Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 16:39   #601
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

So, I raised a query via email to kia customer support for change of gear knob from HTK/HTK+ to HTX+.

This is the break-up of part cost.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6502
Size:  6.2 KB

The email further stated:

Quote:
Parts cost involved 4750/- with Tax Labour 550/- Total cost involved 5301/-.
Warranty effected only new parts which is not fitment this model.
IMO, INR 5300/- is a lot of money for a gear knob.
rahul_goyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:50   #602
BHPian

I have taken delivery of my Seltos. But i get a really unbearable backache on the left after driving this car. I am buying a back rest to check if it helps but anyone else has this issue and using a back rest solved it for them? And does the official kia back rest works? I used to drive a baleno and never faced this issue. Have tried keeping the seat straight and i still have this issue.
Old 6th March 2020, 18:30   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
So, I raised a query via email to kia customer support for change of gear knob from HTK/HTK+ to HTX+.

---

IMO, INR 5300/- is a lot of money for a gear knob.
I was just wondering if this scenario provides a glimpse at the cost of spare parts of KIA. If a part - like a knob - that costs INR 300 for regular car costs over INR 4000 here, I would be worried.
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 18:59   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
I was just wondering if this scenario provides a glimpse at the cost of spare parts of KIA. If a part - like a knob - that costs INR 300 for regular car costs over INR 4000 here, I would be worried.

Once the Corona scare is over and China is back in business, AliExpress will be the savior to dodge these pricey official KIA accessories.
Old 7th March 2020, 16:15   #605
BHPian

Team,

Finally after a wait of more then two months and a pathetic dealership experience highlighted here (Pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia, Mumbai)

I have finally got the delivery of Steel Grey Seltos HTE variant. Trust me the car looks much better and mature without the chrome, I was comparing the it with the other cars which were ready for delivery and they were of higher variants. If anyone has any queries w.r.t. the base variant please do let me know a review will come up once I use the car atleast for a month.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1210.jpg  

Y@SH is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 18:46   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Vehicle performance was smooth as expected but higher than usual traffic meant that I couldn't go over 100 kmph. Also good in a way since the vehicle odo is still under 1000 km.

Can you please throw some light on the following:

1. Does the 1.5 NA feel underpowered while overtaking on the highways? Would you recommend 1.5 Diesel Automatic to someone looking to do occasional highway trips with city driving instead of IVT?
2. Does it inspire confidence while navigating hills/slopes?
3. Have heard about the backside AC vents not being efficient in terms of cooling. Your experience please.

Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 19:15   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth2510 View Post
Can you please throw some light on the following:

1. Does the 1.5 NA feel underpowered while overtaking on the highways? Would you recommend 1.5 Diesel Automatic to someone looking to do occasional highway trips with city driving instead of IVT?
2. Does it inspire confidence while navigating hills/slopes?
3. Have heard about the backside AC vents not being efficient in terms of cooling. Your experience please.

Thanks
I have already replied to point nos 1 & 2 on 1st March. Additionally I'd suggest that you take a long test drive yourself to find out about the pick up on the highways

Reg point no 3, the temp has to be set to 22 deg C or lower to get cool air in the back vents. At 23 or 24, we get only a bit warm air in the back. I asked the service advisor about it & he said that since there's only one blower that serves both front & back vents, it's like that
Old 7th March 2020, 19:16   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Akrish, what is the 0 to 100 acceleration timing of Seltos IVT? Our official review has not conducted review of IVT variant. May be IVT was not made available to them.
Honestly i haven't tried it nor have have the open road to try it out. Will update once i'm able to do that
Old 7th March 2020, 21:07   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I have already replied to point nos 1 & 2 on 1st March. Additionally I'd suggest that you take a long test drive yourself to find out about the pick up on the highways
Apologies, the repeated query was unintentional! I missed that I had asked you the same set of questions before.

Unfortunately there are no IVT test drive vehicles available, even in nearby cities from where I reside (Gujarat). I don't quite understand why KIA would not make the IVT HTX available in most places in Gujarat for a TD.

Also there is limited ownership information from first end users on IVT HTX. I am trying to get a feedback from as many users on TeamBHP as possible before making a final decision; albeit in absence of a first hand TD.

Based on the positive feedback recieved from helpful contributors like yourself, I am almost sold on the IVT HTX (have booked (25k damage till now) and am expecting delivery in mid April (before which I need to be sure)).

Though to be honest, the modest engine specifications (115 PS; 144 NM) are still kind of bothering me.

Last edited by samarth2510 : 7th March 2020 at 21:24. Reason: Clarifying by adding more details
Old 7th March 2020, 22:49   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Though to be honest, the modest engine specifications (115 PS; 144 NM) are still kind of bothering me.
I had a short test drive of HTX IVT for around 5kms, found the engine and gearbox combo to be adequate for normal highway speeds. Didn't feel it to be under powered with 5 people on board.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 23:04   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I have finally got the delivery of Steel Grey Seltos HTE variant. Trust me the car looks much better and mature without the chrome, I was comparing the it with the other cars which were ready for delivery and they were of higher variants. If anyone has any queries w.r.t. the base variant please do let me know a review will come up once I use the car atleast for a month.
Hi Yash,
Congrats on your new car. Looks wonderful in this shade.

Had read about the ordeal you faced with the dealership, in the other thread.
Hope everything is sorted out interms of documentation and car delivery.

Will wait for your ownership log, keen to know, your buying and descision process.

Wish you lots of happy miles ahead.
Old 8th March 2020, 08:28   #612
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a light footed driver with a sedate driving style but I've never had the feeling that the IVT is under powered. It's a pleasure to drive on our roads
akrish01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:36   #613
BHPian

After a long wait of about 2 months, I finally got delivery of my Kia Seltos GTX plus diesel automatic! The car is a beauty and a definitely a head turner! Overall, my experience with VST Central Palace road, Bangalore was excellent! Mr. parikshith was extremely helpful and attended to all my queries and arranged a PDI.

I had specifically asked for 2020 model. However, I couldnt find any VIN decoders online to double check. I took all the basic accessories offered since I dont have to bother about it later. Also, bought extended warranty for 5 years. So, far ive driven 1000 km and defintely the engine is quite refined.

Pros:
Engine refinement
Bells and whistles
Stunning Looks
Size and overall quality

Cons:
ICE has too many warnings and alarms
Rattling sound from the back when driving
Tire pressure monitor cannot be recalibrated to lower PSI and keeps beeping

Since, its a new company and a new car in India, it was a risk to buy it. But, in the end no regrets and definitely the SUV is miles ahead of its competitors in the same category.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-team1.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-team2.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-team3.jpg  

kiranjoshy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 19:07   #614
Senior - BHPian

To engage "S" mode, move the gear lever to D, then to the right (strangely, there's no marking for S here - it's there on the instrument cluster). To engage manual mode, get into "S" mode and move the lever up to upshift and down to downshift (just the way we like it). No paddle shifters provided:

Hello all , I'm new to this forum.Thank you to the moderators for approving my membership.Glad to be in the good company of hard core petrol heads.

I too own a seltos - D - AT . I learned from this thread that there exists a sports mode for my car though i've been using it's manual mode from day one. Now one query to the fellow Seltos owners here .

I'm not feeling much difference( or any) in power between the auto mode and sports mode.The car's response is the same in both modes I feel. Is there anything I'm missing out in enabling the sports mode I wonder

And there's no mention of sports mode for diesel auto box in the car's manual.As mentioned in the official report , there's no marking of S in the shift lever either but how can a manufacturer miss out mentioning such a salient feature in the car

Appreciate your response. thanks

NOTE : I Wanted to reply for the first para highlighted in the thread but couldn't find a reply button for it.. Used the quote button instead
Old 8th March 2020, 23:00   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the air purifier in Seltos have an ionizer? Or is it just a paper filter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks