Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 13:16   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

This was shared by a friend of mine who owns a Diesel AT Seltos which has clocked 7000 kms so far. He had the serpentine belt fallen off while on the move. He got a low battery warning and pulled over. Guess alternator, water pump etc are driven by the same belt.

See how the component broke away which is surprising for a relatively new car. Must be a defective component I presume. He's waiting for the part to arrive that will take a week, he's told by Kia
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200821wa0045.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 21st August 2020 at 13:26.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:02   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Reviewproje tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Google has updated Android 11 to enable Wireless Android Auto on any Android 11 phone.

Guess the HTK+ doesn't have inbuilt wifi 5ghz. Has anyone tried using a wifi adapter for this?
HTK+ HU doesn’t have inbuilt WiFi. I tried enabling the wireless projection option in Android 11 Beta installed in my Pixel but the HU didn’t detect it.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-708d9683a3824618ac2e2f4e4a982ec4.jpeg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 22nd August 2020 at 11:04.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:37   #1278
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Reviewproje tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
HTK+ HU doesn’t have inbuilt WiFi. I tried enabling the wireless projection option in Android 11 Beta installed in my Pixel but the HU didn’t detect it.

Attachment 2046033
Have you tried using a 5 GHz wireless dongle? The article that I have posted says that a wifi dongle might help.

I dont have an Android 11 phone so I haven't tried doing that yet.
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:48   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
In fact, none of the Seltos variants has inbuilt Wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Have you tried using a 5 GHz wireless dongle? The article that I have posted says that a wifi dongle might help. I dont have an Android 11 phone so I haven't tried doing that yet.
A related post on this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4858661 (Wireless Android Auto for cars without inbuilt WiFi)
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 16:59   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
In fact, none of the Seltos variants has inbuilt Wifi.

A related post on this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4858661 (Wireless Android Auto for cars without inbuilt WiFi)
Hi actually google has enabled or has plans to enable wireless AA on phones other than pixel and Samsung as per this article

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...-phone-support

My question is that can we connect a wifi dongle to our music system and use Android AA.

I have read your article but it involves two phones. With the wireless AA now enabled is it just a matter of connecting a 5GHz wifi receiver dongle?
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:02   #1281
BHPian

Guys I plan on a bit of engine detailing tomorrow, can someone tell me where the ECU is located? Inside the car or in the engine bay? If inside the cabin, I will spray water after disconnecting the batteries.
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:08   #1282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Guys I plan on a bit of engine detailing tomorrow, can someone tell me where the ECU is located?
It is located behind the battery.
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:16   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is located behind the battery.
Ah damn, then toothbrush and mug it is. Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:22   #1284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Ah damn, then toothbrush and mug it is. Thanks.
Marked the two couplers of the ECU in yellow
Kia Seltos : Official Review-2019kiaseltos13__01.jpg

Clean the engine bay carefully, excercise caution near ECU, alternator and injectors area.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:43   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Please find the e mail id of UVO team. UVO issues may be addressed to uvo@kiamotorsindia.in
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:08   #1286
BHPian

There is a query for Seltos DCT owners, in the metro cities, regarding the transmission overheating issue. Has anyone experienced it? My sister in Gurgaon is market for an automatic, but she he has to pass through crowded roads daily, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours just to cover 5km. What do you suggest? Should she go with the dct.
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:23   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Guys, whats the mileage one can expect from the Diesel automatic (in city)? My brother is keen on buying a Seltos. I've told him to wait and check out the newer Sonet as well. Since Mileage is very important for him (top on the list). (My Nexon diesel returns a consistent 20-21KMPL, T2T. So wanted something as great as that)
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:24   #1288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
There is a query for Seltos DCT owners, in the metro cities, regarding the transmission overheating issue. Has anyone experienced it? My sister in Gurgaon is market for an automatic, but she he has to pass through crowded roads daily, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours just to cover 5km. What do you suggest? Should she go with the dct.
2-3 hours for 5kms is insane traffic. With that that kind of driving condition daily I would stay as far away as possible from a DCT as possible.

If she is not a performance freak and wants a comfortable smooth and trouble free option, go for the Seltos CVT. It is highly under rated as Kia seems to be trying to market the diesel more than the petrol options. In terms of outright acceleration the CVT is 2 seconds slower than the DCT but 1 second quicker than the Diesel AT.

With the June updates you get sunroof and pretty much all the features. You will miss 6 airbags and Bose audio but for less than 17L on road for the CVT, it's one of the most VFM AT options now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, whats the mileage one can expect from the Diesel automatic (in city)? My brother is keen on buying a Seltos. I've told him to wait and check out the newer Sonet as well. Since Mileage is very important for him (top on the list). (My Nexon diesel returns a consistent 20-21KMPL, T2T. So wanted something as great as that)
A torque converter AT will never match the NExon MT FE figures. You will lose a lot vs the NExon. The Sonet will do far better with the lighter body and the detuned engine which will be more efficient.

On the Highway my guess is Seltos D AT will be ~16-17kmpl and city will be ~10-11kmpl. Expect 14-15kmpl on average tank to tank with mix driving.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:42   #1289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The below updates from two Seltos Diesel AT owners earlier in this thread suggests the CRDi - TC gearbox combination isn't all that less efficient than manual.

But if his first priority is mileage - Sonet will surely return better figures.

Quote:
City - Diesel Manual

b2b traffic : 10-11 kmpl
moderate traffic : 13-14

Highways

Minimum returns with reasonable traffic : 16-17-18 kmpl - spirited driving - driving style dependent.

On 4/6 lane highways with minimal traffic : 20+ (sedate driving)

All figures with AC on. Even 22-23 is possible if you're light on your foot on sparse highway traffic. I've managed to derive 25 kmpl on my D - AT on an early morning start on a 6 lane highway.
Quote:
I have covered close to 3200 kms and as per MID the car has been averaging 17.5 kmpl since purchase.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:08   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have driven my Diesel AT for just around 3500 km and hence it may be too early to comment on FE. I get around 10 kmpl in cities and around 14 kmpl on highways.

Below are the statistics from the Drivvo app. Please note that 80% of my driving are on highways:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_4980-3.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd August 2020 at 11:10.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks