Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th September 2020, 12:52   #1306

Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Hi,

I got Seltos HTK+ petrol and the car is equipped with Kumho tyres. I read in few Seltos groups that the Goodyear tyres have few defects. I would like to know if I can continue with Kumho tyres or need to upgrade. I'm a sedate driver and happy with tyre as of now.
If you are satisfied with the tyres, I don't think there is any reason to upgrade. Plus, I've seen a lot of people upgrading the Goodyears, not the Kumhos.
v_square is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:17   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_square View Post
If you are satisfied with the tyres, I don't think there is any reason to upgrade. Plus, I've seen a lot of people upgrading the Goodyears, not the Kumhos.
Thanks for the reply, I'm ok with these Kumho tyres, no complaints. I maintain the tyre pressure at 33 and ride is also decent.

I was bit confused about the tyre bursts and it seems most of them are Goodyears.
Old 16th September 2020, 19:11   #1308
BHPian

Finally, I managed to get the damping done for my Seltos GTX Plus DCT. When the door pads were opened, noticed that the speakers had Bose stamped on them. The sound is much more tighter and bass has real thump now. However, the treble is still not great even at the highest setting.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 13:48   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Can I ask if anyone owning the Diesel AT Seltos has taken it to terrains such as Spiti, Ladakh, Sikkim and had no issues with ground clearance, tyre grip, etc? Or has been a passenger in the vehicle during such a trip?

Anyone who has, can i request you to share experiences/ feedback? Thanks!
Old 20th September 2020, 20:55   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Finally, I managed to get the damping done for my Seltos GTX Plus DCT. When the door pads were opened, noticed that the speakers had Bose stamped on them. The sound is much more tighter and bass has real thump now. However, the treble is still not great even at the highest setting.
How much did it cost you and what brand? And it's the difference that stark as in you can feel it?
Old 20th September 2020, 21:47   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
An update on this. The brake failure issue has resurfaced in the same car two days ago. Fortunately for him this time too, the car was doing 30-35 kmph and he could stop the car with the help of hand brake. Today the car is taken to service centre. During the test drive, the issue reared it's head again, fortunately. I say fortunate because it's difficult to recreate these kind of issues and guess there would be lack of any error codes too. Now the car is being evaluated by Kia. Shall keep all posted.

As discussed in other threads regarding inherent brake failure issue in many Cretas , prima facie this one also is heading in same direction. This is quite worrying for all Seltos owners, me included. Hope Kia comes out with a concrete solution unlike Hyundai.
Sorry to have missed giving an update here. Kia had changed the brake booster few weeks back on the car in question. Initially they swapped brake booster from seemingly their test car and asked the owner to drive it for few days. Owner did so for 600-700 kms without any issue. Post that, they replaced it with a new one under warranty and is working fine since then.

However there are two more similar cases reported. One is by a known acquaintance in Seltos whats app group. He had similar experience of feeling the pedal getting hard while braking and felt it wood like and reported the issue to NCS Kia in Thiruvananthapuram. Kia had carried out multiple tests and checks during which the issue never popped up. Car is handed over back yesterday after 5 days of testing and analysis. Owner has been told that they've followed the steps shared by Kia while carrying out the tests and found nothing unusual and handed back the car. They say everything is in order. Car was test driven in different driving conditions like b2b traffic, highways etc. Though the owner indicated about a similar concern(the aforesaid first case) reported at a different dealer(Incheon Motors, Aluva, Kerala)and even shared the contacts of the team who worked on that car to NCS, they were not keen to speak to them to gather more information which to me was bit unprofessional. Unlike earlier instance, this car had battery warning and low oil level warning popped up during the brake failure. As I was speaking to my friend, he shared another similar instance posted by a FB user.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200920204625_whatsapp.jpg

Please find my earlier updates on this issue for those who have missed it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4813886 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4861228 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 20th September 2020 at 21:53.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 08:27   #1312
BHPian

Guys, I am facing a very strange peculiar problem with the ac.

I have a GT line with auto climate control.

Since yesterday, the ac keeps on going to fresh air mode, every 2 minutes. Inspite of me trying to get the ac off the auto mode, switching off and on the ac system and the car.

Reseted the settings from the headunit as well (it has settings for changing recirculation to fresh air, automatically).

But still it keeps on going to fresh air mode. It is highly disturbing and irritating while driving in Delhi as it suddenly reduces AC cooling and starts to suck in fumes from outside vehicles .

Any pointers?
Old 21st September 2020, 08:36   #1313
BHPian

Can you share what was the outcome after the second time your friend faced the issue? What did KIA people do to rectify the issue?
Old 21st September 2020, 11:14   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Since yesterday, the ac keeps on going to fresh air mode, every 2 minutes. Inspite of me trying to get the ac off the auto mode, switching off and on the ac system and the car.Reseted the settings from the headunit as well (it has settings for changing recirculation to fresh air, automatically).But still it keeps on going to fresh air mode. It is highly disturbing and irritating while driving in Delhi as it suddenly reduces AC cooling and starts to suck in fumes from outside vehicles
Any pointers?
There's a climate setting under the "vehicle" menu. Guess the outside temp was lower than what you were trying to set inside the cabin. Only in such scenario does this happen. You've to uncheck/disable the Automatic Ventilation. From your post, guess you've done it already. Try using AC without automatic control and see if it still happens.
Name:  Screenshot_20200921111009_WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  145.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Can you share what was the outcome after the second time your friend faced the issue? What did KIA people do to rectify the issue?
After the second time he faced the issue, he took the car again to service centre and they investigated thoroughly and decided to change the brake booster as mentioned in my last post.(#1311)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 21st September 2020 at 11:25.

Most Viewed