Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 11:33   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Kia Seltos released new TVC by tagline Don't mess with Badass.
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 13:11   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
How much do the Service Center charge for the O2 sensor cleaning and the active regeneration.
They don't charge anything but at least few litres of fuel would get burned during the active regeneration. The car is made to idle at higher rpm ( 2000 or so ) for 20-25 minutes and in some cases even 40 minutes depending on the extent of blockage. In my friend's car, it took at least an hour and half of idling owing to the process failure when it was 98% complete.

In fact they should compensate us

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 19th March 2020 at 13:32.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:22   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
They don't charge anything but at least few litres of fuel would get burned during the active regeneration.
This probably might change once all the free services are exhausted. The process failure at near completion and start all over again is a real bummer - this is like literally adding fuel to fire, all over again
Old 19th March 2020, 15:34   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
This probably might change once all the free services are exhausted. The process failure at near completion and start all over again is a real bummer - this is like literally adding fuel to fire, all over again
This situation wouldn't arise once we're on BS 6. The car should run without any DPF or engine light warning till it goes for scheduled service (every 10 k). With the BS 6 diesel containing only 1/5 th of sulphur content as against BS 4 diesel , this active regeneration may well be a maintenance activity every 20k kms or so or even more. That's just my guess

Yes they would bill the customer just like in any other scheduled maintenance.
Old 19th March 2020, 16:07   #680
BHPian

Has anybody tried BS6 petrol ? Is there any performance difference BS4 Vs BS6 ?
Old 19th March 2020, 17:13   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
IMO, I would like to blame the premium fuel here but it could be mere coincidence too. I am not an expert but have reasons to believe that premium fuel is not right for Seltos D.
I got it looked into during the 5k km check up (service seems too broad a word here) and the knowledgeable SA told me that while he has no specific data to back it up, anecdotally though he said that he often sees cars using premium diesel with this issue.

This does tie into your own studies on the matter.

Am going to now run on regular diesel to see how it plays out.

Quote:
I just want to recheck if the engine warning light is on or it's the DPF warning light.\
It is the same orange light in the images below. I did drive the car at 100 kmph over 20 mins but the issue didn't fix itself and needed it to be manually fixed in the service centre.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:18   #682
BHPian

Car Damaged during second service.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_02.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_03.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_04.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_05.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_01.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Sarvodaya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:24   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
It is the same orange light in the images below. I did drive the car at 100 kmph over 20 mins but the issue didn't fix itself and needed it to be manually fixed in the service centre.
Then it's the engine warning light that you have. Driving at >2000 rpm for 25 minutes is recommended only in case of DPF warning light. ( 2nd image in my previous post )

I would advise against continuing to drive since the engine warning light can pop up for reasons other than exhaust malfunction. Even if it's the DPF warning light, by continuing to drive the car for long time ( apart from the recommended 25 minutes) can cause damage to DPF besides increase in fuel consumption. Needless to say DPF is an expensive component.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200319191531_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 19th March 2020 at 19:24. Reason: spacing corrected
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 19:51   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I got it looked into during the 5k km check up (service seems too broad a word here) and the knowledgeable SA told me that while he has no specific data to back it up, anecdotally though he said that he often sees cars using premium diesel with this issue... Am going to now run on regular diesel to see how it plays out....I did drive the car at 100 kmph over 20 mins but the issue didn't fix itself and needed it to be manually fixed in the service centre.
Unfortunately, it may not be as simple as choice of fuel - premium or regular. The DPFs in diesel vehicles depend on highway driving cycles to bring them up to the desired high temperature and fuel injected to burn the soot away (regen). A vehicle used with an urban stop-go driving cycle usually will not bring the DPF to the required high temperature and therefore will not burn the soot, resulting in clogging. This appears to be the weak point in design of BS-6 diesels, which is not clearly advised to the vehicle owner by the OEM - the need for highway driving cycles.

Check out this video by John Cadogan, an Australian explaining the problems they are having Down Under, including premature failures of DPFs:

MODS- if posting this link is against the rules, request remove it.
Old 19th March 2020, 20:13   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Has anybody tried BS6 petrol ? Is there any performance difference BS4 Vs BS6 ?
The Seltos was launched with BS6 engine. It never had a BS4 engine.
Old 19th March 2020, 20:36   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The Seltos was launched with BS6 engine. It never had a BS4 engine.

Sorry for the confusion , what I meant is BS4 petrol Vs BS6 petrol in BS6 Petrol engine
Old 19th March 2020, 21:07   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Sorry for the confusion , what I meant is BS4 petrol Vs BS6 petrol in BS6 Petrol engine
Whatever fuel I get I fill. I have found no difference. I have not noticed any problem in the 1.4T petrol. So you are good to go. Same feedback from my 1.5Petrol neighbor
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 22:34   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Whatever fuel I get I fill. I have found no difference. I have not noticed any problem in the 1.4T petrol. So you are good to go. Same feedback from my 1.5Petrol neighbor

Thank you. Good to know that. Can we mix BS4 and BS6 fuel? Theoretically I don't see any issues especially in petrol since BS4 petrol is ok with BS6 engines , but just wanted to get general feedback.
Old 20th March 2020, 12:16   #689
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos Mid - Variants to get more features from next month in India with a marginal hike in price.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-seltos-mi...onth-in-india/
Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:12   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Then it's the engine warning light that you have. .
Thanks. I called my relationship manager and she checked and told me it is okay to drive and I can sustain for the 250 kms that would get me to the 5k service mark.

It was both triggering my mini ocd and the worry in the back of my head meant that I took it in to the service ahead of time and they fixed it.

Strangely my city driving mileage has gone from 15kmpl to around 17 now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Unfortunately, it may not be as simple as choice of fuel - premium or regular.

Thanks, I will stick to Vpower, anyway one more top up and I will be in Apr with the launch of bs6. That should take care of this issue.

Guys a basic question, how do you switch off only the screen in the HU. Sometimes even night mode is too bright. I would rather go old school and just have the music and a darkened console.

Most Viewed