Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:37   #1321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
There's a climate setting under the "vehicle" menu. Guess the outside temp was lower than what you were trying to set inside the cabin. Only in such scenario does this happen. You've to uncheck/disable the Automatic Ventilation. From your post, guess you've done it already. Try using AC without automatic control and see if it still happens.
I had tried that setting and resetting again and again to no avail.

However, I did find a solution to my problem, in the Kia Telluride online forums.

Just opened the sunroof twice fully and shut it. May be it has a sensor at the sunroof that messed up as my sunroof was fully shut. But somehow, it works and will keep you posted if it arises again.

Thanks

Rishi
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:43   #1322
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
With increasing relevance with regards to the safety on Indian Roads, I'm in a deep conundrum as to carving out an additional hole in my wallet for the coveted safety features would reap benefits in the long run or can it be skipped to stick to my budget ?
Since I went through the same exact conundrum, let me share my thought process. Hopefully it helps you in your decision making.

If there is one thing that team-bhp teaches about cars is that Safety should be of utmost priority, no compromises on this aspect. You never know when it will be useful, better safe than sorry. There are numerous real life incidents in this forum where the members have reiterated the importance of safety features such as ESC/ESP being saviors. Think of the additional cost as an insurance that you are buying now rather than spending that money later god forbid if any untoward had to happen.

So if you have the means to meet the higher costs of GTX+, then I suggest go for it, unless you dont end up with foot in mouth to meet the budget.
You will also enjoy all the additional features that a top model brings in that makes the car ownership experience much more pleasurable.

Another famed team-bhpian thing - mind vs heart - mind calculates budget, heart says safety. Judiciously, choose yours !
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:53   #1323
BHPian

Hey guys, have a long drive coming up (1,500 kms return), was wondering how to fill up the air.

Generally the air in the Tpms goes up by 2-4 points in a drive, I usually for city drives like the 35 sweet spot.

So should I fill it in at 32 and let it climb up or 35 only.

It will be 2 adults, 1 kid (10 yo) and moderate luggage, roads will be 100% well laid highways.
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:23   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Generally the air in the Tpms goes up by 2-4 points in a drive, I usually for city drives like the 35 sweet spot.

So should I fill it in at 32 and let it climb up or 35 only.
Yes exactly. Put 32 psi all around while the tyre is cold and once you hit the highway it will rise upto 35-36 which should be perfect for highway. This is what I do generally and it works out quite well. If you're to encounter lot of broken patches, even 31 psi in front would just be fine too to provide a bit of cushioning. Only flip side is when the tyre is back to cold condition, you'll be hovering around the value (29-30) that'll trigger TPMS warning.

Have a great drive and Safe Journey !

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd September 2020 at 22:25.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 23:07   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Another famed team-bhpian thing - mind vs heart - mind calculates budget, heart says safety. Judiciously, choose yours !
To give you a bit of context, we are planning to replace our aging Diesel Dzire for good with an automatic petrol vehicle. We initially started with Grand i10 Nios Automatic. But, lo and behold, Kia came in with the Sonet and all my family members went gaga over the Sonet the moment they saw it. The hype eventually turned out to be an absolute dud after the price reveal. Though top-end was my choice, my heart skips a beat whenever I think about spending 15 Lakhs for a sub 4m CSUV. The end result - the clash of clans between the Korean SUV Cousins has successfully perforated into our household territory.

It's an absolute shame that these folks slyly omit such safety features even in the mid and automatic variants only to discover later that safety comes at a cost in the so-called SUVs. While my automobile knowledge is restricted to basic technical know-how, it's such a pity that 90 percent of India is still unaware of such safety measures of which these companies are beautifully taking advantage of. It's only with the recent marketing by Tata cars that people are acknowledging safety features like ESC, HAC. Thank god for the bureaucracy that they have mandated ABS and the 2 Airbags.
pandatrooper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 00:24   #1326
BHPian

Got my 3rd service done yesterday. I wanted to switch to synthetic oil but the ASC couldn't help as they can only follow KIA guidelines until the 3-yr manufacture warranty expires and use only mineral oil. KIA use IOCL oils.

Is it true across other brands that we cannot opt for our choice of oil during the warranty period?

Some pictures:

Air filter replacement:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-collage-20200927-00_02_352.jpg

Oil filter replacement:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-collage-20200927-00_01_152.jpg

Engine oil change:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-collage-20200927-00_06_032.jpg

Wheel balancing and alignment:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-collage-20200927-00_08_472.jpg

Battery check and wiper wash fluid:
Kia Seltos : Official Review-collage-20200927-00_14_142.jpg
dksv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 13:02   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Sixth DPF warning on a Seltos! All in the span of 3000 kms.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4895588 (BS6 Diesel Car owners - Your experience with DPF / SCR / AdBlue here)
Bibendum90949 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:24   #1328
S15
BANNED

Great review team. The attention to detail is immaculate.

I just had one minor question, though. Are the differences inthe GT Line and the HT line purely cosmetic/feature-related?
Or does the GT line have a different suspension set-up, like the Ford Fiesta S had?
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 16:04   #1329
BHPian

Recently I completed 1 year of ownership of my Seltos GTX plus Petrol manual. So far the experience has been very good and I am very happy about my decision to go for Seltos. Right from day one, this is a head-turner and continue to be one even though there are many on the roads now.

Service was one thing which I was worried about while taking the delivery and it has not at all disappointed me till now. All in all a wonderful package.

The only drawback which I felt was the stiff suspension while navigating through some rough patches. But the stability which it offers while driving through the highways outweighs that drawback

Here are some pictures of my beauty 😊

Kia Seltos : Official Review-new_1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-new_3.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-new_5.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-new_2.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-new_4_li.jpg
aswinpattath is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 01:05   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Kia launches pre paid service packages, called My Convenience program.

https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...nvenience.html
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200930wa0000.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200930010850_drive.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200930010914_drive.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200930010934_drive.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200930010950_drive.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kia-Convenience-Brochure-Common.pdf (3.62 MB, 1542 views)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th September 2020 at 01:11.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 22:13   #1331
BHPian

Hey guys,
I've had my Kia seltos for a little more than a year now and completed about 13,000 km with it. Coming from a scorpio, I absolutely love the refinement levels of the car and the creature comforts it offers. Since the car was registered 1 year back, I went to get a PUC certificate for the car here in Delhi but to my surprise none of the centers were able to conduct it as their machine wan't able to read the RPM of the engine properly. Anyone else faced such an issue ? I was thinking and could it have something to do with the car being BS6 compliant ?
10nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 23:18   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Since the car was registered 1 year back, I went to get a PUC certificate for the car here in Delhi but to my surprise none of the centers were able to conduct it as their machine wan't able to read the RPM of the engine properly. Anyone else faced such an issue ? I was thinking and could it have something to do with the car being BS6 compliant ?
Mine turns 1 year this Saturday and I was thinking to get the PUC done shortly. I actually read on a FB group that somebody faced the same issue you mentioned. Now I'm curious to know more experiences.
Old 2nd October 2020, 21:25   #1333
BHPian

During my service visits the Service advisor repeatedly mentioned it is advisable to do the wheel alignment and related service only at KIA service centres. As no wheel alignment centres in India are trained to handle Seltos. This is since the steering wheel alignment has to be re-set in KIA if wheel alignment is done outside. For me this is fine for every 10,000 service, but it doesn't make sense to travel 30 minutes to KIA for just alignment at the 5k interval and wait there for 2-3 hours. They also offer pick up and drop @ Rs 300+. That isn't worth when it is only for alignment. So how true is that a Seltos can't be aligned outside. Has anyone heard that from their advisor or has anyone done it from outside and face any issues. I'm located in Kochi.
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:14   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
During my service visits the Service advisor repeatedly mentioned it is advisable to do the wheel alignment and related service only at KIA service centres. As no wheel alignment centres in India are trained to handle Seltos. .
This is just bluster, any alignment centre can do this, Seltos isn't some custom built supercar. They're just trying to recover the cost of the equipment in a new service center. I think it's better to get it done outside, most ASCs tend to make a mess of it.
avira_tk is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 19:10   #1335
BHPian

If your vehicle does not pull left or right on a straight road, alignment is not required.Further until unless the steering shows wobbling at speeds above 100 Kmph balancing is not required.Its better to stick to cars original alignment because once they reset the alignment bolts the service people do not usually have proper torque spanners to refit them appropriately.Thanks
Rustom Mistry is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed