Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2020, 13:06   #1246

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
I was in the same situation.

For cashless, here in Bangalore, I checked with Tata AIG and HDFC ergo, both could not confirm cashless with any KIA service center (it's not in their website also). Checked with JSP and Advaith, they do not have cashless with Tata AIG. JSP said they have it with Edelweiss. Denying cashless facility might be to push for KIA safety. But I do not have anything to prove that and I had to believe the dealer, specially after insurers themselves could not confirm.
I bought the car from JSP Marathahalli and i took the Tata AIG insurance outside. JSP Hosur Road service centre has cashless tie-up with Tata AIG. I claimed it during the month of January 2020. Initially they were confusion, but after few calls (over 3-4 days) between SA and Tata AIG, i was able to do cashless claim,
Old 11th August 2020, 18:50   #1247
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

My friend made a Seltos booking about a month back with the only Kia dealership in Chandigarh for the top end GTX+ Petrol DCT. The dealer initially promised a delivery by early August but now sighting ill-fit reasons to stall the delivery process. She is in desperate need for a vehicle right away (owing to her business needs) and has threatened the dealer that she is okay to walk away for which the sales manager is happy to return the booking amount (attitude of a single dealership franchisee).

She really likes the Seltos for its looks, features, engine + transmission and the driving dynamics. She expressed her interest to wait it out for a few more weeks but the sales manager isn’t willing to commit any timelines nor interest to make the sale happen.

What are her options now? She tried to reach out to Kia customer care via their official email but no response (surprising considering their parent company - Hyundai takes such feedback very seriously for their cars).

Alternatives that I have suggested to her are:
  1. New gen Creta (she hates the exterior but absolutely adores the interior)
  2. Jeep Compass (she is okay to up the budge to upto 23 lacs)
  3. Skoda Karoq (unsure if this will fit in her budget)
Options that were dismissed were:
  1. Tata Harrier – poor reliability and service network (including the poor perceived brand image)
  2. MG Hector – too big for usage in city conditions
Requirements –
  1. Must be a mid-size SUV (tried to convince her to try out the newly launched City, Verna & Rapid - but no luck)
  2. Planned ownership for 10+ years – expectations are top notch build quality, reliable service and support, driving dynamics that suit both city and highway runs, superior features and clean European like design which will age gracefully
  3. Budget – 18 to 23 lacs on road
  4. Immediate delivery
Hoping to get your feedback and suggestions.
Striker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 19:12   #1248
BHPian

Why not pick up the car from some other nearby state or city dealer?

I agree the situation doesn't permit lot of travelling but if she wants the Seltos then this is another option.

Else send a mail to Kia maybe the dealer will mend his ways.
Old 12th August 2020, 02:17   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
got full 2 layer damping done on all 4 doors and boot.

And the difference in sound and bass is day and night.
Even I have a Kia HTX+ D AT, never been too happy with the bose sound system either. Good to know damping made such a big difference ! If its not too much trouble, can you please share where you got it done from and how much you paid for it?

Thanks !
Old 12th August 2020, 08:28   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
My friend made a Seltos booking about a month back with the only Kia dealership in Chandigarh for the top end GTX+ Petrol DCT. The dealer initially promised a delivery by early August but now sighting ill-fit reasons to stall the delivery process. She is in desperate need for a vehicle right away (owing to her business needs) and has threatened the dealer that she is okay to walk away for which the sales manager is happy to return the booking amount (attitude of a single dealership franchisee).

She really likes the Seltos for its looks, features, engine + transmission and the driving dynamics. She expressed her interest to wait it out for a few more weeks but the sales manager isn’t willing to commit any timelines nor interest to make the sale happen.

What are her options now? She tried to reach out to Kia customer care via their official email but no response (surprising considering their parent company - Hyundai takes such feedback very seriously for their cars).

1. Tata Harrier – poor reliability and service network (including the poor perceived brand image)
Requirements –
  1. Must be a mid-size SUV (tried to convince her to try out the newly launched City, Verna & Rapid - but no luck)
  2. Planned ownership for 10+ years – expectations are top notch build quality, reliable service and support, driving dynamics that suit both city and highway runs, superior features and clean European like design which will age gracefully
  4. Immediate delivery
I see 2 options -

1. I would recommend you checking out the nearby TATA dealership and take a Test Drive of Harrier, atleast. Its a wonderful product and you should atleast drive it once before making up your mind.
Also, the After sales service is really good in some cities and dealerships. You never know the Chandigarh dealership is one of the good ones. Visiting and taking a test drive will give you an idea about both, the general behavior and the drive.
The waiting for Harrier is not more than 2-3 weeks.

2. You can check out some pre-owned car options for Jeep Compass. I am sure you will get a Compass in your price range, with reasonable numbers done on ODO. You will get the car within a week if all formalities are done on time.
Old 12th August 2020, 09:21   #1251
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Else send a mail to Kia maybe the dealer will mend his ways.
Thanks for the suggestion, could suggest to visit another dealer in a nearby city. Mail already sent to Kia customer care, no response yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorHood View Post
I see 2 options
1. I completely agree that the new gen Tata products have shown tremendous improvement in terms of safety, features and reliability, but far from perfect to offer peace of mind to their customers. Still remains a hit or miss. However the updated Harrier Diesel AT was one of the strong recommendations but like I said, the "TATA" badge puts her off totally (no offence to other owners).

2. Pre-owned Compass can be an option and fits the budget nicely, thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2020 at 02:57. Reason: Posts merged. Quotes trimmed.
Striker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 12:19   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
Now the question that arises is do I pay the extra 20k for a seamless experience or go with TAIG hoping I never need the cover.

Any suggestions?
Hello Narain !
My suggestion is to go in for the cheaper TAIG & save 20k. God forbid, even if you need RSA, it's mostly outsourced. So frankly its not as if you'll get faster/better service in case of RSA.
I say that 20k looks better in your pocket than theirs.

Cheers,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 12th August 2020 at 12:30.
Old 12th August 2020, 14:20   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
If its not too much trouble, can you please share where you got it done from and how much you paid for it?
I got it done at Motor Concept (Aman), Delhi.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2020 at 02:57. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 13th August 2020, 17:15   #1254

Quote:

I was looking for o.e. sized Michelins (215/6R17) but couldn't find them anywhere in Delhi as everyone said its out stock, even at the Company due to some government of India's import restrictions.

So got 225/55R17. I know its slightly smaller in overall diameter but, 235/55, would have been overkill.

Thanks

Rishi
Hi Rishi, the car looks great. Can you tell us how much the upgrade cost you? And how big a difference does in feel on rough patches on city roads? Does it make them smoother or quieter? I am also not too happy with the stock tyres, so thinking of an upgrade.
Old 13th August 2020, 19:17   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
Hi Rishi, the car looks great. Can you tell us how much the upgrade cost you? And how big a difference does in feel on rough patches on city roads? Does it make them smoother or quieter? I am also not too happy with the stock tyres, so thinking of an upgrade.
Well, I had driven the test drive vehicles with the Goodyears , different dealers & different variants too, but I didn't like the ride quality or the grip levels.

I had driven on the O.E. Goodyear tires for about a 100 kms on my car. I have driven about 300+ kms on the Michelins till now.

Major difference being in Ride quality and road noise, after the upgrade to Michelins

The tire upgrade costed me 25k, after exchange. At BK Tires Lajpat Nagar , New Delhi.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:24   #1256

Quote:
Well, I had driven the test drive vehicles with the Goodyears , different dealers & different variants too, but I didn't like the ride quality or the grip levels.
=====
The tire upgrade costed me 25k, after exchange. At BK Tires Lajpat Nagar , New Delhi.
Thanks a lot. I’ve been on the OE tyres for 5100km now. Might get them upgraded around the year mark (December). I’d read many recommendations saying an upgrade will help, but it’s better to hear it from someone who has already done it. So thanks again.
Old 13th August 2020, 20:57   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Requirements –
  4. Immediate delivery
I would recommend looking at the Creta, is the same car as the Seltos underneath. It may look odd-looking but now seeing the new gen Cretas on the road it surely stands out among the crowd. This is one design that will take time to get old!

If still styling of the Creta doesn’t impress your friend then another car I would recommend is the VW T-Roc excellent CBU product, may miss out a few features as compared to the Creta and Seltos but is solidly built with a stonker of an engine! Is very stable on the highways and ride has a European edge to it.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 13th August 2020 at 21:00.
Old 13th August 2020, 21:52   #1258

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I would recommend looking at the Creta, is the same car as the Seltos underneath. It may look odd-looking but now seeing the new gen Cretas on the road it surely stands out among the crowd. This is one design that will take time to get old!

If still styling of the Creta doesn’t impress your friend then another car I would recommend is the VW T-Roc excellent CBU product, may miss out a few features as compared to the Creta and Seltos but is solidly built with a stonker of an engine! Is very stable on the highways and ride has a European edge to it.
I think T roc is the only missing/worthwhile omission in the options mentioned. However going by the requirement (i.e - immediate delivery), it might not be an option.. not sure if things have moved much with T roc delivery of late. I might be wrong though.
Old 13th August 2020, 22:23   #1259
BHPian

Kia Seltos : Official Review

My Seltos' headunit has suddenly conked off.

The touch buttons at the bottom are glowing and beeping upon touching them.

However, there is no display and no sound.

Tried switching off and on the car atleast 5 times in the last 1 hour and switched off and on the headunit every 5 mins.

Nothing works.
Was working fine till 7 pm today.

Any pointers? Will definitely be visiting Kia workshop tomorrow.
Old 13th August 2020, 22:26   #1260
BANNED

Quote:
My Seltos' headunit has suddenly conked off.

The touch buttons at the bottom are glowing and beeping upon touching them.

However, there is no display and no sound.
Does it have any button to reset it? If yes, try that what disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 5 minutes and reconnect. See if it helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks