Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 16:15   #301
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Whoever has DCT, did you guys got the software updated for DCT heating issue as Kia suggested though you might not have seen the issue per say?
I have a GTX DCT and my SA mentioned I don't need to get any update since I am not facing any such issues.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 10:12. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 19th January 2020, 16:27   #302

Quote:
Whoever has DCT, did you guys got the software updated for DCT heating issue as Kia suggested though you might not have seen the issue per say?

Hi, I had an update done and also the first check up for 1000km. They said the update was only an UVO update. There was no specific update for the heating, which I am anyway not facing, as I’m putting the car into neutral as much as possible.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 10:12. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 19th January 2020, 19:10   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
Hi, I had an update done and also the first check up for 1000km. They said the update was only an UVO update. There was no specific update for the heating, which I am anyway not facing, as I’m putting the car into neutral as much as possible.
Well, I am also not seeing any issues except the fact that an hour b2b drive in an extremely congested area made the temp display turned into yellow ( above 10 points marking ) once , so I am wondering if Kia has a generic solution should we update to it rather than waiting for the issues to come ? Any suggestions?
Old 19th January 2020, 21:01   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I don't remember anyone posting the EW T&C. So here it is.
Congratulations!!! Did you get it signed by Kia Motors' representative or was it signed by your dealer?

Also, most of the T&C are mentioned on their web site at https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html
Old 20th January 2020, 08:06   #305
BHPian

There is something that I don't understand and need the team's input on this. I tried to check the manufacturing date of the Goodyear tyres and usually it is mentioned in the same sequence mentioned after DOT. In my case it is not there or I am looking in the wrong place.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200120_074306.jpg  

Old 20th January 2020, 09:02   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I don't remember anyone posting the EW T&C. So here it is.
So basically the EW doesn't cover any suspension bits (which sometimes EW cover now). What is worrying is no coverage for the ICE as well!
Old 20th January 2020, 09:39   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
There is something that I don't understand and need the team's input on this. I tried to check the manufacturing date of the Goodyear tyres and usually it is mentioned in the same sequence mentioned after DOT. In my case it is not there or I am looking in the wrong place.
Inner sidewall should have the four digit code for the 'DOT Code'. Can you check?!

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th January 2020 at 09:40.
Old 20th January 2020, 10:09   #308

Quote:
Well, I am also not seeing any issues except the fact that an hour b2b drive in an extremely congested area made the temp display turned into yellow ( above 10 points marking ) once , so I am wondering if Kia has a generic solution should we update to it rather than waiting for the issues to come ? Any suggestions?
From what I have read, I don't think they have a solution yet. An hour of b2b traffic is surely going to affect transmission temperature. I face an average of 30 mins b2b traffic on my way home from work, where the temperature gauge goes upto 7/8 usually. I am sure it will be an issue if my traffic time goes upto an hour, but since it does not, I am not too concerned for now. Would love to know however if Kia has found a solution to this, and not a walk-around.
Old 20th January 2020, 10:51   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanangal View Post
From what I have read, I don't think they have a solution yet. An hour of b2b traffic is surely going to affect transmission temperature. I face an average of 30 mins b2b traffic on my way home from work, where the temperature gauge goes upto 7/8 usually. I am sure it will be an issue if my traffic time goes upto an hour, but since it does not, I am not too concerned for now. Would love to know however if Kia has found a solution to this, and not a walk-around.
I don’t think they will have a “solution” ( for that matter it is true for anybody with dry dct not specific to Kia ) anytime soon. As far as I understand, they have sufficient margin limits they keep for the warning now which can be reduced with software, meaning just increase the temp limit set for the warnings. Kia is doing that I guess but my worry is , since it is a limit increase it may surely reach the limit sooner or later. Can someone who has already updated the patch software confirm if they see any issues after the update? What is the temperature range shows now on a b2b traffic pre/post update ?
Old 20th January 2020, 10:58   #310
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

My friend has been allocated with a Seltos HTK+ Petrol and Vin No: MZBEP812LLN065205.
could someone please decode the Vin No for date and year of Mfg or let me where to check it.

Thanx.
Old 20th January 2020, 11:38   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi All,

My friend has been allocated with a Seltos HTK+ Petrol and Vin No: MZBEP812LLN065205.
could someone please decode the Vin No for date and year of Mfg or let me where to check it.

Thanx.
Engine No.: G4FLKV013596
Exterior Color: GWP
Production Date: 2019-12-30
MODEL YEAR: 2020 MODEL YEAR
ENGINE CAPACITY: 15 GAMMA2
TRIM LEVEL: GL
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 12:24   #312
Senior - BHPian

Got call from my SA, that my car has now left the factory and is in transit. He was asking for an acknowledgment that I will be taking delivery to which I agreed.

He is now asking me to arrange finance documents/down payment cheque as the car should reach Delhi in 6-7 days.

So as per promised waiting period of 2 months, I will be getting my car.

When I can get the VIN/Chassis number of the car?
Old 20th January 2020, 12:29   #313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
When I can get the VIN/Chassis number of the car?
As the car has been allotted, you can get the VIN. After decoding it and your PDI done to your satisfaction ONLY then disburse the loan.
Old 20th January 2020, 17:30   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Its a four number code, the first two indicating the number of the week and last two the year of manufacture. A sample picture from TireBuyer.com shows the code.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-determineageoftires2.jpg  

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 20th January 2020 at 17:32.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:17   #315
BHPian

I just completed a fairly long drive, approx 1200 kms and have extensively been testing the "ping" / high speed alarms and these are the findings. This is on a HTX+ Diesel if that counts.

1) There is a 3kmph lag between the speedometer and the digital speedometer. So if the dial is showing 120 kmph the digital one will show 117

2) The speed warning is tied to the digital one, so if you are at 120 per the digital, the alarm will keep sounding, and will stop only at 117 on the digital.

3) There is one beep when you reach 80 (acceleration or deceleration it doesn't matter) and a non stop alarm at 120

4) As other forum patrons reported, there are random beeps and I have noticed these happen randomly when you are at around 106-108 kmph but in the 6th gear and accelerating. These are truly random as far as I can tell and I have not noticed it in lower gears or any other speed range. As to why these happen, I really don't know

5) finally, when you are accelerating at a rapid clip there is a very small lag which makes it appear as though the pings appear randomly (aside from the random ones discussed in point 4), so for instance if it's some quick overtake, and you go from 60-100 in say the 4th gear, then the there is a high chance of a mismatch between the odo and the ping timing.

If anyone else has anything further to add, let me know.

While in principle the idea is sound (as no highway in India has a higher posted speed limit), in reality I found it really annoying and I am wondering if there is any data or science behind it, or it is something some random babu in the transport ministry felt it would be a good idea.
Stribog is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks