Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:50   #1396
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Thank you. What is a good value to spend on the ceramic coating? I have no experience with this. I spoke to few ppl and figured different dealers have different pricing and different number of coatings offered. Any place you could suggest in bangalore?
I had it from detailing devils. The package they offered was Rs33000 and offered at 28000, I was able to bring it to Rs 26000. It included a re-inspection every year for the parts not damaged in any accident. I am happy with their work. Thing is it was the first time I went for detailing (I had no idea what it was), since my seltos is red coloured and I did not want to lose shine too early. My white coloured swift, that I drove before this, did not need this at all. There is a dedicated thread for detailing please check that.
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:53   #1397
BHPian

Finally I got the Insurance renewal done(Own Damage) from ICICI Lombard for 22708/- including ZD/Engine Protection with 20% NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Hi Team,
My Seltos GTX+ AT Insurance is getting expired tonight as I complete 1 year and I have got below quotes from the dealer from ICICI Lombard and Bharti Axa(Own Damages) and details are furnished as below.
ICICI Lombard - 27629
Bharti Axa - 22021

The questions I need your help are:
1. Has any one done the insurance renewal recently and which one you went for and what was the premium paid?
2. As part of Add-ons I have told to keep only Zero Dep and Engine Protection and remove Tyre Protection/Key Loss/Personal Belongings/Consumables and send a new quote which I'm waiting for. Is it good to have Zero Dep and Engine Protection as add ons and how much do they cost? As per the goggle they should not cost more than 1500/- buck together, but HDFC Ergo gives quote that for Zero Dep only they are charging 15k which I felt expensive. Ideally how much would be the charges for these two Addons(Zero Dep and Engine Protection).

Thanks In Advance!!!
Stay Safe!!!
govs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:24   #1398

Hi Team, first and foremost thank you for sharing all this wealth of information, really appreciate it. I'm planning to travel to Bangalore in December from Pune. I have a GTX+ DCT model. We have a lot of luggage and was curious if the roof rails/rack on the Seltos in India are functional or just cosmetic. The owners manual does say we can carry 70 kgs if equipped with roof rack. I enquired with the dealer in Pune who said official accessories are not yet available in India.

Wanted to know if anyone has installed a local roof rack with crossbars and if there are any shop recommendations in Pune.

Stay safe!
Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:43   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Satyad, I was under the impression that roof rails in both Kia Seltos and Sonet are not functional. They serve aesthetic purpose only.

Just saw on Google that top variants of Seltos have functional roof rails with a load capacity of 70Kg, like you mentioned.

Car accessory shops are very active on Youtube nowadays. But there is not a single video of Kia Seltos roof carrier on Youtube.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 22nd October 2020 at 15:43. Reason: Typo
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:34   #1400
BHPian

Today I got the PUC certificate done for my Seltos Petrol. Couple of weeks back though, manufacturer KIA was not available in the database and now it got listed.

But sadly Kia Diesel is not yet listed. Manufacturer name Kia is present, but model name and Engine types are blank for diesel.

Regarding the emission norm type, there is no BSVI option, instead its showing only BS IV or onwards.

Here is my vehicle PUCC screenshot.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-pucc.jpg
vinya_jag is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:54   #1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Satyad, I was under the impression that roof rails in both Kia Seltos and Sonet are not functional. They serve aesthetic purpose only.

Just saw on Google that top variants of Seltos have functional roof rails with a load capacity of 70Kg, like you mentioned.

Car accessory shops are very active on Youtube nowadays. But there is not a single video of Kia Seltos roof carrier on Youtube.
Yes, haven't found anyone online yet. Also after digging in a bit more online about roof racks I saw some websites mentioning they are illegal in India since 2017.
satyad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:43   #1402
BHPian

Today I faced the issue of UVO frozen all of a sudden while driving.

No apple carplay or andriod auto were connected. Just the USB was connected for playing music and inbuilt navigation was on.

Once it froze, none of the on screen buttons at the bottom were responding, but rest of the screen responded, menu items at the top, on screen music controls responded, but were useless since no volume, no navigation voice guidance, steering mounted controls on LHS were not responding.

There was no reverse camera or 360 degree camera feed too. Surely missed them when it was most needed since had to do few tight parking and U turns on narrow hill roads, Worse part is display was always on! switching on /off the car didnt help, potentially it could have drained the whole battery if parked overnight !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
There's a small hole towards the bottom right of infotainment screen. Insert a pin to reset it. That may set things back in order. But if it's working only intermittently, it's better you take it up with ASS.
Thanks for this tip, did a reset once I was back home in the night and then the display switched off. From now on, having a safety pin is a must have accessory to handle UVO issues I guess. Yet to restart the car and see if things are back to normal.

Is there a software update available which could improve the stability of the UVO system ?
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:02   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Is there a software update available which could improve the stability of the UVO system ?
Yes buddy, software updates can be done. Normally service centre would update them during service. I'm not sure what's the latest software. Someone who updated it recently can confirm.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 15:45   #1404
BHPian

I was just browsing the US website of Kia and the Indian website of Kia. Can anyone notice the differences? I feel the US version looks slightly more bigger than the India Version.
For instance, the headlamp cluster, front bumper, the rear bumper, the fuel opening lid etc. are different. Is the Indian Version yet to be updated or is it just different for different markets?
The dimensions largely remain unchanged except for the length by 2 inches. The upward sweep of the lower front bumper gives the US version a more butch look.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-vs-us.jpg  

raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 16:01   #1405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I was just browsing the US website of Kia and the Indian website of Kia. Can anyone notice the differences? I feel the US version looks slightly more bigger than the India Version.
For instance, the headlamp cluster, front bumper, the rear bumper, the fuel opening lid etc. are different. Is the Indian Version yet to be updated or is it just different for different markets?
The dimensions largely remain unchanged except for the length by 2 inches. The upward sweep of the lower front bumper gives the US version a more butch look.
Yes, the US gets a different car, bigger in size and different set of engines. The interiors are different too.

Check out the following link for the details of the models (there are of them available across the world).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Seltos#SP2i_models

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th October 2020 at 16:05.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 16:05   #1406
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, the US gets a different car, bigger in size and different set of engines. The interiors are different too.
AWD and independent rear suspension are also available in US variants.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 21:27   #1407
BHPian

We booked HTX petrol in October. The SA told us that we can change the color anytime one week before the delivery. I'm confused between silver and white. I want to keep the car for around 7-8 years and I'll also be going for PPF. Any advice as to which colour should I pick?
Old 25th October 2020, 01:13   #1408
BHPian

Can anyone let me know the current waiting period for the Seltos?

I've booked an HTX in aurora black 45 days ago and the showroom still seems clueless about allotment. Saying that they have no update from the company. I understand that it might be a niche colour but no delivery date after 45 days of booking is a bit too much.

Any idea how I can escalate this? The Kia CC email only gives a standard reply. Anyone in Pune who has got Thiers delivered recently?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 08:57   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Any advice as to which colour should I pick?
Colour is such a personal choice. Seltos looks good in all colours. Even Orange and Blue look great despite being loud, sporty colours. I'd recommend that you go with whatever colour you like.

Personally, I like white and silver colour on the Seltos the most. White keeps the car cooler as compared to darker shades. It is also a low profile colour that is not easily identifiable in the sea of other white cars (Whole city would know where orange car was in the afternoon or the evening, lol). I am saying this after driving Exotica Red Grande Punto in Chandigarh over 2 years.

Besides, white is very easy to match in case of paint touch up etc.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 25th October 2020 at 08:58. Reason: Rephrased a line.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 19:54   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Just heard from a Seltosian that there's a recall happening for fuel pump for certain batch of Seltos. When my friend's car went in for service, they had the pop up in their system that indicated his car is in the list. They inspected the fuel lines and fuel pump and he was told that it's fine and doesn't need any replacement. Has anyone got more details on this?
Update on this as shared by bhpian ynike99
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201025wa0084.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201025wa0086.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 25th October 2020 at 19:57.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks