesel +TC is also very well mated, should not have the lag you felt in the DCT, maybe owners can pitch in here. The only thing, Seltos is similar in size to T-roc so that problem remains, hence the Harrier suggestion .

I am looking for a city runabout car. So, no to Harrier. As its too big. My other daily driver is a Fortuner auto.

T-ROC is seriously cramped. Brezza in comparison is spacious and comfortable.
Booking the Seltos HTX + diesel AT, tomorrow morning.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 23rd July 2020 at 20:00.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed