Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 18:07   #1576
BHPian

A quick question for those who bought GTX+DCT recently. Do you guys see Transmission temperature gauge in the Instrument cluster?

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/cars/...213-2020-12-16

A new software update has reportedly come for all DCT owners which is supposed to improve the first gear acceleration as per news

Last edited by Samurai : 24th December 2020 at 19:12.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 07:51   #1577

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
A quick question for those who bought GTX+DCT recently. Do you guys see Transmission temperature gauge in the Instrument cluster?
I got my GTX+ DCT in January 2020. The transmission temperature guage is missing in mine.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th December 2020 at 08:05. Reason: Quote tags fixed
satyad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:34   #1578

Updated Seltos Ex-showroom prices.

Probably the 'substantial' increase was reserved only for the Sonet.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot-20210101-1.31.35-pm.png  

lucaxander is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:38   #1579
BHPian

Wanted help on deciding between GTX+ vs HTX+ (Diesel AT) variant. Below are the features which are incremental to GTX+ which I gathered from the brochure. With GTX+ costing around 1.1 Lakhs on road more than HTX+, my question is specific to safety, and if the below 2 points (additional airbag, ESC etc) really are must haves over the HTX+ features?

*Side and Curtain Airbag
*Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist
*360' camera view
*Blind View Monitor in Cluster LCD
*Multi Drive Modes (Normal, Eco, Sports)
*Traction Modes (Sand, Mud, Wet)
*Heads Up Display
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:02   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Wanted help on deciding between GTX+ vs HTX+ (Diesel AT) variant. Below are the features which are incremental to GTX+ which I gathered from the brochure. With GTX+ costing around 1.1 Lakhs on road more than HTX+, my question is specific to safety, and if the below 2 points (additional airbag, ESC etc) really are must haves over the HTX+ features?

*Side and Curtain Airbag
*360' camera view
In most cases, while we may already be stretching our budgets to go for the model we choose, however in my honest opinion, it may always be better to spend that extra bit (~5-6% in this case) for the safety features. These are powerful vehicles (by Indian standards) and may be driven on highways / hilly terrain / in low light conditions in the night, amongst other places / circumstances, where we could get into difficult situations, given that many people don't necessarily follow traffic rules in our country. These features could well make a big difference then and will also generally give you more confidence with your driving.

However, at the end of the day, we will need to take a call based on how we plan to use the vehicle and our budget. All the best with your decision!
Aditya Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:17   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With GTX+ costing around 1.1 Lakhs on road more than HTX+, my question is specific to safety, and if the below 2 points (additional airbag, ESC etc) really are must haves over the HTX+ features?

*Side and Curtain Airbag
These are safety features which are unlikely to have any ROI unless- God forbid- you face a life threatening situation. In that case it could mean everything. Your call!
Quote:
*360' camera view
Ha! This is one of those features that you won’t need unless you start using it and once you do, you’ll find it hard to live without! Extremely useful when parking in tight spots, taking U turns on a crowded road etc.
Quote:
Extremely useful feature especially if your city has pesky two wheelers trying to squeeze in on the wrong side while turning.
Quote:
Practically useless features. The Seltos is a soft roader at best and these all-terrain features feel a bit pointless. Sport mode is not bad if you’re in a frisky mood but certainly not a must-have.
Quote:
*Heads Up Display
Neat party trick at best. The nice thing about it is that you can see your speed digitally rendered in front of you without having to really check. And the navigation projection is pretty cool too. But again hardly a must-have.

Disclaimer: I own the GTX+ and started off indifferent to some of these features but am now enjoying using them and feel good about my choice!
noopster is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 20:04   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/cars/...213-2020-12-16

A new software update has reportedly come for all DCT owners which is supposed to improve the first gear acceleration as per news
See this post of mine, you can bring the temperature gauge back. It usually gets hidden after a software update.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4725054 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Old 5th January 2021, 08:23   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Xotiq, please don't take it otherwise but if you are really concerned about the safety, why planning a car that barely got 3 stars in safety ratings. Why not try those with 4 or even 5 stars. If the structure is not good enough other safety features will have lesser effect.
gkg2423 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:53   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Xotiq, please don't take it otherwise but if you are really concerned about the safety, why planning a car that barely got 3 stars in safety ratings. Why not try those with 4 or even 5 stars. If the structure is not good enough other safety features will have lesser effect.
That is a good point, what other options would you suggest in the same range?
Old 5th January 2021, 11:11   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
If petrol sedans are an option for you, you could look at the top end Honda City. Comes with all the safety features, a very reliable engine / transmission, loads of space, good ergonomics and decent after sales service. Obviously, you will miss the higher ground clearance, a higher seating position and a few extra features the Seltos provides. You could go through the other thread / review on Team BHP for details.

GTO's Review

Honda City Discussion Forum

However, in case you are keen on an SUV, you could potentially wait for VW Taigun. I am expecting it to be quite competitively priced against Creta / Seltos given the high level of localization.
Old 5th January 2021, 11:29   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
*Side and Curtain Airbag
*360' camera view
*Heads Up Display
I would suggest to stretch the budget and go for GTX+. I am using GTX+ DCT for more than a year and I have invariably used almost all these features.
HUD is very useful on highways as it also shows directions from inbuilt maps. 360' camera system is a great safety tool when overtaking as well as parking in tight spots. I find it especially useful in hills where in steep slopes ORVM's become useless and 360' camera becomes a life saver.
Additional airbags (passive safety) and electronic safety aids (Active safety) are worth the additional money spent. I presume Kia has absorbed some cost in the top end GTX+ models as additional 1 lakh is quite less for these many features (entirely my assumption).

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 5th January 2021 at 11:38.
Old 5th January 2021, 11:35   #1587
BHPian

Well I want to add my 2 cents here.
I think in order to suggest safer cars here we must rely on cars which have proven safety rating for India specific models, because, I have made a mistake of relying on international ratings when buying Seltos last year (it scored 5 stars in Australian NCAP).
Cars suggested by you right now (no offense) have not been tested for India and we cannot assume their safety ratings right now.
Only cars which has been tested in this price range and have better ratings than Seltos are Mahindra Marazzo and MS Ertiga.

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 5th January 2021 at 11:39.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 13:57   #1588
BHPian

Updated 2021 price list for Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-price-list-bangalore.jpg  

vijay_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:18   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Well that is an issue actually. I find no other car in this range. if I had to buy, I would either go for Nexon or Harrier, depending upon which one I could afford. Or I would wait for new launch.
Old 7th January 2021, 13:20   #1590
Senior - BHPian

The waiting period for the Seltos is now 16 weeks.

A year ago it was more readily available.

Is the increase in the waiting period due to part of the production line being earmarked for the Sonet or an increase in demand?

Most Viewed