Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 23:43   #1441
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
I have a doubt regarding Seltos HTX manual. Can we turn on the A/C through Uvo App in the manual Variant? I know this function is available in HTX for the automatic but I want to know if it is available for the manual as well?
I dont think remote engine start is available on the non automatic variants. Which the AC relies on.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 23:54   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
I want to know if it is available for the manual as well?
No, Seltos HTX manual does not have this feature. Only Kia Sonet HTX manual has remote start (that too from the key itself). Range is around 30 metres. AC should be in auto mode when used for the last time, gear should be neutral and hand brake must be pressed for minimum 4 (or 5) clicks.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 09:12   #1443
BHPian

I got back from a 5 day trip to Goa. I have the HTK+ model and the drive was very comfortable. No hard ride quality reported like the in the review with 17inchers. I drove from Goa to Pune non stop. I guess the 16inch tyres are indeed better than the 17inch ones considering some extremely rough patches till Satara and once you enter Goa from Sawantwadi. This was the first long distance trip in my Seltos.
psbali is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 11:02   #1444
BHPian

Have the HTX + diesel manual, have done a few long drives in day to dusk conditions but did a drive in the night in pouring rain last week and the headlights were horrible.

Anyone upgraded or changed these? What's the suggested replacement?

I think the light temperature is super inefficient for rainy conditions. It does look good in city driving but that's about it.

Form over function triumphs again
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 13:52   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Kia launches pre paid service packages, called My Convenience program.
Tried to buy this but could not since its T&C says "Purchase anytime up to 1 year / 10,000 Kms". My car is at 13K so I could not buy it which is terrible should have been "Purchase anytime up to 2 year / 20,000 Kms".
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:54   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
In case it's the DPF warning light that's on , the manual suggests to drive the car above 2000 rpm continuously for 25 minutes or so to burn off the soot that has accumulated in your car's DPF.
Just asking. Instead of asking drivers to run car at high rpm (burning more fuel), can't these new gadgets be hooked to some heaters which can help in burning during normal cycle ? Or at least fix a plumbing with different reagents which can help breaking down the gunk ?
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 16:17   #1447
BHPian

Has anybody figured a way to disable the speed warnings in the Seltos? VAG/BMW/MERC guys have been able to disable them.
Old 4th November 2020, 17:23   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Has anybody figured a way to disable the speed warnings in the Seltos? VAG/BMW/MERC guys have been able to disable them.
I think it is a good system- not too obtrusive, quite like the airplane seatbelt chime - especially when you reach climb to cruise phase . Most importantly it keeps us sane on the roads. There shouldn’t be a way to disable it by the driver.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 22:52   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone, a friend of mine is taking delivery of his Seltos soon and he had these questions. Hence posting it here.

Thanks.

Quote:
"Hi all, I am taking delivery of my Seltos HTK+ Petrol this week. Need advice on the following:

(1) I expect significant night driving, so would like to upgrade the headlamps for better visibility. What is the best option for light upgrade without voiding the warranty?

(2) I would like to install front sensors - Is it possible to install this aftermarket without voiding the warranty? If yes, anything special I should watch out for and any brand recommendations?"
Old 5th November 2020, 19:17   #1450
BHPian

Is there a way to contact the Kia team in Mumbai? Its been 9 weeks since I booked a Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT, the the dealer seems to be clueless about the delivery date even today despite having promised a 6-7 weeks for delivery at the time of booking.

Am sure they have pre-planned manufacturing and delivery schedules, it not as if they will conjure up a car out of their back pocket. I suspect the dealer is up to some hanky panky.
Old 5th November 2020, 19:30   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
Am sure they have pre-planned manufacturing and delivery schedules, it not as if they will conjure up a car out of their back pocket. I suspect the dealer is up to some hanky panky.
It seems several external factors including supply chain issues from its vendors, Hyderabad rains, COVID affected employees and so on, have affected KIA. The impact has been more on Seltos while KIA had built sufficient inventory for Sonet (being a new launch). Refer posts in the past two pages where few others have reported such long waiting times without any known delivery date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hi everyone, a friend of mine is taking delivery of his Seltos soon and he had these questions. Hence posting it here.

Thanks.
For the lights, I would recommend that you friend uses the new car as such for 2-3 months to understand how good or bad the stock lights are. If he still feels like upgrading then I would recommend a HID kit would serve his purpose. Most owners who have made this upgrade are happy with the performance with HID.

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th November 2020 at 19:31.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 21:39   #1452
BHPian

Hi guys, i have the HTk Plus model and find the oem lighting a tad insufficient, please advice on a good upgrade for night driving.

Cheers
Old 5th November 2020, 22:49   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
Is there a way to contact the Kia team in Mumbai? Its been 9 weeks since I booked a Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT, the the dealer seems to be clueless about the delivery date even today despite having promised a 6-7 weeks for delivery at the time of booking.

What colour did you book?
Old 6th November 2020, 22:09   #1454
BHPian

I recently talked to my dealer, he assured me that he could deliver the car on my mom's bday i.e 10 Jan.
Now I am confused as to whether I should wait 10-15 days more and get the 2021 Manufactured Model or get it on 10 Jan itself (2020 Dec Manufacturing)
Old 6th November 2020, 22:31   #1455
Senior - BHPian

If you are not getting any discounts, better go for 2021 model as prices shall be more or less same for the month of January (unless Kia updates the Seltos 2021 range).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks