Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 11:18   #1366
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Seeking your advise, please....

I gave my Kia Seltos GTX DCT today for the 3rd service (free).
I was offered the "My Convenience" Service Maintenance Package at about Rs.28,500 for 5 years.
Is it worth going for this?
Kindly advise.
I received an SMS from KIA India about this plan. I went through the plans and one thing which caught my eye - you purchase this maintenance package from the dealer and you have to go to the same dealer for all the services in this period.

For me, this was a sure-shot deal breaker. They have a provision of 'transferring' the package to another dealer after paying certain amount, which is not convenient.

Their plans seem confusing. You can opt for one service from each group for free but it seems this is free for just once in the whole 5 year period. At my cursory glance, the package didn't seem lucrative to me. If anyone has done a detailed analysis, please chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Just heard from a Seltosian that there's a recall happening for fuel pump for certain batch of Seltos. When my friend's car went in for service, they had the pop up in their system that indicated his car is in the list. They inspected the fuel lines and fuel pump and he was told that it's fine and doesn't need any replacement. Has anyone got more details on this?
Any other details available? Is this for petrol, diesel, AT or MT?

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th October 2020 at 11:24.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:19   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Just heard from a Seltosian that there's a recall happening for fuel pump for certain batch of Seltos. When my friend's car went in for service, they had the pop up in their system that indicated his car is in the list. They inspected the fuel lines and fuel pump and he was told that it's fine and doesn't need any replacement. Has anyone got more details on this?
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:56   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I received an SMS from KIA India about this plan. I went through the plans and one thing which caught my eye - you purchase this maintenance package from the dealer and you have to go to the same dealer for all the services in this period.

For me, this was a sure-shot deal breaker. They have a provision of 'transferring' the package to another dealer after paying certain amount, which is not convenient.

Their plans seem confusing. You can opt for one service from each group for free but it seems this is free for just once in the whole 5 year period. At my cursory glance, the package didn't seem lucrative to me. If anyone has done a detailed analysis, please chime in.

Any other details available? Is this for petrol, diesel, AT or MT?
Thank you for this. I've been told that I need to decide today itself if I want the package... I'm not sure that's true.
Old 14th October 2020, 17:17   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Thank you for this. I've been told that I need to decide today itself if I want the package... I'm not sure that's true.
Seems like a pressure tactics by the dealer, I couldn't find any deadline to opt for the program in the document that I received. As such this program has been launched by Kia but the service centers are the beneficiaries.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th October 2020 at 17:18.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 21:11   #1370
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I was in the market to replace our Volkswagen Polo petrol 1.2 highline with a car in the budget of 20 to 25L.

Minimum requirements I was looking for in the car:
- It has to be an SUV or Crossover with decent ground clearance.
- Should be loaded with the latest features [ I am not a fan of sun roof ]
- Good drive comfort with AUTO box, preferably Torque converter.
- More importantly wifee has to like the car and drive in Mangalore city with ease as I am a Merchant navy Chief Engineer and away from land for more than 6 months in a year. So I don't want my SUV/Crossover to sit idle in the parking lot.

Following vehicles were short listed:
1. Tata Harrier XZA+ :
Called up Tata show room at Mangalore on & asked for a test drive of Automatic variant. I was expecting a call next day, but got no response. Tata show room opens on Sunday also here. Called up sales and found out test drive vehicle is available and I can drop in at their show room. At 3pm visited show room, only to find out test drive vehicle is not there.
Next day I only called up and visited show room and test drive Harrier AT XZA+ was there in red colour. The whole process was looking like I am only interested to buy and none of the Tata show room guys are ever bothered to sell their 20L product to me.
Barring show room experience, Harrier AT was simply superb with comfortable drive on bad roads and pickup was great. AT box was smooth and bad roads were handled with ease and nothing felt inside.
Now it was my wife's turn to test drive Harrier. She was comfortable at high way roads and when we started approaching city she was scared and not very comfortable in traffic area due to its size. Later I also realised it is difficult to drive in city traffic. Our mostly drive is 70% city and around 30% high way. We wanted to keep only 1 car. So Harrier was dropped with a heavy heart.

2. Duster 1.3 Turbo petrol CVT:
Test drive vehicle was available and SA bought car to our apartment. Superb pick-up and CVT was responding to correct gear at throttle response. Drive was very comfortable as duster still keeps magic carpet ride quality. Dated looks and interiors were big drawback to go against Duster.

3. Kia Seltos GTX Plus Diesel AT:
Called local Kia show room, they responded and followed up regularly till I reach show room. SA was standing outside after seeing my car. Seltos features were explained and test drive car arranged in 15 mins.
Seltos GTX Plus Diesel AT is packed with many segment 1st features. Fit and finish was top notch. Diesel AT was a breeze to drive in the crowded city. Driving on bad roads were felt slightly. Pickup in NORMAL mode was good enough in city drive. Engine is refined and engine sounds were hardly audible inside cabin. Cabin insulation was good. 360 Degree camera and blind view monitor camera became an instant liking. Ergonomics were spot on.
Now it was my wife's turn and she was comfortable at city outskirts and I asked her to drive in the city traffic and park the Seltos at our parking space in our apartment. She drove and parked it confidently. Soon after the test drive, we decided to book the Kia seltos GTX plus diesel AT in black colour [As black colour is my daughter's favourite colour].
Purchase process was all smooth, paid 25K booking amount on Sunday on 30th August. As promised vehicle reached dealers stock yard by 12th. VIN was checked and found vehicle was built in Sept month 2020. Inspection was carried out as per detailed Team-BHP PDI checklist, found out all in order.
Very happy to see that the dealers in the Stock yard themselves had many checks as prescribed by Kia motors and all of them were followed correctly.
- Insurance was taken from outside Royal Sundaram for 38K zero dep with 3 year 3rd party coverage. As Kia was quoting 63K.
- Original tyres were swapped with Yokohama Blue earth RV 225 x 60 x 17R outside local tyre dealer.
We took delivery on 19th Sept. Initial short city drive experience was excellent. Next week planning for my native place visit, which is 400km one way. Will update the drive accordingly. Few photos during delivery, stock yard inspection and during under body coating
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200919wa0017.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200919wa0016.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200918wa0045.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200910wa0029.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20200918wa0031.jpeg  

Last edited by Venkatesh.H : 14th October 2020 at 21:13. Reason: Few additional details for photos
Venkatesh.H is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 16:40   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Seltos Anniversary edition prices revealed. It is based on the HTX trim. Prices for the Anniversary Edition are Rs 41,000 higher than the standard HTX.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20201015163812_chrome.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20201015163855_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...75-lakh-418916
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 22:03   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Seltos Anniversary edition prices revealed. It is based on the HTX trim. Prices for the Anniversary Edition are Rs 41,000 higher than the standard HTX.
Instead of buying the anniversary addition with those distasteful and overdone elements it would be better to invest those 41K in those beautiful GT line alloys which would really enhance the look of the car.

Last edited by sv97 : 15th October 2020 at 22:11.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 08:34   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Kia had changed the brake booster few weeks back on the car in question. Initially they swapped brake booster from seemingly their test car and asked the owner to drive it for few days. Owner did so for 600-700 kms without any issue. Post that, they replaced it with a new one under warranty and is working fine since then.

Please find my earlier updates on this issue for those who have missed it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4813886 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4861228 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Update : The issue of brake pedal getting hard and brake failure has resurfaced in this car couple of days back even after changing brake booster. As updated by the owner, he has figured out that when the brake pedal goes hard with no braking action, pressing the clutch pedal immediately down makes the brakes to come back to normal. Owners who have manual Seltos can keep this in mind for a quick recovery in case one is faced with this.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 17:55   #1374
BHPian

The windshield of my Seltos has been fogging up recently, called my SA, he instantly told me that as I had purchased my car in Nov last year (surprised he remembered) this was a known issue, that a filter needs to be changed, and he will check if it is in stock.

Calls me back in 2 mins, says there is exactly 1 left in stock, that tomorrow the service centre is booked up, he will arrange a pick up on Monday (as I need to go to work, can't drop it in personally), get the filter replaced and then car dropped back - all of it at no cost.

Am amazed at the level of service, but will still only give it a 9/10 because I just got my car back (a week ago) from the 10k service, and they should have ideally changed it then. For the record I didn't complain about this fogging as it was not that bad, but it has progressively been getting worse.
Old 16th October 2020, 20:27   #1375
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I have bought a Seltos HTK Plus Diesel Auto and would be taking the delivery on Sunday. This is my first automatic vehicle and I have zero experience on how to use it properly and precautions I need to take to prolong the life of the Auto transmission.

Can you guys give me some pointers regarding how should I operate the vehicle and if possible, can someone share the user manual for the Diesel auto variant.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th October 2020, 21:10   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I have bought a Seltos HTK Plus Diesel Auto and would be taking the delivery on Sunday. This is my first automatic vehicle and I have zero experience on how to use it properly and precautions I need to take to prolong the life of the Auto transmission.

Can you guys give me some pointers regarding how should I operate the vehicle and if possible, can someone share the user manual for the Diesel auto variant.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Buddy,
Congratulations on booking Kia seltos.
Kia owners manual pdf is 22mb. we cannot post more than 20mb.
During delivery time, Kia Service staff will assist in downloading and activating UVO and Kia Service apps. Kia Service app has soft copy of owners manuals.
Venkatesh.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 08:14   #1377

Hi Guys,
I have finally booked my GTX+ D A black color and will take the delivery in December first week. Wanted advise from you all for what all accessories I should be opting for. I did not want to go for all those chrome inserts. What all are should and must (important and necessary) accessories which i should take from the showroom?
Also want to get rid of the Good Year tyres on the day one itself. Which brand tyre would be the best fit? I had the Michelin primacy 4t and Pirelli scorpion verde in mind as both are all season tyres subject to availability. And if possible if anyone can suggest me a good shop in Vizag to make this exchange on day one who would give a good value for the Good Years.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th October 2020, 11:04   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

Thanks in advance.
A few tips :
1) Please remember to forget your left foot. Make it a habit to keep your left foot on the dead pedal (extreme left). Never brake with your left foot. An automatic car is a right foot operation, period

2) The Seltos Diesel AT is a Torque Convertor type of gearbox which is the oldest and statistically the most reliable automatic transmission across the world. So just relax and drive without worrying too much.

3) Since you are new to ATs, please use your right foot judiciously. The Seltos Diesel AT will feel linear and progressive, but not exciting. Do not get carried away by performance of other turbo engines and keep your expectations accordingly. The car will respond well to regular smooth pedal inputs and you generally don't have to do anything other than manage the steering.

4) Do not try to drive the car at high speed before getting full control of the handling. Remember this is a high torque vehicle
(Diesel engine).

5) Please learn to modulate the accelerator and brake response so that you and your passengers do not have a jerky experience.

6) Try to get a "feel" of the car. Remember, the car communicates back to you as much as you communicate to it (using accelerator, brake and steering).

Enjoy your Seltos !

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 17th October 2020 at 11:09.
fhdowntheline is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 18:38   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
How much did it cost you and what brand? And it's the difference that stark as in you can feel it?
Apologies for the late reply. To my ears, the bass sounded much tighter after getting the damping done in all the 4 doors. However, as I was still not happy with the overall sound quality, I got the front door bose speakers replaced with pair of polk audio 652 speakers. I feel the overall sound quality is much better now and something I can happily live with. While the speakers were being changed, I noticed that the so called bose speakers were half the weight of polk audio speakers.

As for the cost, I had to pay 10k for damping for all the 4 doors and the speakers came to around 6800 (including fitting charges). The damping sheets had the name Maxxlink stamped on them.

Last edited by civic-dk : 18th October 2020 at 18:40.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 21:29   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post

As for the cost, I had to pay 10k for damping for all the 4 doors and the speakers came to around 6800 (including fitting charges). The damping sheets had the name Maxxlink stamped on them.
Seriously, Bose Branding seems to be only in name. My accessories guy (Jeewajee Chennai) even refused to install the underseat sub, says the output bump is not worth the 15k-20k cost.

I am getting damping done tomorrow actually, he has only quoted me 7k though. Hopefully it is good.

I guess the road noise now is very minimal in your car?

Most Viewed