Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 09:38   #241
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Online purchase or direct purchase of extended warranty from Kia is not available at present. But, you can purchase from any dealer across India. I’ve done it from a different dealer for your reference.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 10:23   #242
BHPian

Got my first service done on Friday. Had a chance to take my Seltos IVT out for a drive of about 270 km yesterday (Chennai to Vellore & back). This was also my chance to check out the fastag & it worked seamlessly

Vehicle performance was smooth as expected but higher than usual traffic meant that I couldn't go over 100 kmph. Also good in a way since the vehicle odo is still under 1000 km. The on board mileage indicator showed an average mileage of around 16.5 kmpl after the trip. It could have been better but for heavy traffic close to chennai on the way back. It did touch around 18 kmpl on the way to vellore

The beeps at 80 kmph is a major irritant as there were several times that I went over 80 k & had to lower the speed to below 80 k due to traffic & it beeped every time.

There was another beep that kept chiming around speeds of 90 - 95 k (but below 100 k) that did not flash any warning message on the console. Not sure why it was happening but it happened at least half a dozen times. I asked the service advisor about it but he was clueless & kept talking about the continuous beeps that come on at 120 k, a speed that I never touched

If anyone has had this experience, pls let me know what it is & if I should check it out during service.

Android auto continues to shut down after sometime, though this time it worked for about 15 min
akrish01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 11:31   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
There was another beep that kept chiming around speeds of 90 - 95 k (but below 100 k) that did not flash any warning message on the console.
Either the in-built maps or maps through Android Auto on the HU was running and the warnings chimes were coming due to the speed limit on the roads that you were on was less and your car was around ~90kmph.

EDIT:

Can you switch off the HU and drive again to see if the chimes are heard at those speeds or not.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th January 2020 at 11:37.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 13:04   #244
BHPian

This is what I got yesterday morning, alone and without ac.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-7b79d822e41d48008a66d64327232727.jpeg  

S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 13:14   #245
BHPian

I have a few questions regarding my HTX Diesel booking and they are:

1. Should R17's be changed with R16's of the HTK+ "Option was given by the dealer". It should result in better ride.

2. Can the HU "10inch" be changed to a 8inch one. The touch buttons are very distracting to push while driving.

3. Should I upgrade HTX audio to Bose audio that option is avalible at dealership but I don't really want that extra woofer.
Old 12th January 2020, 14:02   #246
SS4
BHPian

Official statement from KIA where the 10th digit in VIN will be 'L' for cars manufactured in 2020. I hope this clears few of the queries raised in previous posts.

Source: Sent via WhatsApp by the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-mfg_year.jpeg  

SS4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 14:19   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
1. Should R17's be changed with R16's of the HTK+ "Option was given by the dealer". It should result in a better ride.
You'll have to swap the rim + tyres to that of the lower variants. I think it is 205/65 R16 in the lower variants.

I feel 17-inch ones are best for the Seltos and look great too. Ride quality too isn't that harsh. I have the Creta SX(O) with 215/60 R17 setup and the overall ride quality is stiff but not bone-jarring or uncomfortable. Maybe if you can swap to Michelin's right after delivery, the feel will be great.

Quote:
2. Can the HU "10inch" be changed to an 8inch one? The touch buttons are very distracting to push while driving.
May require a lot of changes to get this done. Not worthy IMHO.

Did the dealer quote any price for this?

Quote:
3. Should I upgrade HTX audio to Bose audio that option is available at the dealership but I don't really want that extra woofer?
For that price, you can get an aftermarket setup done that should sound better.

Btw what is the cost for this upgrade?

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th January 2020 at 14:22.
Old 12th January 2020, 16:16   #248
BHPian

Quote:

1. Should R17's be changed with R16's of the HTK+ "Option was given by the dealer". It should result in better ride.

2. Can the HU "10inch" be changed to a 8inch one. The touch buttons are very distracting to push while driving.

3. Should I upgrade HTX audio to Bose audio that option is avalible at dealership but I don't really want that extra woofer.
1. Why do you want to downgrade. I am not sure how much ride quality will improve but am sure you will decrease ground clearance by about 1 cm. To me that is more important, since GC is one of the important factor in buying an SUV. If you still wish to do that and happen to visit punjab please exchange with mine. I have htk+. I shall be thankful to you.

2.Again a downgrade. I know the 8' works better but I still miss 10.25' in mine. I wish I had that.

3. Before doing that please compare audio quality in top model and htx do you feel huge difference in the quality. And is the difference worth the money you shall be spending on the upgrade. I am not much into music and all. I love old songs and quite happy with what I get in HTK+.
Old 12th January 2020, 17:04   #249
BHPian

Quote:

I own HTK+ D and have test driven HTX, ride quality is not that great with R16s either that should warrant a downgrade. Would suggest to stick to much better looking R17s and as many owners have suggested maintain tyre pressure at 32psi, I do the same and it makes ride slightly better.
Old 12th January 2020, 18:58   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Either the in-built maps or maps through Android Auto on the HU was running and the warnings chimes were coming due to the speed limit on the roads that you were on was less and your car was around ~90kmph.

EDIT:

Can you switch off the HU and drive again to see if the chimes are heard at those speeds or not.
No, maps or android auto was not on. Only the music system was on, playing songs from a pen drive. I strained my eyes to see if any notification popped up but nothing showed up, only beeps. Planning to use digital speedo next time to check if it shows anything
Old 12th January 2020, 19:16   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There was another beep that kept chiming around speeds of 90 - 95 k (but below 100 k) that did not flash any warning message on the console. Not sure why it was happening but it happened at least half a dozen times. I asked the service advisor about it but he was clueless & kept talking about the continuous beeps that come on at 120 k, a speed that I never touched

If anyone has had this experience, pls let me know what it is & if I should check it out during service.
This the same 80km/hr warning, according to the rules, speed alarm will beep once at least every 2 minutes when we maintain speed in excess of 80hr/hr. Extremely stupid feature I know!
Old 12th January 2020, 19:38   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
This the same 80km/hr warning, according to the rules, speed alarm will beep once at least every 2 minutes when we maintain speed in excess of 80hr/hr. Extremely stupid feature I know!
No, I can confirm it’s not the speed warning. It comes at RANDOM intervals and even when the speed is below 80kmph. During my last drive, it came thrice over a period of ~2hrs and 115 kms. It isn’t linked to Cruise control or the navigation either.

Quote:
No, maps or android auto was not on. Only the music system was on, playing songs from a pen drive. I strained my eyes to see if any notification popped up but nothing showed up, only beeps. Planning to use digital speedo next time to check if it shows anything
There’s no message displayed on the MID irrespective of the display mode. I simply ignore it now.
Old 12th January 2020, 20:26   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Taken it above 80 for long stretches and it definitely does not beep every 2 mins. There is a beep when you cross 80 and if you are reducing speed, another set when you come back to 80.
Old 13th January 2020, 16:33   #254

Quote:
I did a 250km drive from Pune to Alibaug this weekend, and experienced a similar beep. It was around the 100kmph mark and was random from what I remember.

Coming to the drive, I had a good experience in my GTX+ DCT. The total drive was about 130km one way, out of which around 45km was on Expressway, the rest on narrow state highway. The mileage on the expressway, where I went upto 120kmph wherever possible, was a good 17.7kmpl for the 45km stretch. Due to bad roads and light traffic thereafter, the total mileage for the trip was 15.4kmpl, with 2 passengers and light luggage. The same for the return journey was 14kmpl, with 4 passengers and medium luggage.

This is more than what my manual Polo 1.2 Highline would give and am very impressed with the fuel efficiency. In city, I am getting around 9.5kmpl which is also exactly the same as my manual Polo. Since I face bumper to bumper traffic on a daily basis, having the same mileage is also a good trade off since I am getting this in automatic transmission (my left knee thanks me for this everyday) and in a much more comfortable and feature rich vehicle.

I have absolutely no complaints yet.

I had one query about the Kia Link app though. My SA has absolutely no idea about the app (he heard about it from me). Does a separate module need to be installed to be able to use all the features on the app? Since my SA had told me nothing about it, even I am clueless about the same. I just want to use all the possible features of the vehicle, so some insight will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
sohanangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 10:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
I had one query about the Kia Link app though. My SA has absolutely no idea about the app (he heard about it from me). Does a separate module need to be installed to be able to use all the features on the app? Since my SA had told me nothing about it, even I am clueless about the same. I just want to use all the possible features of the vehicle, so some insight will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Kia Link is only for lower variants. You get almost all of those features in UVO for GT variants. For GT variants, Kia Link app is just for booking services and seeing service history.
Thoroughly enjoying my GTX+ Diesel AT, have covered 3000 kms so far in 3 tankfuls (auto cutoff), that puts the mileage around 20 KMPL, higher than the ARAI quoted figures. To be fair, around 80% of the drives were on 4 lane highways on eco mode with fairly sedate driving.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks