Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 13:22   #1591

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

New Kia logo, will be on the new cars that ship from the factory from today.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kiatointroducenewlogo.jpeg  

lucaxander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:18   #1592

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
The waiting period for the Seltos is now 16 weeks.

A year ago it was more readily available.

Is the increase in the waiting period due to part of the production line being earmarked for the Sonet or an increase in demand?
I had booked the Seltos on 30th December, I was told the approximate waiting period to be 3.5 months, however, got a call yesterday that it has already been allocated and shipped from the factory.

So in my experience, neither, the waiting period is just being used to make an appearance of high demand to prospective customers.
lucaxander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 17:39   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaxander View Post
I had booked the Seltos on 30th December, I was told the approximate waiting period to be 3.5 months, however, got a call yesterday that it has already been allocated and shipped from the factory.

So in my experience, neither, the waiting period is just being used to make an appearance of high demand to prospective customers.
Thanks. Which variant was this?
Old 7th January 2021, 18:40   #1594

Quote:
Thanks. Which variant was this?
HTK+ Diesel Automatic.

It was the same for another HTE Diesel (both booked and shipped together ).
lucaxander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 22:08   #1595

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaxander View Post
New Kia logo, will be on the new cars that ship from the factory from today.
Is this a confirmed news. Doesn't show anywhere in the news about it being implemented in India as well.
Old 7th January 2021, 22:14   #1596

Quote:
The waiting period for the Seltos is now 16 weeks.

A year ago it was more readily available.

Is the increase in the waiting period due to part of the production line being earmarked for the Sonet or an increase in demand?
Could be a reason but when enquired at the factory they said due to covid restrictions some parts for seltos are long awaited and thus a delay in deliveries. I have booked one myself in September 2020 and the showroom is still not able to give any certain date for delivery. But either ways the factory is capable of producing 3lakhs cars, not sure how is that going to be managed later.
Rohitbotta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 00:40   #1597
1:1
BHPian

Quick question to all owners who have bought their Seltos after Jan 2020.

Can you confirm the software version number and the maps current version number?
I am asking because when my car went in for service the service advisor informed me that the software has been updated. But when I checked the version number before and after it is the same.
Service Advisor also informed me that the software is different for cars produced after Jan 2020 which have serial number SOP.005.Xxxx
Where as cars manufactured before Jan 2020 will be with version number SOP.003.xxx
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-4f4d72ed731e4631bc1270aa386d3385.jpeg  

Old 8th January 2021, 09:16   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Could be a reason but when enquired at the factory they said due to covid restrictions some parts for seltos are long awaited and thus a delay in deliveries. I have booked one myself in September 2020 and the showroom is still not able to give any certain date for delivery. But either ways the factory is capable of producing 3lakhs cars, not sure how is that going to be managed later.
Which variant have you booked, and dealer?
Old 8th January 2021, 10:10   #1599
BHPian

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_6801.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_6802.jpg

So today morning when I started my vehicle (GTX+ DCT) I got engine check light and notification from UVO that there is malfunction in emission control system.

Anyone else faced this issue or know about this?

My SA mentions that due to rains in Gurgaon some water may have entered the system and would take about 3 hours to rectify this. I would be going there today (if work permits) or tomorrow.

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 8th January 2021 at 10:39.
Old 8th January 2021, 10:54   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Which variant have you booked, and dealer?
Gtx+ Diesel Auto - black color from Lakshmi Kia Vizag
Old 9th January 2021, 09:21   #1601
BHPian

“Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?” – Brian Tracy.

Well, for me a perfect life looks like happy parents, a small home, a good job, and a car which makes you give a second look every time you park her. So, after year-long research, car comparisons, and multiple test drives, comes home our Kia Seltos GTX+ 1.5D Turbo AT (Pearl White).

Kia Seltos : Official Review-ks2.jpg
Stylish yet classy!

• A beautiful and an all-rounded crossover SUV appealing to everyone
• Lovely 1.5D turbo engine with appreciable efficiency
• Superbly tuned torque converter automatic transmission makes you hate manual cars
• Features - 360 degree cameras, front parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers, 6 airbags, telescopic steering, automatic headlamps, sunroof, heads-up display, ventilated seats, TPMS, Bose audio, etc.
• Very finely tuned steering and suspension setup with good ride and composure on highways
• Superb vehicle control with all-round disc brakes, ESP, traction control
• All black interiors is a major plus point

Dislikes:
• Concerning GNCAP ratings, expected much more at this price range
• The suspension is a bit on the stiffer side for normal city roads
• Missing features vis-a-vis competition – panoramic sunroof, cooled glovebox, paddle shifters, electric parking brake, cornering lights
• Pricing slightly on the higher side

We currently own two vehicles- I drive a Maruti Suzuki Ignis (2018) and my mom uses the Maruti Suzuki Swift (2015). Dad used to own a Bolero, however, gave it up and is currently using his office allocated vehicle (again a Bolero).

The Kia Seltos was introduced as the SP Concept at the Auto Expo 2018 among much fanfare. I visited the company’s India launch event and immediately fell in love with the vehicle. The perfect SUV stance, compact proportions, and stylish yet sober design completely won me over.

Why a new car?

Well, both my and mom’s vehicles are used pretty heavily and almost every day. Both mine and my mom’s workplace are pretty far from home and both of our current vehicles have gained a high mileage within a short period. Moreover, with the Bolero gone and with dad’s retirement coming soon, we needed a pretty good and comfortable/premium vehicle that can be used for non-daily tasks.

Why Top-End Diesel Automatic?

We tend to keep our cars running for a very long time before replacing them with a new vehicle. Before Ignis & Swift, we had a Maruti Suzuki Omni-E and Chevrolet Aveo U-VA. Both were used very extensively before being sold off. So, we do prefer having all the features from the factory and rarely rely on aftermarket accessories.

Coming to the fuel choice, it’s more of a personal preference towards diesel engines on SUVs and also the lower running cost factor. While we have traditionally been petrol car users, the Bolero diesel spoilt us. Dad has always been a diesel vehicle lover, as he has always been getting quite a good office allocated cars. So he was adamant that whatever heavy car we buy next should be a diesel.

The automatic transmission was the last moment decision. The non-availability of a diesel manual transmission combination on the Seltos GTX+ model was a major downer for us. However, this made us consider automatic and test drive it. Before this we never even considered test driving the automatic even once. All three of us loved the way the Diesel AT drove and finalized the deal.

Features..features & features

The less said the better. Kia has spoilt us by offering unbelievable features in a vehicle at a price that was unheard of previously. The best features of what I feel makes this car unique and also assists a lot during driving are the 360 degrees cameras, front parking sensors, ventilated seats, rear middle row headrest. These features just make traveling in this vehicle very comfortable.

Some nice to have features that do add bling and makes you happy with your investment are the funky speaker mood lighting, Heads-Up-Display, and the air purifier with perfume diffuser. Also, the horn just sounds so awesome. I’m in love with it. The old additional beep horn, which was used while locking & unlocking the vehicle in the 2019 version of Seltos is now thankfully gone. It just sounded very cheap.

Though I do miss the awesome panoramic sunroof from the Creta. That one is just love, and completely transforms the interiors of your vehicle. Moreover, seating in the rear seat of Creta feels like being in a luxury vehicle.

Alternatives considered

We wanted a crossover SUV which was easier to drive not just for me, but for my parents as well. Moreover, the roads here in Guwahati are quite narrow. So, we didn’t want to own something of a very large dimension leading to difficulties in driving later on.

Some good cars in the budget including Tata Harrier and MG Hector were just rejected due to their sheer size. Though I love the Harrier, its footprint is not ideal for us. Competitors from Nissan and Renault were turned down due to the present situation of such companies in India along with their outdated offerings.

The XUV300 was a really good alternative and we loved everything about the vehicle. However, the boot space was a major downer. It was just a bit bigger than our present cars Swift & Ignis. No holiday trips would have been possible with 5 on-board, hence rejected it.

So, in a nutshell, I would have loved a smaller sized Tata Harrier or a bigger sized Mahindra XUV300. So, the final decision would have been between the two siblings – Creta & Seltos.

So, coming to the most important question, why not Hyundai Creta?

The answer is quite simple and complicated as well. I was among the ones who hated the looks of it when the Chinese Hyundai ix25 images surfaced over the Internet. However, in-person, I loved the way it looked. Something different and unique. Moreover, the panoramic sunroof was one of the major USPs of the vehicle.

However, things became quite opposite when coming to the interior. The feel and finish of the interior is not something that was much plush or premium feel as compared to the Seltos. I don’t know if it’s just me but whenever I sit to drive the Seltos, the sportiness and confidence that I feel are completely on a differet level, unlike the Creta. And mind you this is after multiple test drives over the last few months.

But I do feel like an overall vehicle, Creta brings much more value to the table as compared to the Seltos. Additionally, after consulting with my parents, things were already set as to which one would come home. Dad was not much bothered and was happy with both. But my mom completely rejected Creta because of its overall styling and appeal. However, the car is just awesome for its price and value proposition is what I feel.

Finally, color and how much money spent?

Coming to color and this is a very subjective matter. But in this case interestingly me and my parents, all loved the black and white colors available in Seltos. While we wanted to own a black vehicle, the maintenance and vehicle visibility during bad weather made us worried, and opt for the white color.

Coming to the cost, the total on-road price for the top-end Kia Seltos came out to be around ₹19.5 lakhs on-road. We had also opted for the extended warranty and the basic kit offered by the company. No additional third party accessories were fitted.

Driving experience:

I have mostly driven petrol vehicles all my life. Had a very limited experience with diesel. Moreover, I had always driven manual transmission vehicles extensively and just tried automatic a few times. So, I was very skeptical about the performance and driving nature of such a variant.

However, after test driving the 1.5D AT variant, I just fell in love with it. The gear changes happen smoothly and are barely noticeable. There are no vibrations and the vehicle linearly gains speed. Moreover, during overtaking, a hard push on the accelerator drops down a gear and gives you the required speed to confidently drive off.

After having driven the vehicle for more than 2,500 km, I am finding it very difficult to return to our manual vehicles. The suspension is a bit on the stiffer side, however, I find it to be absolutely fine, as the high-speed manners are simply great on this vehicle. Additionally, the steering feels very good to hold and offers a good amount of feedback as well.

I do want to give a special mention to the braking of this vehicle. The all-round disc brakes do a fantastic job in bringing the vehicle to a stop almost instantly. Felt very confident during my recent highway journeys while emergency braking situation.

Coming to the efficiency, I am getting in the range of 14-18 kmpl on mixed usage with the AC always on. I find the mileage to be good for a vehicle of such nature and the mileage is expected to increase with the next engine oil change.

Dealership experience:

We bought the car from Meridian Motors, Guwahati-Assam. This is a single Kia dealership serving the entire North-East region. Though I was a little bit skeptical about their service given the monopoly they are having, everything was handled very professionally. During booking, I was quoted a waiting period of around 40 days. However, I received the vehicle in less than a month.

Coming to the servicing part, the vehicle was taken for its first servicing at around 1,000 km. This was just a basic check-up and comprehensive washing of the vehicle. Additionally, the tires were filled with Nitrogen at 35 psi level. The overall bill came to around ₹400/-. Overall I was happy with their responsiveness and their service quality. Though I do feel they should now invest in increasing the number of service centers, as the present setup is not too big for handling high traffic.

Attaching some pictures for the end!

Kia Seltos : Official Review-ks1.jpg
Elegant looking rear view, just love it!
Kia Seltos : Official Review-ksi.jpg
All black interiors are super awesome
Kia Seltos : Official Review-ksn.jpg
The beautiful headlight setup on a foggy night
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kss.jpg
The first servicing completed!
Kia Seltos : Official Review-ks3.jpg
The travel partner.

Hoping for some happy miles ahead with the badass new family member.
DebarshiSharma is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:05   #1602

Hello All,
Wanted some genuine feedback/opinions on my purchase decision.
For the longest time, I've been a big fan of Seltos and always looked at it as my dream car. Now when I am evaluating this car with Creta 2020, I'm not so sure anymore and getting a bit confused. (Have watched almost all comparison videos between the two)

The variant I am interested in is HTX Petrol (Manual/IVT).

Usage details:
Average annual running: 4,000-5,000 Km
Driving conditions: Mostly city driving with some weekend long drives. 1-2 trips per month between Pune-Mumbai
Driving style: Relaxed, conservative

Creta variant being considered: SX Petrol (Only Manual, as IVT is out of budget)

P.S.: Not the biggest fan of Creta's looks, but I'm wondering if the design will grow on me. Also the fact that Creta might have a better resale value and better service network/quality are some factors in its favor.

Would be super if you guys can suggest and help me make a right decision through your experiences.

Thanks! 🙂
Old 11th January 2021, 12:21   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskalurkar View Post
Hello All,
Wanted some genuine feedback/opinions on my purchase decision.
For the longest time, I've been a big
P.S.: Not the biggest fan of Creta's looks, but I'm wondering if the design will grow on me. Also the fact that Creta might have a better resale value and better service network is w, xrk/quality are some factors in its favor.

Would be super if you guys can suggest and help me make a right decision through your experiences.

Thanks! 🙂
Buy the Seltos auto without a doubt. The market is moving in that direction and you won't regret it. The low running you have doesn't require a diesel and the petrol should give reasonable mileage when driven sedately.

Looks don't grow, what doesn't get your fancy now will look worse down the line. Low running with a petrol also means that exhaust system won't trouble you like it does on diesels with more complicated systems post bs6.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:31   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskalurkar View Post
The variant I am interested in is HTX Petrol (Manual/IVT).

Creta variant being considered: SX Petrol (Only Manual, as IVT is out of budget)
Creta SX has additional important safety features that the Seltos HTX misses on. Just this factor is enough for me to pick Creta SX over Seltos HTX.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:07   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Attachment 2104605

Attachment 2104606

So today morning when I started my vehicle (GTX+ DCT) I got engine check light and notification from UVO that there is malfunction in emission control system.

Anyone else faced this issue or know about this?
So I have an update on this issue. Initially, they took out the EGR valve and made some adjustments to it and it worked fine for 3 days.

Today morning (11 Jan 2021), the light has come up again along with notification. I called up my service advisor and he is now going to place an order for replacement of EGR valve which incidentally comes along with Turbocharger. The part will take one month to arrive (I can wait for a month).

My big concern now is that complexity involved in replacing EGR valve and turbocharger. Would technical team would be able to do it properly. Let's see, fingers crossed for now.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks