Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2020, 21:34   #1381
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Hi Guys,
I have finally booked my GTX+ D A black color and will take the delivery in December first week. Wanted advise from you all for what all accessories I should be opting for. I did not want to go for all those chrome inserts. What all are should and must (important and necessary) accessories which i should take from the showroom?
Congrats on your buy. Wishing you many trouble free miles (Km just doesn't have the same zing)

On your questions,

1) the good years are pretty solid, imo don't waste money on a needless tyre change

2) get the sun visors for the rear and front seats + the rear windshield.

3) get the full 7d mat, they do a good job of installation

4) ppf imo is a must. Have it now on all my cars and don't regret it for a min

5) under carriage coating, the thick rubberised coating both reduces nvh and also protects undercarriage from rust

Finally this only if you really like your Sound quality, the Bose system is very average, so damping (though I myself have not yet done it and only sat in a friend's Seltos that has had it done), there is a definite bump in SQ. A fellow BHP'ian in this thread has also changed the front speakers.

Again this investment only if you are really into SQ. Overall the system is a 7/10 for a non into sound person.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 21:43   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Seriously, Bose Branding seems to be only in name. My accessories guy (Jeewajee Chennai) even refused to install the underseat sub, says the output bump is not worth the 15k-20k cost.

I am getting damping done tomorrow actually, he has only quoted me 7k though. Hopefully it is good.

I guess the road noise now is very minimal in your car?
Yes, the car is really silent now, way more than earlier.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 10:29   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.H View Post
Hi Buddy,
Congratulations on booking Kia seltos.
Kia owners manual pdf is 22mb. we cannot post more than 20mb.
During delivery time, Kia Service staff will assist in downloading and activating UVO and Kia Service apps. Kia Service app has soft copy of owners manuals.
Thank you. Mine is HTK Plus and it doesn't have UVO Connet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
A few tips :
Enjoy your Seltos !
Thank you. Took the delivery yesterday. The Auto transmission makes city driving very effortless. My other car is a Figo 1.5 TDCi and I found the performance of Seltos quite similar.
Speedshift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 11:30   #1384
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
An update on this. The brake failure issue has resurfaced in the same car two days ago. Fortunately for him this time too, the car was doing 30-35 kmph and he could stop the car with the help of hand brake.
Please correct me if I am wrong, (because I never tried this ) but, isn't using parking-brake to stop a car even at 30-35 kmph very dangerous? The parking breaks are usually very urgent and need to be applied very slowly and drivers are not used to doing this on a regular basis, so very difficult to get that kind of control. The car may change direction if the rear wheels lock-up(assuming parking brake only applied to rear wheels), and hit other cars or pedestrians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
As discussed in other threads regarding inherent brake failure issue in many Cretas , prima facie this one also is heading in same direction. This is quite worrying for all Seltos owners, me included. Hope Kia comes out with a concrete solution unlike Hyundai.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-response.html (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)
I was under the impression that Hyundai & KIA share their Engg & R&D facilities for product development. That's why the Creta & Seltos (also Venue & Sonet) share the same mechanicals & power/drive-trains under the skin. So if the issue is resolved, it will be for both. It seems highly unlikely that KIA would be able to resolve it separately and Hyundai wont. Consequently, if there is a recall, again both Seltos & Creta owners would benefit.
Napalm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 20:05   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, (because I never tried this ) but, isn't using parking-brake to stop a car even at 30-35 kmph very dangerous? So if the issue is resolved, it will be for both. It seems highly unlikely that KIA would be able to resolve it separately and Hyundai wont. Consequently, if there is a recall, again both Seltos & Creta owners would benefit.
There's a dedicated thread I've created on this.

" Brake failure issues in the Kia Seltos "

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ia-seltos.html (Brake failure issues in the Kia Seltos)
Old 19th October 2020, 23:19   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Congrats on your buy. Wishing you many trouble free miles (Km just doesn't have the same zing)

On your questions,

1) the good years are pretty solid, imo don't waste money on a needless tyre change

2) get the sun visors for the rear and front seats + the rear windshield.

3) get the full 7d mat, they do a good job of installation

4) ppf imo is a must. Have it now on all my cars and don't regret it for a min

5) under carriage coating, the thick rubberised coating both reduces nvh and also protects undercarriage from rust

Finally this only if you really like your Sound quality, the Bose system is very average, so damping (though I myself have not yet done it and only sat in a friend's Seltos that has had it done), there is a definite bump in SQ. A fellow BHP'ian in this thread has also changed the front speakers.

Again this investment only if you are really into SQ. Overall the system is a 7/10 for a non into sound person.
Thank you. Advise taken. Just a question on ppf though. Do showrooms provide such an option or you meant to get it done elsewhere? I was thinking of ceramic coating (what do you think?) since the color i chose is black and its gonna be high maintenance after all. I currently drive an i20 2010 and a black color, managed to maintain it quite well all these years with just Teflon coatings.
Old 20th October 2020, 08:57   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Do showrooms provide such an option or you meant to get it done elsewhere? I was thinking of ceramic coating (what do you think?) since the color i chose is black and its gonna be high maintenance after all. I currently drive an i20 2010 and a black color, managed to maintain it quite well all these years with just Teflon coatings.
I guess some of the dealers have tied up with detailers locally, please ask your dealer. I got ceramic coating on my red coloured seltos from detailing devils and they were good at it. I believe for colours like black, blue and red, ceramic coating is necessary.
Old 20th October 2020, 15:53   #1388
1:1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Apologies for the late reply. To my ears, the bass sounded much tighter after getting the damping done in all the 4 doors. However, as I was still not happy with the overall sound quality, I got the front door bose speakers replaced with pair of polk audio 652 speakers. I feel the overall sound quality is much better now and something I can happily live with. While the speakers were being changed, I noticed that the so called bose speakers were half the weight of polk audio speakers.

As for the cost, I had to pay 10k for damping for all the 4 doors and the speakers came to around 6800 (including fitting charges). The damping sheets had the name Maxxlink stamped on them.
Can you share some pictures? I am currious to have a look at the Bose system. Don't want to open the pannels on mine just yet.

OEM vs Aftermarket will always be heavier (better in almost 100% of case also depends on configuration and fine tuning). No car manufacturer will want to add any unnecessary exta weight per component.
Old 20th October 2020, 19:02   #1389
BHPian

Hi team,

Does the Seltos 1.5 D AT GTX+ come with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) or is it available only on 1.4 T-GDi ?

Any other safety features available on the Turbo Petrol GTX+ and skimped on Diesel AT GTX+?
Old 20th October 2020, 22:37   #1390
BHPian

While driving in peak evening traffic the Seltos 1.4 DCT skipped accelerating or moving. In short the engine was revving up while pressing the accelerator but not moving. I could carefully stop on the right side of the road, and luckily it didn't cause any accident or traffic. So controlling my panic, switched off the car and started again and it started moving again, Has anyone else faced this issue with their KIA or any car and what could be the reason. As usual the service advisor has never heard of such an issue and he wants to inspect to analyse the issue. Am glad this didn't happen while overtaking etc. Any idea why this happens. Haven't taken it to the service centre yet, but will do it soon.
Old 21st October 2020, 00:35   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
While driving in peak evening traffic the Seltos 1.4 DCT skipped accelerating or moving. In short the engine was revving up while pressing the accelerator but not moving. I could carefully stop on the right side of the road, and luckily it didn't cause any accident or traffic. So controlling my panic, switched off the car and started again and it started moving again, Has anyone else faced this issue with their KIA or any car and what could be the reason. As usual the service advisor has never heard of such an issue and he wants to inspect to analyse the issue. Am glad this didn't happen while overtaking etc. Any idea why this happens. Haven't taken it to the service centre yet, but will do it soon.
This looks like a classic case of clutch overheating. Caused by prolonged low speed crawl. Common to DCT type of transmissions. It will recover when the clutch cools down with some wear to the clutch. Does Seltos have clutch overheat warning on the dashboard ? Did you see any warning light on the dashboard ?
Old 21st October 2020, 01:34   #1392

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I guess some of the dealers have tied up with detailers locally, please ask your dealer. I got ceramic coating on my red coloured seltos from detailing devils and they were good at it. I believe for colours like black, blue and red, ceramic coating is necessary.
Thank you. What is a good value to spend on the ceramic coating? I have no experience with this. I spoke to few ppl and figured different dealers have different pricing and different number of coatings offered. Any place you could suggest in bangalore?
Old 21st October 2020, 05:29   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hi team,

Does the Seltos 1.5 D AT GTX+ come with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) or is it available only on 1.4 T-GDi ?

Any other safety features available on the Turbo Petrol GTX+ and skimped on Diesel AT GTX+?
I believe it does come with ESC.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 10:12   #1394
BHPian

Hi Team,
My Seltos GTX+ AT Insurance is getting expired tonight as I complete 1 year and I have got below quotes from the dealer from ICICI Lombard and Bharti Axa(Own Damages) and details are furnished as below.
ICICI Lombard - 27629
Bharti Axa - 22021

The questions I need your help are:
1. Has any one done the insurance renewal recently and which one you went for and what was the premium paid?
2. As part of Add-ons I have told to keep only Zero Dep and Engine Protection and remove Tyre Protection/Key Loss/Personal Belongings/Consumables and send a new quote which I'm waiting for. Is it good to have Zero Dep and Engine Protection as add ons and how much do they cost? As per the goggle they should not cost more than 1500/- buck together, but HDFC Ergo gives quote that for Zero Dep only they are charging 15k which I felt expensive. Ideally how much would be the charges for these two Addons(Zero Dep and Engine Protection).

Thanks In Advance!!!
Stay Safe!!!
Attached Images

Old 21st October 2020, 19:22   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
ICICI Lombard - 27629
Bharti Axa - 22021
Do check the IDV value of the vehicle as well, while reviewing the Quote. Most competitive insurance companies will give you lower premium quotes by reducing the IDV of the vehicle.
aswinpattath is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed