Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Any word/info on the price hike from Kia?
I believe that the scanned letter from Kia to its dealers regarding price increase was a hoax!

No dealer here in Delhi/NCR has any communication on price hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Since it's been 15 days of booking, how do I keep track of my booking or any progress in terms of car allotment, dispatch etc? How this all is communicated to a customer. I don’t think calling my salesperson every 15 days will give me any information as he earlier promised to provide updates!
Called up Kia customer care quoting my booking ID, but they don't have any information on car allotment/dispatch status etc. The person told me that 2 months is the waiting time and car will arrive in that time.

PS - Meanwhile, the Seltos has crossed 1 lakh+ bookings milestone!

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive...h-mark-2157743

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd January 2020 at 20:15.
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:42   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Seems like a smart move to increase their profits. Has the proposed price hike kicked in? Does anyone have the updated price sheets? Carwale.com still shows the older prices as of today.
I don’t think they would delay production and factory dispatches, just to sell at higher prices. They have not even announced price increases yet. Perhaps the peak of the demand has been crossed and it is settling down to realistic long term numbers of around 4000 copies per month. Given the way it is priced, I would be surprised if it can maintain the volumes long term.

It could also be that they are slowing down production to fix any identified issues (such as the DCT overheating one identified by
many in this forum)
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:46   #123
BHPian

Quote:
I believe that the scanned letter from Kia to its dealers regarding price increase was a hoax!

I called up one of the sales person today for the same information and he laughed at the question and said that these things are revealed in a week or so and not automatically on 1st or 2nd of the month.
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:47   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any word/info on the price hike from Kia?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I don’t think they would delay production and factory dispatches, just to sell at higher prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
But still, given the huge line of customers waiting, was it a good move from KIA OR KIA wants to sell Seltos on newer and higher prices, so deliberately dispatched only few units?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Seems like a smart move to increase their profits. Has the proposed price hike kicked in? Does anyone have the updated price sheets? Carwale.com still shows the older prices as of today.
Quote:
I called up one of the sales person today for the same information and he laughed at the question and said that these things are revealed in a week or so and not automatically on 1st or 2nd of the month.
Prices have increased by 20-35k across variants. New prices are already updated on their website! I got the info from the owners WA group and checked just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Great move! KIA does not get saddled with 2019 stock which is difficult to shift or heavily discounted. Ask some lucky Compass owners who got amazing deals.

Better to lose 100 customers than get saddled with 2000 cars with no profit.
Maybe they were greedy and wanted more customers paying the hiked prices in the new year

Quote:
I cant find any option to check prices on the website. How did you get that?
Check this link and select each variant to see the prices: https://www.kia.com/in/buy/configure/configurator.html

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd January 2020 at 21:07. Reason: Updated the price hike
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 21:03   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Prices have increased by 20-30k across variants. New prices are already updated on their website! I got the info from the owners WA group and checked just now.

Maybe they were greedy and wanted more customers paying the hiked prices in the new year

Edit:- Found it. Prices increased by 30k. Now on website. Only hte increased by 20k.

Last edited by psbali : 2nd January 2020 at 21:13. Reason: Rephrased.
Old 2nd January 2020, 21:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:

Edit:- Found it. Prices increased by 30k. Now on website. Only hte increased by 20k.
The prices of models have been hiked across the range. The GTX+ Diesel Auto now costs 17.34 INR ex-showroom.
Old 2nd January 2020, 23:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
At just 4,645 units, Seltos sees a massive 67% drop in dealer dispatch in December

Given the huge line of customers waiting, was it a good move from KIA OR KIA wants to sell Seltos on newer and higher prices, so deliberately dispatched only few units?
So, Seltos prices have been increased by an average of 30-35k. On road price increase is most for HTK-P and HTE-D models and for others, about 35-40k increase is there.

So by deliberately delivering 10,000 fewer vehicles in December, Kia has forced its customers to shell out extra (35,000*10,000) 35-40 crores. Kia got like 25 crore more in its profit margin and govt. got 15 crores of extra taxes.

Delivering fewer vehicles in December was really a dishonest move by KIA

Last edited by SahilS : 2nd January 2020 at 23:03.
SahilS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 01:17   #128
BHPian

Price hike per variant is as shown. The same is already being reflected at KIA website too.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_price.jpg  

SahilS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:38   #129
BHPian

Seltos further looses its VFM tag with the price hike and is dangerously close to be called as “Overpriced”.

For example, with the current discounts on Creta, a SX Creta MT and a HTK plus Seltos MT costs the same.

The goodies you don’t get in a Seltos HTK plus over Creta SX
1. Auto climate control
2. Adjustable front centre armrest
3. Rear seat adjustable headrest
4. Rear seat armrest with cup holders
5. LED tail lamps.
6. The subtle chrome pack(door handles, front grill, number plate garnish)
7. Top all this up with a engine down on both power and torque in the name of BS6 efficiency.

Looks like this Seltos’s VFM hoopla from KIA is just a eyewash.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 08:19   #130
BHPian

Finally the price hike is there, as was expected. As Sahil mentioned HTE D and HTK P will get price hiked bit more than others, TCS will be charged now. The most VFM varient is no more VFM now. This will definitely affect sales. May be not much as of now but once creta 2020 is out, the competition will get tougher for Seltos. I feel lucky to get it at old price.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:41   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos has seen a price increase of up to Rs. 35,000, here are the ex-showroom prices of variants,

Kia Seltos : Official Review-1111.png
Kia Seltos : Official Review-11111.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd January 2020 at 09:45.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:10   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia Seltos has seen a price increase of up to Rs. 35,000, here are the ex-showroom prices of variants,

Attachment 1952418
Attachment 1952419

Link
The hiked numbers in your screenshot seem off, especially for the diesel variants which have seen a 35k hike throughout the diesel lineup. See the screenshot from the website.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200103100723.png

Edit: I checked the prices on their website for a couple of states and and they are consistent. I hope the same prices are applicable across India.

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd January 2020 at 10:13.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:16   #133
Senior - BHPian

The price hike to me is acceptable, given the success of Seltos. This should keep Hyundai happy, they now can price the Creta higher. I will not be surprised if Creta/Seltos breach 25L mark here in Bangalore in a year or two.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:24   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Seltos further looses its VFM tag with the price hike and is dangerously close to be called as “Overpriced”.

For example, with the current discounts on Creta, a SX Creta MT and a HTK plus Seltos MT costs the same.
Appreciate your point but I feel the Seltos looks & 'feels' a generation ahead of the Creta. Even the Tucson looks more modern. Hyundai missed out some funky changes to facelift the Creta enough to keep it fresh till the 2020 model comes in.

Personally, the Seltos has made its mark and I don't expect the sales surge to drop too much due to this hike.
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:50   #135
BHPian

First of all, Superb review! I have now owned the car for around 3 months and there were at least a couple of things new that I learned from the TBhp review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Once this is done, UVO will restart and you should be able to view your live location on UVO mobile app etc. Worked for me. Happy to hear feedback from others.
As others have mentioned, it is merely a factory reset that you have performed, which will stop working again in a few days, as it did for me. You will need to get the update from the SA which will take a total of 20 min for them to do. The SA also assured that this is the last update they expect to be required to be done manually, rest from hereon should be OTA.

I got it done recently and while the UVO connection with my phone started working I also noticed some other changes. For example the orientation of the Android Auto is now completely changed. AA now takes advantage of the entire 10.25" screen. The GMaps have now moved to the drivers side, while the GAssist, home buttons ribbon has gone horizontal on the right corner. The 1/3rd tiled portion which used to just show the name of the phone under the AA logo is now utilized on the left hand side with the song being played and all the usual time, temp, phone signal, battery, etc. information.

It really looks much better now. However, I also found a bug. Whenever you now get a call while being connected on the AA, you do not receive any notification on the ICE and one has to look at the phone to see who is calling. You can pick the phone from steering mounted controls but just can't see who is calling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Will go tomorrow, if I find out what the update is about, will keep the forum posted.
My SA didn't mention anything about the ECU update. Any idea what it is about. I am about to reach 5k and due for the next check-up service would like to know more about the update before that so I can instruct the SA for the same.

I was also chatting with the owner of the Kia showroom who has multiple other auto OE showrooms in Delhi NCR and also an auto-comp business. He mentioned that Kia even being his newest venture has turned their fortunes around and it has within 4 months of operations become the largest business for their group. He also mentioned that Kia has become very slow in releasing cars in December and in fact in the last 2 weeks hardly anything. His view was this was to mitigate building inventory of unsold cars in December if the customer refuses to take the old MY car delivery so close to the new year. My view is it could have been completely avoided by making a clear announcement of the impending price increase which would have meant people would have preferred taking the old MY car Vs waiting for the new.

He also mentioned that in all his career of being associated with Auto Industry, he hasn't seen a better planning, control & execution by a OE where he was met with this level of overwhelming demand on their first product and still able to ramp-up production and deliver cars which have remained largely niggle-free (No issues like XUV and Hector, of suspending bookings or issues of niggles like with XUV or Harrier, no offence to anyone merely stating the larger picture!).

He was also quite surprised that the diesel and petrol sales are almost neck to neck and have bucked the industry trend completely. I regard this to having a complete set of variants in each motor (autos included) and as GTO also pointed out, a BS6 compliant diesel with no price difference with the TGDi making it a no-brainer to pick.

He also mentioned the next set of cars from KIA are expected to follow a similar success to Seltos and he was quite hopeful that KIA is going to be their group's calling!

The only thing that he warned me against is the price of the spares! Some of the spares that are there in the car are just bonkers expensive. He mentioned even a very simple system such as HUD is more than 80k, which is just MAD. I hope KIA is able to bring these prices down significantly if they want to survive in India for a long-run.

Indians want cars which are cheap to run and own foremost, for everything else we are very forgiving!
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks