Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2020, 17:38   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The dealer had stated that any defects in the car shall be fixed under warranty. As of now there was defects spotted in the car.
My car had damaged in flood and the boss system is dead and it is costing near a lakh for replacement. Insurance has been claimed. The ventilated seats for both the seats are summing up to a very expensive bill. I haven't got back my car due to delay of spares.
But these replacements are coming by way of insurance than EW I reckon. I feel the dealer merely stating any defects shall be fixed under warranty has to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. Guess the fine prints would come into play.

Meanwhile, what's the tentative time line they've given for spares to arrive ? Hope you get it soon.
Old 17th June 2020, 18:02   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
But these replacements are coming by way of insurance than EW I reckon. I feel the dealer merely stating any defects shall be fixed under warranty has to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. Guess the fine prints would come into play.

Meanwhile, what's the tentative time line they've given for spares to arrive ? Hope you get it soon.
A school friend of my brother works there and he has mentioned that the parts will arrive this week. The car has been serviced and road tested and there was no damage caused (Not starting your engine during flood helped alot).
The car is lying dirty in a sorry state inside the workshop waiting for the parts. The wash in and out is pending which will be done prior to delivery.

Their service station is filled 95% with new cars and 5% of actual cars to be worked on. My neighbor got his car in 3 days. It was an HTK+ (no amplifier or ventilated seats = no damage)
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 19:00   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Are these reasonable T&C or the extended warranty is an eye wash ?
Slightly off topic, but the below is the list of components not covered in the Nexa 5 year extended warranty of our Baleno, taken from the warranty document. I am attaching the terms document as well. It seems that the terms are quite similar.
Edit: Behind the T-BHP watermark, it says "Humming sounds from any component".
Kia Seltos : Official Review-capture.jpg
EW.pdf

Last edited by Researcher : 17th June 2020 at 19:01. Reason: Added a comment
Researcher is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 20:12   #1084
BHPian

Folks .. a quick background.
Been considering a Creta for a little while now and in fact had booked an SX(O) 1.4 Petrol DCT just before the lockdown. However, delivery got delayed and when Kia announced it MY2020 offering the GTX+ with all black interiors, I decided to switch to the Seltos.

IMHO, the 360 parking camera and front parking sensors of the Seltos score over the panaromic sunroof and paddle shifters of the Creta any day, everything else is mostly even stevens.

While I was going through the finalization process for the Seltos, I realized that the price differential between the GTX+ petrol and diesel variants is barely anything. While my driving does not really warrant a diesel mill, was wondering if I could seek opinions on the Seltos Petrol Turbo + DCT v/s Diesel + AT.
Old 17th June 2020, 20:20   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
While I was going through the finalization process for the Seltos, I realized that the price differential between the GTX+ petrol and diesel variants is barely anything. While my driving does not really warrant a diesel mill, was wondering if I could seek opinions on the Seltos Petrol Turbo + DCT v/s Diesel + AT.
Do you drive long distance daily? Mileage is your concern? Looking for a reliable gearbox? Go for Diesel.

You like some extra punch and a quick gearbox? Mileage isn't your concern? Go for Petrol.

Personally the diesel doesn't deserve the GT badging. It makes no sense. How about test driving them yourself back to back and decide which one to go for.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 20:21   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
The below post is my response to your query. If you've a large share of your driving within city limits, then Diesel AT is a better bet in my opinion for ease of drivability. No doubt DCT is more fun to drive but at the expense of poor mileage and possibly an unreliable gear box in the longer run. Having said that, the diesel AT is no slouch either.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4821631 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 17th June 2020 at 20:25.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 21:48   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The shade is uniform across the variants. Color difference is due to the picture contrast/lighting.
Are you sure about this? I know the white in the HTE/K variant is different than the ones from HTK+ and above. I saw a brand new HTK red car today parked near the dealership and it looked to be a deeper shade of red and less metallic than the one on the HTX parked nearby.
Old 18th June 2020, 22:03   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Are you sure about this? I know the white in the HTE/K variant is different than the ones from HTK+ and above. I saw a brand new HTK red car today parked near the dealership and it looked to be a deeper shade of red and less metallic than the one on the HTX parked nearby.
That is the way the intense red color is. You'll love it inside the showroom. Outside, it looks more like the carnelian red found in all honda cars. A little dust and it looks too dull. The closer you are, the brighter it gets .
jothishX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 21:12   #1089
BHPian

The Bose speaker system costs a lakh? Its effect can be had with a 50k aftermarket system
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 21:30   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Which kind of settings can you please elaborate? I have HTK+, it may be beneficial information.
Sorry, with the lockdown in place, I never got a chance to explore the ICE in detail. However recently, I going through various options and found that the ICE has options to display drive information - speed, idle time, etc. Since these info would come from the ECU, it might be difficult to fit this ICE in the HTE variant.

Another BHPian has covered this in his review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Infotainment System:

Displays trip information by default:
Attachment 2006741
Old 19th June 2020, 21:50   #1091
FGP

Possibly a way to overcome the lack of wireless Apple CarPlay in the Seltos. The website of the manufacturer indicates that it is compatible with cars manufactured by Kia between 2015 to 2020.

Thanks to BHPian Joxster for sharing this find on his thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-wireless.html

It's not available on Amazon, but the manufacturers website appears to ship to India.
Old 21st June 2020, 18:31   #1092
BHPian

I would like to start my team-bhp journey by thanking all the esteemed members of this forum, especially those who are contributing on the Seltos thread. Your views, reviews, observations and opinions have helped immensely to shape my thought process culminating in a Seltos parked in my garage today. A BIG thank you for one and all !

At last, we have taken delivery of GTX plus D-AT in Steel Silver color few days back.
It was not any easy decision to put it mildly, whether to go for Seltos or not and if Seltos, then, choosing the right variant, right engine and transmission and even the right color.. it was a looong drawn process filled with delibrations, dilemmas, swings and sways. The prevailing COVID-19 and lock-down situation also added its own share of additional consideration to the mix. If I look back, the entire exercise was an experience by itself which I would like to pen down one day, hoping that it will benefit someone or the other in their purchase process for better or worse.

Well, there is nothing new that I can talk about which has not been discussed already in this forum. But I didn't come across any member posting their purchase of MY20 version of Seltos so far. Hence thought of creating this post if it is of interest for anyone.

The biggest feature gain in MY20 for has been the all black interiors now available in GTX+ trim. Personally, we like the black interiors, our previous car had it. It has no claustrophobic effect at all, but I must say the black leather with red stitching has upped the sportiness quotient of the Seltos a notch higher.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_8395.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_8394.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_8397.jpg

Other feature updates in GTX+ are minimal and cosmetic in nature. The "Hello Kia" wakeup command is just gimmicky to say the least. It has a mind of its own! I would be happy to share any other information about MY20 version if anyone is interested.

There has not been many opportunities to the use the car thanks to WFH and online school situation, but we have been enjoying short joy rides on highways on last two weekends just to experience and familiarize with the new car. Coming from a 13 year old Swift VXi, it been a world of difference with Seltos. The decision to own a diesel was rather an unconventional choice considering our needs and the current market trend, but we simply put our faith on the team-bhp's official recommendation. It is smooth and a pleasure to drive within the city and more so on highways. All the bells and whistles and creature comforts that comes with GTX+ adds up to the overall ownership experience.

Couple of newbie questions I had
- Having been a loyal customer of Shell petrol bunks in Whitefield area in Bangalore, any idea if Shell petrol bunks are dispensing BS6 diesel? I asked the operator, he didnt have any clue. He was rather promoting Super Diesel. Their website also doesnt mention anything about it.

- Coming from a petrol background, any best practices/tips for driving Diesel specifically with AT ? I could see lot of references for manual diesels, but quite less for automatic diesels.
As mentioned in owners manual, I am following few seconds of idle rule while starting and stopping the engine. But things like, is it necessary to keep pressure on A-pedal always like in petrol or is it ok to lift it off occasionally to take advantage of torquey nature of diesels ?
How to avoid excessive break wear with automatics as they seem to be the only way to control the vehicle. For eg., in traffic signal, is it D or N with handbrake pulled ? I dont like the practice of keeping leg on brakes all the time at signals.
mankuthimma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 09:37   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
At last, we have taken delivery of GTX plus D-AT in Steel Silver color few days back.
Hi,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Seltos. Me too have finalized on Seltos GTX Plus D+AT for the family. I think we have both been in the same shoes. My family usage doesn't warrant a diesel at all and the usage would mostly be inside city premises. But for the need of a reliable automatic in the long run I had to choose the diesel auto from the mix.

Liked the performance and refinement of this engine transmission combo. Didn't felt the smoothness of gear shifts too far behind the DCT gearbox, but a logical compromise when the reliability factor is taken into consideration. We too had only used petrol engines in our family. This is going to be our first diesel car.
But I hope the newer diesels doesn't require much more care or maintenance than the newer turbocharged direct injection petrol engine(currently using a EcoSport Ecoboost myself) do. The Idling rule I follow in my EcoSport and its something easy to be tought to the family.

If i may ask what was your waiting period. My SA is quoting a period of 2-3 months. Do i need to enquire somewhere else?

Wish you a happy and safe ownership experience.
blueeyed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:37   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
I

Couple of newbie questions I had
- Having been a loyal customer of Shell petrol bunks in Whitefield area in Bangalore, any idea if Shell petrol bunks are dispensing BS6 diesel? I asked the operator, he didnt have any clue. He was rather promoting Super Diesel. Their website also doesnt mention anything about it.

- Coming from a petrol background, any best practices/tips for driving Diesel specifically with AT ? I could see lot of references for manual diesels, but quite less for automatic diesels.
Congrats and welcome to both TBhP and Kia Seltos family.

This is anecdotal but on my 6k driven HTX+ Diesel manual kia, I filled up in Shell, their super variant and both times my DPF started acting up. The SA told me they noticed this trend and asked me to avoid.

This was pre bs6 roll out though. I usually fill BP and never had this DPF issue.

Always ensure you have a 3-4 min running in when you first start the car after a long gap, and 3-4 min idle before shutting her down.

I usually use this time to do my dusting, or setting up the NAV etc.

Other things we have in this forum figured out by trial and error,

1) UVo is the weakest link in the Kia Seltos armour, it's super glitchy at times. So buy a very good quality cable to start with, wait till it synchs up entirely before starting as sometimes it will only play media via your phone. Also check in settings if your BT is connected to both phone and media, it randomly disconnects and you won't have media on the ICE in this case, only calls

2) the rear AC vent is just that, a vent. Also bad engineering from Kia means the ac duct runs close to the exhaust so any AC temp setting above 23*c means you will get warm air tossed out the back. So keep it at or below 23*c at all times if you have rear seat passengers

Other than that, enjoy this lovely machine. Wishing you many happy kms of driving
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:39   #1095

Hello fellow BHPians, Hope all are safe and sound.

I own a Seltos GTX+ Diesel Auto model. I have two queries.

1. I happened to sit on the backseat of the car specifically on the right side and noticed some noise especially on the bad roads, not sure if its from the parcel tray or from the suspension/tyre. I am not hearing it while sitting on left side of the rear seat.

2. I am planning to upgrade the Space Saver Spare wheel to the regular size ie 215/60/R17 by exchanging. I was wondering if the spare wheel is already equipped with TPMS.

Any insight on both cases?

Thanks in advance, stay safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks