Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2020, 01:08   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Unrelated can someone recommend a decent brand of underseat sub woofer, not very pricey, budget / entry level pricing would do.
Stribog, won't installing underseat subwoofer impact the warranty? I have gtx plus dct and I am thinking of subwoofer as the last resort and am planning to go with door damping first and see what it does to the sound quality. However, I would be interested to know about the way wiring is done for the underseat subwoofer whenever you get it installed.
Old 16th May 2020, 01:24   #872
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Stribog, won't installing underseat subwoofer impact the warranty? I have gtx plus dct and I am thinking of subwoofer as the last resort and am planning to go with door damping first and see what it does to the sound quality. However, I would be interested to know about the way wiring is done for the underseat subwoofer whenever you get it installed.
Hi Civic just watched a few videos on YT and read a few reviews, looks like these amp+subs don't require too much of wire cutting, besides I checked with my SA via whatsapp and he said technically yes it will violate the warranty but not a big issue. I personally trust him because he was previously with Hyundai and I have been giving my cars to him from 2006, he heads the division now but handles my car personally.

As long as you don't complain of any electrical faults, should be okay.

Remapping definitely is a no no but again he said that off the record, many of his Hyundai customers did it and unless the service center had cause to check the map for whatever reason it never came up.
Old 16th May 2020, 02:16   #873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
However, I would be interested to know about the way the wiring is done for the underseat subwoofer whenever you get it installed.
+

Quote:
...just watched a few videos on YT and read a few reviews, looks like these amp+subs don't require too much of wire cutting.
Shouldn't be difficult as there is amplifier underneath one of the seats hence taking signal inputs shouldn't be in issue. To power the subwoofer, 2 wires needed = +12V from battery with an inline fuse and a ground connection. A remote turn on wire may be needed to 'tell' the amplifier to turn on once the HU has.

Depending on the subwoofer chosen, it could get source signal either by high level (speaker level) or low level (RCA) inputs from HU. Since the Bose amplifier is near, the input signal can be tapped without splicing making it completely plug and play.

Quote:
Remapping definitely is a no no but again he said that off the record, many of his Hyundai customers did it and unless the service centre had cause to check the map for whatever reason it never came up.
My car is 2.7 years old and 76,000 kms done. After remap, the car has covered 55,000 kms with services done till 50k at the ASC. No issues at all regarding warranty even with all those modifications that I've done on my car since Day 3. As long as no wires are spliced and care is taken to plan out MODS that remain plug and play where one can revert to stock as fast as possible, it won't be an issue.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 10:37   #874
Senior - BHPian

New Kia Seltos SUVs at dealer stockyard damaged in Delhi storm.

https://www.rushlane.com/new-kia-sel...-12361535.html
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 11:18   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+
My car is 2.7 years old and 76,000 kms done. After remap, the car has covered 55,000 kms with services done till 50k at the ASC. No issues at all regarding warranty even with all those modifications that I've done on my car since Day 3.
After the Remap , did you tell the SA not to do any Ecu update every time you drop it for service? The reason why I was asking is , in case there are some ecu update from Hyundai it shows in their service computer and they mostly update it while servicing , won’t it remove your remap then? How do you make sure your remap is intact? Also have they done remapping via obd2 or they had to open ecu box ?
Old 16th May 2020, 11:41   #876
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
After the Remap, did you tell the SA not to do any Ecu update every time you drop it for service?
I have never received any information that any kind of software (ECU) update has ever come for the Creta and even if it did, I would have been informed by my SA.

Also, every time I hand the car for service, I make sure the job card is prepared in front of me and after I sign it, the car goes in for service. All I have been informed was of a software update for the HU.

Maybe the newer generation cars may receive some kind of updates and if that happens, the existing remap file would be wiped off and once they know it has been remapped, the warranty would be out of the room. So it again depends how well one is in contact with the SA or the Service Manager for being forewarned about any ECU update etc.

Quote:
How do you make sure your remap is intact?
I am there around the car and as I said, job card is prepared so I know what all works they would perform on my car.

Quote:
Also have they done remapping via obd2 or they had to open each box?
First time when I got the remap, the ECU was opened. Recently when I did revert to stock, the process of writing the stock file was done without opening the ECU.

From now on, how many ever times I remap or revert to stock, ECU won't be opened.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th May 2020 at 11:51.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 13:44   #877
Senior - BHPian

Just re posting one which I updated on another thread

"I own a Seltos D - AT HTX+. After having benefited from the presence of ESC in my other car on more than one occassion, that's one safety feature I badly miss in my Seltos. ESC had saved me couple of times from crashing, one was on a wet twisty.

I would've really traded off the sunroof, ventilated seats, power assisted seats, Start Stop feature , the big infotainment screen, Bose system and got an ESC instead. Hope Kia is listening !

ABS and front airbags are now mandatory for all cars. I strongly feel ESC should be made mandatory too."

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4805766 (Electronic Stability Control In Indian Cars?)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 16th May 2020 at 13:45.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 15:36   #878
BHPian

So I had a call with Mr Shibin from Pete's. Very helpful and informed gentleman, following were bis points,

1) Kia diesel has 4 different ECM's, of which they have remapped only 2, the other 2 are pending code.

2) they can get a bump of 20-24% in Power and Torque (in line with Anurag's remap) he said that some tuners promise even 30% but that's not advised and could harm the engine

3) mileage, assuming all things remaining constant will increase by 5-8% but he says he only commits to same milage as this increment also depends on driving styles and with more power and torque this might change pre / post map.

4) cost will be approx Rs 24,000 if done in Cochin or another 2k more if done in Chennai.

I for one am excited about this, also he said to plan for 5-6 hours total for the process. Moment inter state movement is allowed I plan on driving down to Bangalore to get this done.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 15:52   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I had a call with Mr Shibin from Pete's. Very helpful and informed gentleman, following were bis point
Shibin is a reliable guy and now heads Pete's in Kochi IIRC. My Laura TDI was remapped by Kochi Pete's 5 years back and I'm happy with my car's performance even today. They're a professional bunch. I'm keenly watching your progress as I'm toying with the idea too of a Pete's remap for my D-AT Seltos.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 16th May 2020 at 15:56.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 17:19   #880
Senior - BHPian

Kia starts home delivery of Seltos.

Anurag Sinha, Gurgaon-based professional became one of the first people to get the delivery of the Seltos during this lockdown period. He has shared pictures of the vehicle delivery that happened at his home.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200516171629_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200516171646_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200516171656_chrome.jpg

https://www.cartoq.com/kia-seltos-home-delivery/
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 23:25   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Shibin is a reliable guy and now heads Pete's in Kochi IIRC. My Laura TDI was remapped by Kochi Pete's 5 years back and I'm happy with my car's performance even today. They're a professional bunch. I'm keenly watching your progress as I'm toying with the idea too of a Pete's remap for my D-AT Seltos.
Cool! I am also planning to do the remapping for my 1.4TGDI DCT, and Pete's Cochin is an option I am actively considering. Waiting for my second service to get over so the lockdown. It looks like most of the tuners started giving maps for Seltos , hence curious to know if anyone has already done the same. Btw, Pete's facebook page suggests that currently 40% discount offer is going on for remaps!!
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 23:42   #882
Senior - BHPian

Is the red on the top end variants and base models of the same shades?
Every time I've seen an HTK in red it looks brownish red whereas the above posted pics of the HTX variant seem to be just dark red.
Old 17th May 2020, 01:38   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Is the red on the top end variants and base models of the same shades?
Every time I've seen an HTK in red it looks brownish red whereas the above posted pics of the HTX variant seem to be just dark red.
The shade is uniform across the variants. Color difference is due to the picture contrast/lighting.
Old 17th May 2020, 02:43   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Definitely. Am just waiting for inter state travel to be permitted and things to settle down a bit. Will be getting this done on priority.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 12:10   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember around 5-6 years ago - there was a thread about whether we'll be willing to move to e-platforms for car "shopping" instead of physical dealerships. IIRC response was overwhelmingly in favour of the old-school dealership experience. Here we have COVID19 throwing a spanner in what was a pretty smooth sailing machine for decades. Suddenly every car maker is now literally forced to pick up the e-channels for sales & delivery of cars to customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia starts home delivery of Seltos.

Anurag Sinha, Gurgaon-based professional became one of the first people to get the delivery of the Seltos during this lockdown period. He has shared pictures of the vehicle delivery that happened at his home.
I wonder what would happen to the "negotiations" on the final quote in this case during the booking and finalization stages of a sale? Customer is losing out on some opportunities here is it? Incidentally there is a hot thread on negotiations right now too! Here. (Are you good at negotiating? How much did you bargain off your new / used car?)

I think the online booking processes mostly will only be limited to getting customer data and assigning a dealer of choice. Afterwards it will mostly be tele-cons to do the financial discussions etc. So hopefully the negotiations will remain.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th May 2020 at 12:16.

Most Viewed