Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 18:04   #1231
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hello All,

Has anyone tried replacing the perfume cartridge of the seltos present in the air purifier?
My seltos will be a year-old by September and the perfume smell is not up to mark these days.
Old 6th August 2020, 19:30   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Interesting point here, I would suggest to add this rodent bite option in Tata AIG if possible, I had rodents issue from day 1 in my TUV. Recently they attacked my wiring and it had to be towed to service center for repair. They said new wiring set costs 70k+labor and it does not cover under warranty. Thankfully they were able to fix it without replacement. I was charged 6k for repairs. If you do not have rodent issue, then you can skip it.
After asking again, the SA told me TAIG covers rodent bites. I have a feeling he knew it before and was just pushing Kia's insurance to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Narain,

I too was quoted 62k for my GTX+ D-AT, when i was buying in March this year. I was told 1001 advantages of buying insurance from them or there will be hassles in case of claims. I stood my ground & told them to match my quote or let me take insurance on my own. Or else, I walk out and take my business elsewhere.

I took quote from my friend who was into insurance industry & gave me the exact same benefits offered by Kia for 51k. The same was matched by Kia.

I suggest you do the same. Be polite,yet firm. When they sense they're losing a potential business, they'll agree.

P.S Which version are you buying?! 40k is a very good deal if its for a GTX+ D-AT!!

Happy Hunting,
Powertrain
Spoke to the SA again today. The major difference apparently is in case of an accident (really hoping that never happens), I have to get TAIG's RSA and not Kia's if I go with TAIG. I can still use Kia's RSA for towing duties that don't involve insurance cover.

Also, Shreenath motors in Mumbai has cashless tie up with TAIG. Outside Mumbai, to get cashless, the SA claims service centre has to have a tie-up with TAIG. I will have to coordinate between the service centre and TAIG.

Now the question that arises is do I pay the extra 20k for a seamless experience or go with TAIG hoping I never need the cover.

Any suggestions?
msnarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 20:38   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
Also, Shreenath motors in Mumbai has cashless tie up with TAIG. Outside Mumbai, to get cashless, the SA claims service centre has to have a tie-up with TAIG. I will have to coordinate between the service centre and TAIG.

Any suggestions?
20k is too steep for such scenario which may never happen. At max if you face a situation to make a claim outside Mumbai, you can simply pay first and claim later.

There is a big if here, you may never be in a situation to claim, the service center outside Mumbai may also have cashless tie up with TAIG. You have to check with your regularly visited locations and validate if they have cashless tie up's with TAIG. I think you can also check on TAIG website for the list of cashless garages.
Old 6th August 2020, 23:03   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post

Now the question that arises is do I pay the extra 20k for a seamless experience or go with TAIG hoping I never need the cover.

Any suggestions?
I was in the same situation.

For cashless, here in Bangalore, I checked with Tata AIG and HDFC ergo, both could not confirm cashless with any KIA service center (it's not in their website also). Checked with JSP and Advaith, they do not have cashless with Tata AIG. JSP said they have it with Edelweiss. Denying cashless facility might be to push for KIA safety. But I do not have anything to prove that and I had to believe the dealer, specially after insurers themselves could not confirm.

Then two quotes I took, if it matches with KIA safety (no one giving unlimited NCB and rodent bite cover is given by Edelweiss, though I may not or do not need any of them as such), price comes around 48K minimum with GST. Edelweiss it came 51K. This is for GTX+ Diesel AT.

So at last, after multiple calls to different agents, call centers and just to save 12-15K, I decided to give up my search for insurance outside - for peace of mind I am going ahead with KIA safety, at least for first year.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 6th August 2020 at 23:07.
Old 7th August 2020, 15:15   #1235
BHPian

Kia Seltos Accessories / Modifications Thread

Hi All,

I am creating this new thread for Kia Seltos Accessories and Modifications as the official review thread has grown quite long and it is very difficult to search through any posts or recommendations for such purpose. Official thread continues to be an excellent avenue for review, issues, reference and general discussions.

Coming to the topic, I have Seltos HTK+ bought last year. I want some recommendations on LED headlights swap and roof painting in gloss black.

Also, the new model has some upgrades in terms of dashboard and gear knob. Does have anybody any idea if the same can be retrofitted in the pre updated model?

P.S. Mods, I believe this is inline with forum rules. I could not find any other such thread. You may merge if one exists. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2020, 14:28   #1236
BHPian

Any experiences related to installing underseat subwoofer in seltos with Bose system? I am looking at this option, but not sure if it will void the warranty.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 21:55   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
Hello All,

Has anyone tried replacing the perfume cartridge of the seltos present in the air purifier?
My seltos will be a year-old by September and the perfume smell is not up to mark these days.
Did it ever have a pleasant smell or any smell? I use it to clean up the air but never experienced perfume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Any experiences related to installing underseat subwoofer in seltos with Bose system? I am looking at this option, but not sure if it will void the warranty.
I have a different opinion, my trusted accessories guy said that installing an underseat will barely add 15% to the existing bass.

If you really want thumping bass then he recommended a full blown sub in the boot.

Mind you this was after I had placed an advance (for him to purchase the Blaupunkt xlf8a) so he actually returned my money and even said not to bother with the boot sub unless I really really wanted the bass and put the money in my bank account.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 01:21   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I have a different opinion, my trusted accessories guy said that installing an underseat will barely add 15% to the existing bass.
I actually don't need thumping bass. Somehow the oem bose system sound seems incomplete to me. I am hoping an underseat subwoofer would fill up the missing frequencies and make the sound richer.
Old 9th August 2020, 03:56   #1239
BANNED

Quote:
I actually don't need thumping bass. Somehow the oem bose system sound seems incomplete to me. I am hoping an underseat subwoofer would fill up the missing frequencies and make the sound richer.
Why don't you try one?

Most accessories store will have one demo piece to give you an idea. May not be the exact model that you'd want buy but should help you decide whether it'll fulfil the requirements or not.
Old 10th August 2020, 08:09   #1240
BHPian

Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:

I had got my Seltos GTX plus Diesel AT delivered on Friday. Didn't find the Bose system upto mark.

The next day, I got tires upgraded to Michelin and got full 2 layer damping done on all 4 doors and boot.

And the difference in sound and bass is day and night.

Here is the equalizer setting. Bass on 8, Mid on 1 & Treble on zero.

The underseat woofer is mostly useless. The front doors and boot plastic lid (inside) has padding for damping. Didn't remove it. But rear door pads required damping.

I was looking for o.e. sized Michelins (215/6R17) but couldn't find them anywhere in Delhi as everyone said its out stock, even at the Company due to some government of India's import restrictions.

So got 225/55R17. I know its slightly smaller in overall diameter but, 235/55, would have been overkill.

Thanks

Rishi
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-429af86d5c3b4ffa921e11b2d5ae44f0.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-8ec69bf0fdba47dfaa650a702e85f445.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-b32101249bed459f82b0ce570ab6aea4.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-6a26dd42cfe444549ee980ffe3223e7d.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-38b9851194714013aa46d355ed80f701.jpeg  

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 10th August 2020 at 08:21.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:49   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
We've had couple of rare issues reported in our Seltos owner's Whats App group over the past week - by two different owners apparently.

Incident 1 - Brake failure on HTX + Petrol Manual

This guy was driving in cruise set at 60 kmph. On seeing an upcoming red traffic signal, he started to slow down and pressed the clutch pedal to downshift and the cruise got disengaged. Upon pressing the brake pedal , there was absolutely no braking available.
An update on this. The brake failure issue has resurfaced in the same car two days ago. Fortunately for him this time too, the car was doing 30-35 kmph and he could stop the car with the help of hand brake. Today the car is taken to service centre. During the test drive, the issue reared it's head again, fortunately. I say fortunate because it's difficult to recreate these kind of issues and guess there would be lack of any error codes too. Now the car is being evaluated by Kia. Shall keep all posted.

As discussed in other threads regarding inherent brake failure issue in many Cretas , prima facie this one also is heading in same direction. This is quite worrying for all Seltos owners, me included. Hope Kia comes out with a concrete solution unlike Hyundai.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-response.html (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2020 at 13:28. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Bibendum90949 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:26   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Today the car is taken to service centre. During the test drive, the issue reared it's head again, fortunately. I say fortunate because it's difficult to recreate these kind of issues and guess there would be lack of any error codes too. Now the car is being evaluated by Kia. Shall keep all posted.
Very thoughtful of you to have updated on this thread, for a SUV that's selling like hotcakes it good for people to be aware so they can have their car checked or at back of their mind of such an issue.

I hope it's one off issue with this car and not widespread, given this news can also negatively impact the upcoming Sonet KIA should act responsibly here.
firstdrive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:23   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Did it ever have a pleasant smell or any smell? I use it to clean up the air but never experienced perfume.
Yeah, It has a pleasant smell based on my experience. Of course, it is not as strong as something like ‘Godrej aer’.
But it does the job for me as I have removed 3 covers from the cartridge. In case if you haven’t felt it till now, try to put the air purifier in high mode for some time and enter the car after some time.
Old 10th August 2020, 19:08   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
And the difference in sound and bass is day and night.
Wow! I didn't know that a simple door damping can do so much of a difference to the acoustics. Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but I wonder how simple plastic sheets can contribute so much to the sound effect?
Also, are these readily available in any car accessory shops and and simple plug & play types?
Old 10th August 2020, 19:27   #1245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
...but I wonder how simple plastic sheets can contribute so much to the sound effect?
It is not plastic sheets, it is a combination of aluminum foil and butyl rubber composition with an adhesive banking so it can stick to the surfaces properly.

There are some variations too like Foam + Aluminum + Butyl Rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Also, are these readily available in any car accessory shops and and simple plug & play types?
They aren't car specific. We need to cut them specific to the area required to be damped.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th August 2020 at 19:28.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks